Who is the worst champion in WWE's History

KANE!!!!!

don't get me wrong Kane is proberbly my favourite wrestler, but I hate it whenever Kane goes to the ring the commentator always says he is a former wwe champ...He held the title for less than 24hours!!!and never even defended it

Kane is the most under-utilizied character in wwe and I don't understand why????:headscratch::headscratch:

It's because Glen Jacobs (Kane) is known for being willing to put others over instead of himself. He has a great backstage attitude.

But yeah, I agree. He is only a WWE champion on paper.

I'm going to add CM Punk on my list of worst reigns ever. I think this guy is loaded with talent and potential but WWE is doing a horrible job with his reign. The way he won the belt certainly doesn't help him establish himself as a credible champion. It only worked for Edge because his entire gimmick is based around opportunity.

Next, he barely has any clean title defenses. Aside from JBL, his other clean wins have been over Snitsky and Regal, and neither of them are main eventers. Snitsky is nothing more than a glorified jobber and Regal lost all momentum after just returning from a 60 day suspension. On top of all that, Punk has only main evented once since winning the belt.

CM Punk is exactly what JBL says he is: a transitional champion. He is just keeping the belt warm for whomever WWE decides to push next.

Once again, I could so easily just jump into C.M. Punk and without even having to go into detail people would just understand instantly. However, in Punk's actual defense (I know right, from me of all people) he's being made to look weak, intentionally I believe. Why, I don't know. But something tells me he'll start winning sooner or later then right when people start believing he could be Champion.. drop it.

Anyways.. Worst Champion.. of.. all.. time...

Psycho Sid: Easily hands down. I'm not even sure if I'm mentioned him yet in this thread or not, but I just ran through the list and he's a former two time Champion from 1996-1997 and he's only held the title collectively about two and a half monthes. What's worse is he was everything a transitional champion is meant to look like.

His first reign, he defeated Shawn Michaels via using a camera and setting up H.B.K. getting the Championship back in San Antonio, with a "cold". What odds. In between that, he defended against Bret Hart and only won because H.B.K. got involved. Making it look like he wasn't a worthy Champion.

When he lost the title, then Shawn "lost his smile" and released the belt without being pinned.. Bret Hart won a Fatal 4 Way match on p.p.v., then "lost" to Sid on the Raw after that p.p.v.. because of Steve Austin's blatant interference, setting up Sid's second reign.. only for him to drop the Championship to the Undertaker and within a month leave the company for a bit, only to return for another very short amount of time, wrestle a couple non-important matches, then head to W.C.W. where he had another failed run as World Heavyweight Champion.

Overall, Sid Vicious, or Psycho Sid, whatever you wish to call the man.. is simply not Heavyweight Championship material.

While he may not be the worst champion in history, I did not like the reign that Rey Mysterio had at all. I still think it was a mistake to give him the belt and that he only got it because of Eddie's death. He wasn't a believable champion in my eyes. There may have been worse champions in history, but Mysterio's reign was not one that I liked at all, sorry to the people who did though. No disrespect to the guy, but I don't think he is main event material, he has skills for sure, but the mid-card scene is more him.

I have to say this triple h title reign right now. He doesnt truly deserve it, his in ring skills are not so good either is his moveset, he has exhausted every feud what there can be. He just doesnt lose anymore which is boring while. As carlito said everybody else is busting there ass. Pretty dire image with the title and he is barely at any shows due to the pregnancy. The feud with edge he was on smackdown for two weeks in what edge carried that feud. Its hard to look past bince mcmahon being is father law as the only reason he was given the title. So i think this current title reign for triple h is boring and could be perhaps the worst title reign ever

Hmmm...The Great Khali hands down no1 can argue this, he cant wrestle if his life depended on it i mean i rather watch Mae Young wrestle the Brooklyn Brawler than watch the Great Khali wrestle he cant even move his title reign was crap i mean he actually won the title in a over the top battle royal... who woulda thunk it i dont think anyone could name a half decent singles match with TGK in it let alone have em as the champ in main event matches...

Well, a few come to mind.

1. Cena last year. I mean every time he came to the ring, whether it was to cut a promo or have a match, it was all totally predictable. True story: back around last July there was a triple threat match on Raw between Cena Umaga and Khali with the title on the line. I predicted Cena would shoulder block Umaga out of the ring and then do his stupid FU to Khali for the pin. I was wrong.

He clotheslined Umaga out of the ring and pinned Khali after an FU. Wow! What an exci...totally boring match. And his matches with Khali at Judgment Day and One Night Stand have got to be up for the Worst Match in the History of Professional Wrestling Award.

2. Khali. Jesus Christ, all things conspired against us last summer when both Taker and Edge got injured. They put the belt on this pile of crap who just had the crappiest feud ever with Cena like he actually deserved it. His reign absolutely sucked, hell even Botchtista is better.

3. Hornswoggle. If you're gonna end a championship, you could at least have it go out with grace. Why they put the strap on a midget that serves as nothing more than a horrid waste of time is beyond me.

And last, but not least. 4. Batista, Botchtista, Boretista. My god his gimmick was and is so stale it makes me want to bang my head against a goddamn wall. He is terrible on the mic, one of the worst ever. And when he was champion he barely had any matches on Smackdown. All he did was come out in his suit and cut a terrible attempt at a promo.

Interestingly, all four occurred in 2007. Which had to be one of the worst years in the history of wrestling. I believe WWE has taken our complaints to heart and have begun to change things this year, but they've still got a long way to go to earn the credibility they once had.

While he may not be the worst champion in history, I did not like the reign that Rey Mysterio had at all. I still think it was a mistake to give him the belt and that he only got it because of Eddie's death. He wasn't a believable champion in my eyes. There may have been worse champions in history, but Mysterio's reign was not one that I liked at all, sorry to the people who did though. No disrespect to the guy, but I don't think he is main event material, he has skills for sure, but the mid-card scene is more him.

Ok, Damnit I'm Board as hell so I'm just gonna snap and rant. I am sick of hearing people say that the only reason Rey got the belt was because of Eddie's death.
One, On Smackdown after Batista's fued with JBL was over. Teddy Long announced who would be the new number one contender and it sounded like he was gonna say Rey Mysterio, but his network assistant Carson Palmer took the mic and announced that the network had actually decided on Eddie. WWE likes to do this often, plant seeds of predictablity and purposfully put off matches. K, Back in end of 06, taker kept getting constantly screwed out of title matchs, by Kennedy and others, so we all knew they were putting it off till wrestlemania, Same with Lesner and Angle, same with triple H's return, batista triple h, etc. Yes, i agree Eddie's death helped cause it, but this shows WWE was thinking about it and if the crowds responce over the months was there I think they would've gone for it. Why? because he deserved it. That's what WWE does, they give world titles reigns to people who have earned through hardwork and all they've given. They did it for Mankind (3 small one2), Benoit (1 long one), Jericho (1 normal), JBL (1 long one), King Booker (1 normal) and even now Mark Henry. These guys were great performers, but lacked a least one skill, whether it be size, mic skill, great wrestling skill, etc. (Jericho is the exception, he just had a poor title/post title reign). But the got their titles because they deserved them through, hard work, brilliant matches, longitivity and loyalness, getting over with the crowd, puttimg over others, etc. And Mysterio is another example. There are reasons why they haven't gotten another one, and that's because they aren't exactly what WWE wants, (there idiots, they want Cena's, Batista's, son-in-laws and ppl who can push cash, but their getting better). But they proved their worth for WWE to grant them their title reigns and their long deserved moment in the sun. Rey's title reign wasn't good, of course not, he faced much larger ppl we all knew he couldn't beat, but damnit he earned it, *breath out

Okay, so about this thread, yea Khali's was awful, just awful. None of Big Shows reigns were that great either, of course WWE never realy gave him a good run with it. Oh, my pick is Chavo, god beaten in seconds. I think that was quicker than Lance Storm losing the Ic title to Edge at SummerSlam!!

Woah woah...Matt Hardy barely speaks english.

But yeah, any champion that cannot work the crowd is an awful idea. It doesn't matter how powerful or awe inspiring they are. Let's put it this way: Umaga will never be champion.

I honestly didn't like Y2J as a champion; and this is why: he doesn't need one. He needs something to claw after, not achieve. Kind of like RVD. It's not cool to see them win it all, it's more entertaining to see them try. They hand out belts like candy now, so it's hard to pick just one.

Currently, I think my stool makes a more entertaining champion than Mark Henry. If his match with MAtt Hardy is more than two minutes, it's a bad idea. He should squash some peolpe for a few months. Be a "real" champion. Be the giant, unstopable figure they portray him to be. Give it some time, let the suspense build. Make him seem immortal, and then, chop it down. But, they won't, and he's not that good. Any Champion that needs a spokesperson is not worth the title; unless they're the 8th Wonder of the World. Andre The Giant was believable. He could not be beaten, unless he wanted to be, and everyone knew it. They knew that if he wanted to break kayfabe, he could. He didn't have to lose anything. But he did what any super power must do; he lost to the next big thing, and at the right time on the right stage.

In closing, not everyone can be Flair, but The Great Khali is the worst combination to be champion.

I still stick to my argument that John cena is and forever will be the worst World Champion in WWE/F's existence. Many of u may disagree but I'm not bothered. He sucks and that's that.

Santino Marella is IMO the worst champion ever. The Intercontinental title used to be something important, but it might as well mean nothing now. Santino, who is nothing more than a comedic heel, was the worst choice to put the title on. He cannot wrestle at all. About 1 and a half months ago he was jobbing to whoever he faced, including women. Now they put the 3rd most important title in WWE's history.

Also on a side note, C.M Punk is also up there. It is almost the same thing as Santino with the fact that he was jobbing before he won the title.

Ok, Damnit I'm Board as hell so I'm just gonna snap and rant. I am sick of hearing people say that the only reason Rey got the belt was because of Eddie's death.
One, On Smackdown after Batista's fued with JBL was over. Teddy Long announced who would be the new number one contender and it sounded like he was gonna say Rey Mysterio, but his network assistant Carson Palmer took the mic and announced that the network had actually decided on Eddie. WWE likes to do this often, plant seeds of predictablity and purposfully put off matches. K, Back in end of 06, taker kept getting constantly screwed out of title matchs, by Kennedy and others, so we all knew they were putting it off till wrestlemania, Same with Lesner and Angle, same with triple H's return, batista triple h, etc. Yes, i agree Eddie's death helped cause it, but this shows WWE was thinking about it and if the crowds responce over the months was there I think they would've gone for it. Why? because he deserved it. That's what WWE does, they give world titles reigns to people who have earned through hardwork and all they've given.

So let me get this straight. U firmly believe that WWE was thinking about putting Rey Mysterio against Batista for the World Title?!! That's ridiculous. Back then Batista was unstoppable and Rey would have been flattened and then ppl would complain that the pay-per-view sucked. Furthermore, no champion after Batista would be able to job to Rey and make it look realistic. Hence why they gave it to him in a triple threat match after Kurt Angle destroyed Orton and Mysterio and the midget picked up the scraps after Angle did all the work. Because let's face it. on Rey's best day Kurt Angle would wrestle circles around the midget in a one-oon-one match. Please! Rey sucked as champion. I don't care who thinks his hard work or whatever made him deserve it. The fact that after winning the title he got destroyed by practically every big guy on the roster and he needed to cheat to beat JBL to make the defeat look believable proved he didn't deserve it.

I believe Hornswoggle was the worst Champion ever and most can agree with me on this. My main reasons were that like Santino on Raw, this was just a comedy act, and it did nothing but embarass a quality talented cruiserweight division, yeah it was dead at the time but still there was Jamie Noble, and many others who could have held that belt instead of Hornswoggle. He basically killed that title, no meaning in the title defenses and it was just mainly for the kids and comedy. Another reason it failed was because Hornswoggle also couldn't handle the talent of the Cruiserweight division making it way more unrealistic than Rey Mysterio's World title run, let's face it, Hornswoggle was the biggest joke of a champion in history of the WWE. It really proved nothing except the failed McMahon/Hornswoggle/Finlay storyline.

Worst Champion in history...Great Khali.

Not much more to say other than, he is the definition of a transitional champion. Winning the title only because he's a 7 foot 5 heel.

In terms of booking...Rey Mysterio's title run was insulting, we'll see if they can give him another shot on Raw.

Worst Champion in history...Great Khali.

Not much more to say other than, he is the definition of a transitional champion. Winning the title only because he's a 7 foot 5 heel.

In terms of booking...Rey Mysterio's title run was insulting, we'll see if they can give him another shot on Raw.
Actually, if you could say more, I'd certainly appreciate it. Probably the other mods as well.

What was wrong with the Great Khali? He is a massive beast of a man, makes any match he's in seem like a big deal. The guys hand is bigger than your head, and even if he's not your traditionally 5 star wrestler, that doesn't mean he's not interesting or can't play a good role.

I can think of several others who were worse. And I'll do so at a later time. But, I don't see how you can say Khali was the worst.

Actually, if you could say more, I'd certainly appreciate it. Probably the other mods as well.

What was wrong with the Great Khali? He is a massive beast of a man, makes any match he's in seem like a big deal. The guys hand is bigger than your head, and even if he's not your traditionally 5 star wrestler, that doesn't mean he's not interesting or can't play a good role.

I can think of several others who were worse. And I'll do so at a later time. But, I don't see how you can say Khali was the worst.

1. A massive beast of a man doesnt make you a worthy champion
2. He does not make matches he's in seem like a big deal. Nobody cares about his matches..."YOU CAN'T WRESTLE" is evidence enough of what people think of him.
3. The guy's hand being bigger than my head means nothing. My teeth are bigger than his...big deal.
4. He can't wrestle, deliver a promo and every match he's had is the same.

I await your response. You provided nothing of substance.

I would also have to go with The Great Khali. Just because you're 10 ft. 15 inches tall doesn't mean you can dominate a title scene. Mark Henry could move circles around him. Bastian Booger could run circles around Khali. If he could actually move, it might be a liiiiiiittle different but probably not. His 8 moves make for a good nap time for all fans in attendance anytime he's in the squared circle. He brings that chop down with the force of feathers falling out of a pillow. Has he ever done a move bouncing off the ropes? He's just awful in everything he's in. Vince needs to learn that even though he thinks these giant people make for good product, Khali isn't somebody he'd make one penny off of. How many times have you purchased a ppv cause Khali was in it? How many Khali action figures and t-shirts do you own? I know he's big in India where he's from, but all the stuff with his face on over there is probably not licensed by WWE and Vince is making nothing from this big moron. I'm sure he's a great guy IRL, but he just needs to exit the wrestling business because it's not for him, and nobody likes him in it.

Try telling that to guy's like Sid Vicious, Yokozuna, The Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior, Big Show, and others.

Being a massive beast might not make you a worthy Champion, but it's part of what MAKES you a Champion. At least half of the guys I mentioned wouldn't of been given title runs if it wasn't for their "look" alone.

2. He does not make matches he's in seem like a big deal. Nobody cares about his matches..."YOU CAN'T WRESTLE" is evidence enough of what people think of him.

People not being willing to understand the Great Khali isn't Kurt Angle, doesn't mean Khali isn't a big deal. I think most fans seem to forget that, yourself included.

Khali isn't meant to be the type of wrestler that goes out for 20-30 minutes and put on a clinic of chain-wrestling moves, then call it a night. He's the type of monster, that's designed to go out, work a 5-15 minutes match, and simply punch, kick, chop, choke, big boot, and chokeslam his way to a dominating match.

He's there for one reason.. to look powerful and disasterous. He's accomplished that. And his matches ARE actually a big deal, because even with the "You can't wrestle" chants.. the fact remains, anytime he's given a title shot.. more than one person in this world who watches, is believing he could legit. win that thing because of how 'massive and monsterous' he is.

When Khali squashed the Undertaker, it instantly made people take notice. When Khali won the World Heavyweight Championship, and then started defeating the other Heavyweights on the show, that made people take notice. So clearly, while not all, SOME are definately interested in what he can do.

3. The guy's hand being bigger than my head means nothing. My teeth are bigger than his...big deal.

Your teeth aren't that impressive. Everyone has teeth. But not everyone has hands bigger than your head. And it most certainly DOES mean something. For Khali, it means a lot.

It means he doesn't have to chain wrestle a person for half an hour, but instead just has to get ahold of their head, regardless how quick into that match.. and start squeezing until he's won.

A.) I've went all over this reply about why he doesn't need to be the "Kurt Angle" of wrestling. He isn't built that way, and he isn't required to be that way.

B.) He has a manager to cut his promos for him. Chris Benoit couldn't cut a promo worth a crap. Brock Lesnar couldn't cut a promo worth a crap. Bobby Lashley couldn't.

All Khali has to do, is stand there and not say a word.. it gets the point across.. quickly.

C.) Who in today's wrestling has a match that isn't similar to the last one they had? John Cena's matches are always the same. Batista, C.M. Punk, Triple H., Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, etc, etc, etc. All of them have the same moves, do them in roughly the same order, and finish each of their victories in the same fashion.. so you can't say Khali is bad for this, without saying he's exactly like everyone else.

I await your response. You provided nothing of substance.

I'm somewhat interested to see if he'll reply to you too. I know what I said it enough substance to make a case for why Khali is good. But I know Sly will take anything I said and make it look like a cakewalk in ripping your post about too.

It doesn't? Let's break this down for a moment.

What makes a worthy champion? Someone you can look at and say "Yeah, he's the best. It takes something special to beat him". Beating a man 7'5" and 500 pounds, built like a tank, takes something special. It does make him a worthy champion, because if you have Khali walk up to anyone in the street, and tell them no one kicks ass better than Khali, I guarantee you there's not one average person who would dare refute it.

The fact the man is a massive beast of a man is VERY important for him being seen as a worthy champion.

Maybe not to you. That's fine. But I guarantee you that, to the majority of the "casual" audience, they look at the Great Khali and say "Holy hell...how in the world will Triple H ever be able to get him off his feet, much less keep him down for a count of 3?". He DOES make his matches a big deal. It's just a shame his body is breaking down, because if he was completely healthy, he would be a very key figure for the WWE for years to come.

It means he's a massive beast of a man...which we've already discussed.
He can't wrestle? What the hell did I watch him do at Summerslam this year? Play tiddlywinks?

That's the stupidest statement any wrestling fan can make. "He can't wrestle". What the fuck is he doing then?

As far as delivering promos...uhh, yeah? That's kind of the point. You don't have a monster and make him lovable. Don't you know anything about playing a character? Him speaking in a foreign tongue only adds to the mystique around the monster.
I would also have to go with The Great Khali. Just because you're 10 ft. 15 inches tall doesn't mean you can dominate a title scene. Mark Henry could move circles around him. Bastian Booger could run circles around Khali. If he could actually move, it might be a liiiiiiittle different but probably not.
Yes, because running is what makes a good wrestler. :rolleyes:

His 8 moves make for a good nap time for all fans in attendance anytime he's in the squared circle.
Good point...except that it's completely wrong. I've been to several shows where Khali worked a match. And everyone watched and was into it. No, not on the level of a John Cena match, but in the "holy hell, he's huge" sense.

He brings that chop down with the force of feathers falling out of a pillow.
As opposed to all the other wrestlers in the WWE who stiff the hell out of each other every night. :rolleyes:

Has he ever done a move bouncing off the ropes?
Has Hulk Hogan ever jumped off the top turnbuckle? Does anyone give a fuck?

Vince needs to learn that even though he thinks these giant people make for good product, Khali isn't somebody he'd make one penny off of.
AAAHAHAHAHA

So, now you're telling Vince McMahon how to run a wrestling business? Amazing.

I have waited for this day, for a couple monthes now. I can honestly and boldly say, without any confusion anymore..

C.M. Punk: The guy won the Championship by cashing in the Money in the Bank case. Which has been done before and it's lead to mild to great success. Edge's first cash-in went 3 weeks. R.V.D.'s lead to roughly a month, if not right under. Edge's 2nd would've lead almost a year, but due to injuries he had to be stripped of it in roughly 2-3 monthes of winning.

Punk is roughly the longest reigning Champion out of the M.I.T.B. winners, going a strong two monthes. However, that doesn't make him a worthy or decent Champion. In those two monthes, he defeated and retained his Championship a grand total of 3 times. J.B.L. was the person he retained against all 3 times. (He didn't win against Batista, the match(es) were thrown out, but he did retain I suppose)

All in all, Punk ended up losing or competing in matches that in the end were basically just "ended" without a winner, more times than he won matches during this reign. That makes Punk one of, if not 'the' single worst Champion in company history.. ever.

A lot of people jump on Khali because the guy doesn't chain wrestle, or barely wrestle at all.. but the one thing Khali did, that Punk couldn't find a pattern of doing, was continue winning his matches. On top of all of that, Punk didn't have a SINGLE Main Event match on a Pay per view.. and the one time he was given the spot, is the same match he was pulled from and lost the title in.

Now Punk has the opportunity to win back his Championship, and I'll reserve my judgment on his assumed '2nd' title reign until it happens. But one thing is for sure, his first reign.. should by all rights go down in history as the worst Championship reign, and Champion.. EVER!

Punk not winning matches by DQ is hardly his fault though Will. It's not like he'd have any say in the outcome. He was a mid carder that was given a world title. I doubt very much his backstage status was elevated enough for him to get outcomes changed.

And like you said, he was facing JBL. So maybe somebody didn't want his title reign to get off the ground. Who's got a good match out of JBL since he returned to action? Punk go ok matches. But other than the Finlay match at Mania, that's about it. The Cena matches were shit, and Cena usually rises to the occasion.

It's not like Punk was given the Rock & Austin to work with and failed. He was given JBL, Snitzky, Kane and Batista. The non title matches he had with Jericho and a few others were good. And Batista is considerably bigger than him and isn't known for having great matches with everybody. In fact you can limit the good one-on-one Batista matches to Edge, Undertaker & maybe a few others. So Punk having an average match with him not one, but twice was actually a success.

Easily C.M. Punk. No charisma, lousy mic skills, and only average workrate. Just a total bore. Khali at least has awe inspiring size and the 1-billion plus potential fans in India. Punk had and still has nothing but a stupid Pepsi tattoo. A total failure as World Heavyweight Champion.

Well im going to agree with Diesels reign. I like BGC but that was a bad year. Ill second Backlund aswell.

Im glad Big Shows first title run was mentioned, i remember that ppv, and the fans just werent into it, and Show and Bossman [rip] tried bless em.

Goldbergs month long title reign. Now, was that because he didnt draw [seemed very over with the live crowd] or because the strap belonged to HHH during this time. If thats the case then HHH was WWEs biggest draw in the mid 00s and thats why he had so many title reigns-that the way it works.

Apparently Carlito was IC champ. If so i barely recall it.

Kane and Vince McMahon. Kane barely even went over Stone Cold Steve Austin that first blood match. First, he had the advantage of wearing a mask and then second, Austin was still beating the crap out of him all throughout the match. It was a lousy fluke win that didn't make Kane look threatening. Then, to make matters worse, he lost the title the next night on RAW. Wow. Talk about totally burying a supposed monster in the making. That was the worst WWE title reign ever and goes down in books as a joke.

Vince McMahon winning the title off of Triple H after Stone Cold giving him a stunner was also laughable. McMahon of course forfeits the title, thus making him nothing less of an egomaniac who also happened to give his offspring titles. I mean, what was that? He's known as a 1-Time WWE Champion, yet what worth did he give? It didn't do anything. Instead of giving a chance to the abundant amount of stars that deserved a title reign in the late 80s and early 90s, here was Vince McMahon securing a title win for himself.

I know these were just based on storyline purposes, but they still didn't make the characters/wrestlers any better.

I could go on with all the 1-Month reigning Champions, but that list is too extensive. All the Hardcore Champions are technically the worst of the worst Champions lol.

JBL

Wow. Talk about out of the blue. Bradshaw from the A.P.A was the WWE Champion. That was a dumb move on Vince McMahons part. I know him and JBL are good friends but JBL was very boring and un-entertaining. I mean to think that guys like Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Undertaker and Booker T took the backseat to this guy for almost a year. And because of his reign in 04, his lifeless body is taking up as much time on RAW as it does.

JBL is smash mouth in your face wrestler and there's nothing worng with that, I'm a big fan of the smash mouth style but there was no need for him to be WWE Champion for as long as he was.

Well im going to agree with Diesels reign. I like BGC but that was a bad year.

Kevin Nash held the Championship for practically a year. Bad or not, that's impressive. Bret Hart could've easily took it from him at the Royal Rumble if he wasn't getting over in the beginning.

The problem with Nash's run as Champion wasn't Nash, as much as it was some of his opponent's. Sid Vicious wasn't really viewed (at that time) as anything more than a hired monster and nothing more than that for Ted DiBiase.

Nash also spent part of the year in Tag matches with Bam Bam Bigelow. While Bigelow is a good big man wrestler, feuding against Tatanka in Main Event's isn't what I'd consider anything good.

Nash's Summerslam feud was against Mabel, in which as good as Mabel may have been as a big man wrestler.. you simply can't put two of them together and expect anything other than a shit match. Nash couldn't do anything with Mabel, and vise-versa.

Nash's best matches were against people that could help him look his part. The British Bulldog, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels. They helped Nash look the part. (That part being, a 'Super Heavyweight')

Ill second Backlund aswell.

If you're refering to his role in 1994, when he defeated Bret Hart, then dropped the title to Diesel.. I'd hardly consider it a reign in general. He was just meant strictly to be a transitional Champion so they didn't have to have Kevin Nash defeat Bret Hart fairly.

They wanted to get Diesel over instantly, and having him absolutely DESTROY the guy who beat Bret Hart was basically like saying "Diesel could destroy Bret Hart, because he destroyed the guy who beat Hart".

Im glad Big Shows first title run was mentioned, i remember that ppv, and the fans just werent into it, and Show and Bossman [rip] tried bless em.

Wasn't the late 1999 run for Big Show meant because of his Father's real-life death though? Much like Backlund, I don't believe this reign was ever meant to be anything more than Big Show getting his name in the record books out of memory or respect for his Father. And the feud with Boss Man was a pure joke.

Goldbergs month long title reign. Now, was that because he didnt draw [seemed very over with the live crowd] or because the strap belonged to HHH during this time. If thats the case then HHH was WWEs biggest draw in the mid 00s and thats why he had so many title reigns-that the way it works.

While I'm definately inclined to agree 100% that Goldberg's reign was a flat-out joke and failure.. that's mainly because he's the one guy in Professional Wrestling I just can not stand.

But his run in the W.W.E. wasn't (to me) actually his fault. The one thing I'll give W.C.W. is they made him (Goldberg) their "Gawd". W.W.E. was never going to give Goldberg that type of "mega" push because it would've allowed a guy who just came in, to steam-roll ALL of their mainstay talent.

So what do you do if you're the W.W.E., and you bring in the top guy from the company you bought out? You show the world that your guy(s) are better than their's. That's one of the reasons why Triple H. went over Goldberg before Goldberg went over Triple H.

The other reason Goldberg's run (in my opinion) was a failure is because McMahon felt he could continue to match-up power against power. So he had Goldberg against Mark Henry, Kane and Batista. None of them had the right to be in the Main Event, or in a title picture with Goldberg.

So again, while I'll definately say Goldberg is a failure.. if I'm being brutually honest I just can't say his W.W.E. run was his fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back