The 2011 Wrestlezone Tournament Live Draw: February 15

I'll always use the Barry bonds comparison with Triple H. Bonds was great before he started to take the juice. Anyone watching the business in 1999 knew Triple H was going to be something good, but his Relationship with her clouds his legacy.

Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, RI would be a cool place to host if your still picking cities. Not the biggest or best looking place but it's always an outspoken crowd. It's held quite a few WWE events as well, the Raw after the RR this year was held there.

Fuckyear, saw Backlash '99 and a few Raws there. Great venue.

I'll always use the Barry bonds comparison with Triple H. Bonds was great before he started to take the juice. Anyone watching the business in 1999 knew Triple H was going to be something good, but his Relationship with her clouds his legacy.

It's kind of funny how modern smarks like to try and rewrite history and turn their backs on the "old" smark trains of thought about Triple H getting unfair treatment because of Steph, and the Kliq's bullshit backstage. These aren't conspiracy theories, they're the truth.

Triple H would have been a main eventer in the WWE inevitably, but you can't tell me his relationship with Steph and subsequent rise to power on the booking committee had nothing to do with his dozens of title wins and constant never-ending pushes over the last decade.

HHH won his third world title on January 3, 2000. Every source I can find says they started dating in 2000 so unless they started dating in the first two days of the year and Stephanie convinced her dad to make HHH world champion that quickly, he was a three time world champion before they started dating. That's a better career than most people ever have already.

Austin = T-shirts, Undertaker duz sitz upz, this guys one month prime was better than this guys 10 year long prime. Shit like this makes the tournament equally interesting and infuriating.

What is with the puro hate? I might buy into your reasoning if I did not think you were going to include old school US wrestlers which have essentially all the same issues you claim the puro guys do.

It's kind of funny how modern smarks like to try and rewrite history and turn their backs on the "old" smark trains of thought about Triple H getting unfair treatment because of Steph, and the Kliq's bullshit backstage. These aren't conspiracy theories, they're the truth.

Triple H would have been a main eventer in the WWE inevitably, but you can't tell me his relationship with Steph and subsequent rise to power on the booking committee had nothing to do with his dozens of title wins and constant never-ending pushes over the last decade.

Yup. He was on his way to the top, and theirs no doubt about it. The guy had a good work ethic and was decent in the ring, it's his longevity that I question near the top. People that believe his marriage into the McMahon clan have had no effect on his career are simply naive.

Yup. He was on his way to the top, and theirs no doubt about it. The guy had a good work ethic and was decent in the ring, it's his longevity that I question near the top. People that believe his marriage into the McMahon clan have had no effect on his career are simply naive.

In my view HHH would have been on the same level he is now without Stephanie. He may not have a dozen world titles to his name, but that wouldn't stop him being on the same level, as the actual number of titles isn't all that relavent. SCSA held fewer world titles but was a bigger star than HHH, for example.

Last year I was on an Angle kick, but this year I'm looking for some old school heroes to take the tourney. I'm looking for Savage to make it far, and I'm going to be backing Funk hardcore to make sure he at least gets out of the first round. Last year he lost to Orton in the first round which I thought was embarrassing, and most people he was simply a middle aged nut job that wrapped himself in barbed wire and jumped through tables. What a joke.

Was pulling for Savage, Jericho and Austin last year. Want Savage to win this year badly.

I would have a sphincter-gasm is Savage won.

I have no problems with Puro being on or off this tournament. With 128 wrestlers being debated, even when the tournament runs without them, there's still plenty to argue here.

Lastly, Hell in a Cell 2009 was held at the new Prudential Center (a.k.a. "The Rock") in Newark, NJ (currently home of the NJ Devlis). I was in attendance and the place is kick-ass.

prudential-center-8b180282eaa9f8b0_large.jpg

I'm debating the Misawa/Kobashi thing. I won't go into details but I'm leaning towards giving them a chance to get in.

I'm ambivalent but I always understand X's point of view. Technically, he's right. They were more popular than 90% of American stars... just in a different market. But if we exclude them, we are dishonoring the hundred of posters on this forum that hail from other countries by telling them that USA is the best, regardless of who we're referring to.

Screw it, KB. Just take the five best of the best and put them in. What's five more going to do?

I've partook in two Wrestlezone tournaments, and I think it's safe to say that the puro guys disappear fairly quickly, sometimes unjustly. I saw Great Muta make it pretty far back in 09, but I don't think he made it past the Elite 8.

I've partook in two Wrestlezone tournaments, and I think it's safe to say that the puro guys disappear fairly quickly, sometimes unjustly.

Therein lies part of the problem. The majority of the posters on this site are uninformed about these guys. I've been watching pro-wrestling since the early 80's and I'm sorry to say that I'm one of them. I have no doubt that these guys are the greatest pro-wrestlers in the world. But I have no interest in watching their matches or learning about their history. So, in my eyes, if you paired up Misawa against Terry Funk, I'd choose Terry Funk. Call my ignorant or whatever name you'd like but the same name-calling cane be done to the hundreds of other posters who partake in this tourney.

It's sad but true.

I'm ambivalent but I always understand X's point of view. Technically, he's right. They were more popular than 90% of American stars... just in a different market. But if we exclude them, we are dishonoring the hundred of posters on this forum that hail from other countries by telling them that USA is the best, regardless of who we're referring to.

Britain here. We're fine with that implication.

I'm debating the Misawa/Kobashi thing. I won't go into details but I'm leaning towards giving them a chance to get in.

Damn skippy! I mean it's only 2 spots out of 128, there's got to be 2 guys you can toss for two of the biggest stars in wrestling history.

Screw it, KB. Just take the five best of the best and put them in. What's five more going to do?

Listen to D-Man, he's smart and stuff.

I've partook in two Wrestlezone tournaments, and I think it's safe to say that the puro guys disappear fairly quickly, sometimes unjustly. I saw Great Muta make it pretty far back in 09, but I don't think he made it past the Elite 8.

Not true. Last year was the first time we really included puro stars like Kobashi, Misawa, Akiyama, Taue, etc. Kobashi and Misawa did fairly well, especially Kobashi who went very far, didn't he make it to the Elite 8? I remember him losing to Shawn I believe in one of the final rounds. That's pretty damn impressive for someone that "nobody's ever heard of".

Batista got robbed last year.

I'm still backing Cena.

Maybe this is Hogan's time though. Hogan has been screwed in gimmick matches more than anyone I can remember in this tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back