Old School Ask A Question Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After finding old footage on youtube, I found out that Kevin Sullivan was a face for the early part of his career and actually teamed with Dusty Rhodes. Did he turn heel in Georgia or when he went to Florida? What was his inspiration for the Devil Worshipping gimmick? What were some other people in his stable during his time in Florida other than Mark Lewin, Boob Roop, Superstar Graham, Luna Vachona, Nancy Benoit (RIP), and Oliver HUmperdink? Why didn't he go to the WWF with it?

This is also when having long hair helps. When you have someone in a front facelock or in a headlock, you can lean over them and the fans don't see your lips moving. When you attend houseshows and sit in the first few rows, you may sometimes get to hear the wrestlers talking to one another.

Pay attention to when someone is down on the mat or in the corner and the referee pushes the other wrestler back. The referee will lean over as if asking if the person is alright or checking on them. Sometimes the referee is just giving instructions to the downed wrestler.

Did The Powers Of Pain or Demolition face each other after they split?

I saw a video on Daily Motion of Crush vs Repo Man so if you count that than yes. Demolition were immediately repackaged and the Powers of Pain were both kept heel so they never faced each other.

I know Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart faced off in WCW in tag team matches but did they ever actually go at it 1 on 1?

There was an episode of Nitro where Hart and Sting both challenged Hogan in consectutive matches. Hart went first, got injured and the match was stopped. Sting then came out and was about to beat Hogan when Hart came back supposedly to cheer on Sting. Hart broke up the scorpion deathlock revealing that he faked his injury. That was the only time they went against each other.

Does anyone know how the Attidude era began. Not how it began but when did it start getting calle Attitude and who came up witht that name. When did it come offical to the fans ?

In the 1987 Survivor Series 10 on 10 tag team match, the elimination of the British Bulldogs is edited out. Was it edited out of the original broadcast? Also, does anyone know why it was edited out? That is one of my favorite matches, but it bugs me when it cuts ahead and the Bulldogs disappear.

Will we ever see the WWE Undisputed Championship again or will there always be 2 World titles in WWE?

Will we ever see the WWE Undisputed Championship again or will there always be 2 World titles in WWE?

This isn't really a question that can be properly answered. Noone knows if they'll recombine the two (or three now) World Championships, to remake the Undisputed Championship.

I imagine it'd happen if the brand extention ever ends, but not likely within the next couple of years since McMahon believes hes getting a huge boost of extra money out of the split brands.

Im watching hbk vs marty jannetty on the best of raw dvd and i recognize the ref from somewhere. Anyone know who it was? Think it might have been bill alfonso.

Im watching hbk vs marty jannetty on the best of raw dvd and i recognize the ref from somewhere. Anyone know who it was? Think it might have been bill alfonso.

Yes it was. Fonzie did referee in wwe before going to ecw.

ok old schoolers, who taught the undertaker how to walk the ropes? i'm pretty sure i know but i'm wondering if anyone else knows

I believe it was "the spoiler" Don Jardine, but I dunno for definite, just something I vaguely recall hearing about.

I have a couple of questions!

Highest rated Clash Of the Champions ever?

Last time WWF aired Primetime Wrestling on the USA network?

Finally, the combined total of attendance for Wrestlemania 2 with the three locations!

Thank you very much!

Are these questions because you don't know the answer or do you think that this is a Trivia thread? This is for questioning stuff that you don't know the answer to rather than Trivia there is a trivia thread elsewhere in the forum.

So i heard before that during bob backland's first wwwf title run he lost the belt to some wrestler in japan but the wwf refused to reconize it....so does anyone know what happened?

So i heard before that during bob backland's first wwwf title run he lost the belt to some wrestler in japan but the wwf refused to reconize it....so does anyone know what happened?

From Wikipedia
The first instance saw NWF Champion Antonio Inoki pin Bob Backlund in a match in Tokusima, Japan on November 30, 1979 to win the title.[14] Inoki was then billed as both NWF and WWF Champion in subsequent matches.[15] On December 6 Inoki and Backlund fought over the WWF title once again; this time, Backlund pinned Inoki but had the result thrown out by WWF president Hisashi Shinma due to outside interference.[16] After the match, Inoki refused to accept the WWF title back and Backlund appeared in the US days later as the WWF champion[17] with no official announcement of the title change ever being acknowledged by the WWF.

I think you're talking about Antonio Inoki. Backlund was on tour in Japan and was beaten by Inoki in a title match, more or less to give the Japanese fans a thrill. There was a rematch a few days later which Backlund won due to outside interferrence. The title was given back to Inoki, but he said he was beaten and therefore Backlund was champion. WWF never mentioned it on TV. This has happened several times actually. Carlos Colon beat Ric Flair more than once to be world champion in Puerto Rico, which was also never mentioned on tv.

reading this thread i saw something about undertaker vs fake undertaker. it got me thinking who was the old (fake) kane vs the current kane version.? someone said it was the undertaker but i dont know.

How old was DDP when he first won the WCW world's heaveyweight championship?

reading this thread i saw something about undertaker vs fake undertaker. it got me thinking who was the old (fake) kane vs the current kane version.? someone said it was the undertaker but i dont know.

If you're talking about two years or so ago, when another Kane appeared in his old attire, it was Drew Hankinson aka Festus.

What era is the WCW title in the Smackdown vs. Raw game from, and who wore that specific title? Thanks.

That was the title that came to be after Flair took the gold belt to WWF. Then, when he gave it back, WCW kept both for a while until going with the big gold belt design after a unification match.

The title was held by Vader for the most part, but Ron Simmons and Sting had it at one point as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back