Another Big Comment Spoilers

Maybe it was for some fans but not for me, frankly I don't care to see Hogan or Sting anymore, they are both legends but I'm one of those guys who like to remember these guys when they were great, IMO both should have retired long ago.
Hogan and Sting weren't the only one's on the PPV. The whole show was full of solid matches. Which is why I got the PPV. Because I expected those matches. People seem so twisted on this idea of major things happening only on PPV, but when it's done, people still whine. You know, 10/10/10, Anderson beating Hardy at Genesis and so on.

I agree the building pieces should be on TV but the payoff should happen on PPV, that's the point of a payoff. Having 2 title changes in 2 weeks on free TV proves that the big moments are on TV. The TV moments are much bigger than the PPV moments in TNA from what I've seen over the last year and a half.
Who said that the results from this week were the blow-off?

You do know that Storm isn't the number 1 contender anymore, right? It's possible that they could further their feud with an interference or something along those lines but it just seems to have ended all of a sudden. It's a shame. A long Christian-Orton style, Roode-Storm feud would probably make me watch TNA.
Just because they stopped taping, doesn't mean the feuds over. Storm was taken out of action by Roode. That kinda screams "revenge".

Hogan and Sting weren't the only one's on the PPV. The whole show was full of solid matches. Which is why I got the PPV. Because I expected those matches. People seem so twisted on this idea of major things happening only on PPV, but when it's done, people still whine. You know, 10/10/10, Anderson beating Hardy at Genesis and so on.

Who said that the results from this week were the blow-off?

Once again I can watch solid matches on FREE TV, I don't need to buy a PPV for good matches. I can watch good matches anywhere if I have more emotional investment in the free TV show then why buy the PPV, its a pretty simple concept.

I'm also not talking about others I'm talking about what I think and I defended 10/10/10 because at least it was a payoff and I was intrigued to see if Hardy could be a good heel or not.

Also 4 out of the last 5 Title changes were on free TV, not on PPV, you shouldn't be giving big moments away like that constantly on free TV its the easiest thing in the world to understand. The moments you give on TV should make you WANT to buy a PPV, how does Storm winning the title on TV make me want to watch a PPV?

Here's an idea, when Roode became #1 contender tonight how about you actually BUILD the match to the next PPV. You make people want to see the match, maybe even tease the Roode heel turn then at the PPV, BAM Roode turns heel and wins the title. If you rush shit like this then things become convoluted and it makes it harder to be emotionally invested in it. Now the. only have 1 week to build their next PPV.

From Storms title win to Roodes heel turn they blew through about 3 months of storyline in 2 weeks, that's fucking stupid.

Once again I can watch solid matches on FREE TV, I don't need to buy a PPV for good matches. I can watch good matches anywhere if I have more emotional investment in the free TV show then why buy the PPV, its a pretty simple concept.

I'm also not talking about others I'm talking about what I think and I defended 10/10/10 because at least it was a payoff and I was intrigued to see if Hardy could be a good heel or not.

Also 4 out of the last 5 Title changes were on free TV, not on PPV, you shouldn't be giving big moments away like that constantly on free TV its the easiest thing in the world to understand. The moments you give on TV should make you WANT to buy a PPV, how does Storm winning the title on TV make me want to watch a PPV?

Here's an idea, when Roode became #1 contender tonight how about you actually BUILD the match to the next PPV. You make people want to see the match, maybe even tease the Roode heel turn then at the PPV, BAM Roode turns heel and wins the title. If you rush shit like this then things become convoluted and it makes it harder to be emotionally invested in it. Now the. only have 1 week to build their next PPV.

From Storms title win to Roodes heel turn they blew through about 3 months of storyline in 2 weeks, that's fucking stupid.

You there! Stop right there! Stop using logic and reason to defend your opinions! You racist sonofabitch!

So Roode smashing a bottle on Storm's head and screwing him out of his title isn't building up to a major PPV rematch?

You know what? I'm cutting it right there before I get a migraine. I enjoy it, and that's really all I give a shit about. Call me when you remember how to enjoy a show.

So Roode smashing a bottle on Storm's head and screwing him out of his title isn't building up to a major PPV rematch?

You know what? I'm cutting it right there before I get a migraine. I enjoy it, and that's really all I give a shit about. Call me when you remember how to enjoy a show.

Good idea, you aren't gonna win this battle so its best to walk away now.

PS. If they were patient they could have built their first PPV match, had the heel turn AT the PPV, then built another rematch from there. Its crazy what patience can get you.

Is this airing on Nov. 3rd? Oddly enough, I'll be at a TNA house show that night. Hmm...
Make sure you post results and a detailed account of your live event experience where I can see it. If not, just stop by the Saunter thread and let me know how it was. I'm going to the show on the sixth and am interested in knowing whether or not Hardy, Daniels, Roode, Aries, and other fun unadvertised guys are working that series of house shows.

Make sure you post results and a detailed account of your live event experience where I can see it. If not, just stop by the Saunter thread and let me know how it was. I'm going to the show on the sixth and am interested in knowing whether or not Hardy, Daniels, Roode, Aries, and other fun unadvertised guys are working that series of house shows.

I'm interested as well. Outside of the advertised guys (Hardy, Anderson, RVD, Jarrett), I have no idea who will be there. I'm hoping for Roode and Storm, obviously.

Good idea, you aren't gonna win this battle so its best to walk away now.

PS. If they were patient they could have built their first PPV match, had the heel turn AT the PPV, then built another rematch from there. Its crazy what patience can get you.

What for? So people can bitch about another PPV ending with a screwjob finish?

What for? So people can bitch about another PPV ending with a screwjob finish?

Is a screwjob finish really a big deal if it gives a payoff like Roode turning heel, Roode becoming champion and fuels the fire for the next how many months of storytelling? (was turning the Rock heel at Survivor Series '98 a bad thing?)

Screwjob finishes aren't a bad thing when they are done correctly and if you build Storm up enough he can win at another PPV down the road (or maybe Roode keeps the title clean).

The point is to get people to be invested in the storyline and if they are drag it out as long as you can before it gets stale, that way you can get PPV buys from the match for multiple months in a row instead of just one or 2.

If they waited they could have got buys from November, December and maybe January and February if they played their cards right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back