• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Genius (Impact Spoilers)

ECW will be now what it was back during One Night Stand... a one night stand.

Once people see that these guys are 15 years older, have pot bellies, and can't wrestle anymore (let alone set each other on fire and abuse each other with weapons), they'll realize how shitty of an idea this is... AGAIN.

Man, TNA is so fucking desperate. GET ORIGINAL, ALREADY!!

I want to write a letter to TNA that states:

July 15th, 2009
Re: TNA Management

Dear TNA,

YOU FUCKING SUCK!!

Have a nice day,
D-Man

Once people see that these guys are 15 years older, have pot bellies, and can't wrestle anymore (let alone set each other on fire and abuse each other with weapons), they'll realize how shitty of an idea this is... AGAIN.

July 15th, 2009

Dear TNA,

YOU FUCKING SUCK!!

Have a nice day,
D-Man

I'd jizz if you did.

Just saw the pictures.

Al Snow.

If this is anything other than Dixie playing a game of "Who has a the bigger cock?" with Hogan and Bischoff, I just can't excuse the stupidity of it all.

July 15th, 2009

Dear TNA,

YOU FUCKING SUCK!!

Have a nice day,
D-Man

2009?

Sure why not?

The guy that went on the biggest push of his career in ECW only to be stopped dead by Shane Douglas and then never mentioned again as the ECW crowd just went silent as he got pinned is coming back.

Sure why not?

What ever happened to your impact reveiws Sam? You used to be so beautiful

What are you, Samuel L. Jackson in Jackie Brown? I saw that movie recently. S'why I bring it up.

But you can probably blame the crybaby "Sam, how dare you phrase your valid criticisms in a more than entirely literal, impersonal way!?" brigade for that one.

TNA looking to tap into those rabid, original ECW fans who will argue that Tazz vs Bam Bam Bigelow and Sabu vs Sandman were better matches than Rock/Austin, HHH/Cactus Jack, Angle/Benoit and HBK/Undertaker combined...

Yeah, this will end well

What are you, Samuel L. Jackson in Jackie Brown? I saw that movie recently. S'why I bring it up.

But you can probably blame the crybaby "Sam, how dare you phrase your valid criticisms in a more than entirely literal, impersonal way!?" brigade for that one.

Since when did you care what crybabies have to say?

Барбоса;2220944 said:
TNA looking to tap into those rabid, original ECW fans who will argue that Tazz vs Bam Bam Bigelow and Sabu vs Sandman were better matches than Rock/Austin, HHH/Cactus Jack, Angle/Benoit and HBK/Undertaker combined...

Yeah, this will end well

hey hey now, that match WAS fucking awesome

I try to give TNA the benefit of the doubt most of the time, but this....ugh. It just pisses me off.

Sam seems to have caught a stray bullet in a section vs. section civil war.

Get Becca in a corset and we might have something here.

Get NorCal in a corset and we definitely have something.

Since they were 95% of what populated one section. WWE's where it's at, son. Unfortunately, WWE is quite good right now. Leaves me low on material.

You called me son. Although I don't feel as if you are referring to me as your offspring. Shame, I'd accept it.

WWE is where it is at. Hence my Raw Talent sig.

Again, you are going to care about them? Because they can't handle how well you shove the truth up their asses. I'd keep doing it to piss them off. However I can't find the energy to watch TNA. I'm either out with friends or watching something of relevance.

Again, you are going to care about them? Because they can't handle how well you shove the truth up their asses. I'd keep doing it to piss them off. However I can't find the energy to watch TNA. I'm either out with friends or watching something of relevance.

I delivered my witticisms with such validity that TNA moved iMPACT! to Saturday nights and moved pay-per-views to a different service altogether. I'm also banned from house shows after what I did to Dixie Carter at the last one.

Early 60s Hawks games?

No, unfortunately. 2010 White Sox games. Oh, and replays of the 2010 Blackhawks playoff games.

I delivered my witticisms with such validity that TNA moved iMPACT! to Saturday nights and moved pay-per-views to a different service altogether. I'm also banned from house shows after what I did to Dixie Carter at the last one.

So that's why they get butthurt with your posts. Why didn't I guess that?

Yeah... Totally argued this with IDR in the TNA Section, and hos they won't bring in any good workers to save the program. He wouldn't give up, and said none of it would matter, because as long as the Nostalgia is there, it can be succesful. I'll just post my reply.

Man.... I'm not even going to bother replying to the whole thing. Not because I'm conceding anything, but for the sheer fact that, throughout this entire post, this is the image I think of what your replies have become.

funny-pictures-beaver-cant-hear-you.jpg

Granted, you're not a sea otter, but you're basically pulling the same stunt. You refuse to acknowledge that the WWE had something on the card that TNA can't bring in, or for that matter, won't bring in; workers to actuallt work decent matches.

Your theory of nostalgia? Pure and utter bullshit. Absolute shit. I have an event that I remember quite well, that was based off nostalgia, too. Wanna know what it's called? It was called Heroes of Wrestling, and happened in 1999. The promoter of that event brought all old names of the past, who couldn't work anymore. Humorously enough, he also brought in two of the names you just offered, in Abdullah The Butcher, and 2 Cold Scorpio. Which, by the way, Abdullah never had anything to do with Extreme Championship Wrestling, which really makes me question if you've ever watched a god damn show from ECW. Anyway, the promoter brought in all these names, who couldn't work anymore, and he banked that people would buy it, based on nostalgia.

Simply put, they didn't. Not only is it reagarded at the worst television show in wrestling history, it didn't draw anyone at all. The result was clear; that offering nostalgia in doses is nice, but you have to offer something of substance to wrestling fans, for them to buy it. Wrestling fans aren't idiot, in spite of what you may believe, and in fact, know a good product from a bad product. And if you really believe that fans are going to buy a product for the ECW name, and not be dissapointed when there are no good matches to be had, you're even more hopeless than I assume. Nostalgia works, when you have something of substance to include it with. WWE had nostalgia, as well as good workers to wrestle matches, and keep fans from being upset.

You, on the other hand, are offering that it's perfectly fine for a company to offer shit wrestling, as long as there is nostalgia. I reference you, sir, to the sea otter above.

People still haven't explained this whole ECW craze to me. I'm guessing it's both recent and highly relevant though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back