*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] The Nexus General Discussion thread

What Should Happen?

• Continue With 5 Members

• Reinstate Darren Young With The Group

• Recruit Rookies from NXT Season II

• Recruit Wrestler(s) From The Locker Room

• Disban

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Daniel Bryan firing has affected the angle somewhat. We all know that WWE can rehire them whenever they want. They will have him sit on the sidelines for the duration of the no complete clause and rehire before it expires to stop him going elsewhere. If they do reintroduce him, it might be against the NXT's as they threw out of the group as he didn't agree with the methods.

According to a source within WWE, I've been told that Chris Jericho will turn out to be the leader of the NXT faction.

However, it should be noted that the idea is being reconsidered due to Jericho's decision to host the upcoming game show "Downfall." As we exclusively reported before, WWE is said to be upset about the possibility of Jericho devoting more time to the show than to WWE. I was told this is how WWE operates; wrestlers are not allowed to have an escape fantasy, let alone an escape hatch.

I was also told there is speculation that when Triple H returns, he will be revealed as the NXT faction leader, but the idea of it being Chris Jericho is definitely an idea that was/is being talked about.

I think this would be great if Jericho is the leader of this faction I think it could really work and give Jericho something else to do. I don't know how their storyline will pan out but still I would like to see how this will turn out. However it also says HHH could be there and I am thinking wow that would be a really shocking turn of events and a great way to turn HHH heel. What are your thoughts?

The rumor swirling is Chris Jericho may be the mastermind behind the NXT group.

If it is true i think Chris Jericho can solidify himself as one of the greatest of all time.

There is a precedence that stars become superstars when they lead a faction. The obvious examples are Ric Flair leading the Horseman. HHH with DX and Evolution, Angle with the Mafia, and Orton with Legacy.

With Jericho being the NXT leader he can complete 2 of the greatest consecutive years in wrestling history. Starting with his fued with HBK in summer 2008, then flawlessly moving to his angle with the washed-up veterans. Fueding with Rey Mysterio, and then his time with the tag team titles. Its equivalent to having back-to-back MVP seasons.

Every single angle he has touched has turned into golden entertainment. And him continuing the run as NXT would complete his career.

Why Chris Jericho is the perfect pick for leading. He already has a solid history with the NXT group, when he was leading the winner Wade Barrett. More importantly he had a positive relationship with his rookie.

Secondly, Jericho has well document history of being treated poorly by management. Which is the number 1 issue the NXT group has. Jericho has been treated poorly in real-life by WCW and in storyline by WWE... as recently as 2009 being fired, and in 2010 getting kicked off RAW. Thirdly, if the leader is targeting Cena, nobody should have a bigger gripe with him than Jericho... still never getting his revenge for Cena being the cause of him leaving the WWE in 2005.

Anything less than Jericho leading NXT will be a huge mistake, and cost Jericho his chance at being a 10 top wrester of all time.

That would be epic if he was the NXT leader. It would be kinda cool though to see the team split into two factions. Four of the guys (including Wade Barrett, of course) stay on RAW with Jericho leading them, and the other three head to Smackdown, and they find a leader, another veteran with an axe of his own to grind perhaps. That way, the WWE could allow this angle to cross all their shows.

Of course, that's wishful thinking, but it could be interesting.

If they do reveal that there is someone involved with the NXT invasion besides the rookies, Jericho is a great choice. He already has a relationship with Barrett, they got along well on the NXT show and he also might have some similar gripes as these guys do with management the way things have been going for him. Of course I`ve also heard WWE isn`t thrilled he took that gig hosting the show on ABC, but I personally don`t think it`s that big a deal. With this particular at least he`s started filming already and was still at Raw Monday, so hopefully it`s not effecting his schedule too much. I dunno how WWE will react if he keeps getting and taking offers like these though. If it`s not Jericho, I could see them having it be HHH.

While I agree that they need a veteran presence, I would rather see Chris turn face and fued with someone he can really trash.

He was at his best before he left when he was fueding with Steph. There back an forth smack talking was classic.

Jericho's comedy is the best in the business.

as far as leading NXT he recent losing streak could be used as evidence that he might turn out to lead the group.

There is a real problem right now with this faction. Beyond Barrett (who I'm not convinced is near main event level right now), I've got no reason to fear any of the rest of them. Sure they hunt well in a pack of 7 (as any group of 7 wrestlers would) but at some point they're going to need to start having wrestling matches, and right now I can't put any of the other 6 over any WWE "contracted"/"pro" wrestlers.

In laying the seeds of the storyline, I really think they've caused their own downfall. In creating them as "animals" pissed off at their treatment and the tasks they had to do, they've not properly put them over as in ring talent.

If it's going to be NXT vs RAW, in wrestling matches of varying sizes, I cannot believe an NXT win, I can't buy it.

The other problem that hasn't been explained, is why is Barrett the leader. He had a WWE contract, he has no reason to be there.

And I know that within this storyline that you have to suspend a lot of belief, for example nobody coming out and saving Cena. In reality it makes no sense, but for the sake of the storyline it needed to be done. A load of RAW superstars coming out to save Cena would've killed the angle before it started. But the Barrett thing hasn't been explained, and I think it should've been.

WWE have started to build the NXT faction up and more than likely of course it will become something like nWo, from when the Rookies, invaded RAW and beat Cena to taking Bret this week and all those other chaotic thing they have done so far, has made them look like a very credible force at the moment. Now i can see at least 2 more people joining the group.

Also Barrett as leader is great, he has leader qualities, and i can see at least 1 or 2 others being up their on Wade's level, but as for the rest we need to see how they develop.

I have heard Y2J and Triple H as possibilties behind the NXT invasions. The only one of those two I could see as credible to that is Triple H. They could run with this as the NEW Evolution! Y2J I just dont know what they could possibly do with that, I would be shocked if they stayed with him as he is not a the type of guy who needs to lead some kind of faction.

HHH should be behind it all. Hes been gone for awhile, and this is how he should return. Nxt and wwe are fighting it out, wwe is getting beat down, ITS TIME TO PLAY THE GAME, HHH music hits, crowd gos nuts, he comes down w/ sledgehammer, but hits Cena and rest of wwe guys, raw ends withh hhh in the middle with nxt guys on each side of him. next week his explanation. HHH: while I was injured I was thinking, when guys like me retire who will take over, then I saw the nxt guys and they are the future.

So, how awesome was that ending to RAW?

After the release of Danielson, I was a bit worried WWE might pull the plug on the storyline. Thankfully, that didn't happen, and the story is progressing full steam ahead. I love it. Barrett's opening promo was EXCELLENT, and I seriously marked out when he ran down the challenges and how the rookies were treated terribly. It was good to explain Bryan's absence/firing by making him a potential mega-babyface-opposer of the group should he ever be rehired. The Radicals (Loving that name, btw) were a major focus of the show which was very smart. They put each other over as The Future of the company, and everyone save Darren Young was very believable, even Gabriel.

The Radicals NEED to make an impact at the PPV tomorrow. I'd like them to coerce Bret into letting Barrett into the Fatal 4 Way match after he takes out Orton via the shoulder injury the announcer's keep playing up. No matter what happens, I know something is going to happen at the PPV, considering Barrett clearly demanded an answer by Sunday.

The limo driver's identity is a mystery. There's a possibility it was Danielson, but I doubt it. People are saying they heard Skippy say "GO DANNY GO" but I heard nothing of the sort. I would say that the limo driver was a stunt driver but a big name like Jericho would be revealed as the one who was "driving" it. Or they could have coerced a random limo driver. That's the best thing about this storyline...it has us guessing, not knowing ANYTHING for sure. The unpredictability of it all is fantastic. I love it!

I think earlier in the thread Big Sexy mentioned one of the NXT stars needs to step up in Danielson's place as the other possible main eventer. I agree with him that it could very well be Michael Tarver. He had the roughest time on NXT despite being very interesting on the mic and not being terrible in the ring. He was eliminated because of some stupid technicality that Management seemed to pull out of their asses, which was referenced during Barrett's opening promo.

WWE has been doing a great job of providing a VERY exciting story that could twist and turn and has us all wondering where it could go next. Bravo, WWE. Bravo.

I didn't like the follow up to their chaotic adventure into mass destruction. I guess I just don't really like the way they are handling it. I could say what I think, but all my hopes were dashed when they came out early. The inclusion of guys coming down to help who could give a shit less about Cena, and Sheamus's explanation of why he helped were just plain sad. Shaemus has two other guys to worry about on top of Cena, IMO both he and Edge should have been laughing their asses off. NXT could have made another statement by destroying one of those two, giving them a real reason to despise this group.

Each encounter other than the FCW show has seen the NXTers get beaten off and chased away like scared little bitches. An how do they follow this up? By injuring a cripple, who by the way should never of been put into that position in the first place. Why have 15 or so guys out there to protect the 4 most capable guys in the business. There were only seven of them, why not stick 7 or 8 guys in the back to protect the one guy who has screwed over the NXTers the most?

Someone a few posts back mentioned why Barrett would align himself with the rest of NXTers? He makes a very valid point, he was trained by Jericho and was in my opinion kind of following Jericho's me first mentality.

He had everything he could have wanted a contract and a future title shot. Why waste it?

Oh well hopefully something big happens tonight to really redeem the Angle.

Basically, the latest Raw rendered these guys impotent. It didn't make them look weak - I'm not saying it made them look weak. They got fought off by greater numbers.

However, they're simply not a threat any more. NXT are invading en masse? Give a shit; even the heels are willing to come out and beat them down. No need to worry. The only time they'll be perceived as a threat from now on is when they're picking on stroke victims.

Basically, the latest Raw rendered these guys impotent. It didn't make them look weak - I'm not saying it made them look weak. They got fought off by greater numbers.

However, they're simply not a threat any more. NXT are invading en masse? Give a shit; even the heels are willing to come out and beat them down. No need to worry. The only time they'll be perceived as a threat from now on is when they're picking on stroke victims.

Agree 100%.

Big mistake having the heels come out.

Stroke victims or when they have someone outnumbered 7-1. They were made to look like chickenshit nothings with that stunt on Hart.

Sad there was so much potential in this Angle, maybe if it comes out that Hart is in on it, I dunno. That silly limo thing couldn't have hurt him much. Maybe gave him whiplash or something.

After the release of Danielson, I was a bit worried WWE might pull the plug on the storyline. Thankfully, that didn't happen, and the story is progressing full steam ahead. I love it. Barrett's opening promo was EXCELLENT, and I seriously marked out when he ran down the challenges and how the rookies were treated terribly. It was good to explain Bryan's absence/firing by making him a potential mega-babyface-opposer of the group should he ever be rehired. The Radicals (Loving that name, btw) were a major focus of the show which was very smart. They put each other over as The Future of the company, and everyone save Darren Young was very believable, even Gabriel.

Wouldn't Daniels firing have better served the Radicals as further proof of them being abused by management? That way if WWE does bring Daniels back, he would be able to return to the group. Without him, that group is lacking major credibility.

The Radicals NEED to make an impact at the PPV tomorrow. I'd like them to coerce Bret into letting Barrett into the Fatal 4 Way match after he takes out Orton via the shoulder injury the announcer's keep playing up. No matter what happens, I know something is going to happen at the PPV, considering Barrett clearly demanded an answer by Sunday.

Would Bret really need to be coerced? As the GM, he can hire them, then make their wrestling lives as miserable as possible by putting individuals members in matches where the odds are heavily against them, no title shots, assinine gimmick matches e.g. pig pen match, (insert gimmick) on a pole match, etc.

I was watching the PPV and noticed something really interesting. Before NXT guys attacked backstage Edge throws Sheamus on commentators and after that I didnt hear Micheal cole on microphone. After the backstage attack, Jerry lalwer noticed that Micheal was'nt there and he said he is going to help Micheal and put his headphones down. Micheal was sitting on the side. After that commentory went off completly. My point is that wwe is giving Micheal every chance to escape from the attack.He escaped in their first attack and put his headphones down today and sit to the side so that he does not have to criticise them on TV. Now For me, after today's incident I am 100% sure that he is the leader of NXT guys which will be revealed in few weeks. I want to know did anyone else noticed that today too?

Why would they waste this big of an angle on having michael cole be the leader or behind it. Thats a major power position for him to have and it makes more sense for Jim Ross to be behind it or even Jericho or HHH. I just cant see Vince greenlighting this to be Michael Cole behind it.

They'll keep all doors open...

More than likely they'll keep it a mystery for at least another month or two. They'll keep listening to the fans and hearing what people are speculating.

WWE does this more than people think.. They let a storyline continue to be a mystery and they let their ears draw the path to go.

For example.. Smackdown is having a very similar storyline

Right now they have the oppurtunity to give the push to a number of individuals when it comes to the undertaker attack.

More than likely it's going to be Kane, Swagger, or CM Punk. Maybe it'll be a debut but I'm sure Vince has his people out there listening and reading what people think of a possible Kane/Taker feud or vice versa with Swagger/Punk/Etc

Why exactly do they need a leader, besides Wade Barrett? It makes more sense for them to be a unit of their own than to have someone from WWE behind their attacks. Cole makes no sense, except for the initial surprise factor, like Adamle, but after that it would be just lame.....actually for WWE, that's normal....

p.s. fuck Cena

NXT leader is either HHH, Bret Hart or NXT themselves.... MAYBE Vince

SD's attack on Undertaker is either Kane or HBK in my eyes.

I think they can keep the taker one going longer, way longer.. maybe as far as RR

I must admit when i saw Cole had gone and Lawler turned and said 'Where'd Michael Cole go?' i did immediately say to myself 'It IS Cole behind all this!' But then nothing happened. The only guys to get beaten up were the wrestlers and none of the commentators, so i don't understand why they all stopped talking completely unless they're all supposed to have run off, because you never got a shot of the annouce table again after that.

To be honest I had spent the time after Edge's promo believing he'd suddenly tur out to be the leader, because he didn't mention the NXT guys at all in his 'what's on everyone's mind' speech

I was watching the PPV and noticed something really interesting. Before NXT guys attacked backstage Edge throws Sheamus on commentators and after that I didnt hear Micheal cole on microphone. After the backstage attack, Jerry lalwer noticed that Micheal was'nt there and he said he is going to help Micheal and put his headphones down. Micheal was sitting on the side. After that commentory went off completly. My point is that wwe is giving Micheal every chance to escape from the attack.He escaped in their first attack and put his headphones down today and sit to the side so that he does not have to criticise them on TV. Now For me, after today's incident I am 100% sure that he is the leader of NXT guys which will be revealed in few weeks. I want to know did anyone else noticed that today too?

Reminds me of the Who Shot Mr. Burns Simpsons episode. All the evidence pointed towards Smithers at an attempt to sway everyone when it turns out it was someone else all along. Now I'm not saying there is anyone behind it, but if there is Cole being the so called leader would be way too obvious.

If WWE is really smart they can keep this going WITHOUT a leader.

I would keep it going until which point it looks like NXT is gonna loose out with the WWE guys fighting back, then BOOM have the season 2 rookies join them to make the odds even better for NXT.

Can keep this sh*t going right through the summer and beyond, best thing on wrestling right now anyway.

Maybe Cole really got hit pretty hard by the Seamus thing. Cole looked pretty shaken up, red faced and dazed, and I don't think his acting's that good.

I could maybe understand you saying they kept Cole out of the way if they'd attacked the crew around the ring and announcers again, but that wasn't the case this time.

I'm thinking that we will not know who the "leader" is for a while, until they are able to hire Daniel Bryan back anyway. Cole wouldn't make a good leader at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back