Genius (Impact Spoilers)

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
An over the hill youth movement from the 90s is invading iMPACT tonight, in July of 2010, the year of our Lord. D-Von Dudley and Al Snow will be involved. Also, instead of putting them over the TNA roster for a special reunion show and letting everyone move on with their life (like the WWE let the ECW guys go over their roster) or capitalizing on their appeal to create a fantastic midcard brand, these has-beens and never-weres are coming in to monopolize the heavyweight title scene and draw attention away from the guy who actually holds the belt for what looks to be at least a month.

Oh, also tonight, one of the cornerstones of TNA's youth movement, Jay Lethal, takes a fall to Jeff Hardy.

Use this thread to discuss spoilers regarding TNA's love for the elderly.

I'll give Jeff one thing: That Swanton's become exponentially more credible in light of the weight he's gained.

The first One Night Stand was good in spite of people like Tommy Dreamer. Because Tommy Dreamer is shit, and shit wrestlers don't normally make a good card.

I'd rather have old guys take center stage than Abyss. Who I believe is the soon to be named #1 Contender. The ECW reunion is just a distraction and a glimmer of hope that this time RVD retains.

So my only choices at this point are RVD, the only semi-bankable star in the bunch at this point (except Foley), getting dragged down by joining that group and having to share the stage with an out-of-shape, washed up Raven, or RVD losing the strap in part of a swerve and then going on to feud with the mediocre guys in that group, like an out-of-shape, washed-up Raven... Not feeling it. Also, not a fan of my justin-esque lengthy sentence.

That's a whole lot of commas, yeah. While we're discussing ECW, I'd also like to know what's behind this carbonated water craze. Seems pretty extreme to me.

So my only choices at this point are RVD, the only semi-bankable star in the bunch at this point (except Foley), getting dragged down by joining that group and having to share the stage with an out-of-shape, washed up Raven, or RVD losing the strap in part of a swerve and then going on to feud with the mediocre guys in that group, like an out-of-shape, washed-up Raven... Not feeling it. Also, not a fan of my justin-esque lengthy sentence.

Run-on sentence from Coco. Looks like you shouldn't be dissecting an angle regarding those that are over-the-hill.

I'll give Jeff one thing: That Swanton's become exponentially more credible in light of the weight he's gained.

He should gain more, he might be able to kill someone with it soon.

An over the hill youth movement from the 90s is invading iMPACT tonight, in July of 2010, the year of our Lord. D-Von Dudley and Al Snow will be involved. Also, instead of putting them over the TNA roster for a special reunion show and letting everyone move on with their life (like the WWE let the ECW guys go over their roster) or capitalizing on their appeal to create a fantastic midcard brand, these has-beens and never-weres are coming in to monopolize the heavyweight title scene and draw attention away from the guy who actually holds the belt for what looks to be at least a month.

Oh, also tonight, one of the cornerstones of TNA's youth movement, Jay Lethal, takes a fall to Jeff Hardy.

Use this thread to discuss spoilers regarding TNA's love for the elderly.

From all the reports I've read, Hard Justice will be just like the first One Night Stand. Not some ongoing story with Steve Richards vying for the title.

Another One Night Stand.

Taht can't go bad right? I mean it's not like the first one was absolutely perfect five years ago when the guys were younger and ECW's back yard and Vince actually let it be an ECW show where they ended with the ECW fans getting their fantasy fulfilled by having Bischoff get destroyed after running down ECW for years and Joey freaking out over the commentary.

I'm sure TNA will manage to top it.

Yeah, the WWECW just ended up being a place for jobbers. The earlier years were okay, from what I've gathered, but I watch ECW one time after I became a wrestling fan, and never watched again. It was just piss-poor awful.

Well apparently Dreamer is going to beg Carter to let them have one more run since WWE ruined it. I'm sure this isn't going to make his awesome ECW Title win and total fan friendly moment last year look far more awesome in hindsight while at the same time making everyone that hated ECW SO thrilled to see Dreamer, now what, 40 I think, out there doing his thing that stopped being interesting like 12 years ago.

Run-on sentence from Coco. Looks like you shouldn't be dissecting an angle regarding those that are over-the-hill.
It was a lengthy sentence. It wasn't a run-on sentnece.

He should gain more, he might be able to kill someone with it soon.
Maybe his new dog.

From all the reports I've read, Hard Justice will be just like the first One Night Stand. Not some ongoing story with Steve Richards vying for the title.
Nothing says old school ECW like Abyss vs. RVD with random ECW wrestlers involved.

Yeah, the WWECW just ended up being a place for jobbers. The earlier years were okay, from what I've gathered, but I watch ECW one time after I became a wrestling fan, and never watched again. It was just piss-poor awful.
The ECW brand was a rousing success. To suggest otherwise is to have no idea what you're talking about.

100% serious here.

Jeez what a clusterfuck of an "idea". Sure there will be some who find it mildly entertaining. But it won't be that profitable (if it is at all) and it certainly isn't in the company's best interest. Sometimes I honestly don't understand how they continue to operate. Fingers crossed it won't be a complete waste of everyone's time.
The best part is that since WWE owns the name ECW we get to hear pitifully bad attempts at alluding to, but not actually mentioning, the original promotion. Extreme-this and Hardcore-that... a good time had by all I'm sure.

They likley wouldn't be in this position if they didn't turn nearly the entire uppercard face over the last few months.

Where is IDR to completely back this as the greatest idea ever, and at the same time saying ONS '05, and WWECW was a disgrace?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back