• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion **KEEP IT IN HERE**

Im glad they finally decided to put the Road Warriors in the HOF. They are without a shadow of a doubt the greatest tag team of all time. Im not gonna put them on the level of Hogan or Flair, but at the time they were hot, they filled up the arenas just as much as any of the singles wrestlers did.

First the Road Warriors have always been the Legion of Doom. However the LOD was a bigger stable and the Road Warriors were just a part of the LOD.

Second the reason why it took so long was VKM felt that they deserved to headline the Hall of Fame. Which is why some guys are being positioned in certain order.

Warrior, Backlund, Sanmartino, The Rock, Lugar, are all being positioned to headline there own Hall of Fame class.

To the people posting that Drew Carey does'nt deserve to go in Hall Of Fame, he's not a wrestler, it's a huge waste of time, the Hall of Fame is a joke!

Here's something for you:

I have never understood why anyone, for any reason could be upset over anythingregarding the semantic mind-fuck known as the ''WWE Hall of Fame''. Nor have I understood why people get excited over inductees of any kind. There are so many facts about this topic that cause my mind to go into a Gordian Knot of pain...

1) Professional wrestlers are ACTORS... first and foremost above athlete, competitor (god forbid), & any other glorified label you would like to bestow upon them (e.g. - superstar).

2) A company has 'concocted' a hall of fame to celebrate ACTORS. Not athletes, not competitors (THE SPORT!) or "Superstars"... ACTORS.

3) This intangible hall of fame has no building, no facility, no edifice to herald these inductees/ACTORS in a physical manner to even regard them as important enough to begin with.

To even think that 'discussion' over erecting such a building devoted to a company's view of which ACTORS are worth discussing as better than others shouldn't be viewed as a positive, but more of a negative. It only furthers the image of WWE as the professional wrestling conglomerate and overlord.

I've always been very apathetic to the WWE Hall of Fame. Of course I have my internal debates on who should/shouldn't be in it, but in the end I must remind myself that this is an intangible hall of fame concocted by a professional wrestling company to celebrate the characters they created in order to take my money.

Your parents are Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, & the Tooth Fairy rolled into one.

I hear Sunny has a secret inductee. What are the odds on this being Bret Hart? Would be a nice nod to HBK wouldnt it?!!!

Bret Hart has even joked about the 'Sunny Days' incident in a interview a few weeks ago!

Draw Carey in the hall of fame? What a crock that is. Although it'd bad, at least David Arquette could argue he should be in there because he's a former world champion who's a fan of the business and has taken a few bumps.

You watch, next year they'll induct God into the hall of fame, seeing as he was gracious enough to team with HBK and put the McMahons over!

so i see that the kliq was at the hall of fame and it got me to thinking if wwe wasnt gonna make this hall of fame wcw theme then why not a new generation era them one you already had shawn and sunny why not

Kevin Nash

Scott Hall

bob backlund

bam bam bigelow

celebrity inductee lawrence taylor

This is pretty much the evuivalant of the Rock N Roll hall of fame. No matter the list of legends, there are FAR too many that don't deserve to SNIFF the hall, let alone be in it.

Run DMC? Madonna? The hell? And Rush, Iron Maiden, and KISS aren't? Thus ruining the credibility of that hall.

Same as the Wwe. And if ONE more person mentions that its fake, I'm sure we all know that, its a moot logic, the discussion is on the hall, and its inaccuracies.

Guys i wanted to know if THE ROCK was present in person at yesterday's Hall of fame? Because Ive heard rumors and genuinely feel that The Rock has had some Beef with HBK... so i guess thats why he didnt attend(He was in Atlanta as well). He didnt even mention the HoF in his twitter, normally he lets his fans know where he is and what he cooking.

I checked difft Wrestling forums and articles but cudnt find THE ROCK on the guest list for the 2011 Hall of fame

You feedback are appreciated. :icon_neutral:

the title says it all who will headline the hall.

i would love for it to be randy savage, since he was always billed from florida.

would also love jake the snake roberts, have always been a big fan of his.

and of course the honky tonk man, he would say some of the funniest shit once he got on that mic.

any thoughts on who else should get inducted.

I think Honky has done a pretty good job of burning bridges, which is funny cause he's a washed up piece of crap that no one cares about.

Snake would be cool, i wonder if he'd do it...

I think most fans would dream of Savage, myself included. I wonder if WWE and him are getting closer, one would think with AllStars and with the figures and DVD he might be coming back in the fold, we'll see in the coming months/year.

I personally think the most likely candidates are as follows:

1) Kevin Nash---he's around, was a big part of WWE, big time guy.

2)The Rock? A) They are in Miami. B) He's about to Main event wrestlemania, but is probably done after that. It wouldn't be the first time a hall of famer was inducted before retirement (Flair) and it just feels too damn perfect with Miami and the Rock buildup leading into it (on that note, I think Austin should induct him, just a thought....)

Rock? It is very possible and there is a chance that Taker gets inducted if he decides to call it a day at Wrestlemania XXVIII. There is a decent chance that the macho man gets inducted and Roberts retired recently didn't he? If so, then yes, he deserves a spot at the Hall Of Fame.

If the WWE keeps inducting people who are basically still active or just retired a year or 2 ago , then in the coming years the hall of fame is going to have nobody new to put in.

Look at flair , same year

HBK , the next year

Austin , still on raw

Jr and The king , still on raw

Bret , wrestled same year

I really wish there would be like a 5 year wait before you can go in. But id like to see Macho Man and Jake the snake headline it next year.

Vince is a piece of crap and doesn't care about the legends who made him a zillionare. The reason because the legends open about their drug use and care about the younger talent because they don't know shit and show no respect to legends. The number of legends i want to see in hall of fame is The Ultimate Warrior, The Undertaker, Paul Bearer, and Randy Savage

I agree that the Rock could certainly be a headliner for the 2012 HOF class. It does seem convenient that WM28 is in Miami and COULD indicate a Rock induction into the HOF.

As for Jake Roberts, I loved that guy and growing up he was my favorite wrestler. If he can prove to the WWE he's not going to make them look like a bunch of dumb a**es if they have him on the stage, he may have a shot at getting inducted. The problem with Jake is that you dont know if he's going to show up drunk, out of his mind on pills, or on some other kinda drug. I hope that he gets it together and ends up in the HOF though.

Savage is another guy that would be perfect for the HOF. I dont know what happened with him and Vince and we can all speculate til we are blue in the face, but it would be nice to have him in the HOF as well.

I could see Kevin Nash inducted someday... possibly next year depending on how reliable of an employee he proves to be. I dont see him as a headliner for a HOF class though

If the WWE keeps inducting people who are basically still active or just retired a year or 2 ago , then in the coming years the hall of fame is going to have nobody new to put in.

Look at flair , same year

HBK , the next year

Austin , still on raw

Jr and The king , still on raw

Bret , wrestled same year

I really wish there would be like a 5 year wait before you can go in. But id like to see Macho Man and Jake the snake headline it next year.

I believe Bret was inducted in 2006 and wasn't in the WWE ring again until 4 years later...

Plus Austin was barely on Raw, he comes and goes. It was just about perfect timing, with WM being in Texas that year.

In fact, Flair was/still is the only HOF inductee to be a current (at the time) wrestler in WWE.

But I agree, Macho Man needs to be the headliner next year. And Trish will be in there too, I believe.

Randy Savage
The Rock
Big Van Vader
The Nasty Boys
Paul Heyman
Sensational Sherri
Jim Johnson

Randy Savage should all ready be in. The build up with The Rock at mania plus the home town environment would make this perfect. It would be a big added draw to Mania. If the plan is to put Cena over than this will be a perfect way to do it by making Cena look strong while still paying respect for The Rock. Paul Heyman should really all ready be in too, great manager and built ecw, which the wwe now owns. Jim Johnson composed the majority of the memorable entrance themes for the last three decades.

Sensational Sherri

Sherris already in the HOF.

My list would be

Macho Man - Inducted by ???
Owen Hart - Inducted by Bret Hart
British Bulldog - Inducted by either D.H Smith or William Regal
Mike Rotondo (IRS) - Inducted by Ted Dibiase Sr
Alundra Blaze - Inducted by Trish Stratus
Rick Rude - Inducted by Bobby Heenan
Arn Anderson - Inducted by Tully Blanchard
Rick Martel - Inducted by Tito Santana
The Rougeau Brothers - Inducted by Jimmy Hart
Demoliton - Inducted by Mr Fuji

Yes i realised there are bigger names that deserve to be in there, but lets face it, realistically, you're not going to get 6 huge names going into the hof the same year, there will be 1 marquee name, a few medium - big names, and a few that people might not remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back