• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ECW Champion Discussion Thread

Simply put Tommy Dreamer should be the ECW champion...he always and I mean always jobs to ANYONE

This qualifies you for a championship run? Does that mean Duggan and funaki are next? Victories against high caliber wrestlers make for good "cinderella stories" once in a while, but not to win the show's top title.

Without a doubt Dreamer has eaarned enough respect to be the next ECW Champion.

Agreed. But I don't think that there's a huge desire to see Dreamer become champion, outside of those who love the old ECW. I could be wrong, but I think the majority of WWE fans don't really have the nostalgia.

Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. I do agree that he might deserve it, I just can't see him as champion increasing the ratings on ECW or people caring about his subsequent title defenses.

i dident know what thread to post this in but as Jack Swagger is ECW champion I thought hear was the best place to post it, please repost it into the right thread.

I've notised something very strang on the wwe web site, Jack Swagger is winning the photo of the day about twice weekly. he's up to 26 now.
could this possbly be the start of a story line?

Swagger needs to hire Ortiz as his slackey or towel boy. Basically turn Ricky's "Rally Towel" as a sweat rag. Show Ortiz no respect, and talk to him as if he doesn't understand english. That would add for some comic relief. Since Swagger is slowly building this would give him something else to work with. On the otherhand there is Ricky who has nothing so far. This would give him a role that might actually help build him as a respectable face. Basically taking all of Jack's shit, and then finally growing some balls. That all happens once he figures out a new look, wrestling moveset, and personality.

Christian

Only a few months after returning to WWE, Christian claimed his place at the top of the Land of the Extreme by defeating Jack Swagger at Backlash to become the new ECW Champion.

We all knew it was coming, but I for one am glad with this decision. I think the way they had him lose his first title shot and then had to beat Dreamer & Finlay really built it up as a larger victory. Hopefully this can build him up, I'd like to see him stay for the year at least, losing it and winning it back which would help the ECW belt for sure.

Yeah it was going to happen sooner or later that Christian would take the title from Swagger. I am a bit disappointed though, Swagger has come along nicely over the past couple months, but he did have a 104 day reign which is a pretty solid run with the title. Christian will have a great run with the title and carry the brand. He's really one of those guys that can put on a solid match with anyone in the ring, and with the right people, put on an excellent match.

I would also like to see Evan Bourne be put into contention for the title now, as a Christian/Evan Bourne feud would be quite entertaining. Otherwise I see a Christian/Swagger feud continuing for the time being.

ECW is starting to look half decent though I am unsure where Swagger goes from here. I expect he'll get his rematch and unless someone screws Christian, he won't win it back. You've then got the focus on Dreamer, the Hart faction and Evan Bourne. I don't see where Swagger fits into that.

Finally an ECW champion I can be proud of, as an old school ECW fan I've found it hard to watch ECW as people such as Mark Henry, Vince and Chavo won the title in the last few years.

Christian carried TNA for awhile, and considering that TNA are equal in ratings to ECW I think having him as champion can give the show a bit of an edge and at least some credibility. With the New Hart Foundation, and some younger talent he can be the big star that puts over other people in ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back