Tournament Structure

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
So since we have a new way of running things this year, I figured an overview of the rules could help.

As you know, there will be 128 people in a seven round tournament. Like always, the tournament will be split into three sections.

1. Standard matches. These are traditional one on one matches in a generic ring in a specified city. There are no gimmicks at all and it is one fall to a finish. The pairings will be determined by random draw as will the cities. Assume one week of rest between the first two rounds.

2. Gimmick matches. In a list of to be revealed gimmicks, the final 32 men will compete in two rounds of gimmick matches with a random draw as always. Assume three days of rest between each round.

3. One night tournament. Just like it sounds, this is a King of the Ring style tournament with single elimination. Last man standing wins.

As for how the cities etc. will be broken down, here you go.

1st round: 128 competitors, 16 cities, 8 matches per city.

2nd round: 64 competitors, 16 cities, 4 matches per city.

3rd round: 32 competitors, 4 cities, 8 matches per city.

4th round: 16 competitors, 4 cities, 4 matches per city

5th-8th rounds: 8 competitors, 1 city

One thing you might notice is that there will be no single winner per city in the gimmick rounds. With one less round, there is no way I can avoid this without making things way too complicated.

All matches have a standard WWE sized ring. There is no ramp and there are no specifications for region. What I mean by that is that a ring in Los Angeles is the same as a ring in Tokyo and the same as a ring in Phoenix. Everyone is on an even playing field other than any potential home town advantage.

There are no seedings. All wrestlers have an equal chance of facing another.

As far as how the selection process went, we had 90 that were determined would be on everyone or at least most lists. The 16 staff members submitted two picks to get us to 122. Shocky was granted two picks to make it 124. The winners of the four pools make up the final four slots. After the drawing I'll let you know who the staff picks were.

To win a match you simply need the most votes. In the case of a tie, I will lock the thread and count up the WRITTEN votes. If there is still a tie, both are eliminated. Only the winners advance. There will be no triple threats.

Drawing begins Wednesday at 4PM EST which I believe is 9PM in England but don't hold me to that. It's 5 hours before whenever Raw starts so there you go.

I think that's everything. If there is anything I missed feel free to ask.

As in text written out in the thread. As in someone says they want Tito Santana to beat Punk. I'll use my own judgment as to what classifies a vote and what doesn't.

As in text written out in the thread. As in someone says they want Tito Santana to beat Punk. I'll use my own judgment as to what classifies a vote and what doesn't.

To be honest thats probably a better method anyway. Keeps people from just voting with no idea what they're talking about and not doing any research.

So if two Superstars tie in votes, and write-ins, and neither one advance.. the person they were meant to face gets a Bye?

What happens if we're in the Elite 8 (KotR) and this happens? Thats kinda a sudden unfair advantage for one of the Superstars who gets a free sudden bye to the Finals.

So if two Superstars tie in votes, and write-ins, and neither one advance.. the person they were meant to face gets a Bye?

What happens if we're in the Elite 8 (KotR) and this happens? Thats kinda a sudden unfair advantage for one of the Superstars who gets a free sudden bye to the Finals.

That's what happens in real wrestling tournaments, so I don't particularly see the problem.

To be honest thats probably a better method anyway. Keeps people from just voting with no idea what they're talking about and not doing any research.

I picked Larry Zbysko because I've never seen the other two wrestle and I have seen Zbysko so it would only be fair to pick the one I have knowledge of.

Not to mention that if someone can't get a single more vote or a single more point in a poll, why should one advance over the other? Why should a person that won a match cleanly have to deal with two opponents?

No worries.

The whole tournament I haven't mapped out. For the first two rounds I'll be doing this: beginning on Monday I'll set up 16 (1/4 of the total) matches and will do the same for Tuesday through Thursday. The polls will stay open for four days, meaning if it opens Monday it closes Friday, Tuesday closes Saturday etc. same for the second round. Gimmick rounds will likely be the same.

For the final 3 rounds, I'll give two days with no poll for general debate and then four days a round. Finals will be open a week. Might throw in a day of debate in the earlier rounds too.

The only problem there could potentially be with the "tie leads to a bye" situation could be in the final four. If one match of the semi-finals ends in a tie, then the other automatically yields the tournament victor. I like the idea of no triple threats, as they give too much unrealistic credibility to ridiculous arguments, but perhaps a tie-breaker or triple threat may be required in this situation.

Would there be an exception made here, perhaps for no other reason than to have a final match? I seriously doubt this would even occur, and this could be a "cross that bridge should we come to it" moment, but just something to think about.

Yeah it's either Monday or Tuesday. Not sure on the whole one day of discussion as I always found it a bit stupid.

When that happens to someone that isn't going to get slaughtered no matter what name is there I'll make up my mind.

Bullshit and you know it. You picked the gimmick that he had his worst wrestling run with when the choice wasn't yours to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back