*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak Discussion

who should be the next victim of 'the streak'?

• big show

• triple h

• rey mysterio

• mvp

• drew mcintyre

• c.m. punk

• chris jericho

• edge

• john cena

• sheamus

• randy orton

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is this really the beginning of the end for the Undertakers streak? Here me out...I personally would have never dreamed in a million years that Takers streak would end...I still dont believe because I'm skeptical. But, with Nexus attacking him at Bragging Rights, could this be the beginning of the end for him? The way I see it, Cena stays in Nexus a little while longer. This whole mumbo jumbo about a "much bigger picture" could signal the end...for Takers streak that is. Cena stays in Nexus the rest of the year, no big whoop, theres only like 2 months in the year. At Rumble time, he helps Wade Barrett win the Rumble, then Barrett goes on to Mania to face maybe Randy Orton for the title. Then Barrett says he is forcing Cena to fight the Undertaker at Mania. Why in the blue hell would Nexus have attacked Taker tonight, because I'm gonna need some damn good convincing that Cena wont ultimately end the streak and become "the biggest heel the company has ever seen"

Good Day Wrestling Junkies........

Undertaker @ WM27. So many speculations are out there about Cena, Brock and a new one i ran across is HBK.

Who is it gonna be? Is it even gonna be someone danmed above?

Lets have it, if this was your one Make-A-Wish moment and you could decide who face Undertaker at WM and the leadup to the Main Event what and who whould you choose?

Personally i still dont know who i wan tto face taker at WM since it will "be" his last match. Its almost to bitter sweet to have him face someone that would put it all down.

I can think of some in and out of the WWE that should have the job.

Sting, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, HBK, HHH Vince, even a one more match with Austin or the Rock. With the current WWE card it just doesn't seem far for Taker to go out with Cena. He isn't even on the same caliber as Taker.

Let me know how you feel about this and see who you could come up with for his Final Farewell.

Let's face it people undertaker is like the shining jewel of the wwe, the top dog of the pack. Hell even CENA lost @ Wrestlemaina, who's the main focus of this crappy era of wrestling called the PG era, but that's a topic for a different time. Taker's definately a company man who puts the company before hinself, and has been rewarded for it obvisiouly. No one has been to as many wrestlemania's as him, or been in the WWE as long as him. This is one of the few things that makes him legendery. I don't think anyone deserves to end the streak, and hell anyone of the mid-carders could benefit from facing taker at WM anyway so it's a win-win senerio. Now I don't know who I want taker to face, Cena if and only if he's a heel, if not kane or Randy Orton, maybe even Wade Barret. As long as no one beats taker at WM, it's fine by me,, expecially since it's one of the reasons people order WM(if taker is wrestling). Hell its one of the things that got me hooked into wrestling two or three years ago any way, and would benefit the new coming fans. Of course this is simply my opinon, if you disagree please give valid reasons why.:worship:

There is a lot of concern over The Undertaker right now within WWE. Officials fear that if he can't be healthy for a WrestleMania 27 match then that's a huge problem for the pay-per-view.

Well this isn't good news. Taker's streak has become one of the main attractions for Wrestlemania over the years, and if he can't make the card, then it won't be good for WWE. We've all seen the signs of Taker's numerous injuries. He's banged up, but I'm sure people will still want to see him wrestle at Mania 27. Everyone wants to see him go for 19-0. Still, I think we will see Undertaker at Wrestlemania next year. If I remember correctly, Taker was having some issues with his health earlier this year prior to Wrestlemania 26, so he'll probably fight through the pain again.

I was out yesterday when I started thinking about The Undertaker and his undefeated run at WrestleMania.
I would first like to say that this isn't too serious and it was basically an occurance that I thought could possibly happen if the WWE wanted it to. It's almost certain that it wouldn't happen, but it's an interesting concept that I think is worthy of discussion.
Again, don't take it too seriously.

Taker is currently 18-0 at WrestleMania. At the moment, his health is damaging his chances at reaching a milestone 20 undefeated WrestleMania matches. We'd all love to see him end his career on a milestone but it just may not be possible with his recurring conditions.
But what if WWE were to take a shortcut?

Picture this: Taker returns at the Royal Rumble as a surprise entry and wins. Taker is granted a World Heavyweight title shot against the champion (most likely to be Kane to conclude the feud). Taker wins at WrestleMania 27 and becomes the new World Heavywieght Champion. Taker celebrates his 19th straight WrestleMania victory in the ring.
And then BAM, out comes the winner of the WrestleMania 27 Money in the Bank. The eager hopeful throws the briefcase at the referee and the bell rings. In the confusion and excitement, he slips up and Taker plants him with a tombstone piledriver, picking up the win.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this would make The Undertaker 20-0 at WrestleMania, allowing him to end his career next year with 20 straight victories at WrestleMania.

As I've stated, it's an unlikely occurance and it's not to be taken too seriously, but it could happen if the WWE wanted it to. So I ask this:
- Would WWE take such a shortcut to reach this milestone whilst saving Taker's health?
- Is this the best course of action given Taker's current state of health?
- How would you feel if this happened?

Thanks.

This actually seems like very possible senario for mania. It would be a little shitty to have Taker retire with a 19-0 streak and never be able to make it to the big two zero. I can imagine someone like Del Rio winning the Case and cashing in right away, only to be thwarted by the un-beatable Undertaker.

Makes great sense and great way to think outside the box mate.

If I were to book this I would have taker fight Wade Barrett (with nexus run ins), And then have Kane as the MITB winner who challenges him and loses, I think this would work very well and tie up lose ends along the way.

Great idea :)

The second part seems a little far fetched I believe. Only because I don't think The Undertaker himself would want to take that shortcut to get to 20-0. It sort of goes against the way he has conducted himself throughout his career. I do believe though that he should challenge the WWE champion at WM27 if the storyline is written for him to return at the Royal Rumble. That way he could end his career on Raw where I feel he truly belongs. Whether or not he has a title to defend at WM28 would remain to be seen but he could then win WM28 whatever the scenario and there we have it........

I was actually thinking would this be the scenario at WM27. Taker has a hard fought match at WM27 for the World Title, either with Barrett or Cena. Then after the match The Miz pops out only to get caught with the Hell's Gate.

Of course this is not going to happen since Miz already cashed in. I think 20-0 can still happen but I have a feeling Taker will be taking a long extended time off a few months after WM27 so he can be healthy for WM28.

My feeling is Taker is going to take long, very extended breaks now. He'll probably be back in some form for to get 19 - 0, perhaps beating Kane one more time in a short match showing his dominance. He'll disappear again to fully heal if he hasn't already, then come back again to add more of a presence and also be used to establish some other stars. He'll then face John Cena and have final, great outing before beating Cena, barely, to make it 20 - 0.

Huh, neve thought about it, but I think it is probably the only way it could go for Taker to end his career with 20-0. I don't really think that he will make it to WM28, not that I wouldn't want to see that, of course, but for this to happen he would have to be out almost all 2011, immediately after WM27, coming back just prior to WM28, and that wouldn't be a nice way to end Taker's history in WWE. I'd rather watch him earn a "cheap" 20-0 by having two matches on WM27.

It would be ridiculous for WWE to take that road. Mostly considering while I get the whole "Saving Undertaker a bit of time within the ring" stuff and letting him leave a little more healthy. But on the other hand, you have to remember that WWE has loads of success with Wrestlemania due to the Undertaker storyline. It is one of the few major storylines that we're more or less guaranteed every year.

If WWE takes a shortcut for that, not only does it kill the potential for another year of building up an epic feud. But it also would most likely kill the interest of some of the WWE viewers.

And of course, you cannot forget the fact that it wouldn't give the chance for another wrestler to build his credibility up to the point where we actually want to see him challenge Undertaker. They can do that with 2 years of build-up rather than 1 and a lousy build-up.

And finally, it would bury the hell out of the Money in the Bank winner. The Money in the Bank winner is given the briefcase to be pushed and become world champion at least once in their lifetime. WWE wouldn't want to screw the Money in the Bank holder out of a possible world title this way.

I actually thought earlier that they might put him in a Gauntlet match.

Say a stable wanna all get their hands on 'Taker, he says, well I'll face all 3 of you. Then the 3rd man gets taken out before the match by Taker. Comes down to the match, and 'Taker knows, either he has to beat 2 men or they found a replacement. He beats the 1st 2 guys, taking his streak up to 20-0.

Then, he thinks that he's won, but the other 2 have found a replacement. JOHN CENA. Cena comes down, they fight for a while, but Cena gets the upper-hand & wins the match. Not only would people HATE him for it, but it's a simple way of getting Taker to 20-0 & also ending the streak

The Undertaker should never lose his streak. Period. No one wil benefit if he goes 18-1 or 19-1 or God forbid 20-1. This year coming up I think he should be put in a tag team match, which would still count. I would book Undertaker and John Cena in a tag team handicap match vs. the entire Nexus. This would let Cena do what he does best: get the holy hell beat out of him for like 15 minutes, then eventually Taker gets in and decimates EVERYONE (the big jump over the ropes would be better if he landed on six guys rather than a stupid cameraman\idiot wrestler) and pin someone with a Tombstone or lock in the Hell's Gate. Afterwards have Taker choke-slam Cena (which is par for the course for him!) and it'll lead to the final match at Wrestlemania 28 for 20-0.

I contemplated this recently as well. If I was a mechanic, I'd say to mccool to get her last ride out of taker because hes gonna be scrapped (pun intended). I personally think for his health and age that retiring this Wrestlemania would be the best option. But there is only one problem with that scenario, isn't twenty a really nice round number?

Yes imagine the sounds for any guy winning say three back to back matches at the grandest stage. You can just hear king saying only 17 left until he reaches the dead-man's 20 WM undefeated streak (jokes). Its rolls off the tongue. The demon of death valley, 20 times he rose to the occassion, 20 times he faced the odds and when all said and done 20 times were his victims laid to REST.....IN.....PEACE..........

So now I am in two minds about 19 or 20, 19 or 20. I have after careful consideration been won over by the arguement he ought never to lose there. So for me it just boils down to the case of a number now. One hand mark callaways health, on the other two more laps round the rollercoaster of proffessional wrestling.

It will almost certainly be another year of undertaker getting a free pass after mania, coming back from time to time to say hi to the WWE Universe....erm.... I mean IGNITE THE SOULS OF THE CREATURES OF THE NIGHT. Yes funnily enough undertaker is a man who almost exclusively fights at mania now and whilst anybody else we'd be ranting and raving, he gets a free pass because anyone and everyone will go to see the man, the myth and the legend. The TRUE enigma of wrestling, the reaper of lost souls, the devil's favorite demon....sorry I have to stop before it sounds like I'm introducing him to a boxing match.

At the end of the day, even if he ended up wrestling as poorly as mick foley (a guy who isn't even a naturaly born wrestler still going into his mid-40s!....no undertaker would never allow himself to be that bad.<shudders>) I'd still watch, I'd still be entertained and cheer for THE MAN. <ahem> sorry the man who beat Mr. Wrestlemania back-to-back years AT Wrestlemania (shouldn't he automatically inherit the title by default now?) Because there is so much you can do with the gimmick of the undertaker as has been proven for the last twenty years, there is almost no eventuality you could put him at the grandest stage that would be to the point that it would change my opinion of the man as a performer and human being, so I have no problem, logically speaking, of him going until 2012, when, in accordance with minority belief, the world will indeed end.......because my favorite wrestler of all time, THE DEAD MAN, will finally hang up his boots, may they never be filled. And his Eulogy will read:

<<<<<<<<Farewell UNDERTAKER, MAY YOU REST......IN......PEACE....................>>>>>>>>

I have thought about this a lot and thought it would be a great way for the Undertaker to become 20-0. I wanted Miz to hold onto his money in the bank and after Taker won, I wanted him to cash in and lose. Trust me I am the biggest Miz Mark on Wrestlezone but I thought it was the best. Noone has never lost there money in the bank match. So wouldn't the match be pointless at Mainia if they cash in that night and lose? Just think it would be the least expected thing if Miz cashed in on Taker and then lost. Everyone's mouth in the crowd would drop. I would like to see Taker vs Sheamus for the WWE title with Undertaker winning and then Miz cashing in and losing. Obviously that won't happen now.

I was out yesterday when I started thinking about The Undertaker and his undefeated run at WrestleMania.
I would first like to say that this isn't too serious and it was basically an occurance that I thought could possibly happen if the WWE wanted it to. It's almost certain that it wouldn't happen, but it's an interesting concept that I think is worthy of discussion.

Taker is currently 18-0 at WrestleMania. At the moment, his health is damaging his chances at reaching a milestone 20 undefeated WrestleMania matches. We'd all love to see him end his career on a milestone but it just may not be possible with his recurring conditions.

Picture this: Taker returns at the Royal Rumble as a surprise entry and wins. Taker is granted a World Heavyweight title shot against the champion (most likely to be Kane to conclude the feud). Taker wins at WrestleMania 27 and becomes the new World Heavywieght Champion. Taker celebrates his 19th straight WrestleMania victory in the ring.
And then BAM, out comes the winner of the WrestleMania 27 Money in the Bank. The eager hopeful throws the briefcase at the referee and the bell rings. In the confusion and excitement, he slips up and Taker plants him with a tombstone piledriver, picking up the win.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this would make The Undertaker 20-0 at WrestleMania, allowing him to end his career next year with 20 straight victories at WrestleMania.

As I've stated, it's an unlikely occurance and it's not to be taken too seriously, but it could happen if the WWE wanted it to. So I ask this:
- Would WWE take such a shortcut to reach this milestone whilst saving Taker's health?

Thanks.

Apparently you forgot one thing:

At Wrestlemania 19, Undertaker was 10-0 when he defeated two men, Big Show & A-Train. After he defeated both of them, his streak became 11-0 not 12-0. It's not how many people he defeated, but the victory in one year/one Wrestlemania. Thus, if WWE go with your plan,he would still be 19-0 not 20-0.

At Wrestlemania 19, Undertaker was 10-0 when he defeated two men, Big Show & A-Train. After he defeated both of them, his streak became 11-0 not 12-0. It's not how many people he defeated, but the victory in one year/one Wrestlemania. Thus, if WWE go with your plan,he would still be 19-0 not 20-0.

I disagree. The WM19 match was a handicapped match so it is considered one match. The proposed scenario would be two different matches making Taker 20-0. I had this thought too. Considering everyone who has cashed in MITB has won the crowd reaction would be off the charts. People would have to assume Taker would lose. Then when he pulled off the win the crowd would erupt. Not sure if I would want to see this but it could work.

It would be a plausible scenario, but I don't believe it will happen. Although winning 2 matches in one Wrestlemania would just add to the legend and the aura surrounding the Undertaker, I don't believe that it would be the way to go. It would, in effect, kill the buzz that any Money In The Bank winner would have. How would the guy who lost to 'Taker recover? I mean, he just tried to prey on a vulnerable Undertaker (who went through a hellacious match, and was more tired than Mr. MITB) and lost. Any and all momentum would be dead. What, would the guy start a storyline challenging 'Taker to a match and result in a feud? No, because 'Taker would be on his way out. We all know it wouldn't happen. It would be a far more intelligent idea to give 'Taker a win at Wrestlemania 27 and then one at WM 28. Build up one last HUGE match for Undertaker after Wrestlemania 27, have a match here or there throughout the entire year building up to 'Mania 28 and them BAM... His farewell match, which happens to make him 20-0 at Wrestlemania. That way his legend grows as does his legacy, and the WWE gets one more year out of him.

Thanks.

While I agree that 'Taker should end with a 20-0 record instead of a 19-0 undefeated 'Mania streak, I don't think that he would want to take shortcuts. His whole career has been built on being a respectable and honest figure in the company.

As for the Money in the Bank thing, whoever said that the MiTB concept was going to continue at Wrestlemania? Isn't there a PPV devoted to that concept now?

To conclude, I don't think that this may happen but this is the WWE we're talking about. Anything is possible.

You do make a good point but as it was a handicap match, it is considered as one match. If my scenario was to play out, the bell would be ringing a second time to signify a second match. The undefeated streak refers to matches, not opponents.

Could happen but most probably it won't. The WWE doesn't need to do any shortcuts to take Taker to 20-0 and even if they did, Taker wouldn't want that to happen. As we all know, Taker is a man of class and he will wrestle 2 more Manias to make it 20-0. The shortcut will take away the prestige from the streak. So, it won't happen. But good thing for thinking outside the box.

I have to agree with everyone's opposition to the shortcut, but at the same time I too wonder what kind of condition Undertaker will be in a year from now. I propose another option;

He goes over whoever this year (Sheamus? Lesnar? Santino? Yeah, Santino, duh), bringing the streak to 19-0. Then of course, Taker takes his inevitable and deserved time off, that he always seems to take after Wrestlemania.

Only this time, he doesn't come back during the year. At all. No returns around Summerslam, nothing until Wrestlemania. The legend and myth of Undertaker's streak hypes itself. All that would need to be done is have someone step up to challenge Undertaker (Cena) for Wrestlemania, have previous opponents of Takers warn him about what he's getting into, do the usual 'Taker Mind Games' stuff, all building up to his grand entrance at Wrestlemania

You may want to argue 'ring rust' on my thought, but this will keep Taker healthy for the 20-0 milestone. Let's face it, if we get Cena/Taker, how much effort will it really take to make that a memorable match. Either one of them lifts a pinky finger and the crowd will explode.

I disagree. The WM19 match was a handicapped match so it is considered one match. The proposed scenario would be two different matches making Taker 20-0. I had this thought too. Considering everyone who has cashed in MITB has won the crowd reaction would be off the charts. People would have to assume Taker would lose. Then when he pulled off the win the crowd would erupt. Not sure if I would want to see this but it could work.

Even if what you say is true, there's one more problem: Is the winner of MITB a good enough name to be added to The Streak following Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels twice? Not to mention if WWE grow the much needed balls and book Cena vs Taker at WM 27? Then the question would be "Is the winner of MITB a good enough name to be added to The Streak following Batista, Edge, Shawn Michaels twice, and John Cena?"

No disrespect, but people like Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Ted DiBiase Jr, Cody Rhodes, or any other mid-carders are far cry compared to those four names I mentioned.

I have two words for you.... LAZY BOOKING.

That's not a good idea. Why would WWE go that route, just to get Taker up to 20-0? First of all, I would be against a third Taker/Kane match at Wrestlemania so Kane better not still be World Champion by then. He already won a Royal Rumble, and he always puts his streak on the line so the Rumble should go to someone who needs that win. It would also ruin the momentum of the MITB winner unless it's some random jobber who is doomed to lose from the get go. WWE should not throw away a MITB cash-in just to get Taker up to 20-0. Fans don't like lazy booking and it would easily be viewed as a short cut to get him to 20-0 when they could go about it differently. He could do this year's Wrestlemania and then spend the next entire year on vacation preparing for his final match, then have that match at the following Wrestlemania and then leave after being 20-0. No lazy booking required, no waste of a MITB cash-in required. No third Kane match required. I think it's an interesting scenario, but I would be against it because there are better options that would keep Taker around for two more wins without using any lazy booking or having to cram two matches into the same show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back