*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak Discussion

who should be the next victim of 'the streak'?

• big show

• triple h

• rey mysterio

• mvp

• drew mcintyre

• c.m. punk

• chris jericho

• edge

• john cena

• sheamus

• randy orton

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
The general concensus is that Taker should take the whole of next year out to reach 20-0 in 2012.
While this seems to be the most dignified way out for Taker, the only beef I have with that is that we know full well that Taker is running out of wrestling steam. I for one would not like to see him take a year long vacation and come back to make the 20-0 win at WM29. I don't really like the idea I came up with either because as many of you have said, it is a lazy way out and Taker is an honorable man.
He has barely done anything this year and to me, that makes him a part-timer. Despite not being around due to injuries, he is still seen as the dominant force and that kind of bothers me. I mean, you wouldn't keep a car that you could only run once a year. You'd scrap it.
I don't know. I want to see him reach 20-0, but I also want him to give it up. He clearly isn't 100% at any given time and it's best for him to end his legacy so we can remember him properly. My original idea wasn't one I completely supported, I just realised that it was possible. Still, I'd rather see Taker win twice at WM28 than see him take an entire year off.
Mixed feelings about this one.

If Undertakers health allows it, he will continue his streak at this years WM, and the streak will continue to grow as long as Taker is physically able to wrestle. Hell, I think that once he "retires" he will still come back for one off matches on the grandest stage of them all, as so many ex-wrestlers have done in the past.

I just hope Taker doesnt continue on a regular schedule when he is never 100% and we dont want to see him damage his legacy by putting on a show that is nowhere near the level we remember him at. I dont think he will, I think he is too proud of a man to keep going when he knows he cant do it anymore

I cant see them taking the shortcut and having him win twice. Undertaker's matches tend to be longer, and epic, and having two in one night would cheapen both the match value, and the significance of the streak. I suppose it could put over Undertaker's incredible powers if he was able to defeat 2 major stars in one night, but the negatives far outweigh the positives. It would cheapen the streak, and lessen its overall significance in history. If WWE really wants to have him go 20-0, then he needs to work the next 2 Wrestlemania's, with proper builds.

It just feels like lazy booking, and it would hurt the Royal Rumble/Money in The Bank winner as well. So not only would it be a shortcut, it would be bad booking, and quite lazy at that.

The Undertaker should never lose his streak. Period. No one wil benefit if he goes 18-1 or 19-1 or God forbid 20-1. This year coming up I think he should be put in a tag team match, which would still count. I would book Undertaker and John Cena in a tag team handicap match vs. the entire Nexus. This would let Cena do what he does best: get the holy hell beat out of him for like 15 minutes, then eventually Taker gets in and decimates EVERYONE (the big jump over the ropes would be better if he landed on six guys rather than a stupid cameraman\idiot wrestler) and pin someone with a Tombstone or lock in the Hell's Gate. Afterwards have Taker choke-slam Cena (which is par for the course for him!) and it'll lead to the final match at Wrestlemania 28 for 20-0.

Undertaker not losing even once @ Wrestlemania is a bad idea. Period. Although he's portrayed as an un-defeatable phenom, you can't help wanting for him to lose at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back