Best and Worst finishers in WWE history

Best:
Stone Cold Stunner-Its quick, looks painful as hell, comes out of nowhere so the crowd gets that surprise reaction and a huge pop right after
Chokeslam-You get a big guy to pick up another guy by his throat and then slam him down to the mat. It cant get anymore dominating than that.
Spear-Admit it. When you witness the perfect spear during a match, you cant help but hold your stomache too
Muscle Buster- If applied at full force, you can break someone's spine with that move. nuff said.
Canadian Destroyer-That's just a really cool lookin move, even tho it's impractical in any real situation.

Worst
FU- Its a firemans carry. that's it. i've seen hundreds during real ametur wrestling matches. no one gets knocked unconscious by it. but since cena sells merchandise to the same people that buy pokemon cards, lets go ahead and make that a finisher.
Samoan Spike-Its a clothesline with a thumb sticking out. i wonder how long it took him to come up with that one?
The Worm-This shouldnt even be called a finisher. mainly because i cant remember scotty actually finishing someone with this move.
Nunzio's Finisher-I dont know if its called the Sicilian Slice or the Arivaderchi, but anyway, all it is is an armbar takedown. how does hurting someone's arm keep them down for a 3 count?
Pumphandle slam-choosing the most akward way to put a guy on your shoulder doesnt make the slam anymore powerful. this move doesnt even make any sense. leave it up to the steroid loving Test to make that a finisher.

Best
Stone Cold Stunner - It's just a finisher that has you up on your feet every single time, it's just that impactful, and on rare occasion, like the infamous stunner to scott hall and hall's rebound, it's just incredible, and unlike the 619 or the peoples elbow, it's hard to reverse, and if it does get reversed it makes the wrestler look good, unlike with the 619, when you just ask yourself, why is he just waiting their?

Worst
619- At first, this move was epic, but the only way this move can succeed is if the victim is a very good actor, and can make it look like he has reason to be on those ropes, a very rare site. You just always ask yourself, why is he just waiting there? Why won't he move?

Best:
C4
Canadian Destroyer
Widow's Peak
Swanton Bomb
RKO
Spiral Tap
450 Splash
Go To Sleep
Corkscrew Neckbreaker
The Side-Effect
F5

Worst:
DDT
The Worm
Hogans Leg Drop
The Stroke
The Masterlock
FU
STFU
Five Knuckle Shuffle
Khali's Claw
Khali's Chop
The World's Strongest Slam

The Pile Driver, The Bulldog, DDT and The Death Valley Driver(by the way F-U is the stupidest name for this move), by far the coolest moves. The People's elbow(The Rock was one of the greatest ever), but man this move was RIDICULOUS. The Samoan spike? and The mandible claw(I don't care how much you pay me, I'm not letting Mick Foley stick his dirty bandaged hand in my mouth, Now give me Trish Stratus and we are in business.) are the worst.

I'm tired of everyone saying the F-5 and the F-U are the same. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. Let's go to wrestling school now, everyone.

An F-5 is a SPINNING FIREMAN'S CARRY FACEBUSTER, meaning that Brock spins his opponent 360 degrees before dropping him onto his face.

An F-U is a STANDING FIREMAN'S CARRY SLAM, meaning that Cena stands with his opponent on his shoulders before dropping him onto his back.

Now, no one can call Cena's F-U a Death Valley Driver because it ISN'T a Death Valley Driver either. In a DVD, you drop the opponent on their neck/shoulders. The F-U is a slam, thus the opponent is slammed onto their back.

Now that that's cleared up:

Best: C-4 (SWEET looking), Breakdown (when Jericho actually performed it like he wanted to), Unprettier (looks more painful than the pedigree, and is essentially the same thing, but inverted), Black Hole Slam, Sliced Bread #2, Superkick, Buff Blockbuster (always was a favorite of mine), Corkscrew Neckbreaker, Razor's/Outsider's Edge, Downward Spiral, Widow's Peak, Imploding 450 Splash (just looks better when it's done this way), Green Bay Plunge (loved seeing Hornswoggle owned with this at WM23)

Worst: Leg Drop, Samoan Spike, The Worm, Walls of Jericho (the Liontamer was far better and believable with the knee to the back of the neck,) Jacknife Powerbomb (he just lets go in the air...no force behind it,) F-U, STFU, Overdrive/Playmaker (Orton got hurt using this as his finisher before...maybe bad news for MVP?)

best-has got to be619.it gets a massive pop

worst-kalhi claw

OH GOD HIS AND!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY HEAD.OW THAT HURTS.

THATS BULL

"That's bull" in a statement that breathed the 619 as a "best" finisher. Anyone's else logic center just suffer a critical hit?

Anyway...

BEST: Sweet Chin Music, Pedigree, and any other move with sudden, forceful impact. A friend of mine once said the best finisher is one that can come out of nowhere. While its true (taking the above examples) that SCM has the "tuning up the band" and HHH can taunt while holding their arms tight, the moves themselves could be done in short order without the primping.

WORST: Several Categories Fit This:

-Anything that takes excessive effort in setting up for minimum impact. Examples: Pump Handle Slams, Fireman's Carry(s), People's Elbow, Worm, etc.

-Also, any move that has been copied so many times its originality is utterly destroyed. Examples: Sit Out Power Bombs, Death Valley Drivers, Spears

-Any move that is an attempt to turn a basic match staple into a match ender. Arm Bars, Clotheslines (Unless you are JBL), Takedowns, and basic submission holds.

Best moves: Tiger Driver(I mean the pedigree one, its a better version of the pedigree, you drive their's and your's weight on their neck between your knees) C-4(top rope), Burning Hammer

Worst Moves: Overdrive(hurts himself, have no clue how this effects opponents, except they might be stunned about opponent hurting himself), F-U(fireman's carry, wow), STFU(When he first used it he was using it as a choke, it's supposed to be a step over toehold face lock! Now it looks so fake, you can tell that his arms arn't even touching the guys neck, it looks like hes wrenching his own arm!), 619(completely unbelievable, he barely hits it to so it doesn't look as it would take someone out, pales in comparison to the quick, believable, top rope 619 by takuya sugi), Worm(give me one reason not to put this stupid thing on here), Atomic/Hogan Leg Drop(just weak as hell, i've seen X-devision wrestlers pull off a better one, and their usually quick and useless in the actual match), and the all time worst finisher in history, Hogan's infamous "FINGER POKE OF DOOM!!!", it shouldn't usually be on here (since it was only used on Nash) but I'm just doing it to show how much of an asshole hogan was and still is and to bring back memories to peoples faces.

I see ALOT of people knocking the STFU....Granted, it's not within the style of John Cena....but come on, let someone put YOU in the STFU....that shit hurts....bad... I don't look at finishers by "how graceful" they look, rather by how painful they would be if I came into contact with one. And let me tell you...having wrestled independently myself, and having been put in the "STFU", I can honestly say, it friggin hurts... but remember, this is all OPINION!

best in order
1.Canadian destroyer holy shit that is awsome and it looks like it hurts like crazy.
2.sweet chin music comes out of no where
3.rko-same as sweet chin music
4.pedigree-looks awsome every damn time
5.f-5 one of the best moments ever in wwe/wwf history when brock f-5 the big show
6.jackhammer slam- no one does it like goldberg wen others do it they make it look like complete bull shit.
7.gts- punk makes it look awsome

worst in order
1.the worm- wow it is a chop that takes 5 minutes to do...
2. khali vice grip- i mean come on he squezes his oppenents head which really doesent hurt all that much
3.batista bomb- a sit down power bomb which anybody can do. only difference is people dont kik out of bastista
4.clothline from hell- a freakin clothsline i mean come on how do u get pinned by a clothsline
5.worlds strongest splash- a fat man falling on u wat a hell of a finisher
6.hogan leg drop- i like hogan but really how does no body kik outta leg drop only when hogan does it.
7.mandible claw- a sock in ur mouth and that makes u tap out. i can think of a way to counter that bite his hand dumbasses i mean it dont take a brain surgion to figure that out

Top 5
1) Tombstone Piledriver
2) 619
3) Sweet Chin Music
4) Pedigree
5) Green Bay Plunge from top rope

Bottom 5
1) Hogan Leg Drop
2) FU and STFU
3) Spear
4) Chokeslam
5) Samoan Spike

Best: Pedigree, tombstone piledriver, The F-5, The Backstabber, Swanton Bomb and the Sweet Chin Music

Worst: Leg Drop, Samoan Spike, FU, STFU and the Master Lock

top 6
sweet chin music, f-5, the pounce, jake the snakes ddt(best ddt ever! he made it look like a finisher) the elijah express and razors edge

bottom 5
hogan leg drop, swanton bomb, vice grip, the worm and any spear that is not done by edge or goldberg.

Best: the stunner, that was some move, came out of no where, looked good, and could watch it again and again without getting bored...and came with jr saying "oh Austin got the stunner...stunner by austin"

Worst: the vice grip, is actually so bad it makes me laff

TOP 5
1. Stunner
2. RKO
3. Sweet Chin Music
4. The Last Ride
5. Pedigree

BOTTOM 5
1. Hogan's Leg Drop
2. Worm
3. Vice Grip
4. Spear
5. Samoan Spike

Best Finshers:
The pedigree, Tombstone, Frog splash, LOD's Dooms Day Device, The Dudleys 3-D, Brock's F5, Sharpshooter, Crippler Crossface, Uprettier, RKO (only when its done well cos otherwise it looks crap), Figure 4 Leg Lock, goldbergs Jackhammer, Razor's Edge, the styles clash, the lionsault,
Kenny's Leg Drop, rhynos gore, The Shooting Star Press, Walls of Jericho, Tazmisson,

Worst Finshers:
Khali's double hand chokeslam, Samoan spike(WTF),Hogan's Leg Drop, Chris Masters' Master Lock, Warrior's Gorilla Press Slam/ Splash, the Worm,spear (overused by too many wrestlers!), The Stroke, scissor kick, Stunner,
Visceras Splash (he doesnt even touch them), pump handle slam,

Best: 619, Swanton bomb, Sweet chin music, sharpshooter, Stunner,Shamrocks/Angles ankle lock,Jake Roberts DDT,Perfectplex

Worst: Whichever one warrior decided to use that day, F5. Lugers forearm smash,spear, STFU,maria's bulldog,Big daddys V's elbow drop, cm punks GTS

I don't understand why people say the FU is a joke... John Cena is what, 6'1, 6'2? Not only is that a 6 foot free fall, the swing adds even more momentum. While it may not be the most effective move, it easily has the ability to knock someone out.

Best Finishers:
Stunner, RKO, Impaler DDT, Shooting Star Press, BME, Pedigree, 5 Star Frog Splash, Canadian Destroyer (even though its basically one guy flipping forward as the other guy flips backward onto his neck)

Worst Finishers:
Leg Drop, The Worm, Socko, The Pounce (its a guy getting tackled....really?), Samoan Spike, Styles Clash

BEST FINISHERS

1) RKO
2) Tombstone (actually looks like it would hurt)
3) F5
4) Sweet Chin Music
5) Pedigree

WORST FINISHERS

1) The worm
2) Samoan Spike
3) STFU
4) Vise Grip
5) Backcracker

Best Finishers:
Tombstone, Jamie Noble's gutbuster, Sliced Bread #2, Pedigree, Sweet Chin Music, Vertebreaker, The Walls Of Jericho

Worst Finishers:
Elbow Drop, The Worm, Samoan Spike, Roll-up, Vise Grip

one of the best finishers ive seen was paul burchills c-4 back when he had the pirate gimmick

of course the tombstone as well as canadian destroyer as #1. But, the 1 that i like to watch the most is paul burchills flip bottom. Its a back flip modified book end/rock bottom. Its cool and i never saw anyone kick out. It shows a lot of athleticism.

The worst submission is the STFU it doesnt even hurt AT ALL PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

samoan spike is lame but looks like it might hurt. Khalis finisher would not hurt that much that he could pin u by putting a foot on you. EVen if its from 7 feet up its not gonna hurt that bad!!!!!

How can you say that? Are you serious? Edge said the only time he ever was unconcious in a match was after John Cena locked the STFU in on him. Get someone with as much muscle as Cena to lock that in on you, and see if it hurts. Oh, and which Khali finisher? The chop, granted may not hurt as much.. but the double-handed chokebomb, that HAS to hurt..

The best finisher ever? Three little letters, one crashing end. D-D-T. When Jake Roberts would signal for the DDT, people would lose their minds, because they knew they were about to see something that was truly spectacular. There had never been a move like it before, and Jake Roberts did it like it was supposed to be done....one fluid motion. There was no spinning, jumping, diving reverse crap....he would hook the head and drive it into the mat. Once you saw Jake Roberts deliver the DDT....you never forgot it.

As for the worst move ever? That ones a little tougher because there have truly been a lotta' crap finishers over the years. One that always bugged the complete Hell outta' me was 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan's 'Football Tackle'. A shoulder block? Seriously? That's the best he could come up with? It was always some horribly powder-puff-not-quite-a-clothesline garbage that made me believe the other guy was out cold about as much as gifts under the tree made me believe in Santa. I know he's about as technically sound as a one-legged rabbit, but how hard would it have been for him to work out a powerslam? A brainbuster? Even a bodyslam would've caused more excitement....

The STFU doesn't hurt, that is comical, have somebody lock it in on you and really pull hard, you will see how much it hurts.....

In regards to the best finisher ever, I have two, Sweet Chin Music and the RKO. Now my reason for this is simple, its not because they are the most painful moves in the world, they are not, but they are great because they can come out of nowhere. Mid match, suddenly bam, there is a Sweet Chin Music, or bam, there is a RKO, they come out of nowhere, you dont see it coming and the match is over, which is what makes them great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back