• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Raw Champions Discussion Thread

Cena is going to enter a gay feud with Cody Rhodes. Cena is going to start bullying him after unforegiven, but it will come out that Cena is gay and he was doing this because he fancied Cody. Then Cena will get picked on for been gay by a top guy, Cody will come out at No Mercy in the title match to help Cena but cost Cena the title. At Cyber Sunday it will be a sausage on a pole match between Cena and Cody.

Even though I like Cena that was quite funny. Cody is a good prospect in WWE I think though but he is still very young so we will see, and I don't think he has a finisher yet? I think every person is getting bored of Cena as champion I want to see someone I havn't seen before as champion like Benjimin or Kennedy it will make things different because for the last year now things have not changed and that is not good.

Probably you are not far from what will happen at survivor Series (kennedy as champ, well, that's my guess...:D), I guess Cena will be filming his new movie soon, so maybe the switch could be nearest than you or me think.

Cody Rhodes? Not even close the next year. He need to develop more in ring work, he is stale now and well, probably a IC shot at next year...doesnt sound to crazy!

Cena- Love and hate him. He has nice mike skills and sometimes puts on a great match but I am sick of him! I think that HHH and Kennedy (i know a long shot) are the best choices to replace him. One person that is not Carlito.

Hardy- I like him and has great moves. Kennedy and Sheldon Benjamin would be the best people for the future.

Cade&Murdock - Some in ring ability, but they are the only tag team besides London and Kendrick, I mean the Highlanders are near the chopping block and are a joke. I say get the Highlanders turned into psychos and get them to win the belts off of London and Kendrick (after they beat Cade and Murdock)

Candace - Certainly beautiful and is getting there with wrestling, but I think she should be replaced by Victoria (yes I know she is on Smackdown) or Beth Phoenix. For now anyways

::icon_evil: CENA IS VEREY NOT GAY YOU ARE MAN HAHAHHAHAHAH YOU NO GOOD PICE OF ASS FUCKER.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:cuss2 .

for my opinions on the champs

John Cena: His mic work is both good and Bad while his delivery is very smooth and he never messes up his lines his kines are messed up already he tries to be funny but is not and hes also very repetitive. His work in the ring is pretty good but not spectacular defenitely a solid performer

Jeff Hardy: im not a big fan of his in ring work hes a spot wrestler who messes up all his spots and cant talk, still gets a good reaction but Im defenitely not impressed by his work

Cade and Murdoch: One of my favorite Tag Teams good in the ring solid on the mic would prefer London and Kendrick but defenitely a cade and Murdich fan

Candice: Getting better in the ring and seems to get a good reaction but i would rather have mickie or Beth Pheonix as champ

PS that quote is going in my sig

If anything is apparent recently it is that the WWE are attempting to break free of the whole "earning your spot" dynamic that has been the norm in pro wrestling since it began. By that I mean you no longer have to work for ten damn years to be considered for the top spots in the biz, you just need extra large muscles and a hollywood haircut and smile. Cena fits that perfectly, plus Steph thinks he's hot. If this is what the greatest promotion in the world has become in the few short years since the wars I am damn terrified to see what it is when my children are grown.

Jeff Hardy

After months of coming up just short, Jeff Hardy avenged his February title loss to Umaga and regained the Intercontinental Championship from the Samoan Bulldozer on the Sept. 3, 2007 edition of Raw.

Meh, I don't really mind Hardy as champion really he never accomplished anything in his past reigns. I find it funny how he comes off of suspension then instantly gets the IC title. Carlito was a good choice for this spot instead of just being fed to Triple H. He just came off a Triple Threat match and feud with UmaNga when Hardy wasn't even around. So it made more since but I suppose WWE realized the UmaNga face turn was going nowhere.

I can see a future feud with Benjamin possibly. Which of course would end with Hardy keeping the strap, Carlito might get into the picture but when UmaNga returns if Triple H doesn't want a feud, I'm sure we will see more UmaNga/Hardy but for now I see Shelton as the only real choice with Haas suspended for being on "The List".

He could be holding it for quite awhile.

john cena - had the much too long without ever losing it and his character just go so damn stale. this injury will help him alot more then it will hurt him. i have a feeling we all wont hate him as much when he gets back. now that hes injured we'll definitly have a new champ. id give the nod to orton on this one since he was probly gunna win the title at no mercy anyway. fueds with y2j, hbk and HHH most likely.

jeff hardy - like everything else in the wwe, jeff hardy is gunna make the most money, therefore hes ur ic champion. im a fan of jeffs so i dont mind him being the ic champ but id like to see others get there shot at the title. benjamin, kennedy and santino come to mind. id also love to see val venis get a huge push and maybe win this title. i always liked vv and he was always entertaining.

cade and murdoch - i actually really like this guys and they seem like a real old-school tag team to me. they are the only heel champs on the roster and i think heel champs are always better then face champs. they just need someone to have a really good fued with so they could really break out. i see fueds with londrick and the highlanders on the way. londrick probly takes the titles at some point.

candice - not only is she hot, but ive been really impressed with her in ring performances over the last few weeks and it really looks like shes been working her ass off at becoming a good wrestler. i see her losing the belt to beth phoenix sometime soon, but this rivalry might just be the best one the womans division has ever had.

Candice Michelle - She is a good wrestler I suppose and over the last couple of months she has improves vastly. I also like the fact that an ex diva search contestant has won the title. But, I would like to see Beth Phoenix win at No Mercy. She should of won last time, she's a good heel and oh so powerful. Pretty good on the mic too!
Cade and Murdoch - Good tag team and I really like them, they are good heels but they could be better. They don't always seem to get a good enough reaction from the crowd, probaly just the crowd not making an intrest though. I would like to see them get in a really good fued to show their skills off.
Jeff Hardy - Overall he is truely great. Great performer, good on the mic and the crowd love him. Great face and I would again like to see him in a really good fued and maybe he could speak on the mic a little more.

Randy Orton defeated Triple H at No Mercy after trips persevered a triatholon of WWE championship matches. The first being against Randy Orton, the second being against Umaga, and the last was against Randy Orton in a last man standing match. Which Randy Orton won.

Do you think this reign will last?
Will Randy Orton remain heel?
Do you think he deserved the title?

Well, all the Cena haters got their wish. Now, instead of a guy who was unimpressive in the ring but worked the mic better than most everyone else, we have...

a guy who is unimpressive in the ring and can't get through an interview without fucking up.

I pray to god he's a transition to the Kennedy era.

what the hell are you talking about?? not impressive in the ring?? he's WAY better then kennedy! and as for his mic skills, he's not the best but he sure is in the top 10! but to comeback to the point, i hope this reign will change his attitude. he could have a pretty decent run with the belt. this LMS was one of the best if not his best match in career! Now let the Legend Killer Era BEGIN!

Alright heres my first post of the forums so I'll try my best to make it a good one.

Randy Orton's reign is going to be average at best in terms of length, mostly due to HHH chasing him. I cant see this reign going past the Rumble if even. It most likely end at Survivor Series, possibly Armageddon.

As far as staying heel, its a safe bet. Considering he is facing HHH, who is completely over as a face, Orton will remain the top heel on RAW.

Orton derserved the title to an extent. His behavior improved a slight bit until the scandel hit in August, regardless he is performing above average in the ring and his mic skills are better than most at least IMO. Considering what happened to Cena, I believe he is one the best choices to take the belt along with Kennedy and HHH.

Well I'm pleased to finally see the strap on Orton. He is great on, the mic, a decent wrsetler, and the top heel in WWE right now. Unfortunatly his reign won't be that long because HHH will be chasing him, and HHH can't lose to many PPV matches. I see him losing it a Royal Rumble the latest.

Not only am I thrilled with Orton having the title, I loved the way he won it.

1) He got in handed to him, wrestled a strong match, and lost.

2) His opponent got hurt against Umaga shortly thereafter, allowing him to keep heel heat.

3) He got up from some tough spots, and won with a sudden move on that table outside.

Overall, great night for Orton , he earned it and I am looking forward to more between him and HHH.

Ortan - No way his reign will last further then survivor series. The guy has a scandal every ten minutes backstage, and the only reason he isnt fired is because vince doesn't want him to end up in TNA. The Game will get the title back before the end of the year, and by then hopefully Kennedy's push will have started for a Wrestlmania match.

randy_orton_small.jpg

Randy Orton

On Oct. 7, 2007 at No Mercy, Randy Orton was awarded the WWE Championship. During the night, he lost the title to Triple H only to win it back again in a bloody Last Man Standing battle.

Beth Phoenix

Beth Phoenix finally lived up to her potential as the Glamazon, a mix of beauty and power, by woman-handling Candice Michelle at No Mercy to become the new Women's Champion.

what can I say...BEST PPV in a loooong time. the new WWe champion deserves his spot as he gave one of his best performances so far. Randy Orton is truly WWe Champion material, and im glad that Triple H realized that fact.

I expect a decent Randy orton reign, maybe he will drop it in the rumble, but expect great performances in the coming PPVs.

I think WWE will be in shambles for the next several months. I also think Orton may lose the title quicker than anyone thinks.

Beth Phoenix

Beth Phoenix finally lived up to her potential as the Glamazon, a mix of beauty and power, by woman-handling Candice Michelle at No Mercy to become the new Women's Champion.
Finally we have a Women's Champion who has very good in ring ability. The glamazon era has begun. I'm looking forward to seeing Mickie feud with her for the title. Beth being champ may do the impossible... Bring back decent Women's matches to Raw!

randy_orton_small.jpg

Randy Orton

On Oct. 7, 2007 at No Mercy, Randy Orton was awarded the WWE Championship. During the night, he lost the title to Triple H only to win it back again in a bloody Last Man Standing battle.
Finally Randy Orton is our champ. I'm very happy about this as a heel finally has the title again. However with HHH being the number one contender, one can only hope that Orton can hold it for more then one PPV. One can also only hope that Edge goes back to Raw and feuds with Orton. I still say that the RKO vs Edge match on Raw a while back was one of the best matches I've seen certainly this year.
I'm very happy with both of the new champs.

randy_orton_small.jpg

Randy Orton

Well The Orton Era has begun again now again LOL. Ok guys Orton will hold that WWE Title till Summerslam 08. Yes he will fued with HHH and move on to HBK by Mania 24 then Y2J for most of the summer until the Champ Cena retruns and we got ourselfs a triple threat match at Summerslam. Orton vs Cena vs. Y2J. Cena wins Y2J turns heel and fueds with Cena. I see Orton having a long reign with the gold taking on Hardys,Kennedys,HHH,HBK,Lashley,Booker T and Y2J only to win everytime till Cena comes back to heros welcome and takes him out...Ortons a legit champion and deserves the number #1 spot but giving Cena the belt back will be the right move. If He will be back in June and I think Summerslam is the right time for him to go for the belt. Build up to it.Orton's the man and we will see just how good the ratings for Raw will be with him as champ.

Personally I like the idea to have Randy Orton as the WWE champion, despite the fact he causes so many problems from a business standpoint for the WWE but his potential(s) could not have been blinded by the WWE offices which put them in the position to hand Orton the WWE championship.

Its great to FINALLY see a heel as champion again, like previously said. I really hope the WWE wont blow this one and actually put this reign with Orton into good use as well as some great feuds which one that Im predicting will happen imediately will be Triple H vs randy Orton for the WWE title, most likely as soon as Cyber Sunday, despite the fact the feud sounds to have potential with the two great athletes, but it would be a great shame to see Triple H get the win from Orton seeing even Ortons last reign as WHC barely lasted and was only handed to him due to the fact Trips took time to film the Blade film.

I hope in the end this reign of Ortons isnt made ONLY to make Triple H good undisputed. I really want to see a good lengthy time to see what Randy Orton is really made of and what he can do as the WWE champion for a long term.

Beth Phoenix

Finally! A woman's champion we can all be proud of. Even if Beth's overall charisma level isn't as high as many people would like it to be, its very overshadowed by her in ring abilities, as her mat wrestling skills are second to none. She's the perfect mix of speed and power, although I'd have to agree that I liked her better as the strong, silent face, rather than the prissy heel. The Beth Phoenix now is pretty much her SHIMMER character 2.0.

randy_orton_small.jpg

Randy Orton

Well i never have been an Orton fan, but he truly deserved the title last night because he truly took a beating and got up from tough spots. He is the best heel in the WWE right now and he put on an amazing main event with HHH. I hope it is longer than a 1 month title reign so we can see if Orton is really championship material, and to see if in all reality he is actually the business risk mostly everyone thinks he is. I expect his reign to last up until the Rumble or even Wrestlemania if he can keep his nose clean, and i expect good matches and a good feud with HHH. Orton did impress me so i can see some good matches coming from him in the future but i see the person to dethrone him is Triple H.

WWE CHAMPION:
In recent weeks i have become an Orton fan and think that with orton as champ monday night raw will take off, respect to triple h for putting orton over, and for those who say triple h had 3 fights, orton had 2 fights that night aswell.
I think with orton as champion wwe needs to take a look at the roster and decide who are going to be the top 5 competitors for the title. i think that Orton and hhh are the top 2, chris jericho returning could easily go straight into the mix, i think umaga has potential to go over, as does mr kennedy, just not yet.. there is a long career ahead of him so why rush him?

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION
I think hardy is a poor choice for intercontinental champion, i love the stuff he is doing with london and kendrick, a new team extreme with hardy in a kind of mentor role would restore alot of credibility to the flailing tag team division. I would love to see umaga feud with kennedy for the ic title, as well as having shelton and carlito in the mix. i think these 4 are the future of the wwe but need genuine ic title feuds to put them over (see rock versus triple h)

TAG TEAM TITLES:
I think cryme time was a big loss to the tag division on raw. i think a surge of popularity in the tag division could be just what the wwe needs right now, i think that london and kendrick with hardy as a mentor could go so over as the new team extreme, make this happen, put the titles on themm have cade and murdoch as there rivals, the highlanders, well im not a fan but at least there another tag team... and also form some new tag teams with guys like cody rhodes and val venis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back