• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Raw Champions Discussion Thread

I have to disagree here. I think if the Highlanders were sent back to heat after this little fued, then RAW could have a number 1 contenders match with wgtt and londrick, then have this play out for a while, then make a TLC match with those 2 and cade and murdoch for a big PPV like survivor series. It would be a push, but I know i'd tune in for that match.

Jeff Hardy-
Hardy is a pretty good compeditor, but he's gonna have to lose the Intercontinental Title if he's even gonna be a choice for Cyber Sunday, I seriously don't want a double champion, because double champs are just useless, because they take up room for champions on their roster.

Jeff Hardy-
Hardy is a pretty good compeditor, but he's gonna have to lose the Intercontinental Title if he's even gonna be a choice for Cyber Sunday, I seriously don't want a double champion, because double champs are just useless, because they take up room for champions on their roster.

You know what your right about that, cause i'm sure i would be voting for him if he wasn't already a champion. but instead i am voting for HBK, cause KK vs RKO in a heel vs heel match would be very booring for the fans there at the show. and plus even tho i am a Kennedy fan, HBK is one of my all time Favorites and he has a good story with Orton so this is the match i hope we see at Cyber Sunday.

My picks as champs would be:

WWE Champion=HBK or Triple H

Intercontinental Title= Jeff Hardy or Bob Holley

WWE Tag Titles=DX or London and Kendrick

Womens Champion= Mickie James

WWE CHAMPION: RANDY ORTON
PICK: SHAWN MICHAELS
-so after winning the match by DQ to Orton tonight, they're feud will continue
and hopefully at Survior Series we will see a NEW WWE CHAMP!

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION: JEFF HARDY
PICK: MR. KENNEDY
- i think that Mr. Kennedy should be the #1 for the IC TITLE and i think these 2 could have a nice feud for the title and push them higher to the MAIN EVENT LEVEL!

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: CADE & MURDOCH
PICKS: CODY RHODES & HARDCORE HOLLY
-i think they should do something that has all four TAGT TEAMS ON RAW (WGTT, HOLLY/RHODES, LONDON/KENDRICK, CHAMPIONS) feuding after the title like how the hardys dudleys and ec did..and have a TLC match at the next PPV!

WOMENS CHAMPION: BETH PHOENIX
PICK: MICKIE JAMES
-they have a storyline that they never got to unfold!

The problem with doing it that way is that 80% of the crowd wouldn't care about WGTT screwing Londrick. The team that always loses just screwed the team that can't beat the glorified jobbers.

The tag division has been buried so badly that something very significant would have to happen to make the fans care. This division is what we like to call 2001 WCW bad. The WWE really dropped the ball after One Night Stand when the WGTT and the Hardys had a great ladder match, and then a nice little backstage faceoff. I was pumped for an actual tag team fued, but instead the Hardy's lost to Cade and Murdoch, and the WGTT were on Heat the next day beating the Highlanders, who all the sudden kick ass.

I'm not trying to insult your post, I'm just trying to get my point across that the tag division may be beyond repair.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond... No offence taken, but I dunno I'm starting to think that the Tag Team Division needs to be suspended perhaps and brought back with just 1 tag team title. The champs would wrestle on Raw and SD!. However that most likley won't happen. What WWE plans to do with the tag team situation has me all sorts of confused. Espically on Raw. It looks like Rhodes and Holly will be feuding with the WGTT now...... Why??? What does Rhodes, Holly, Benjamin, or Haas have to gain from that feud? Absolutly nothing. Why not have Rhodes and Holly be built up by feuding with the highlanders, or winning a number 1 contenders match against Londrick? I really don't think the Rednecks vs Rhodes and Holly would be that bad of a match. Frankly I think having faces as tag champs is a step in the right direction. I really don't know why I think that, probably because if you take a look at the teams on Raw... Londrick is still the only "offical" tag team, so should Rhodes and Holly team up, they'ed have quite a few teams to feud with, as does Londrick...

Sorry it took so long for me to respond... No offence taken, but I dunno I'm starting to think that the Tag Team Division needs to be suspended perhaps and brought back with just 1 tag team title. The champs would wrestle on Raw and SD!. However that most likley won't happen. What WWE plans to do with the tag team situation has me all sorts of confused. Espically on Raw. It looks like Rhodes and Holly will be feuding with the WGTT now...... Why??? What does Rhodes, Holly, Benjamin, or Haas have to gain from that feud? Absolutly nothing. Why not have Rhodes and Holly be built up by feuding with the highlanders, or winning a number 1 contenders match against Londrick? I really don't think the Rednecks vs Rhodes and Holly would be that bad of a match. Frankly I think having faces as tag champs is a step in the right direction. I really don't know why I think that, probably because if you take a look at the teams on Raw... Londrick is still the only "offical" tag team, so should Rhodes and Holly team up, they'ed have quite a few teams to feud with, as does Londrick...

First off, it sounds like the Highlanders might be back to Heat, so that improves the division a little right there. It also proves that not even the WWE gives a damn about the tag teams. London and Kendrick upset Cade and Murdoch in a tag match, wait now they suck and they Highlanders rule, wait no the Highlanders do suck, wait no they're ok, and so are Londrick, what about WGTT? Fuck um, Holly and Rhodes are what everyone wants right? No, well too bad I'm tired this script is done. Hey who are the champs again? What? But didn't we just have them lose a hanicapped match? Oh damn.

This division has no direction and makes no sense at all. I'd rather have my testicles removed than watch WWE Tag Team Wrestling.

I think the idea of combining the belts would be nice for depth, but how would you want this explained while still giving a reason for the other titles to remain brand exclusive?

with randy orton, if he keeps the championship i could see wwe making him a face again....but only for a little while. if VKM still wants to make Mr.Kennedy as his "son", i could see him and mr.kennedy going against orton as vince would do anything for his son to be champ..right?

but im not sure what they would be planning to do right now, who knows

but i like orton being champ many great rivalries could come from that.

First off, it sounds like the Highlanders might be back to Heat, so that improves the division a little right there. It also proves that not even the WWE gives a damn about the tag teams. London and Kendrick upset Cade and Murdoch in a tag match, wait now they suck and they Highlanders rule, wait no the Highlanders do suck, wait no they're ok, and so are Londrick, what about WGTT? Fuck um, Holly and Rhodes are what everyone wants right? No, well too bad I'm tired this script is done. Hey who are the champs again? What? But didn't we just have them lose a hanicapped match? Oh damn.

This division has no direction and makes no sense at all. I'd rather have my testicles removed than watch WWE Tag Team Wrestling.

I think the idea of combining the belts would be nice for depth, but how would you want this explained while still giving a reason for the other titles to remain brand exclusive?

I think that the tag belts at this point almost need to be combined. I mean look at your current tag champs Hell on both shows even... You got the Rednecks and MVP and Hardy. From what things looked like on Raw, we don't even know how long the rednecks will be staying togather as this always seems to be the way WWE prepares to kill off a team. Should the rednecks be killed off as a team... You'll have two face teams. (Londrick and Rhodes and Holly if they form permantly) and two heel teams (WGTT and Highlanders) Neither of those heel teams are seen that much. The Highlanders are still hardly seen on Raw and the WGTT has been jobbing to the world. If WWE were to combine tag titles, there would be a lot more potential opponents for the champs to face, which would be a huge step in reviving the division itself. When a team breaks up or are not the champs they'd just face other teams on their repective shows. I mean really an example is how long are we going to watch the highlanders and londrick chase the rednecks around. It gets boring fast. Throw Jesse and Festus or w/e the Hell his name is. D&D, Hell throw some ECW teams togather... even though that's barley possible with a 12 person roster... and let them get in on it too. Balls and the Miz your next champs :headbanger: ... Seriously though there is not all that much reason to explain why the belts need to be combined... Look at the division as a whole

I think that the tag belts at this point almost need to be combined. I mean look at your current tag champs Hell on both shows even... You got the Rednecks and MVP and Hardy. From what things looked like on Raw, we don't even know how long the rednecks will be staying togather as this always seems to be the way WWE prepares to kill off a team. Should the rednecks be killed off as a team... You'll have two face teams. (Londrick and Rhodes and Holly if they form permantly) and two heel teams (WGTT and Highlanders) Neither of those heel teams are seen that much. The Highlanders are still hardly seen on Raw and the WGTT has been jobbing to the world. If WWE were to combine tag titles, there would be a lot more potential opponents for the champs to face, which would be a huge step in reviving the division itself. When a team breaks up or are not the champs they'd just face other teams on their repective shows. I mean really an example is how long are we going to watch the highlanders and londrick chase the rednecks around. It gets boring fast. Throw Jesse and Festus or w/e the Hell his name is. D&D, Hell throw some ECW teams togather... even though that's barley possible with a 12 person roster... and let them get in on it too. Balls and the Miz your next champs :headbanger: ... Seriously though there is not all that much reason to explain why the belts need to be combined... Look at the division as a whole

I think you misread my question. I was asking how you would want the combining of the belts explained on TV. They would have to have some excuse as to why the tag belts are multi-brand but the other titles are not.

Oh... I really don't know... Mabey have the tag champs of SD! and the tag champs of Raw get into it, and whoever comes out on top of the feud becomes the undisputed tag team champs. I dunno how the storyline could go, but that is certainly one way of getting it on tv... I think...

I am having a hard time watching rko as champ. I just don't think he is ready yet. We need to see HBK finally win another title at survivor series.

Jeff as ic champ is nice to see. He is a nice hard worker in the ring and gives his all. I want to see kennedy and him really have a nice long program over the ic title.

tag titles-cade and murdoch are ok by me but they need some built up comp and they have it in lond and ken and in the wgtt but they don't push them and give them credibility

WWE Champion:
Randy Orton:
- I like Orton but like someone else said, I'm not sure if he was too ready to be champion. Nothing he has done has been shouting out, I'm the WWE champion. He's done nothing too special.

Intercontinental Champion:
Jeff Hardy:
- As with Orton, he hasn't done much that tells me he is the champion. He has competed in one non-title match at a PPV ever since winning the title and has also done nothing special. But I must say, better then "Umanga" (Regal quote) as champ.

Tag Team Champions:
Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch:
- I don't like these two really at all but I hope they don't drop the titles to the Highlanders. L & K need to reclaim the titles or just keep the belts on these two. I don't even care for tag team wrestling right now so it doesn't matter to me!

Women's Champion:
Beth Phoenix:
- Some may disagree but this is the only RAW champion right now shouting that he/she is a champion. She's showed it to us. I don't like how she'll be kept out of a major feud 'till Candice comes back but I'm sure they have something creative for her. She's showing these critics what women's wrestling is all about and her and Candice are defiantly my two favorites right now!

How can you peeps say Orton isn't ready for a world title. He won his first like three years ago. He's one of the top heels in WWE right now and one of the top wrestlers too. i was damn happy to see Orton walk out of No Mercy as champ rather than HHH.

i agree^

i love seeing orton as champ and i think hes doing a great job,he is certainly one of the best heels & wrestlers in wwe today.

he isnt being called 'the future of the business' for no reson. althought HHH and shawn micheals are still great to watch i love seeing orton as champ.

I am a massive John Cena fan but I was always hoping he would drop the title to Orton just because it needed to be done. Randy is a fantastic performer both mic and in ring. I was really excited when he became champion but watching Raw these past few weeks. Im not feeling it. Hes not crying out I should be your WWE Champion. He is a bit like CM Punk on ECW. I was hoping he would win championship. See now he has won it, I want him to lose it so badly because its just not selling to me. Just I don't know what it is about Randy the now however I think a lot of it has to do with Shawn Michaels coming back. I think before he got title, he was "Killing Legends", beating people up, being dominant. Since he has won the title, he is being squashed by Shawn Michaels week in and week out. I think its making Orton look weak. Same with CM Punk, after he won title, he was being squashed by Big Daddy V every weak again making champion look weak. Thats just my opinion tho. The only persont hat cries out to me to be WWE Champion is on Smackdown! and due back in 2 weeks and thats Edge. But hey, on to the other champions. Jeff Hardy as Intercontinental Champion. I agree with many previous posts. A good, long fued with Kennedy, with Kenendy prevailing is whats needed. That way when dust is settled hopefully Jeff Hardy is ready to be consistently going for WWE Championship and Kennedy shouldn't be far off. Kennedy was fantastic on Smackdown! I would have predicted he would have taken Raw by storm but his injury has stunted his growth so to speak. I think a good fued with Hardy, making him a good, credible, fighting Intercontinental Champion then dropping title to have a fued with Bobby Lashley when he returns. Thats the right formula for Kennedy. Womans champion is spot on in my view. Beth Phoenix all the way. I would like to see a Three Way fued with her, Melina and Mickie James as those two are really talented. Finally Tag Team Championships. I like whats happening with Highlanders the now. London and Kendrik are fantastic but just something about Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch, there believable and worthy champions I feel. They're only getting better. Particularly Lance Cade in ring. I predict he is a future Intercontinental Champion.

How can you peeps say Orton isn't ready for a world title. He won his first like three years ago. He's one of the top heels in WWE right now and one of the top wrestlers too. i was damn happy to see Orton walk out of No Mercy as champ rather than HHH.
as for the champions...

WWE Title - Orton is great and I hope the feud with HBK could possibly end in a Hell in a Cell since that ends all feuds.

IC Title - Jeff is an entertaining and hardworking guy and deserves that title. I wouls like to see feuds with Kennedy, Umaga, and Carlito soon. Maybe a fatal fourway with them?

Tag Titles - Cade and Murdoch are great but I like how the Highlanders are slowly crawling upwards. the Holly and Rhodes thing is great and they'll probably in contention for the title soon

Womens Title - Beth is fantastic. Maybe a feud with Melina mmm :headbanger:

Don't get me wrong, I think Orton is great and is my favorite superstar right now. But what he has done so far as champion doesn't scream to me or show me that he is champion. I am, however, hoping while his reign lasts he does, and I'm sure he will but as of right now, he doesn't have the impression of the WWE Champion!

But Orton is great none the less and I'm sooo happy he is the champion. Here's to hoping his reign just gets better! :)

as for the champions...

WWE Title - Orton is great and I hope the feud with HBK could possibly end in a Hell in a Cell since that ends all feuds.

IC Title - Jeff is an entertaining and hardworking guy and deserves that title. I wouls like to see feuds with Kennedy, Umaga, and Carlito soon. Maybe a fatal fourway with them?

Tag Titles - Cade and Murdoch are great but I like how the Highlanders are slowly crawling upwards. the Holly and Rhodes thing is great and they'll probably in contention for the title soon

Womens Title - Beth is fantastic. Maybe a feud with Melina mmm :headbanger:

Melina? I don't think so! Maybe she will but I just see Beth dominating whoever she can get her hands on while Candice is out. Maybe she'll go into a small feud but we'll have to wait and see!

Unfortunantly i'm really dissapointed in orton so far i wanted him to be champ but so far he hasnt actually been "champ" Triple H is acting more like the champ than orton is and maybe if orton didnt get flattend by Shawn Michaels and his Sweek Chin Music every week he might actually look like a champ and not like a boxing bag

Randy Orton has been a terrible champ, WWE has made him look like crap ever since he has won the championship, with HBK hitting the music on him on ever episode of Raw since he has won the title, between that and the DQ finish at Cyber, Randy has been a very weak champion.

Cade and Murdoch are STALE, nobody cares about them, Londrick should have the title and be feuding with Holly/Rhodes as a heel

I Love Beth, she is that hardcore bitch men dream about, she makes a very good champion for the womens division, I would like to see a feud with Micky or Melina

I am the biggest Jeff Hardy fan that you will find, but I think he is a stale Intercontinentel champion, he is not really had a good feud since the feud with Nitro last year, I would love to see a similar feud with kennedy ar dare I say it, a returning Chris Jericho.

What It Should Be

WWE Champion: Shawn Michaels: HBK deservs another title run, he has done EVERYTHING for Vince, this will happen before wrestlemania as I see HBK with a lon title run and an HBK/HHH match at Mania

Intercontinental Champion: Undecided, maybe Kennedy or Carlito, I would like to see a heel holding the title with a guy like Hardy or Harry Smith chasing the title

Tag Team: Londrick: much more exiting that Curdoch, would hold a better feud

Womens: Beth Phoenix: I Love Her, great heel for a women

SANTINO MARELLA IS GOD

as i've said before im glad orton is champ but wwe is making him look so bad! he has the poentail to do so well but wwe isn't helping him there. now that shawn micheals can't use the superkick it seems asthough wwe is gonna making him overcome the odds again or make orton look like he needs an advantage to win! im pretty angry with that coz ive wanted orton to be champ for so long and now that he is they make him look lyk crap. i hope they give him better matches again, i did enjoy the last match between him and HHH at no mercy though. i just hope wwe starts to build him up as the champ he really is.

I was so excited when Randy Orton won the belt, even if it was due to John Cena's injury but as of late, you see the Champ for what? maybe 10-15 minutes out of an 2 hour show.
I'm not sure where WWE is going with this but it's made his heel character very weak, he comes off as someone that can't face anyone without ducking, dodging, or getting himself disqualified.
Last night's debate or whatever the hell that was that I ignored and end up having to rewind because I had no idea what they were talking about was absolutely horrible. It made Orton come off as a bitch (excuse my language) and the only possible way he could beat Shawn Michaels was for him to not get kicked in the face. I'm not sure where this whole angle is going as far as his character but IMO Orton will not have the title very long.

you say cade & murdurch are stale, and londrick should have the titles but they are just as stale, well they have always been. londrick should be a heat tag team. The sad fact is the wwe is slim in good tag teams that are exciting. they need to find some, especially for RAW.

Orton has potential to be a great champion if the writers just gave him the same gimic he had befor hbk returned. As for jeff hardy they should give the ic belt to kennedy as hardy is stale. Beth is fine as womens champ but they should give it to melina. World tag champ's will be holly and rhodes after ss.

Randy Orton. I'd say he was a worthy champion, he knows how to wrestle. I think he is definately a better champion then John Cena. His act was very wearing. It was the sort of think you could laugh at a few times but then get bored of. And he wasn't even an amazingly good wrestler.

Randy Orton can wrestle, I think most people agree with that. However I prefer his gimmick before Shawn returned. It made him seem tougher. The WWE Championhip should be on the best wrestler, and with Orton as champ it actually highlighted one of the best in the business.

However, I think Shawn should take over this at Survivor Series. He's probably one of the best heels the business has seen, and I think he should go back to that. The fans love to hate Shawn, even he admits that. It also lets his style of wrestling out more freely. He can do what he wants.

imo Orton has the charisma, the skills, the look, possibly even the drive.. But what WWE has to worry about is the question as to whether not he's gonna' be hit up for steroids or something crazy like j---ing in some divas fruit cup. Randy Orton has more potential than most guys in WWE right now. I mean.. Other than the ten thousand headlocks he throws into every match, I love the fact that he's an Old-school style wrestler. Keeping it alive." Also his dad had something about him that just made him look like a legitimate cocky a--hole, and I think Randy possesses a similar quality. When WWE first started pushing him (and a little even now), I thought, "Man.. I would really like to see this guy become a top competitor." imo, He could use something to freshen up his character.. Not much.. Maybe a signature move change, or a new nickname.. Or maybe even a wardrobe change. I personally WOULD LOVE to see Randy Orton make it in the business. But he has a long career ahead of him, which gives him a LOT of time to screw up. So I guess, in retrospect, I'm a little confused by my opinion of Randy Orton. I want to see him be a legend in the business.. But I also want to see WWE do what's right for them.

Whatever they do.. I'm just glad Bobby Lashley isn't the champion. ;-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back