WWE Hall Of Fame 2017 Speculation (Keep it in here!!!!)

It's kinda weird how they announce all the wrestling nominees first this year, normally they would announce the celebrity inductee in the middle of all the others wrestling ones.

Personally, i would be happy if they wouldn't induct a celebrity this year and next week just announce who gets the warrior award and that it for the 2017 class which is a pretty strong class compared to what it was rumored a couple of months ago. But if they do decide to inducted a celebrity, i really hope that it'S going to be somebody that actually did something to help the WWE grow has a company. I would love to for them the either inducted Cyndi Lauper or Muhammad ali to the all of fame this year. I Think that without those 2 celebrities be involve in the first wrestlemania, WWE wouldn't be there today. They got peoples to watch and go to that show and in the process make it a success and the fact that neither one of them is in the hall of fame yet but arnold swartzenegger and drew carey are is a crime in my opinion.

Outside the box, I think Regis Philbin would be a worthy Hall of Fame inductee. He was a guest commentator and interviewer on screen at WrestleMania VII; but, he really helped bring WWF mainstream exposure by having superstars on his morning talk show. Regis is, or at least was, a big wrestling fan. I was first "introduced" to Regis when he had wrestlers on to hype WrestleMania III and my mom taped it for me while I was at school. 93,000...78,000...whatever the actual number is, a LOT of people went to see WrestleMania III and, though I don't mean to imply they wouldn't have shown up without Regis, the exposure he gave them on his national show definitely helped the product--back when it wasn't as accepted in all facets of pop culture (despite it being accepted in certain places like MTV, etc.)

Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Classy Freddie Blassie, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Rick Rude, Bobby Heenan, Mr. Perfect, The Genius, Undertaker, Paul Bearer, Diesel, Stone Cold--and I'm sure many others that I am not listing here--have all been on his show.

I don't know if Regis has kept up with the product or if he would be interested; but, based on his on-air contributions--both WWF programming and his nationally broadcast morning show--I think he truly helped WWF/E and would be a nice addition to the celebrity wing.

It's kinda weird how they announce all the wrestling nominees first this year, normally they would announce the celebrity inductee in the middle of all the others wrestling ones.

Personally, i would be happy if they wouldn't induct a celebrity this year and next week just announce who gets the warrior award and that it for the 2017 class which is a pretty strong class compared to what it was rumored a couple of months ago. But if they do decide to inducted a celebrity, i really hope that it'S going to be somebody that actually did something to help the WWE grow has a company. I would love to for them the either inducted Cyndi Lauper or Muhammad ali to the all of fame this year. I Think that without those 2 celebrities be involve in the first wrestlemania, WWE wouldn't be there today. They got peoples to watch and go to that show and in the process make it a success and the fact that neither one of them is in the hall of fame yet but arnold swartzenegger and drew carey are is a crime in my opinion.

I can't believe that Muhammad Ali isn't in the WWE HoF!

I never mentioned it before, because I just assumed that he was in.

Too bad he never got inducted before his death, but he probably would have had trouble giving a speech anyway, with his Parkinson's Disease. He wasn't the Ali that could charm a room like back in his younger days.

In fact, I think Ali should go in this year, since he died last year, and it would be a nice touch. How he has not got in before others is terribly wrong.

However, I have a bad feeling that the celebrity will be Floyd Mayweather. I hope I am wrong, and it turns out to be either Cyndi or Ali, who you rightly pointed out are the only two worthy who haven't been selected yet.

I don't think we are getting a celebrity this year... I was flipping thru the wrestlemanis magazine they just published, and it has a section on all of the hall of famers including rude, who was just announced.. But no mention of a celebrity.

WWE announced the 7th inductee, or the 8th if you count the R and R Express separately, earlier today and Ravishing Rick Rude will officially take his place in the HOF. A bit of a bonus was announced in that Ricky the Dragon Steamboat will be his inductor.

Rude was one of the more memorable heels of the 80s and first half of the 90s. The whole "striptease" bit he did before his matches was always a lot of fun and the guy did have a fantastic build, which made it all the easier to hate him. Steamboat inducting him is a nice touch as it's always cool to see the Dragon, though it's also kinda sad considering Rude's son, only 19 years old, died in a motorcycle accident so it'll be a bittersweet thing for his widow I'm sure.

Most interesting part of his video was that they seemingly are recognising him now as an official World Champion as the Big Gold Belt wasn't the official title at the time... that's a cool move on their part that they don't need to do.

They named the Warrior award winner, so that probably means that there will be no celebrity this year. They usually would have named them by now.

This could mean:-

1) It is a massive announcement. Maybe it is Ali, and they are going to make a big deal about it, so kept his announcement until last, since Ali passed last year, they might go the extra mile on his induction, or maybe they have to wait for his estate to approve it.

2) They are scrapping adding to the Celebrity Wing. If so, shame that Lauper and Ali didn't go in. I would have included them, maybe Andy Kaufmann, and then closed the door on it, because no-one else deserves to go in after them.

3) They were going to put in a celebrity, but the celeb turned it down, and they didn't have time to get someone else. Approval needs to be given to induct someone, and maybe the celebrity they had in mind didn't accept.

4) Maybe the celebrity would accept, if they were paid heaps of money. I could see this with someone like Floyd Mayweather, who loves the green, and would demand a heavy price to accept induction.

5) Maybe they are only doing it some years, like when Wrestlemania is in a particular celebrity's hometown. So, for example, next time Wrestlemania is in New York, Lauper might go in.

I've always had the feeling that Cyndi Lauper might have been snubbed over the years, and must be in Vince's bad books about something. I remember that, at one time, she was on the outs with the WWE, and I gather that Lauper speaks her mind, and maybe burnt her bridges with WWE. I don't know why I think that, but it could be an explanation for why they are taking so long putting her in, and lesser celebrities have gone in ahead of her.

They named the Warrior award winner, so that probably means that there will be no celebrity this year. They usually would have named them by now.

This could mean:-

1) It is a massive announcement. Maybe it is Ali, and they are going to make a big deal about it, so kept his announcement until last, since Ali passed last year, they might go the extra mile on his induction, or maybe they have to wait for his estate to approve it.

2) They are scrapping adding to the Celebrity Wing. If so, shame that Lauper and Ali didn't go in. I would have included them, maybe Andy Kaufmann, and then closed the door on it, because no-one else deserves to go in after them.

3) They were going to put in a celebrity, but the celeb turned it down, and they didn't have time to get someone else. Approval needs to be given to induct someone, and maybe the celebrity they had in mind didn't accept.

4) Maybe the celebrity would accept, if they were paid heaps of money. I could see this with someone like Floyd Mayweather, who loves the green, and would demand a heavy price to accept induction.

5) Maybe they are only doing it some years, like when Wrestlemania is in a particular celebrity's hometown. So, for example, next time Wrestlemania is in New York, Lauper might go in.

I've always had the feeling that Cyndi Lauper might have been snubbed over the years, and must be in Vince's bad books about something. I remember that, at one time, she was on the outs with the WWE, and I gather that Lauper speaks her mind, and maybe burnt her bridges with WWE. I don't know why I think that, but it could be an explanation for why they are taking so long putting her in, and lesser celebrities have gone in ahead of her.

I have to ask why you think they should close the doors to the celebrity wing after inducting Lauper and Ali. Let's be honest, this is by no means an exclusive club. Just look at previous honorees. I am not saying they don't belong, but none of them have contributions that can't be matched by someone else down the line. I mean, look at your last two inductees. Ali is the end all be all? A match with Inoki and being the OUTSIDE referee for one match at the original Mania...that makes him an obvious entry yet NO ONE else should be allowed in afterwards? Again, I am not saying Ali shouldn't be in and I am not saying current celebrity wing residents shouldn't be in. But to look at the résumés of those in now and say that they are the only ones who should be inducted is laughable.

I have to ask why you think they should close the doors to the celebrity wing after inducting Lauper and Ali. Let's be honest, this is by no means an exclusive club. Just look at previous honorees. I am not saying they don't belong, but none of them have contributions that can't be matched by someone else down the line. I mean, look at your last two inductees. Ali is the end all be all? A match with Inoki and being the OUTSIDE referee for one match at the original Mania...that makes him an obvious entry yet NO ONE else should be allowed in afterwards? Again, I am not saying Ali shouldn't be in and I am not saying current celebrity wing residents shouldn't be in. But to look at the résumés of those in now and say that they are the only ones who should be inducted is laughable.

What I mean is, curently, I think they are the only celebrities who have made a significant enough contribution to go in (Lauper was integral in the "Rock 'N Wrestling" era, giving WWE mainstream coverage, getting them onto MTV, and along with the mainstream appeal of Mr T and Hulk Hogan, were part of the reason which made the first Wrestlemania a success, and if the first Wrestlemania hadn't worked, WWE wouldn't be around today). Ali, as well as being Muhammad Ali, was another major mainstream guest at Wrestlemania 1, and another reason for Wrestlemania to become a success. Plus, with his death last year, there is never a better time to do it (except when he was actually alive).

However, do you really want Maria Menounous in? Lawrence Taylor? Or, worst of all- SNOOKI!? How about any of the guest celebrity GMs they had when they had a guest GM every week? Do you truly want any of them in? Betty White and the Muppets guest-hosted RAW, and while they were fun, do they truly deserve to be in the WWE HoF Celebrity Wing?

What I mean is, induct Lauper and Ali over the next two years, but then do it once in a while after that, only to those celebrities who truly have made a significant contribution to wrestling. I felt that, at times, they felt that they had to induct a celebrity ever year, rather than be discerning, and only put in celebrities whose contribution is unquestioned. Many fans piss on the celebrity wing, so at least put in celebs with some justification, so that people might not like a celebrity wing, but will have to concede that the particular celebrity truly belongs in it.

The Celebrity Wing should be based on :-
-Contribution to WWE, and wrestling.
-Mainstream appeal.

As far as I am concerned, people will buy Lauper, Mr T, Ali, Mike Tyson, and yes, even Donald Trump, who are greats in their own fields, then someone like Snooki, who has a smaller fanbase and only appeals to youngsters.

What I mean is, curently, I think they are the only celebrities who have made a significant enough contribution to go in (Lauper was integral in the "Rock 'N Wrestling" era, giving WWE mainstream coverage, getting them onto MTV, and along with the mainstream appeal of Mr T and Hulk Hogan, were part of the reason which made the first Wrestlemania a success, and if the first Wrestlemania hadn't worked, WWE wouldn't be around today). Ali, as well as being Muhammad Ali, was another major mainstream guest at Wrestlemania 1, and another reason for Wrestlemania to become a success. Plus, with his death last year, there is never a better time to do it (except when he was actually alive).

However, do you really want Maria Menounous in? Lawrence Taylor? Or, worst of all- SNOOKI!? How about any of the guest celebrity GMs they had when they had a guest GM every week? Do you truly want any of them in? Betty White and the Muppets guest-hosted RAW, and while they were fun, do they truly deserve to be in the WWE HoF Celebrity Wing?

What I mean is, induct Lauper and Ali over the next two years, but then do it once in a while after that, only to those celebrities who truly have made a significant contribution to wrestling. I felt that, at times, they felt that they had to induct a celebrity ever year, rather than be discerning, and only put in celebrities whose contribution is unquestioned. Many fans piss on the celebrity wing, so at least put in celebs with some justification, so that people might not like a celebrity wing, but will have to concede that the particular celebrity truly belongs in it.

The Celebrity Wing should be based on :-
-Contribution to WWE, and wrestling.
-Mainstream appeal.

As far as I am concerned, people will buy Lauper, Mr T, Ali, Mike Tyson, and yes, even Donald Trump, who are greats in their own fields, then someone like Snooki, who has a smaller fanbase and only appeals to youngsters.

Ok, well that makes more sense. If you are leaving the door open to future contributors, I have no problem with you feeling no one else currently belongs in the celebrity wing.

I agree that having a set number of entrants or any annual specifics (ie. deceased, celebrity, woman, etc.) makes the HOF even less credible than it already is.

Honestly, I like the idea of HOF inductions more than the reality of it. If I could watch superstars and personalities of the past get up on stage and share stories with colleagues in the audience, I would love it. But, I have no interest in listening to the crowd yell overused "Thank you" and "One more match" chants. These days the crowd thinks they are part of the show and more often than not they take away from the experience, not add to it.

Whose more interested in seeing cornette induct the rock and rolls than ever seeing snooki or any other other celebrity inducted?

With the announcement of the recipient of the Warrior Award, that usually signals the end of those who're to be inducted. As a result, maybe WWE isn't going to induct someone into the "Celebrity Wing" this year. Hell, maybe Vince has finally come to his senses, or someone has finally made him see sense, that nobody really gives a damn about a celebrity who had almost nothing to do with WWE put into its HOF. The "Celebrity Wing" is really the one thing that I believe gives critics a legit argument when it comes to the HOF.

It'd be really cool to see Jim Cornette induct the Rock 'n' Roll Express. I'd just hope that Cornette could remember that it's supposed to be about Morton & Gibson and not a platform for him to air his bitterness because nobody's wrasslin' anymore like they used to do back in his day.

Kurt Angle being inducted by John Cena should be fun and it's a nice twist really given that Angle was Cena's first opponent in WWE.

It was confirmed earlier today that Jim Cornette will indeed induct the Rock 'n' Roll Express into the WWE Hall of Fame. Cornette played a big role with their success when you consider the years he and his Midnight Express feuded with them.

As I said in my earlier post, it's cool that Cornette will be a big part of this and I think he'll be professional enough to stick to the matter at hand, namely honoring one of the best wrestling tag teams in history, instead of using this as an excuse to blast WWE, ROH, TNA, New Japan, Kenny Omega and pretty much everyone else he doesn't life.

Hell froze over today when WWE announce that Jim Cornette will inducted the rock & roll express into the hall of fame.

I say that every year, HHH seemed to be able to create a less one miracle for the hall of fame, From Bruno beind inducted to macho man and warrior, he seems likes he's able to get pretty much anybody to either accept to be inducted or just show up to inducted somebody. When the rock & roll express where announce as one of this years inductees, you would have told me the Jim cornette would be inducting them, i would have laugh in your face, but some how, HHH convince him to let bygone be bygone and show up to induct the rock & roll Express since he'S so link up to them. Just knowing that Cornette will be at the hall of fame makes me want to watch it now. This will be interesting and maybe now, their a good chance that they might inducted him in the hall of fame next year with maybe the midnight express.

Very awesome Cornette is inducting them into the HOF. In a sense Cornette is latched onto them as of that and it's cool to see. In the future Jim would be a fine Inductee along with Paul Heyman, Jim Johnston, and a few others who had played roles in a backstage or non-wrestling position. Didn't see if Jim had said anything about this, but I'll at least watch his part at the Hall of Fame for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back