• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BIG TNA Spoilers - From iMPACT! Tapings, Presumably

DSC_0216.jpg

So, that's what $36,000 that TNA have spent on new world title belts in less than a year? Jesus.

And yet TNA severely underpay their tallent. Way to be smart spenders TNA.

How do you know? I've never seen any figures.

When you have to subsidise your wage with a second job or working the indie scene (through TNA management which makes everything a pain in the arse according to promoters) then I think it's fair to say that TNA tallent isn't paid very much. Especially if you're willing to pay over $30,000 on two title belts in less than a year.

Well, Taylor Wilde said she made so little in TNA that she had to work in a sunglasses shop.
Madison Rayne couldn't travel due to low funds.
Gen Me only made reportedly $200 per appearance.

Because ex-employees have made it known how little they were paid? Especially the Knockouts. JWoww and Angelina get 7 grand for 5 minutes of TV time while they were paying most of the Knockouts like 500$ an appearance.

Because ex-employees have made it known how little they were paid? Especially the Knockouts. JWoww and Angelina get 7 grand for 5 minutes of TV time while they were paying most of the Knockouts like 500$ an appearance.
That's fucking pathetic

When you have to subsidise your wage with a second job or working the indie scene (through TNA management which makes everything a pain in the arse according to promoters) then I think it's fair to say that TNA tallent isn't paid very much. Especially if you're willing to pay over $30,000 on two title belts in less than a year.

That would be down to the type of contracts they are on, surely? If you are on a earn-as-you-appear contract, the ones who aren't used often (which is inevitable with a huge roster) are going to have to work the indies. Doesn't mean they have bad pay, just bad contracts.

And I'm not defending spending thousands on unnecessary title belts. It is ridiculous.

Well, Taylor Wilde said she made so little in TNA that she had to work in a sunglasses shop.
Madison Rayne couldn't travel due to low funds.
Gen Me only made reportedly $200 per appearance.

I've never heard these stories. Although I do remember reading that Miss Tessmacher works at Hooters.

Never heard these stories from ex-employees before. The Jersey Shore thing is pretty ridiculous, though.

ARE YOU SAYING ANDERSON SHOULDN'T BEAT STING AT LOCKDOWN?!

BECAUSE IF YOU ARE I'M GOING TO HAVE TO FORCE MYSELF ONTO YOUR LOVER RICKY AND WEAR OUT HIS ASSHOLE WORSE THAN ANDERSON HAS THE WORD.

Lol you and your Anderson love. I just don't get it. I like Anderson, I do, I warmed up to him quite a bit towards the end of his WWE run and loved the start of his TNA run. But he's not someone I actively worry about getting buried too much like I would with guys like Styles or Punk. I mean, he's a good worker and he does have something on the mic, I don't know what the fuck it is, but it's definitely unique. Wouldn't quite call his mic skills great, but he has passion and intensity and that goes a long way. I'm not worried about him besides the shitty way he's been booked the last few months, he's an ex-WWE guy so in the end TNA booking will always bring him back to the main event and world title. That's just how they roll.

And you leave Ricky's tender manhole out of this. Thems is fightin' words blackie.

Lol you and your Anderson love. I just don't get it. I like Anderson, I do, I warmed up to him quite a bit towards the end of his WWE run and loved the start of his TNA run. But he's not someone I actively worry about getting buried too much like I would with guys like Styles or Punk. I mean, he's a good worker and he does have something on the mic, I don't know what the fuck it is, but it's definitely unique. Wouldn't quite call his mic skills great, but he has passion and intensity and that goes a long way. I'm not worried about him besides the shitty way he's been booked the last few months, he's an ex-WWE guy so in the end TNA booking will always bring him back to the main event and world title. That's just how they roll.

And you leave Ricky's tender manhole out of this. Thems is fightin' words blackie.

TNA has proven that they can take someone that is red hot and kill his career for a good time, they did it to Styles but he was good enough to comeback from it. I just don't think Anderson could do that if he really needed to and yes, I would consider Sting beating him at Lockdown as a burial.

And you're black, black person.

Based on Hulk Hogan's remark about TNA, "stars from all over the world want to join his Tsunami taking over wrestling." and his bullshit aplogy becuase he's trying to shoot becuase he's till bashes WWE in his apology.

Well, my new opinion of Hulk Hogan stand's as follow.

Hogan is a disgraceful human being. I mean, to have the audacity to say that he just accidently said "tsunami", 3 f'n days after the biggest news story of the year. If it was something similar to an earthquake or tsunami reference, then sure. Accidently saying that you're "shaking TNA to its foundation", or something, is understandable, and can easily slip out before you realize what's happening. To outright say "tsunami", though, cannot be an accident, unless you're completely ******ed.

Worse than that, though, is that rather than apologizing for his remarks, Hogan took the opportunity to take a jab at the WWE, and actually try to put himself over. What an egotistical prick, and a worthless human being.

LOL at Gunner being the TV champ.

I also burst into laughter at the part where Kurt Angle threatens to murder Jeff and Karen. That's one crazy dude.

Honestly I don't mind Ray facing AJ, Ray gets good heat as a heel and AJ can work a good match out of anyone, so it's not the end of the world or anything.

Sounds like a really shit show otherwise though.

Gunner being the TV Champ brings back horrid memories of Oklahoma being Cruiserweight Champ. I suppose we should be thankful that Gunner is at least a wrestler, in some form of the term.

If Kurt actually uses the exact phrase of "I'll kill you", I think I'd be more shocked than ever before - especially considering the whole Benoit/Wrestling issue will never die. (no puns intended)

AJ made Abyss look like something worth watching. Bubba actually HAS talent, even though people don't want to admit it. The guy truly is the better half of Team 3D. If Devon wasn't black, he'd have nothing going for him at all. Bubba against AJ sounds decent enough for me, especially when you throw it into a cage with weapons and teammates at Lockdown.

TNA has proven that they can take someone that is red hot and kill his career for a good time, they did it to Styles but he was good enough to comeback from it. I just don't think Anderson could do that if he really needed to and yes, I would consider Sting beating him at Lockdown as a burial.

And you're black, black person.
Samoa Joe is the best example here. TNA did such a good job killing his heat that you actually forgot to mention him.

Joe deserves better than Anderson and half that roster. Apart from that one token title defense from AJ he had, he hasn't been anywhere near the main event since. Such bullshit, Joe should be one of the main guys they push just like Styles as one of the guys that made the company great in the first place.

I just realized no one posted the spoilers from today:

Impact
-We open with a Mr. Anderson promo in the ring. A white board is set up and Mr. Anderson has what looks like a college professor with him. Anderson says that the math doesn't add up to why he doesn't get his rematch. Mr. Anderson eventually hits his finisher on the professor. Hulk Hogan and Bischoff come out saying TNA is theirs. Hogan said Anderson would have to go through Rob Van Dam tonight to earn his title match. After Rob Van Dam comes out and has a few words, Sting's music hits. He announces that after discussing it with "the network" that he would be the special enforcer for Mr. Anderson vs Rob Van Dam.

-Mickie James defeated Tara with her finisher. After the match we got a stare down between Mickie James and Madison Rayne. No contact between them!

-Okato defeated The Pope by DQ. After the match Samoa Joe came out and ran off The Pope. Pope destroyed Okato during the match.

-Ric Flair, Matt Hardy and Bully Ray are in the ring. Flair puts over Hardy and Ray as the greatest tag team wrestlers of all time. Ray and Hardy have a few words of their own before calling out the remainder of Fortune. Fortune hits the ring and a brawl is on. The lights go out and Abyss returns with a new look. He leaves Fortune laying in the ring as Ray, Flair, Hardy and Abyss head backstage. This sets up a Lethal Lockdown match at the PPV!

-Hernandez, Sarita, Rosita and their Hispanic friend (the fan) cut an anti-American promo in the ring, complete with Mexican flag. This turns into a tag team Street Fight where Hernandez and Esteban (Estavo?) defeated Matt Morgan and Brother Devon. During the match Velvet Sky attacks Rosita and Sarita. Angelina came out looking strange when Winter ordered her to the back which she did. Velvet Sky was then beaten down until Matt Morgan came to her aid leading to the finish.

The RVD vs Mr. Anderson Match ended in a no contest. The referee went down so Sting served as Guest Enforcer. Anderson hit the Mic Drop on the outside but Sting refused to count out RVD. Because of that Mr. Anderson went after Sting. We got a pull-apart brawl to presumably end the episode. No Winner!

Just the way we like it right?

My lord. I ask again, is Dusty Rhodes booking for TNA again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back