Who is the worst champion in WWE's History

FOTH 3:16

Occasional Pre-Show
In my opinion the worst champion in history is Hornsoggle.First off,he doesn't even talk.Second of all,he has less ring skills than a bag of potato chips.How can you give the title to someone who can't wrestle worth a lick.And third of all,he is a midget.I don't mean that to be offensive but how does it look to have a midget as a champion.So in my own opinion Hornswoggle is the worst champion in WWE's history.What do you guys think?

When I first read the title of this thread, I assumed that you meant heavyweight champion. If you're including any title, then it's pretty broad. I also am not sure if by "worst" you mean because you didn't like them as champion, or they had no business being given a title. Because there are quite a few folks who really had no business having a title, but it sort of worked for temporary storyline purposes...such as vince mcmahon being the heavyweight champion.

It would probably be easiest to think of women's or tag team, as there were quite a few stinkers in there. Women's has had candice michelle, stephanie mcmahon, "the kat", debra, and sable, who weren't really qualified to have title runs. For tag teams, ones that come quickest to mind are the spirit squad, but that sort of worked for storyline purposes since they were vince's boys at the time...but you never really saw many of them (outside of Kenny) wrestle with any sort of regularity. And there's a couple that just didn't really seem to fit well (suzuki and renee dupree together? and right to censor?)

If you're asking who has been given a title simply because they were being pushed and not because of any superior skill at the time, well then there's quite a few who meet those criteria.

This is an obious choice. Its The Great Khali. I mean sure their is Hornswoggle but he was an entertaining champion then Khali was. Plus if you think about it The CW division was going down the tubs anyway. The World Title is one of the most prestigus titles in sports entertainment and that guy held the title.

Hornswoggle's definitely a contender, but only because they didn't have him lose the title the night afterwards. They could've had him get that quick win over Jamie Noble, then have Noble challenge him on Smackdown and beat the shit out of him, winning the title. For a while, they were going with this whole "Shannon Moore and Hornswoggle play tricks on Noble" story, which they could've continued doing, except having Moore vs Noble for the Cruiserweight title in the process. That would've had a quick comedy thing that was overturned almost immediately and then boosted the careers of two legitimate wrestlers.

Khali is another one. His entire title reign was a stall. Yeah, it was a quick reaction made via injury, but really, it was the same thing we've seen 100 times (and several times since then). Someone is champion, claiming nobody can beat them. Batista comes out, smiles, cuts the exact same promo, challenges the person, steamrolls through jobbers, and then wrestles through at least 3 ppvs before winning the title or being thrown in a "last chance" match that he loses. Repeat again in 1 month.

Then there's Santino Marella's Intercontinental run. Let's face it, as entertaining as the guy is now, he was beyond horrible back then. No good moves (well, he still doesn't have any lol), a boring face, never put in a good feud, never even won any real matches without a roll-up or interference...he was TERRIBLE as IC champ.

Chavo Guerrero as ECW champion. Horrible choice. Might not be the worst champ in WWE history, but he's definitely one of the worst out of the most recent years. Shouldn't have even been a legitimate challenger for the title, let alone winner. I'd have rather had Hawkins or Ryder win it than him, and that's not saying much until they prove they could be a solid tag team first lol.

If we are only counting a World Heavyweight level title, and WCW doesn't count (so no David Arquette) its easily when Vince McMahon held the belt for 6 days in 1999. If everything is included that was WWE, and not just the big belts, I would have to pick Harvey "Hervina" Whippleman as the Womens champion.

Well, thing is Hornswoggle's CW title reign was really for the sole purpose of getting RID of the title. So really, thats all it was for therefore it accomplished its goal. Now Khali, i dont know what they were thinking at the slightest... But i mean, he was the biggest, most dominant guy... but still boring as a stick. Then again, feuding with the likes of Batista, im sure that didnt help the guy either (dont know which one to feel sorry for in that feud).

Lets not even get started on the Tag champs, Way too much bullshit, stupid random people thrown together to make a *team* or *team champs* and all that.

Having VINCE as ECW champ was.... awful. even worse then Chavo, which was pretty horrible itself.

Thats all for now!

Without a doubt John Cena wins this one hands down. I don't care how entertaining he was or how much Vince backed him, the worst decision they mad was taking away his rapper gimmick to make him more kid friendly. From then on, Cena never deserved the title because of his lame wannabe promos and let's not even get started on his worse than horrible wrestling ability.

Another top contender is Rey Mysterio. Need I remind u he was beaten by three different superstars in consecutive weeks: Khali, Mark Henry and Kane. Chavo had to save him from losing the title to Mark Henry or some convenient interruption prevented Kurt from winning it back each time. Rey is cool but never deserved a World Title run. If he comes back an ECW title reign wouldn't be so bad but not the top two championships.

Hornswoggle for sure is singlehandedly responsible for killing an already struggline cruiserweight division and now he is the reason Finlay is light years form gaining another World Title opportunity.

I almost forgot Matt Hardy, the reason the US Title's prestige is now dead. Benoit and especially MVP brought that title's prestige back from the gutter that Orlando Jordan buried it to contend with the IC title, but no Vince had to give it to crappy Matt Hardy just to sell his stupid dvd with Jeff. Mind u, Jeff is super talented and I believe he will be a great World Champion someday, but Matt, whatever talent he had went when he decided he wanted to get more muscle and now he's fat. I hope he loses it at Night of Champions. He is the most overrated piece of garbage on the WWE roster.

Other easy contenders include Khali, Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly and Santino Marella but for sure Cena wins this award hands down. CENA SUX.

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone mentioned John Cena. The same John Cena, that was getting crap for RAW drawing 3.5's with him as WWE Champion. The same RAW, that was drawing 3's with Cena in the background and HHH up front. Now, Cena has been brought back to the main event, because he is the only one capable of boosting the ratings back to what they were when he was on top.

I love how you called John Cena entertaining but said he is a crap wrestler, thats the best statement I have read anywhere. He is definately not the worst champion ever, in fact, he's probably the best champion in the last five years.

As for the worst, its too hard to tell. The attitude era has its fair share of bombs, but that era was more about the edgy stories than the championships. More people cared about Austin vs Vince than they did about the WWF Title, so its hard to call those champs bad. Rey Mysterio gets a lot of crap because his reign was pretty bad, but at the time, people couldn't wait to see him win the World Title.

Slim Pickns, your comments on Cena can't be taken seriously either because you're obviously a Cena mark. However, I do agree that Cena isn't the worst Champion ever. For the 14 years I've been watching WWE, Cena is probably the Champion I could least tolerate, but he's not the worst overall Champion. It's hard to pick one because you have Rey Mysterio, Khali and Kevin Nash and a few others to pick from. All of them were horrible Champions. I would have to say Khali is the worst Champion ever, based on the fact that he has zero wrestling ability, he doesn't talk, and he didn't draw.

How can u justify saying John Cena, Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio were the worst champions in history when we have just seen The Great Khalis title run. Just to point out a flaw with that arguement. They can speak English. I dont even think Khali can speak indian. I just saw Khali live and man that guy is terrible. He comes out gets hit once or twice, roars (I think but he could be saying anything) and then hits them over the head. I know he's supposed to be unstoppable because of his size. Maybe a 10 year old thinks 'HOLY CRAP' but any one over that age just think 'This is crap'.

The Great Khali was champion? Did i blink or was i asleep? To say he is the worse, i don't know. He has so few moves and obviously did not even have a full run as champ. Rey while i like his high flying moves, how could he actually wrestle against the heavyweights, especially when one of them is the Big Show? It was like the 1-2-3 Kid vs. Yokozuna. SQUASH.

The Great Khali and Horsnwoggle. I'm completely baffled as to why these two ever even came close to tasting championship gold nevermind winning some.

So many great talents in the wrestling industry are working their asses off just to have a televised match, but somehow Khali and Hornswoggle are allowed to win championships, it's really sad and pathetic if you ask me.

Slim Pickns, your comments on Cena can't be taken seriously either because you're obviously a Cena mark.

Hahahaha, Slim's gonna own your ass. But I got here first so....

Why should we listen to what you said, I mean your obviosuly a noob mark.

However, I do agree that Cena isn't the worst Champion ever.

Even though I agree with you, I totally disagree with the way you put that. Cena is a fantastic champion, he drew the ratings like Da Vinci made paintings. Fantastically.

For the 14 years I've been watching WWE, Cena is probably the Champion I could least tolerate, but he's not the worst overall Champion.

You, he is your least favourite..... but he isn't your worst. Right.

It's hard to pick one because you have Rey Mysterio,

What is wrong with the littlest underdog being a champion for once.

He brought in a fan base from India, Khali is huge (pun intended) in India if you didnt' know.

and Kevin Nash and a few others to pick from.

Meh.

All of them were horrible Champions.

Wrong. They weren't fantastic, but they were good.

I would have to say Khali is the worst Champion ever, based on the fact that he has zero wrestling ability, he doesn't talk, and he didn't draw.

I would have to say your wrong, based on the fact your a noob, and your opinion doesn't draw attention. Khali is a monster, he uses monster like moves. He is Indian, he isn't ment to have to talk English. He drew a big India fan base actually.

Now for my opinion. I am gonna have to go with Hornswaggle, as much as it was entertainingly random for him to him the belt. He kinda killed the cruiserweight division. Other contenders are Chavo, as much as he is decent I don't think he should have been ECW champion.

I would like to gripe back at you because you called me a noob, but I don't have the patience to think of a clever insult to throw back at you. I am definitely not a noob. Everybody with a brain in their head knows Kevin Nash didn't draw shit in 95 as WWE Champion. Khali drew absolutely NOTHING in America which is where WWE garners the majority of it's ratings and revenue. Rey Mysterio's reign was probably worse than both Benoit's and Eddie Guererro's. Neither of them drew much of anything despite Eddie being a great wrestler and talker. On John Cena, I said he was my least favorite Champion. Hogan would've been , but I didn't start watching wrestling until 94 so thankfully I missed that garbage. I also said Cena wasn't the worst Champion in terms of business, because he wasn't. I know that people can cheer for Cena if they want, but I don't have to like Cena and I don't. I also can't understand why anyone would like Cena. He's billed as "the best" that Raw and the WWE has to offer. I mean come on. A guy that Brock Lesnar, a legit badass, destroyed in like a minute, the best in the WWE? Not buying it. And that's my right as a fan. I don't have to like something just because Vince wants everybody too. Well actually he probably realizes that only teen girls and little kids will like him. Oddly enough Raw's rating went from TV 14 to PG. I wonder why? Well like I said, Khali in my opinion is the worst Champion ever.

I'm gonna go with Diesel. He achieved almost nothing excpet for a year long title reign. Then he was made to look like a fool by Shawn Michaels. He didnt draw worth a shit. Which is a shame because the guy is charasmatic as all get out. Nothing seemed to work for him in his title reign.

For the people that say Hornswoggle, I tend to disagree. How could he be a bad champion to a title that was non existent anyways. Its almost being like the bowl winners for the XFL.

Mcmahon's reign as ECW champ wasnt bad either. He was getting so much heat for it, it was almost ungodly. Alot of people hated him so much for it that they wanted to see Lashley get it back. Isn't that the point in the first place?

Any champ? As Davi323 said, Harvey Whippleman as the Women's champ. Wtf were they smoking there?
World Title? Vinnie Mac as the ECW champ, not the WWE champ. With the WWE title, at least he abdicated it straight away, and only won due to Austin's interference. However we had to watch a bald Vince walk around with the ECW title that he'd figeratively been pissing all over for the past year or so anyway, thanks to a 3-on-1 screw job that he did nothing for.

I actually got out of my seat and expressed my absolute disgust verbally in front of everyone in the room, and most of them didn't understand why i was so angry.

A title that was the richest prize of a roster that gave you balls to the wall wrestling with none of the extra layers of fabricated bullshit that Vince and Eric piled upon the pre-existing fabricated bullshit that is professional wrestling, in a promotion where most people had two jobs, worked day and night and made fuck all money, was now being worn by the one man of the big three who never even had to try to become a millionaire and didn't give two shits about who he bought and sold to stay that way.

In laymans terms the ECW title that was respected by fans who enjoyed real wrestling as well as violence was being held by a business man who never understood why his approach wud b the death of pro wrestling in the mainstream i.e. merging all territories into his and then making his product so bad that no one wud watch it. Thankfully ROH and TNA have prevented those events except for Vince's product driving it's viewers away.

That's why Vince as ECW champ is the worst champ reign ever IMO.

Vince has been the best ECW champ since that title came back. That guy made Bobby Lashley into more of a main event player than a Survivor Series main event, and huge Mania match ever did. Vince is the sole reason that anybody gave a shit when Lashley left WWE. I don't see how you can say he wasn't a great champion. He had amazing heat. Fans despised him. They couldn't wait for the bland Lashley to defeat him for the title.

HHH because he has been a consistantly bad champion for 10 years. He has had the title 11 times and none of his reigns are particularly memorable for been anything other than boring. He has the unique ability to suck anything entertaining from the entire wrestling world when he becomes champion, and while other one off champions were worse collectivly HHH is the worse champion ever.

Vince has been the best ECW champ since that title came back. That guy made Bobby Lashley into more of a main event player than a Survivor Series main event, and huge Mania match ever did. Vince is the sole reason that anybody gave a shit when Lashley left WWE. I don't see how you can say he wasn't a great champion. He had amazing heat. Fans despised him. They couldn't wait for the bland Lashley to defeat him for the title.

Yeah, but my response was nothing to do with how it made everyone love Lashley and hate Vince's character more, it was to do with Vince the business man moving from disrespecting ECW to using the title as toilet paper.
Being hated doesn't make you a great champion dude, nor does challenging a champ that no one likes. Being a good wrestler regardless of whether you're face or heel makes you a great champion. In fact, being the champion doesn't make you a good wrestler and that comes from the mouth of Shawn Michaels, one of the best wrestlers of this generation.
JBL took his beatings, gave great heel promos and was a great champion for those reasons. Not because we all wanted to see him lose.
Orton took even worse beatings, gave even better promos, and had some great matches and that's why people loved him as the champ.
Vince McMahon pinning someone in a match, doing nothing for 2 months and then losing is only slightly better than Hornswoggle pinning someone, doing nothing for 2 months and then vacating the title, so i disagree.
The best ECW champ since it came back was the Big Show, for regularly defending the title nearly every week, and was contested under Extreme rules almost every time, which makes his reign 1000x better than all the ECW champs after him put together.

Yeah, but my response was nothing to do with how it made everyone love Lashley and hate Vince's character more, it was to do with Vince the business man moving from disrespecting ECW to using the title as toilet paper.
Being hated doesn't make you a great champion dude, nor does challenging a champ that no one likes. Being a good wrestler regardless of whether you're face or heel makes you a great champion. In fact, being the champion doesn't make you a good wrestler and that comes from the mouth of Shawn Michaels, one of the best wrestlers of this generation.
JBL took his beatings, gave great heel promos and was a great champion for those reasons. Not because we all wanted to see him lose.
Orton took even worse beatings, gave even better promos, and had some great matches and that's why people loved him as the champ.
Vince McMahon pinning someone in a match, doing nothing for 2 months and then losing is only slightly better than Hornswoggle pinning someone, doing nothing for 2 months and then vacating the title, so i disagree.

The most ******ed post I've read all day. And I've just spent the last hour in the prison. Are you honestly saying that how well you wrestle makes you a great champion? That isn't even remotely important. You say that JBL is a great champion. But you state that he was cutting great heel promos. Those promos were the only thing that got him over as champion. It wasn't his average matches that got the fans behind him. Even Taker & Angle struggled to get reactions in matches against him.

Being hated is the whole point of being a heel. At the time Vince McMahon was the most hated heel in the company. He's been the most hated heel in the company for a good decade now. Vince is the greatest talker in the whole of WWE. Forget Edge, Orton, HHH, Cena, JBL and others. It's Vince who's the premier heel in the company. He is to Austin what Piper was to Hogan.

But we're not discussing what makes a great heel we're talking about who's a shit champ, and in my opinion Vince McMahon was the worst when he was ECW champ.

If you don't agree, i couldn't give a fuck and having a go at me for my personal views because you disagree makes you a ****, plain and simple. The only thing you'll see that's ******ed today is yourself when you look in the mirror.

But we're not discussing what makes a great heel we're talking about who's a shit champ, and in my opinion Vince McMahon was the worst when he was ECW champ.

If you don't agree, i couldn't give a fuck and having a go at me for my personal views because you disagree makes you a ****, plain and simple. The only thing you'll see that's ******ed today is yourself when you look in the mirror.

It's the purpose of the forum. Somebody talks about something, you reply and give your opinion. Which is what I did. Fine if you think that Vince was a poor champion. I don't think he was. I explained that Vince recieved more heat as champion than most. You told me that it was wrestling ability that makes you a great champion. Which just isn't the case. You then rant. I don't mind. Enjoy yourself.

An example of a poor champion could possibly be a WCW champion from the final few months. Forgettable, unimportant, pointless reigns, little reactions to title changes, drew no money. Stuff like that.

Am i the only one thinking of this but King Booker, being champion as face booker T he would have probably got some sort of good reaction or being heel booker T, as champion No one gave a damn about the gimmick or the wrestler, no-one cared they just wanted him to loose the title. I can't even remember much at all about his title reign apart from the fact i hated every single second of it.

Am i the only one thinking of this but King Booker, being champion as face booker T he would have probably got some sort of good reaction or being heel booker T, as champion No one gave a damn about the gimmick or the wrestler, no-one cared they just wanted him to loose the title. I can't even remember much at all about his title reign apart from the fact i hated every single second of it.

The King character made Booker fresh again. He's been plain T for years, and was boring the hell out of everybody. He relished the oppertunity to do something new, and he really went for it with the role. If you didn't like him it was because he was doing his job. His reign was poor. But that's because he'd just taken it off one of the least credible champs of all time. And everyone knew he was only holding it for Batista.

Slim Pickns, your comments on Cena can't be taken seriously either because you're obviously a Cena mark.

If I'm going to take that as a fair point then you cannot debate anything Kennedy on here seeing as your tag line is Kennedy Mark.

The reason John Cena isn't the worst champion is rather simple, he draws ratings all over. Internet forums are the only place in the world you can go and have Cena fans be the minority. Ask NorCal, he can tell you how many people were into Cena when he was at Backlash. The Cena fans are all the sudden showing up here, but most of them will turn when he wins the WWE Title back eventually. For some reason, everyone has a hard time giving the guy credit (jealousy?).

As for your Brock Lesnar comment, I posted the match which was well over a minute. I'm not sure where you got that comment from, that match was even. Cena seemed like a legit threat right until Brock pulled the F5 out of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back