The 2011 Wrestlezone Tournament Live Draw: February 15

I'll be backing a lot of people, mainly Kobashi/Misawa if they get in alongside Benoit and maybe a dark horse like Owen Hart.

I've decided heck with Hogan and Flair and have decided to put in there place Kobashi (if he gets in if not I'm gonna go with Vader) and Sting

I'll be backing a lot of people, mainly Kobashi/Misawa if they get in alongside Benoit and maybe a dark horse like Owen Hart.

I would say I'm backing Owen Hart but I always do and it gets me nowhere. Plus, I don't believe he should win.

Oh, and also because I don't feel like hearing another joke about his death from IC25...

Dave Batista. Straight to the finish line.

Flair/Batista was one of the most enjoyable things I've ever read/participated in. I hope I'll not lose interest like I did last year (the whole Shayan Cena thing turned me off).

I think it'll be me, Mozz and Phoenix pulling for Jericho this year, just like last year.

I just want to back Owen because he seems to be vastly underrated on this forum. When he was on his A game he was better than Bret.

Forgive me - is this the fourth or fifth tournament? I'm trying to list the winners in my head. Michaels, Undertaker, Austin?

Inoki beat CM Punk in the one of the more heated and entertaining first round matchups last year. Why do we have to put the kid gloves on the tournament? Damn pedofiles WWE universe-ites

I'm backing Jericho or Edge. I can't choose between them.

Or Mason Ryan.

costanza.jpg

Not true. Last year was the first time we really included puro stars like Kobashi, Misawa, Akiyama, Taue, etc. Kobashi and Misawa did fairly well, especially Kobashi who went very far, didn't he make it to the Elite 8? I remember him losing to Shawn I believe in one of the final rounds. That's pretty damn impressive for someone that "nobody's ever heard of".

If my memory serves me correctly (which I admit, is a fairly sizable if), most of those guys went out about halfway through the tournament. As the legends start to take care of the lesser legends, the Japanese and Mexicans wind up facing off against US legends, and that's where they struggle. Every now and then one of those guys make it towards the end, but I don't think they've ever made it to the final 4, and I don't think they ever will. I have nothing against them myself, it's just that they're not well known enough stateside, and that definitely hurts their chances.

A lot of funny comments in this thread.

Oh, and just so everyone is clear, I'm totally against ANY Japanese influence in this tournament, including Liger and Muta. So feel free to get pissed at me. KB was the one who fought to get those two in.

And like I said, if, and that's still a huge if, I put those two in the chance to get in the other spots, Inoki is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back