Who is the worst champion in WWE's History

The Worst Has got to be John Cena He ONLY Knows 4 Moves Spin out of powerbomb, shoulder block, 5 Knuckle Shuffle, F-U He Sucks!! And Hornswoggle winning the CW title I think that was just a joke to the CW wrestlers And Chavo Winning the ECW Champion it wasnt the best or worst I mean its about time He gets a push Look at him now he is in Main event Staus

The Worst Has got to be John Cena He ONLY Knows 4 Moves Spin out of powerbomb, shoulder block, 5 Knuckle Shuffle, F-U He Sucks!! And Hornswoggle winning the CW title I think that was just a joke to the CW wrestlers And Chavo Winning the ECW Champion it wasnt the best or worst I mean its about time He gets a push Look at him now he is in Main event Staus

More John Cena hate. He is one of the best champions in the past decade. I mean my god. He had a year long title reign. Why you ask??? Because he can draw, he is wildely popular with the kiddies and women, and contrary to popular belief....he CAN wrestle. He may not know a ton of moves, but the moves he does know uses them well, gets them insanely over, and makes the match entertaining. John Cena has been one of the best champions ever. To say anything else is ludicrous.

As I hate Cena more then the normal guy, he's a good champion and I'm not going to trash him. However I'm going to say that the worst champion is, Rey Mysterio Jr. He is a great wrestler, but world champion, I don't think so, && only reason he got the belt was of eddie's death, pretty bad way to become champion.

The worst champion if you are referring to an overall champion is Honrsowggle for the pure sake that he did not even defend the belt. Then they retired the Cruiserweight Championship. I got a list of worst champions of each title so get ready.

Worst WWE Champ: JBL-yeah he is big now but at the time, it was a horrible decision. Come on, there was almost no buildup. He was a midcarder being given a title shot. There were plenty of others that I would have picked to go iver face Eddie Guerrero. There was Booker-t, who was already proven to be a good main event heel. There was Undertaker who was face at the time but in a tweener feud with Dudleys. Then, they could have waited till Summerslam to have Angle take the title. That would have made much more sense than what they actually did.

Worst World Champ: Rey Mysterio-the only reason Mysterio won the title was because he capitalized off of Eddie Guerrero's death. It was quite sad and he lost almost every non title match afterwards until Booker finally beat his ass at Great American Bash. Rey I hope never ever becomes champ again.

Worst Intercontinental Champ: Santino-he is awesome now but when he won the title, he barely won anything afterwards and kept getting squashed by Umanga. Santino better have a better title reign next time if he ever gets one.

Worst US Title reign: Big Show-the fat ass almost never defended his title until John Cena challeneged him at Mania. In fact, he went 4 straight Pay-perviews without defending it and only defended against jobbers.

Worst Hardcore Title Reign: Gerry Brisco-held the title for all of 3 seconds. Molly Holly alos held the title for about 3 seconds as well. This was when the belt was 24 hours a day.

Worst European Reign: Mark Henry, he sucked back then and he sucks now. He did not have that popular of a reign and I believe that is why his career never took off. Tie-Shane McMahon for being well...Shane McMahon.

Worst Women's Champ: Stephanie McMahon-if you guys thought Candice was bad, I hope you remember when Steph was champ. She defended her title a total of 2 times both against Lita and would not have lost the title if not for the Rock.

Hmmm I wouldnt say Hornswoggle was too bad, he was only there to kill the title itself and it definately worked. He did bring a good crowd reaction though and I remember laughing like a clown when he won the title.

Good call on Khali, he has the physical attributes to be a great champion, but the fact he only won the title due to an injury and couldn't even do Mic work or sell anything or move...well the list is endless. I think Mark Henry is a similar level to Khali, but at least he can do mic work, even if the quality is woeful.

You guys are forgetting Mr. McMahon as champion. He is the second worst wrestler of all time next to Khali. Mr. McMahon won a Royal Rumble, won the WWE Title, and the ECW Title, obviously the only reason he had those was because he is the owner and can do whatever he wants (EGO).

My pick for worst champ is Vince McMahon, mainly because he'd done it more than once! The WWF Title win was interesting, major heat. What I hate is that he won the Royal Rumble (1999?) and not so long ago was ECW Champ. His reign was terrible, regardless of how it helped the storyline run. I truly think Vince's reignS are much worse than Hornswoggle's. Plus IMO Vince can't even wrestle. Come to think of it, I would've liked to see Shane as IC Champ back in the day hahaha.

I'd have to say Khali. I consider Hornswoggle as more of a comedy act, not a wrestler. McMahon is the owner, and I don't think he really wrestles. Most matches I remember were No DQ rules ones where he just got stomped. Obviously, he has a few wins and had a few titles, but I consider him the boss, not a wrestler.

Khali is a *cough* wrestler *cough* that has played roster hopscotch and can, if he could talk, claim to be a former World Heavyweight Champion. The only time I didn't change the channel when Khali was on screen was during Million Dollar Mania, of all things! One of the most boring segments in ages, but Khali was kinda amusing when he screamed at (and most likely spit all over) the phone. One "promo" isn't worth putting up with such a horrible wrestler.

Mark Henry as ECW Champion is blashpemy. I know the title isn't equal to the WHC or WWE Championship, but who cares? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, it's Mark Henry. The guy has been in the business off and on for over a decade, and he still has zero wrestling ability. He "much like Khali" epitomizes bad wrestling. Mark Henry should never be the champion of ANYTHING...

I HATE SEMEN SPUNK.
whats your releasionship with your dad got to do with this thread?

its got to be the great khali, he only got the title because of an injury, and the fact he's 7ft some odd, he's just so clumsy im surprised he hasnt ended someones career.

It's go to be Khali. No one can debate that. He drew NOTHING. In real life, he would completely destroy everyone.. But, in wrestling, he just bores everyone to death.

The Great Khali entertains me more than C.M. Punk. FACT!

Why? Because Khali might not have any wrestling skills, but the guy is 7'4(ish) and a Super Heavyweight. How many of those do you see wandering around? (Sure, Big Show, meh)

The fact is the Great Khali isn't the type of Champion that was suppose to entertain you with high-flying, shock and awe type moves. He's the type of guy that was meant to club you in the head with a meat hoof, and squash your brains like a grape. He's highly entertaining if you know what to look for.

Meanwhile, what does Punk do that entertains anyone? What? He doesn't do any type of drinking.. so he can't be viewed as a classic drunk like Steve Austin, the Sandman, or the A.P.A. He doesn't smoke.. so he isn't as popular as the Big Show was during that period in time in W.C.W., and he isn't as famous as the Sandman was in E.C.W. He doesn't do drugs.. so he won't get nearly as high as R.V.D., Sabu, or any other random number of Superstars.

Am I suppose to be entertained with the G.T.S.? Let me clue you in on something. Punk discovered that name, because he was asking what is the most often thing people do during his matches. There you go, little bit of opinionated information I just dropped on ya.

Final fact of the day, regarding this. The Great Khali is world class famous in India. C.M. Punk is indy sized famous. India is by leaps and bounds bigger than the Indies.. ie. Khali is better than Punk. There you have it.

Just because Khali is different doesn't make him entertaining. Khali may be huge in India but that doesn't change the fact that no one wants to see him wrestle in North America, which is where a large number of WWE's audience is. I don't see the point of having Khali when the Big Show does everything he does plus more. If you want a non-English speaking monster, Umaga is a million times better than Khali.

I agree, Punk is bland right now but he can be much better if WWE let him. I'm not an ROH fan or anything but I have seen heel Punk there, he would make one damn good heel. The straight edge thing hasn't been done in WWE before. If creative let him utilize it, he could definitely be a main event player.

For me it has to be Khali; watching him in the ring is like watching paint dry on the wall. People complain about Cena not doing alot moves but Khali is 10 times worse than he has the boot, chop and his finisher and thats it; I like him at first but I knew there was no reason for him to have a belt around his waist; I stop watching from from 02- to mid 06 so I didn't see the JBL fiasco so I won't comment on that.

I'd have to say that the worst champion in WWE's history would have to be CM Punk. I kinda liked the guy prior to WWE putting the World Title on him, but come on, I think instead of helping his career, The World Title push has hurt it.

First of all, Look at the way he won it. He won it the same way Edge did. He took advantage of an already hurt opponent. How does that make him a credible champion. How does that make me say, he deserves the belt. Maybe if he would have had a hard fought match and picked up a clean victory, we could say he deserved it. But going the "Edge Route" killed CM Punk in my opinion. It worked for Edge because Edge is a heel and we'd expect something like that from him....NOT CM PUNK.

And his title reign is just a joke. i don't think its his time to be World Champion....there are others who deserve his push but haven't gotten it yet.....namely Carlito or Mr.Kennedy.

Lastly, I'd like to add that Hornswoggle was the second worst as the Cruiserweight champion. The little Bast**d killed off the Cruiserweight division.

What makes CM Punk a noncredible champion is the fact that he has ONE credible title match against JBL thats the only one where he got a clean pin on his oppoenent though it was froma distraction. What would help Punk is to say he is tired of being bullied arround turn heel and start gedting credible wins but untill then im sceptical of his title reign

Worst champion Michelle McCool. I love the girl but the fact remains that her title is fake and it dosent mean anything. What makes a bad champ the fact that no one cares.

Will I dont know if you were sarcastic or not, if you were I apologize I just wanna make a correction, but the real place where the name of the GTS came from was KENTA. KENTA a.k.a Kenta Kobayashi from Pro Wresting NOAH invented the move and named it. CM Punk copied it from him

You are talking about WWE history, which goes back further than just last year. Khali was bad as champ, but it only ran a little over a month..not really long enough to do any damage. Hornswaggle as cruiser champ was just to kill the title, but even he was nothing worse than the Hardcore title mess a few years back. I beleive such wrestling stalwarts such as Pat Patterson in drag, Gerald Brisco in drag, Coachman, and one of the Godfathers Ho's (Tomcat or Bobcat I beleive) once held that prestigous belt.

Santino was a bad choice for IC, but so was the Godfather,Billy Gunn, Rocky Maivia in early 97, Goldust in early 99.

As far as the worst world champion in a matter of losing money, it has to be hands down Kevin Nash. 2 or 3 months would not have been that bad. Like when Sid had the title. A month here or there is no big deal. But thanks to Kliq politics and whatever the hell McMahon was smoking in 95, Big Daddy Kool had a WHOLE FREAKING YEAR!

Why do you think Nitro was such a success when it was launched? Hulkamania was so watered down and played out by then, but it still outdrew Nash. How about that all time classic Diesel vs Mabel Summerslam Main Event?

Khali is much worse than Nash was, but it was only a short time. Nash's year was a whole lot worse than Khali's month. Plus WWE is split branded now so it;s not like Khali was carrying the company banner by himself.

Worst champion ever--Diesel.

The Earl, I'd like to add my two cents to your comment. I totally agree that The Godfather and Rocky Maivia made terrible IC Champions. Santino Marella is one of my favorite characters in WWE right now, but him as the IC Champion...........as a face......was horrible..........but put the title on him now and he'll be the second coming of The Rock.............he's as funny as The Rock..........or pretty darn close to it.

But I'd have to disagree on the Billy Gunn addition. Billy Gunn is a great competitor. A great wrestler filLed with tons of personality and charisma......he made a suitable Intercontinental champion. his partner Road Dogg on the other hang.......nahhhhhhh.

And lastly Kevin Nash, was a great champion. You claim he didn't draw or bring in money? You must have not been paying attention to the pretty ladies who were enamored with him and plenty of male fans who all purchased his black gloves and his T-Shirts........he wasn't as big as Hulkamania, true........but WCW was beating out WWE during that time frame because quite frankly.......WCW was and always will be The BEST!!!!!!!!

It depends what you mean by "worst" champion. If we go by ratings and buyrates, then Rey Mysterio and Eddie would be high on the list (as much as i love those guys, there reigns were flops). By actual workrate, Kahli would probably take it out.

Gunn should have gotten the IC reign in early 99 instead of James. The program was between him and Shamrock and Gunn was over with the fans. If he would have gotten the title then. I would have had no problem with it. However, He came back in late 2000 with a New Gimmick "The One Billy Gunn". His singles push was a good year and a half behind him by then. Nobody cared. That's why it bombed, and that's why Benoit beat him in less than 90 seconds.

And as far as Nash was concerned, WCW was crap for most of 1995. Hogan held the title for most of that year, and they didnt draw crap with Hulkamania. As bad as it was, Nash was even worse. Look at the facts. 1995 and 1996 were the worst two year run for the WWF. The product got better in 96, but that was after the year long Nash debaucle almost killed the company.

Quick Trivia question. What was the only year that a WWE champion has NOT headlined Wrestlemania? And who was that champion?

When I first went to respond to this I thought it would be easy to find a handful of terrible world champions, but it really is not. I looked through the list of WWE/WWF Champions and really could not find one that was terrible, even if I did disagree with the timing of a few.
I REALLY hate Bob Backlund defeating Bret Hart for the World Title in November of 1994 ... and don't really like Yokozuna's reigns, but none of them were all that bad in hindsight.
As far as the WWE's version of the World Heavyweight Championship, I really have no problems with any of the title holders (not even Khali or Rey Rey). So, I am forced to look a second tier titles and come up with the worst champion in WWE History.
There are some terrible INC Champions (The Mountie, Marc Mero and Road Dogg to name a few) but I would have to say the worst one is also the worst champion in WWE history.
Albert ... IC Champion from June 26, 2001 to July 23, 2001. He defeated frickin KANE for the title. This guy clearly should have never touched ANY gold in the WWE, much less a second tier title with as much history as this one.

Kid Kash's Cruiserweight Championship reign. There are only a couple of guys out there who can work an entertaining match with this guy, and none of them will likely ever appear in WWE. He just did nothing to me, as a performer. Just a generic guy who could do some high-flying. I was pissed when he won it and every episode of SmackDown, I'd hope his reign would come to an end. Kid Kash is a very mediocre performer who should have never made it in WWE or any other big promotion. Bad move there.

Midgensa....The Mountie? For Real???? You've got to be kidding me. Jacques Rougeau is one of the greatest French Canadian wrestlers of all time. His brother Raymond as well. Granted "The Mountie" gimmick was a peice of crap, but I think Jacques deserved the intercontinental title. I think and I hope you meant to say his gimmick wasn't suited for the belt....but Jacques certainly was!!!!.............WE'RE ALL AMERICAN BOYS.....lol!!!!

Midgensa....The Mountie? For Real???? You've got to be kidding me. Jacques Rougeau is one of the greatest French Canadian wrestlers of all time. His brother Raymond as well. Granted "The Mountie" gimmick was a peice of crap, but I think Jacques deserved the intercontinental title. I think and I hope you meant to say his gimmick wasn't suited for the belt....but Jacques certainly was!!!!.............WE'RE ALL AMERICAN BOYS.....lol!!!!

I am a pretty big fan of Jacques, but no ... The Mountie should have NEVER held a belt. I just think his gimmick was a joke (and yes I did watch way back then) and that noone really took him seriously. I have a problem with the IC title ever going on someone who is not taken seriously, it hurts the credibility this belt should carry.

KANE!!!!!

don't get me wrong Kane is proberbly my favourite wrestler, but I hate it whenever Kane goes to the ring the commentator always says he is a former wwe champ...He held the title for less than 24hours!!!and never even defended it

Kane is the most under-utilizied character in wwe and I don't understand why????:headscratch::headscratch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back