• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion **KEEP IT IN HERE**

Of course Heyman is going to be in the Hall of Fame. He was the owner of ECW, Manager of the Dangerous Alliance in WCW. The way you ask the question is like if you would ask if the sun is going to rise tomorrow. Unless Heyman does something drastic a la Chris Benoit, there is no way in hell he is not going to the Hall of Fame

Should he?: Yes he is one of the greatest promoters and minds to ever grace the busniness. He led one of the most nfluentual companys of all time in ECW.

Will he?: Unless he reconicles with Vince then no. They had a really bad falling out based around the December 2 Dismember PPV and the way ECW was going at the time he left.

It's been obvious for years that WWE has no criteria set in place for being in the hall of fame. You could debate for days on wrestlers who should be in and wrestlers who are in and shouldn't be. Nevertheless,Sunny absolutely deserves her spot in the HOF. You can't talk about WWE in the mid nineties without mentioning her in some capacity. And that's what any hall of fame is about: the inductee's contributions to their industry. Not how many people they slept with or lines of coke they snorted.

Should he?: Yes he is one of the greatest promoters and minds to ever grace the busniness. He led one of the most nfluentual companys of all time in ECW.

Will he?: Unless he reconicles with Vince then no. They had a really bad falling out based around the December 2 Dismember PPV and the way ECW was going at the time he left.

Well maybe you are right, but things change so he could be invited to the hall of fame and join it if he wants. There was a thread about the hall of fame this week about people being blacklisted, and the only person mentioned by posters that would be banned forever is Chris Benoit for obvious reasons.

Will he?
Yes.

But only IF he accepts it because he could still not like Vince, so he might say no. Even if Vince hates you, you still have a good chance of going in. I think its just a matter of Paul saying yes or no.

Yes he will but I see it happening 5-10yrs down the line. I doubt Vince want another person excepting the honor than working for another company like Flair and Hogan. Only way it will happen any sooner is if he is under contact but other than that Vince will wait until he is a past time in to the wrestling world

Heyman should definitely be put into the Hall of Fame. He left an imprint on all of wrestling. In NWA, WCW, WWE, and with his own company ECW. Paul Heyman is one of the greatest minds this business has ever seen.

However, due to his strained relationship with Vince, I doubt we will see that day. But in all honesty, and this is my humble opinion, not having Paul Heyman in the Hall isn't a bad reflection on Heyman, but on the Hall itself.

Does he deserve it? Hell yeah! Everyone knows his accomplishments in the wrestling biz, so I won't list them again.

Will he get in? Not likely. There's still a lot of bad blood between Vince and Paul, plus Stephanie never liked him at all (probably because he's a better writer than she'll ever be).

Drew Carey has been announced to the celebrity wing of the WWE HALL OF FAME on WWE.com

The only thing I could remember of him in wrestling was his mini feud with KANE.
Carey entered the 2001 Royal Rumble before eliminating himself to escape from Kane.

I like Drew Carey, do you like him in the HOF?

Meh. I liked Drew's show and all, but he hasn't done a huge amount of stuff w/WWE from what I remember. I think they just wanted a celebrity to throw in there to be honest. I don't really think I have an opinion one way or another. He could be there, he couldn't be there, I'm not upset or excited either way...

I think this is a horrible pick. Sure he was in the 01 Rumble but honestly, he didn't do much else. I know that Vince hate's the vaguest reminder of WCW but how about Dennis Rodman? He had a HUGE impact with the nWo and helped push WCW into the mainstream and really helped with the dismantling of the WWF back in the day. Induct him! It'd be quite interesting!

I think this is a horrible pick. Sure he was in the 01 Rumble but honestly, he didn't do much else. I know that Vince hate's the vaguest reminder of WCW but how about Dennis Rodman? He had a HUGE impact with the nWo and helped push WCW into the mainstream and really helped with the dismantling of the WWF back in the day. Induct him! It'd be quite interesting!

I agree mostly Carey isn't deserving.He had such a small inpact on anything during his time in WWF.
I think Mike Tyson would be my choice. He was the main attraction for the headline match of Wrestle mania as special enforcer for the Austin Micheals match. His swerve is a very memorable moment of mine.

Yeah they needed to put Drew Carrey in. God forbid they would've put in guys like Arn Anderson and The Fabulous Freebirds, who are all coincidentally Georgia heroes. Yup Drew Carrey was the pick...

Seriously though...the HOF induction should've looked like this:
HBK Shawn Michaels
Arn Anderson
The Fabulous Freebirds
Abdullah The Butcher
The Road Warriors
Bullet Bob Armstrong
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Sunny

BTW anyone notice that the HOF will be in Miami next year??? Any one want to call The Rock as the headliner right now? Fine, I will.

I bet Drew Carey won't show up for the award.

Personally, I think its a damn shame that Mr. T has been overlooked for all these years, for induction in the WWE HOF. Participating in the main event of the first WrestleMania, Mr. T was the epitome of this celebrity/wrestling clash, Vince was looking to create with this event. Does anyone know why Vince continues this friction between the WWE and Mr. T??

FUTURE CELEBRITY HOF's
Mr. T
Limp Bizkit
Mike Tyson
Lawrence Taylor

I think inducting Drew carey is dumb even if he is going in the Celebrity "wing" of the HOF. I think they tried inducting Mr. T a few years ago, but he turned it down (which in my opinion makes the WWE HOF stupid and almost useless, when people can turn down an induction).

I also thought this HOF was suppose to be Atlanta / WCW heavy, but so far the only two that are being inducted that have any real ties to the georgia area are Bullet Bob and Adullah. I am wondering how many other people turned down the invite and that is why it is not as WCW heavy as we all expected

This is a slap in the face to guys like Brett Hart, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair ect.
Guys who worked hard to be in the Hall Of Fame are now joined by Drew Carry

Guess we can say the Hall Of Fame is fake now too

I can understand Pete Rose in in having his mini-feud with Kane at WM's 14, 15, and 16, but Drew Carey is just a ridiculous choice for a celebrity pick into this year's HoF as he was just a surprise entrant in the 2001 Royal Rumble and did absolutely nothing in that and absolutely nothing to merit a HoF induction.

Personally, I think its a damn shame that Mr. T has been overlooked for all these years, for induction in the WWE HOF. Participating in the main event of the first WrestleMania, Mr. T was the epitome of this celebrity/wrestling clash, Vince was looking to create with this event. Does anyone know why Vince continues this friction between the WWE and Mr. T??

FUTURE CELEBRITY HOF's
Mr. T

Mr T turned down the oppourtunity to go into the Hall of Fame. He didn't agree with the fact they inducted Pete Rose into the Hall of Fame when he didn't even wrestle. And the fact that T was insulted by the fact they inducted Pete Rose into the Hall of Fame before they even offered it to Mr T who was in the main events of the first 2 Wrestlemanias

Video of him speaking of his time in wrestling and hall of fame here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj1HGTREu7I

FUTURE CELEBRITY HOF's
Mr. T
Limp Bizkit
Mike Tyson
Lawrence Taylor

mr t rejected the hof because he said pete rose is in it there a interview somewere i seen he said this in look it up m8

Mr T turned down the oppourtunity to go into the Hall of Fame. He didn't agree with the fact they inducted Pete Rose into the Hall of Fame when he didn't even wrestle. And the fact that T was insulted by the fact they inducted Pete Rose into the Hall of Fame before they even offered it to Mr T who was in the main events of the first 2 Wrestlemanias

Video of him speaking of his time in wrestling and hall of fame here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj1HGTREu7I

Thanks for this. I love Mr. T, but that's a silly excuse for not being involved with the WWE. Its a great honor for his accomplishment. No grudge is worth missing out on this bestowal.

Thanks for this. I love Mr. T, but that's a silly excuse for not being involved with the WWE. Its a great honor for his accomplishment. No grudge is worth missing out on this bestowal.

I just watched the video. Mr.T was very funny. I think he is being absurd being hurt by Rose going in first. The honor should have been enough.

Why is this happening again? What happened to Arn Anderson, Abby the Butcher, Ron Simmons, and the Road Warriors? Drew Carey doesn't even deserve to be in a celebrity hall of fame, much less a wrestling one. So I guess if you wrestled a Royal Rumble match ten years ago, you can be in the hall of fame?

So in ten years Snooki could be in the HOF because she hosted Raw? This is ridiculous. I didn't understand why Bob Eucker or Pete Rose were in the HOF, but at least they have contributed something to the WWE. Drew Carey was there long enough for a cup of coffee.

Chill the fuck out people. It's just the Celebrity Wing of the Hall, it's just for fun. It's not like it's a legitimate acknowledgment that they actually accomplished something during their time in the WWE, it's just for shits and giggles.

For fuck's sake, you people really need to stop taking everything so damn seriously.

I dislike the celebrity wing for the most part. But if they were going to do it why not have Mr. T, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, L.T.

I know wrestling is fake but they should at least give it to the main players in the business before celebs.

Pete Rose, Bob Uecker, Drew Carey are in the Hall of Fame before such people as:

"Macho Man" Randy Savage, Sting, The Ultimate Warrior, The Undertaker, Bruno Sammartino, The Road Warriors, Demolition, Rick Rude, Bam Bam Bigelow, The Honky Tonk Man, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Abdullah The Butcher, The Steiner Brothers & many more that deserve it.

Chill the fuck out people. It's just the Celebrity Wing of the Hall, it's just for fun. It's not like it's a legitimate acknowledgment that they actually accomplished something during their time in the WWE, it's just for shits and giggles.

For fuck's sake, you people really need to stop taking everything so damn seriously.

Seriously.

It's for a special attraction, and a fun break from wrestler inductions in the ceremony. Drew Carey's Rumble spot was very entertaining, and Drew Carey himself is awesome. I'm cool with him going into the HoF. I mean, I know there are other celebrities who did more for WWE (Mr. T), but who didn't love Whose Line or the Drew Carey Show? I can't wait for his induction speech, it's sure to be hilarious.

Honestly, why make such a huge whiny deal about the celebrity wing, people? If a celebrity gets inducted yearly, they might as well make them entertaining ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back