• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Hall Of Fame 2017 Speculation (Keep it in here!!!!)

Personally I would like to see Owen Hart inducted by his brother Bret. I understand that his wife may still be angry and hurt but I think she should be honored to have Owen listed among so many greats

Personally I would like to see Owen Hart inducted by his brother Bret. I understand that his wife may still be angry and hurt but I think she should be honored to have Owen listed among so many greats

Martha probaly would allow a hall of fame induction if she didn't have to sign a wwe legends contract for Owens likeness.

It is my understanding she does not want Vince profiting off figures etc based on Owen in any way.

Martha probaly would allow a hall of fame induction if she didn't have to sign a wwe legends contract for Owens likeness.

It is my understanding she does not want Vince profiting off figures etc based on Owen in any way.

The last i've heard about this situation was that martha doesn'T want anything to do with wrestling and doesn'T want her children to know that owen's was a wrestler. That what Bret told when aske about it in a interview he did last year.

The situation might have change since then but as much as we want owen to get inducted and the harts wants owen to get inducted, it really doesn't matter until MArtha signs off on this and for somebody that wasn'T a wrestling fan to begin with and lost her husband to the business that she hated, it kinda understandable that she want this part of owen's life erase for their history and has much as it pains me to write this, it would take a miracle for owen to actually be inducted to the hall of fame.

I actually clicked on this post to address Rick Martel, but I see that several people have done so. I'm glad to see the support. I know he was a champion in and out of WWF before I was first introduced to him (as half of the Can-Ams), but based solely on what I actually saw for myself, he was a very entertaining performer. The Model was a heel that could get under your skin, yet also be the butt of jokes and not look like a fool. Very entertaining.

I also saw Hillbilly Jim mentioned. I loved him as a kid. Just a pure face who really entertained the kids and the crowds. Never a champ and hardly an oversight there, but I always thought of him fondly. I am one of the minority who thinks such things can merit a Hall of Fame induction--which is why I have no problem with Koko's membership.

That being said, I feel Brutus Beefcake entertained people to a level that would qualify him for this Hall of Fame. I could reference accomplishments like his tag team title reign and him being the first to pin Mr. Perfect clean (on TV anyway). But titles mean more to other people than they do to me. I look at the way the fans loved this guy from late 87 to maybe 1992. He had a few near misses with an IC belt run, but the guy was over! He is a punch line these days with his long list of failed gimmicks and his riding Hulk's coattails. Locker room politics can be left for other people to discuss. I just saw what the Barber did for crowds and the guy was HOT! Merchandise, his entrance music--people were into this guy for a long time.

Jacques Rougeau is another who had a short IC run and was never a main event guy, but always had good heat--from him and Raymond waving little USA flags as they moved from Canada, to the Mountie, to the Quebecers. Nothing amazing, just very solid piece of the roster for a long time.

I don't feel you have to have tons of titles and 5-star matches to be in the Hall of Fame. I think you need to have mattered. Ultimate Warrior was a quickie. Tito Santana was around for a long time. There are different ways to contribute and I think Martel, Beefcake and Rougeau would be three guys who don't get as much hype as Owen, Bulldogs, Demolition, etc. but would still belong in the Hall of Fame.

kinda of agree with jacques rougeau even through having meet him on several occasion, not of big fan of the man but he was talented for what he needed to be. When you look at is career in WWE, 3 times WWE tag team champions (4 if you count the one he one in a live event inmontreal with his brothers before the decision got change) former ic champ. Plus let not forget is biggest moment of his career, beating Hulk Hogan clean on a live show in montreal which got him fired from WCW.

Personally, i actually love is brother Raymond more then him because he was more talented then jacques ever was plus he's a way nicer guy outside the ring then jacques but i really doubt they would inducted both into the hall of fame which would be sad because both deserve to be in the hall of fame alongside jacques second partner as part of the quebecers, Pierre Carl oueillet.

She will be so honoured that there will be most likely a very nasty lawsuit coming the WWE's way shortly after any announcement of Owen Hart going in. Martha Hart has stated that she wants nothing to do with the WWE ever again, and she doesn't want her husbands name to have anything to do with it either. Now while it's kind of impossible for his name not to be involved, the WWE is not allowed in her eyes of bringing it up.

The only way for him to be inducted right now I believe is if the Hart Dynasty is inducted as a group. But as an individual wrestler, he will not go in until her death or his children somehow make her change her mind. It's a shame but considering the way he died, her wishes should be respected. I think the WWE has done everything they can to do so.

Just want to mention something else about Rick Martel. If you watch some of his pre Model stuff you will notice that Rick Martel was a really good babyface as well. And I speak mainly in ring babyface work. Check out his early stuff. Pretty solid.

She will be so honoured that there will be most likely a very nasty lawsuit coming the WWE's way shortly after any announcement of Owen Hart going in. Martha Hart has stated that she wants nothing to do with the WWE ever again, and she doesn't want her husbands name to have anything to do with it either. Now while it's kind of impossible for his name not to be involved, the WWE is not allowed in her eyes of bringing it up.

The only way for him to be inducted right now I believe is if the Hart Dynasty is inducted as a group. But as an individual wrestler, he will not go in until her death or his children somehow make her change her mind. It's a shame but considering the way he died, her wishes should be respected. I think the WWE has done everything they can to do so.

I think you mean the hart foundation, because other than Natalya the hart dynasty will never be hall of fame material.

Wrestlinginc.com is reporting that a current WWE employee will be getting the nod this year and said employee is NXT GM William Regal. Aside from Diamond Dallas Page and Ravishing Rick Rude, Regal is reported to be the third all but guaranteed lock. The site is also reporting that rumored names for this year's class include Christian, Mike Rotunda and the Natural Disasters.

I always enjoyed Regal and thought he was undervalued for much of his career. As far as accolades go, the guy was basically a definitive mid-card star. In WCW, he held the WCW World Television Championship 4 times while in WWE, he held the Hardcore Championship 5 times, the European Championship 4 times, the Intercontinental Championship 2 times, the World Tag Team Championship 4 times and won King of the Ring back in 2008. I see either Triple H or Daniel Bryan inducting Regal; Regal has basically been Triple H's right hand man in NXT, especially when it comes to scouting talent, but I think Bryan would be able to give a more emotional speech given the long friendship he's had with Regal since he was a wide eyed, smooth faced kid just breaking into the business.

Rotunda is another guy that's been a mid-card and tag team staple during the 80s to the mid 90s. He was one of the last big stars in the Championship Wrestling from Florida territory before Crockett bought it out, he did the whole Varsity Club stable in Crockett Promotions/WCW and he was Irwin R. Schyster in the WWF. Among his accolades were 3 NWA Florida Heavyweight, 2 NWA Southern Heavyweight and 4 NWA United States Tag Team Championships while wrestling in Florida, 3 time NWA World Television Champion, 5 time WWF Tag Team Champion, 1 time NWA World Tag Team Champion and winning All Japan's World's Strongest Tag Team League tournament with Dr. Death Steve Williams.

The Natural Disasters may be a couple of guys who'll get griped about if they go in. There's almost always at least one or two every year, though I'd say Typhoon will catch the most crap as he's best known for the infamous, and highly embarrassing, Shockmaster incident. Neither of these two strike me as greats or really even goods in the business but, then again, not everyone can be Hulk Hogan.

Personally i would have prefer to have only Earthquake get inducted but if they this is they way that he gets the recognition he deserve then so be it in my opinion. The natural disasters weren't a remarkable team but they we're still a good team for the short time they have been together. Earthquake by himself had some great feud with guys like Hogan, Duggan, warrior and jake the snake roberts. Plus he had that great sumo match with yokozuna near the end of his career in WWE. Typhoon was another story in my opinion. The guy was a good big man but never really amounted to anything. Between Tugboat,typhoon and the shockmaster, nothing really click for him really and that sad. The only reason fans remembers him it's either because of him falling on his face when he debut as the shockmaster or for riding Earthquake'S co-tail as part of the natural disasters. So if this happens, i'm glad it happens because Earthquake should have been inducted long ago but again, why has part of this team when he did so much more as a single wrestler.

As far as the rest of the rumored list, Regal deserves it i believe, I.R.S. also. Christian will he deserves it feel out of place with the rest of those guys in my opinion. Nothing against him but how of the whole list, he's the guy that i would have waited to inducted and put somebody like Vader or Luger in his place and have christian in the hall of fame when they have more wrestlers from his era getting inducted because if they inducted him right now, he will stick out like a sore thump. Again nothing against him but why not wait until you inducted daniel bryan into the hall of fame, those 2 being in the same class would be a better visual, then having him with a class of old timers like the one that is rumored to have this year.

DDP - A great choice. A huge WCW name and the help he has given former talent is just fantastic!

Rick Rude - Long overdue! Had a feeling he'd be going in this year. Re-watching his WCW run. Loved his feud with Dustin Rhodes!

Vader - Again, a huge WCW name and multiple Title holder. One of my favourite Heels.

Demolition - One of the most recognisable Tag Teams of the 80s/early 90s. Eadie and Darsow were great workers in their own right too.

Rock & Roll Express - One of the greatest Tag Teams of all time. They could change their style to suit any set of opponents and it's always a thrill to watch their matches.

Magnum TA - Why hasn't this happened yet? One the best talent's of the 80s and a great draw for Mid-Atlantic.

Great Muta - Again, overdue. Not only a phenomenal talent, but one of the Japanese names 'casual' fans would recognise.

Kevin Sullivan - People have various opinions about his time as a booker, but he was a fantastic heel and a great talent in the ring.

Baron Von Rashke - A huge name for the AWA and a great heel. Also an NWA TV & Tag Team champion.

Sullivan will never ever go in... Same as the luger situation where they don't want to bring attention to the way there former partner died...

Even tho liz should have been inducted with savage.

In the end, no disrespect for the guy that suggested Bret Hart as his inductor but their no real connection between the 2 outside the fact that they we're in the same company in the 80's. Normally the always go with somebody that is link to the guy in some way.

Bret Hart was a close friend of Rudes.
On Brets profile DVD there is a section where he talks about some of the guys in wrestling who have passed away, he actually breaks down when he speaks about Rude.
Rude famously quit the WWE and appeared in Nitro the same day as (pre-taped) Raw, he quit in protest about what happened to Hart at Montreal.
In Brets autobiography he again speaks very highly of Rude.

To a man, they ALL speak very highly of Rick Rude.

There were 4 deceased guys I felt should go in before anyone else... Bossman is now in... Rude this year is great. Just leaves Davey Boy and Brian Pillman who should really go in.

I'm hearing Natural Disasters for this year which to me is a big "meh" when there are other teams that could go in like The Bulldogs (never while Tommy is alive) Hart Foundation, Money Inc. The Rougeaus (probably not cos of the Bulldogs thing) and The Powers of Pain. I get the sense it's more a way to get 2 dead guys in - as they still have Fred Ottman.

Not saying Quake doesn't deserve it... but not above the other deceased guys I mentioned (and Owen of course) and there are other teams who deserve it more, even with the 2 titles The Disasters won.

John tents should absolutely be in on his own merits.

However why in any universe should shock master/tugboat be inducted for any reason?

I just got the announcement on my phone from the WWE app, but Kurt Angle is set to be inducted this year.

Kurt has long been one of my favorite wrestlers, so this is great news. I have been hoping for a retirement tour for Kurt for some time now, so this is great news indeed, even if he will only be back for the HoF ceramony.

I hope this is in the right place?

It's just been confirmed on the WWE UK twitter page. Kurt Angle is being inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame 2017!

I just got the announcement on my phone from the WWE app, but Kurt Angle is set to be inducted this year.

Kurt has long been one of my favorite wrestlers, so this is great news. I have been hoping for a retirement tour for Kurt for some time now, so this is great news indeed, even if he will only be back for the HoF ceramony.

Dammit Yaz, I literally just saw this announcement about 30 seconds ago. I wanted to post it!!!!!! *sniffle sniffle*

At any rate though, Angle is probably gonna be the headliner for this year's class and rightly so. Even though he hasn't been in WWE for more than a decade, he still did strong work in TNA and his work in WWE was among the company's highlights during the Attitude Era through the mid 2000s.

This is shaping up to be a very strong class, though I'm waiting for the announcement of the celebrity inductee so that someone can start bitching about how that delegitimizes the HOF somehow despite those who're going in it and those who're already in it.

Really surprise about this to be telling you the truth, i never thought that i would see Angle get inducted into the Hall Of fame. I'm kinda of guessing they probably wanted Goldberg to be the headliner for this year but when he agreed to do more dates they had to find somebody else and angle became the guy which i think is great because even with all his personal problems that he dealt with since leaving WWE, he still deserve to be recognize for his time in wwe.

Now that WWE are inducting one wrestler a year that TNA inducted into their hall of fame. And they seems to inducted them in order. So next year, it's going to be the dudley boyz time to get inducted and in 2 years, Jeff Jarrett and earl hebner.

I have to say this is quite a surprise.

When the rumored list of names came out I was excited, but one thing that was missing was a true headliner. I was wondering if that was it or if we were gonna get one. Now that we have, I have to say this is shaping up to be perhaps my favorite class ever.

There's no surprise that Angle goes in. Maybe the surprise is that it happens in 2017. The big question is wether or not he wrestles a match. Ric Flair and possibly a few others have wrestled post-induction. I'm pretty sure Flair was the only active wrestler.

Basically the induction doesn't necessarily mean he won't wrestle. Undertaker and Goldberg are basically the same age as Kurt, give or take a year. We won't see Angle wrestle full time. I doubt the induction means he will never wrestle in WWE, but you have to think it casts a little bit of doubt on the situation.

Who inducts Angle? Lesnar was one of his biggest adversaries therefore would be quite fitting. Edge also comes to mind. Edge was behind the you suck chant and during Angle's theme. Most likely it's Triple H or Stephanie as they both had pretty big angles with Kurt early in his career.

Unexpected but very deserving recipient. As much interest as there is to see this induction, there is far more interest is seeing Kurt Angle in a WWE ring as a competitor. Angle may be pushing 50, but he has wrestled within the last three months. The HOF nod doesn't necessarily close the door though. We may yet see Angle wrestle for WWE again.

There's a report via PWInsider.com that Beth Phoenix is expected to be inducted this year as well.

Beth Phoenix is one of the female wrestlers in WWE that you wish had been born circa 1990 so that she could be part of a strong, relevant women's wrestling scene like WWE finally has either on the main roster or in NXT. During her roughly 6 years on the main roster before retiring in late 2012, she was one of the only small handful of women wrestlers on the roster that didn't make you feel embarrassed at watching. She was a 3 time Women's and 1 time Divas Champion; her 3 Women's Championship runs totaled 367 days while her Divas Championship run made it past 200 days, which would ordinarily sound impressive but not really when you consider this was truly during the dark ages of women's wrestling in WWE.

However, WWE not seeing any value in women's wrestling at the time isn't her fault and she was one of the most dominant and memorable women in WWE.

I heard the Beth Phoenix report as well. You win this one JH lol.

It is a shame she came along when she did as opposed to being in her prime today. She was very competent in the ring. SHe could probably put on some solid matches with the gals going today.

KB metioned it elsewhere, and I agree, that while Beth was good, she doesn't scream Hall of Fame. Her run with WWE wasn't the longest and her most memorable moment was probably kissing Khali to eliminate him when she was the second woman to ever enter the Rumble. She seems more of a pick just to have an excuse to induct a woman each year.

To a man, they ALL speak very highly of Rick Rude.

There were 4 deceased guys I felt should go in before anyone else... Bossman is now in... Rude this year is great. Just leaves Davey Boy and Brian Pillman who should really go in.

I'm hearing Natural Disasters for this year which to me is a big "meh" when there are other teams that could go in like The Bulldogs (never while Tommy is alive) Hart Foundation, Money Inc. The Rougeaus (probably not cos of the Bulldogs thing) and The Powers of Pain. I get the sense it's more a way to get 2 dead guys in - as they still have Fred Ottman.

Not saying Quake doesn't deserve it... but not above the other deceased guys I mentioned (and Owen of course) and there are other teams who deserve it more, even with the 2 titles The Disasters won.

I don't understand the delay for the Bulldogs.

Davey Boy in particular wrestled for the WWE for the best part of 1985-2000 (bar a couples of hiatuses) and had so many high profile matches with the likes of Bret, Owen, Shawn Michaels.... Vader in WCW... and the Bulldogs tagteam legacy.
You might have a point about Dynamite though.... there might be concerns about wheeling him out in his failing condition.... and it would likely be too much for him to deliver a speech....though surely someone could accept on his behalf?

Like you the Natural Disasters doesn't particularly excite me. Their tag team title run wasn't very memorable.... though to his credit Earthquake did have a top liner run at Hogan in 1990.

Not to say that the Disasters don't deserve it.... just there are still some very clear omissions that are still being bypassed.
But we have this argument every year.

I don't understand the delay for the Bulldogs.

Davey Boy in particular wrestled for the WWE for the best part of 1985-2000 (bar a couples of hiatuses) and had so many high profile matches with the likes of Bret, Owen, Shawn Michaels.... Vader in WCW... and the Bulldogs tagteam legacy.
You might have a point about Dynamite though.... there might be concerns about wheeling him out in his failing condition.... and it would likely be too much for him to deliver a speech....though surely someone could accept on his behalf?

Like you the Natural Disasters doesn't particularly excite me. Their tag team title run wasn't very memorable.... though to his credit Earthquake did have a top liner run at Hogan in 1990.

Not to say that the Disasters don't deserve it.... just there are still some very clear omissions that are still being bypassed.
But we have this argument every year.

The bulldogs omissions is quite simple to explain, dynamite is still alive and has been a real asshole ever since he retired from wrestling so sadly they won't even try to induct him until he dies which mean that davey has to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back