WWE Finishers/Signature Moves

loojceeb

Dark Match Winner
So I know there have been a few threads that talks about finishers and such but this topic is going to be much deeper.

There are three questions, you can answer all one, two, or all three.

First Question:

Who do you think has the worst finisher/signature move now days in the WWE?

Second Question:
Almost all of WWE superstars' finisher have a name, which one is the worst that you've seen and what would you change it to?

Third Question: There are also WWE superstars who doesn't have original finishers, they either took it from former stars or takes the finisher from another star that is not using it anymore. For example, Heath Slater used to use the "Zig Zag" as his finisher and then he changed it into the "Lie detector" then now hes doing a "Reverse DDT". And I think that is making the finishers look less important.

So the question is that if you could change a superstar's finisher, what would it be and what would you call it? If you could, explain the move or even show us a clip from youtube or so.

So I know there have been a few threads that talks about finishers and such but this topic is going to be much deeper.

There are three questions, you can answer all one, two, or all three.

First Question:

Second Question:
Almost all of WWE superstars' finisher have a name, which one is the worst that you've seen and what would you change it to?

Third Question: There are also WWE superstars who doesn't have original finishers, they either took it from former stars or takes the finisher from another star that is not using it anymore. For example, Heath Slater used to use the "Zig Zag" as his finisher and then he changed it into the "Lie detector" then now hes doing a "Reverse DDT". And I think that is making the finishers look less important.

So the question is that if you could change a superstar's finisher, what would it be and what would you call it? If you could, explain the move or even show us a clip from youtube or so.

1. the AA - John Cena... not Cena hating to the max here, just dont see how throwing someone off your shoulders like that onto their back is deemed powerful. to change it i'd have him drive down on the chest with his hand so he actually slams people down... or just get rid of it lol

2. Future Shock DDT - Drew Mcintyre this name is so lame commentators and fans alike often call it the "scot drop", which is an old FCW finisher of his that they have it confused with for some reason

i'd take Scottish Nightmare, hell its not perfect, but at least i am trying lol

3. R truth - whatever that thing he does is, i'd change it to his suplex stunner, first time i saw that i was like "WOAH! what the hell was that!".

not expecting everyone, if anyone to agree, but thats what i think :)

First Question:

With absolutely no hesitation whatsoever, the 619.

Second Question:

World's Strongest Slam I guess... I find it annoying that he's still billed as the world's strongest man, but that's in the same vein as everything else the WWE likes to overlook.

I can't think of a change right now, but I'd love to see Punk use the Pepsi Plunge and Evan Bourne to use the Cyclorama on occasion. Also, I've always been a fan of the Canadian Destroyer/Code Red (aka flip powerbomb) and I'd love to see someone use it in the WWE.

First Question:

SANTINO MARRELLA, The Cobra? Really? Terrible.

Second Question:

McGillicutter I don't like it at all. Sounds rather odd, and sounds like a tool you would use to cut of a.... never mind. But the dudes name in general is stupid. Go back to Henning. As for the finisher, call it the something not so stupid.

Third Question:

I like the Falcon's Arrow, The Cool down, The Seed planter, The physco effect, The Raging rapids, etc.
LOL Have no idea what im talking about? Check out my YT account.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheIHWrestling

First Question:

Ezekiel Jackson's Torture Rack - LOL what is he doing? a massage? It is like one of those rides in the carnival.

Second Question:
John Cena's Attitude Adjustment - The name is so PG-like. FU sounds 1000x better than AA.

Third Question:
if you could change a superstar's finisher, what would it be and what would you call it?
Wade Barrett's Wasteland - He is a future world champion and his finisher is too lame for that. Wasteland is just a fireman carry front slam without so much WOW factor after it is executed. He needs to change it to a sort of a finisher that will expose his heel character like the Glam Slam of Beth Phoenix or the Gory Bomb of Chavo Guerrero.

1. Who do you think has the worst finisher/signature move now days in the WWE?

Wade Barrett. I think his is worse that Cena's AA. I mean he just flips the guys off his shoulders. Seriously. In SvR 2K11, he had a bow & arrow submission that was combined with the Wasteland and looked more impressive as a finisher.

2. Almost all of WWE superstars' finisher have a name, which one is the worst that you've seen and what would you change it to?

Daniel Bryan's LeBell Lock. I like Bryan and I'm glad he's being allowed to use the Crossface as his finisher, but I don't think LeBell Lock is a good name for it. I mean he calls his Bridging Grounded Chicken Wing "Cattle Mutilation" and I think that's bad ass. I know that can't use "Crippler Crossface", but I think that would be a good name for it. Yes I'm a Benoit mark, but I think "Crippler Crossface" would well along side "Cattle Mutilation".

3. If you could change a superstar's finisher, what would it be and what would you call it? If you could, explain the move or even show us a clip from youtube or so.

I would change Sheamus' finisher from Crucifix Powerbomb (a.ka. Pale Justice) to his FRH (Fiery Red Hand) finisher from FCW. It was either a choke lift side slam or a Leg Trap Fall Forward Chokebomb. I saw it a couple of times on some old FCW footage and I always thought that was a cool finisher and he could still call it FRH or he could call it Pale Justice to keep with his pasty white skin tone motif.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=g5p9u1E1lGI

1. Does Santino's Cobra count?.When I first saw the Cobra I just shook my head and I felt so ashamed for the fans that actually enjoyed that. It's sad that the WWE has made great talent look weak from being hit by that "finisher". Nothing against Santino, but that finisher really needs to go.. I don't care how popular it's become.

2. Airbourne - Evan Bourne. Isn't he introduced as Evan "Air" Bourne? I don't like the idea of the finisher name being almost identical as your ring name. Hell, I don't think Billy Kidman changed the name of the Shooting Star Press. I would just call it by that, because it sounds a lot cooler imo.

3. Wasteland - Wade Barrett. Some of the time it look's pretty painful, but most of the time it looks just as weak as the AA. Also, 3 other wrestlers have finishers that start off with the fireman's carry: Cena, Punk and Riley, so it's a bit repetitive. I could see Barrett having a running big boot like Test, that looked painful. I'd call it the Barrett Boot or the Barrage Boot. But then again, that'd be a lot like the Brogue Kick (Sheamus). Eh, i'd still go with it.

1. Does Santino's Cobra count?.When I first saw the Cobra I just shook my head and I felt so ashamed for the fans that actually enjoyed that. It's sad that the WWE has made great talent look weak from being hit by that "finisher". Nothing against Santino, but that finisher really needs to go.. I don't care how popular it's become.
Haha I totally agree with Santino's finisher, I mean what in the world? Can you picture Stone Cold or The Undertaker losing to Santino with the Cobra? OMG.

3. Wasteland - Wade Barrett. Some of the time it look's pretty painful, but most of the time it looks just as weak as the AA. Also, 3 other wrestlers have finishers that start off with the fireman's carry: Cena, Punk and Riley, so it's a bit repetitive. I could see Barrett having a running big boot like Test, that looked painful. I'd call it the Barrett Boot or the Barrage Boot. But then again, that'd be a lot like the Brogue Kick (Sheamus). Eh, i'd still go with it.

I totally agree, Wade Barret should have the big boot as his finisher, I would actually call it "Barret Barrage".

Daniel Bryan's LeBell Lock. I like Bryan and I'm glad he's being allowed to use the Crossface as his finisher, but I don't think LeBell Lock is a good name for it. I mean he calls his Bridging Grounded Chicken Wing "Cattle Mutilation" and I think that's bad ass. I know that can't use "Crippler Crossface", but I think that would be a good name for it. Yes I'm a Benoit mark, but I think "Crippler Crossface" would well along side "Cattle Mutilation".

Yea I agree with that, at first I was like wait a minute, thats just the Crippler Crossface but then I did some research and found out that its actually really called "Lebell Lock". Lebell is one of the most dangerous man in the world of martial arts and he created this lock that would break anybody's arm but folding it back and trying to break the neck at the same time. I think Chris Benoit actually copied it.

I would change Sheamus' finisher from Crucifix Powerbomb (a.ka. Pale Justice) to his FRH (Fiery Red Hand) finisher from FCW. It was either a choke lift side slam or a Leg Trap Fall Forward Chokebomb. I saw it a couple of times on some old FCW footage and I always thought that was a cool finisher and he could still call it FRH or he could call it Pale Justice to keep with his pasty white skin tone motif.

I wouldn't go with the Fiery Red Hand even though it looks epic because it looks too much like a regular Choke Slam, people will get confuse and be like why would sheamus do a Chokeslam when hes not that big. Its just like seeing Abyss do a chokeslam as his finisher, it was weird because Kane and Undertaker are known for chokeslams as finishers (In US Pro-wrestling). So I would actually go with a new move for Sheamus. Call it the White Out and have Sheamus start out like the Denominator *Farooq's finisher* but instead of slamming the guy back down, Sheamus should fall to his side and twist the person's body back into face down and do a mid air cutter. Ill try to find the move and show you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJkJC1qcK9Q (Watch at 1:00)

1. Honestly, I've always thought The Pedigree was kind of weak. Mostly because guys don't make it look good half the time. Plus you see other people use it on occassion where it hardly does anything (Not WWE but Jeff Jarrett uses it). I'd go with either that or Del Rio's thing. That one just doesn't seem like a big deal. I get it, submissions hurt. But that doesn't look like anything special. And Trouble in Paradise is just bad. Really bad.

2. AA. FU and STFU was so much better.

3. I would change Mark Henry's. His could be something that looks way more powerful. I just don't know what. Sorry guys.

1. Honestly, I've always thought The Pedigree was kind of weak. Mostly because guys don't make it look good half the time. Plus you see other people use it on occassion where it hardly does anything (Not WWE but Jeff Jarrett uses it). I'd go with either that or Del Rio's thing. That one just doesn't seem like a big deal. I get it, submissions hurt. But that doesn't look like anything special. And Trouble in Paradise is just bad. Really bad.

2. AA. FU and STFU was so much better.

3. I would change Mark Henry's. His could be something that looks way more powerful. I just don't know what. Sorry guys.

Del rio's submission? If you knew anything about jiu jitsu or mma you'd know that is an armbar which in real life can break your arm in about 5 seconds so yeah it makes sense.

First Question:
Obviously Santino's Cobra is pathetic but he is a comedic jobber so I don't care what his finisher is (I like him but since he's just used for comedy it doesn't really matter what his finisher is). Barrett's Wasteland is the one that sticks out to me that I want changed. I don't like Cena's AA but Wastleland is worse. Sometimes it's sold well and whatnot but it just doesn't look impactful at all. I really like Barrett's potential and his finisher annoys me more for that reason. Also Big Show's WMD is really, really bad.

Del rio's submission? If you knew anything about jiu jitsu or mma you'd know that is an armbar which in real life can break your arm in about 5 seconds so yeah it makes sense.

Maybe you missed where I said I know it's a submission move that hurts. That's how most of the submission moves are. The Figure Four could break your leg in a second and The Walls of Jericho could break your back. But those moves have a build to them. They get a reaction from the crowd. Del Rio's is a great move, but as a finisher, it's not very exciting.

i think dolph ziggler has the WORST finisher in the wwe. the zig zag and the less used sleeper are both horrendous. i cant believe no one has said it yet. he desperately needs a better finisher. DESPERATELY!

I dont really like the name GTS.... just doesnt work for me. call it the pipebomb.

and i like the idea to change sheamus' high cross to his old SOS. id also like to give del rio a finishing move to use from time to time.

1. The cobra is the worst finisher ever

2. The worst name for a finisher is the mcgillicutter wtf

3. I think mark henry needs to do a military press then bring him down from that height for a worlds strongest slam coz right now it looks horrible

1. Barrets Wasteland. Can't pull it off on bigger guys (look at his attempts on Big Show, Mark Henry, Ezekiel Jackson)
People mentioned Cenas AA, but considering the elevation some of the guys get, it looks painful.

2. McGillicutter.

3. Barretts Wasteland again. He just can't get a big enough impact to call it a finisher imo. Considering his size I'd give him some kind of powerbomb.

First Question:

Cobra doesn't count Santino's a joke. I'd say the AA, it's just not strong enough to be a finisher, in reality how to do you lose to a fisherman suplex but not a superplex??

On a side note, I personally hate Christian's finisher.

Second Question:

McGuillitcutty's finisher has a shitty name. I think Barrett should change his finisher's name to the British barrage.

Third Question: Powerbomb. I had it when somebody just add's there name to it. Like Swagger.... Come on give it a mad name like Undertaker did.

CM Punk's GTS - Its just knee to the chin which barely connects and looks fake.

McGillicutter. It should just be called a Neckbreaker.

the question is that if you could change a superstar's finisher, what would it be and what would you call it?

Kofi Kingston's "Trouble in Paradise" - Sounds pretty "Hokey". Should just call it Spinning Kick.

Santino. The Cobra. What the hayle? It does not look like it hurts at all. It's a little jab to the chest.

Probably the WMD. I hate that name. On another note, am I the only one who likes the "McGillicutter" name?

the question is that if you could change a superstar's finisher, what would it be and what would you call it?

I'd let Punk use the Pepsi Plunge occasionally. So badass.

I'd say the worst finisher in the WWE right now is the GTS. As said before it is a weak looking knee to the head that misses half the time, and almost every time the opponent's feet have touched the ground when executed. I'd go back to using the Anaconda Vice until something new is found.

There aren't really any finishers that I have a major problem with, at least not with what the moves themselves are. WWE's wrestlers have done a pretty good job of finding finishers for themselves that work well. Some of the names I could do without though. The worst of all BY FAR is Ted Dibiase's "Dream Street". I cringe every time I hear the name of that finisher because it makes me think of that awful boy band with the same name from back in 2000. That finisher desperately needs a new name. It's a decent finishing move, but has a terrible name. As for guys who swap finishers, that doesn't bug me much. Once they find one that works the best for them they should stick with it on a more long term basis though.

Finishers I dislike:
The 619, no doubt.

Finisher names I dislike:
Zig Zag, it's a bit too silly.

Finisher I would like changed:
I actually liked Wasteland back in 2010, mostly because it kinda mirrored Cena's AA - and Cena and Wade were in a very intense feud.
But nowadays I'd keep it as a signature move, and find a new, more powerful looking, finisher for Wade.

I think the best way to improve Barrett's finisher would be to change it to a Sit-Out format. I don't know if it would be logistically possible, but it would look way more devastating and could quickly shift into a pin position.

First Question:
Santino's Cobra is mentioned so many times now, but I'm going in a different person in this case. The Skull Crushing Finale looks pretty week, especially the other guys hands is in front of his face and is head is looking the other way.
Second Question:
Wade Barret's Wasteland needs a new name, was good at nxt, not as good when going into main event status.
Third Question:
I would change William Regal's kneww trembler to one of his old finishers, like his Regal Plex or Stretch, looks really painful.

First question: I absolutely hate the GTS. Cannot stand it. I think it looks so fake it's embarrassing. I think this is part of the reason Punk can't be taken seriously...his finisher is so cheesy it's embarrassing. Think of the all-time greats: Hogan (legdrop), Savage (elbow), HBK (Sweet Chin Music), The Rock (People's Elbow), Austin (Stunner), Hart (Sharpshooter)...the list goes on and on...you remember their finishers and they were pretty cool...the GTS? Cheesy...

Second: The Attitude Adjustment....um really? Why don't you just piledrive him and be Lex Luger from 1991 already...what's wrong with FU? It gets the point across and they already use other curse words on air...what's the big deal? (Note: Christian would've won this EASILY if his move was still the Unprettier...thank goodness they changed that)

Third: CM Punk...he needs something, anything unpredictable that can come out of nowhere...it would fit his character so much better than picking someone up and hitting them with a knee. So stupid. With his size, some sort of drop (DDT) or a kick (superkick) would be logical, but he can't pick everyone up. Something similar to Jake the Snake's DDT (and it's dangerous effects) would be cool even though the DDT is done to death anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back