*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak Discussion

who should be the next victim of 'the streak'?

• big show

• triple h

• rey mysterio

• mvp

• drew mcintyre

• c.m. punk

• chris jericho

• edge

• john cena

• sheamus

• randy orton

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
The tease last year on RAW with Cena, made me interested in them to going at it. Cena is someone who you could buy as a threat to the streak. Just think how crazy the fans would be during that altercation. I could see it now, Cena comes to the ring debuting a brand new Superman themed shirt, hits his new move "The Son Of Jor-El", then gets the win via the F.O.S(Fortress Of Solitude), formally the S.T.F.

I would Like to see Jericho take on The Dead Man as well. I do not think these two have had a real feud and think they could have a great one. I do not think Undertaker can have a great match with just anyone now days, why not have him go at it with one of the best out there today.

Ignoring the whole superman thing, these are the only two I would want to see Undertaker face right now. They have a believable shot at winning the match and putting an end to The Streak.

Really? You don't know if this has been posted before? You don't look around much do you? I'll say John Cena. He's the top guy in the company and never faced Taker since becoming a main event guy. I've already discussed this in more detail in the many threads that exist on this topic.

There are a number of choices. Alot of people feel that they are building it to be Cena. While it's likely, there other other choices. I personally would like it to be someone who needs to get over and have some spotlight on them. Someone that isn't in the main event, but defitely belongs in it. Miz, CM Punk, JoMo, McIntyre, and some others depending on who you think should get a Taker Rub...

I was reading some posts and this just clicked Goldberg wants to wrestle one more match for his kids to watch him wrestle so why not Goldberg vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania. This could easily be a great match even possibly surpassing HBK vs Undertaker. Comments? Dislikes?

I was reading some posts and this just clicked Goldberg wants to wrestle one more match for his kids to watch him wrestle so why not Goldberg vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania. This could easily be a great match even possibly surpassing HBK vs Undertaker. Comments? Dislikes?

Goldberg vs Undertaker? Ridiculous.

Many people in IWC are deluded by the status of a wrestler. Due all respect, it would be a flop.

The last time Taker met someone with zero talent of wrestling at Wrestlemania, we ended up seeing the worst casket match ever.

And Goldberg? He ain't the sh*t anymore, he couldn't wrestle for a classic match during his prime...moreover now. Bret Hart and Roddy Piper showed us what happened when someone who hasn't wrestled for years tried to wrestle again without feeling the ring rust first. And Goldberg was nowhere near Bret or Piper, TBH.

The match would be a complete joke. If it happens 10 years ago, maybe it would be half decent. But now? I think it would be worse than Vince vs Bret. And let's admit it, Goldberg was the man only in WCW. Goldberg wasn't even that good to begin with. He only had impact on WCW not professional wrestling in general. The only thing notable about him is the streak he had in WCW and that's the only thing most wrestling fans remember (along with that botch that ended Bret Hart's career). Yes he was the face of WCW but nothing special. He isn't overrated though because he barely gets noticed and talked about but I believe he is rated just find for a big guy like himself with below average skills.

I don't think the Undertaker could be able to carry him throughout the WHOLE match especially someone as rusty as him, who hasn't been in the ring for a long time. Can you imagine if he botched and ended Mark Callaway's career. That would be the darkest day in Professional Wrestling's history!!

Undertaker had. I don't even know if Goldberg still has it in him to step in the ring and compete let alone face The Undertaker in the Superbowl of wrestling. I was expecting a lot from Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg at Wrestlemania 20 and I was sadly disappointed, that match wasn't close to where it was hyped to be, especially with Stone Cold as the referee. If Goldberg can't do it then, he definitely can't do it now.

I don't think it would even be compared to the matches Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker had. I don't even know if Goldberg still has it in him to step in the ring and compete let alone face The Undertaker in the Superbowl of wrestling. I was expecting a lot from Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg at Wrestlemania 20 and I was sadly disappointed, that match wasn't close to where it was hyped to be, especially with Stone Cold as the referee. If Goldberg can't do it then, he definitely can't do it now.

Taker vs Goldberg would be a setback because Goldberg hasn't been in the ring for a long time. He's long retired. We don't know how well (rather, how bad) he will perform. Its better to put a nobody like Sheamus in the ring with Goldberg. The streak has had fantastic matches in the past few years with Edge, Batista and Michaels. There is no point in tarnishing its record now by going back to pathetic matches like Giant Gonzales or King Kong Bundy or Big Bossman.

Mind you, whenever The Undertaker faced someone with zero talent in wrestling, not to mention 6 years of not wrestling, The Undertaker tend to experience the worst. His match with Giant Gonzales is widely considered as his worst match ever. His match with King Kong Bundy flopped in every way possible. His match with Big Boss Man remains his only Wrestlemania match to receive 'boring' chants from the fans and is largely reckoned as the worst Hell In A Cell match in existence. A-Train destroyed every quality he and Big Show could have provided with his undeniable slow paced work. And the last but definitely the least, we saw how his match with Mark Henry became not only the worst casket match ever held, but also one of the worst matches in the history of Wrestlemania.

IMO, The Undertaker can't (and won't) carry Goldberg to a legendary match if they do have a match next year. And yes, I'm saying Diesel, Sid, and Batista have more wrestling talent than Goldberg. Any match featuring Goldberg cannot last longer than five minutes after all. If it does, it will be like Goldberg vs Lesnar.

Goldberg vs Undertaker cannot touch the quality of The Undertaker's Wrestlemania match with Diesel, Sid, Masked Kane, Triple H, Ric Flair, Randy Orton, Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels. It might not last longer than The Undertaker's match with Jimmy Snuka or Jake Roberts. Would it sell tickets hell yes but the match itself would be horrible. I mean if that happens the result is clear, WWE is not going to make Taker lose to a guy (a) who's not WWE original and (b) who's been in the company for so little time. And speaking of the match itself it would be boring. The only good match I saw with Goldberg involved was with Triple H and the Rock. If Taker vs Goldberg happens at Wrestlemania then I personally think its going to be worse than Goldberg vs Lesnar because that match is bound to be in the main event and Goldberg vs Lesnar wasn't even that high on the card.

But there's no need to worry, the match won't happen. It's been reported in fans.wwe.com that while Goldberg is interested on facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania 27, he doesn't want to lose his final match. On the other hand, Vince doesn't want The Streak to ever end. So, Undertaker vs Goldberg already loses its chance on happening. Goldberg will probably face Sheamus at Wrestlemania 27. Undertaker might be facing John Cena at Wrestlemania 27 as the rumor stated.

With Undertaker's wrestling career soon coming to an end, Undertaker has about two years left. With his current Wrestlemania streak at 18-0, and two years left, I wouldn't be surprised to see WWE have Taker wrestle two more Mania's before retiring from the ring and hang up his boots. So, who do you think will face Undertaker at Wrestlemania 27 and 28, if they were to have Taker go an even 20-0?

Three names come up to mind that would make a good match at Wrestlemania against the Undertaker: John Cena, Chris Jericho, and Randy Orton. With the current storylines and situations, these three guys are the most likely to get a Wrestlemania match against the Dead Man.

First, let's start with John Cena. This guy is the current Face of WWE. These two rarely had matches against each other. First time was at the start of John Cena's career. The second time was a couple of Tag Team matches with Cena partnering with Shawn Michaels to take on Taker and Batista. The next time was a triple threat Tag Team match where Taker teamed up with Cena and Taker tombstoning him after the match.

With Cena possibly turning heel in the horizon, it would be a great match with Heel Cena vs. Face Taker at Wrestlemania 27. Cena is already booed, and put him as the bad guy against Taker, the crowd would go crazy for Taker. Can you imagine the applause if Taker went for the Tombstone, or the boos for Cena going for the AA.

The next person who should get a shot against Taker is Chris Jericho. Like Cena, these two haven't had much contact over their career. I liked the match between Jericho and Taker, and saw it had potential for a Wrestlemania match. If Jericho came back as Y2J and faced Undertaker at Wrestlemania, the crowd would be split like Shawn Michaels vs. Taker, if it was done right.

The final person who would deserve a match against Undertaker would be Randy Orton. Remember at Wrestlemania 21, where Randy Orton was given an opportunity to end the streak. He declined, and Taker and Orton had a hell of a match. I watched this Wrestlemania via PPV, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. With this being Taker's 13th Wrestlemania match, and with Orton coming off strong as the Legend Killer, I though for sure that Randy Orton would defeat Taker. When he had him in the Tombstone position, I thought it was over. But Undertaker reversed it and Tombstoned Orton and got the win. With Randy Orton the hottest thing going on right now, a match with Taker now would be like Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock, Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart, Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels.

John Cena, Chris Jericho, and Randy Orton would be deserving of a final match against the Dead Man in his final years at Wrestlemania. Who do you think would deserve a final shot at Taker?

why is Jericho always in the mix ? he's not all that great . i would say orton , cena , or kane .. but remember goldberg is headlining in wrestlemania as well so it might be him .

I think it will be a toss between Chris Jericho & John Cena. More than likely, Chris Jericho will leave WWE this month to return at Royal Rumble. I'd love to see Jericho vs Taker, but with (SPOILER) Orton taking out Jericho next week and Cena saying he wants to end The Streak in recent interview, I think we'll see Jericho vs Orton and Undertaker vs Cena at Wrestlemania 27 next year.

why is Jericho always in the mix ? he's not all that great . i would say orton , cena , or kane .. but remember goldberg is headlining in wrestlemania as well so it might be him .

Goldberg vs Undertaker? Ridiculous.

Many people in IWC are deluded by the status of a wrestler. Due all respect, it would be a flop.

The last time Taker met someone with zero talent of wrestling at Wrestlemania, we ended up seeing the worst casket match ever.

And Goldberg? He ain't the sh*t anymore, he couldn't wrestle for a classic match during his prime...moreover now. Bret Hart and Roddy Piper showed us what happened when someone who hasn't wrestled for years tried to wrestle again without feeling the ring rust first. And Goldberg was nowhere near Bret or Piper, TBH.

The match would be a complete joke. If it happens 10 years ago, maybe it would be half decent. But now? I think it would be worse than Vince vs Bret. And let's admit it, Goldberg was the man only in WCW. Goldberg wasn't even that good to begin with. He only had impact on WCW not professional wrestling in general. The only thing notable about him is the streak he had in WCW and that's the only thing most wrestling fans remember (along with that botch that ended Bret Hart's career). Yes he was the face of WCW but nothing special. He isn't overrated though because he barely gets noticed and talked about but I believe he is rated just find for a big guy like himself with below average skills.

I don't think the Undertaker could be able to carry him throughout the WHOLE match especially someone as rusty as him, who hasn't been in the ring for a long time. Can you imagine if he botched and ended Mark Callaway's career. That would be the darkest day in Professional Wrestling's history!!

Undertaker had. I don't even know if Goldberg still has it in him to step in the ring and compete let alone face The Undertaker in the Superbowl of wrestling. I was expecting a lot from Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg at Wrestlemania 20 and I was sadly disappointed, that match wasn't close to where it was hyped to be, especially with Stone Cold as the referee. If Goldberg can't do it then, he definitely can't do it now.

I don't think it would even be compared to the matches Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker had. I don't even know if Goldberg still has it in him to step in the ring and compete let alone face The Undertaker in the Superbowl of wrestling. I was expecting a lot from Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg at Wrestlemania 20 and I was sadly disappointed, that match wasn't close to where it was hyped to be, especially with Stone Cold as the referee. If Goldberg can't do it then, he definitely can't do it now.

Taker vs Goldberg would be a setback because Goldberg hasn't been in the ring for a long time. He's long retired. We don't know how well (rather, how bad) he will perform. Its better to put a nobody like Sheamus in the ring with Goldberg. The streak has had fantastic matches in the past few years with Edge, Batista and Michaels. There is no point in tarnishing its record now by going back to pathetic matches like Giant Gonzales or King Kong Bundy or Big Bossman.

Mind you, whenever The Undertaker faced someone with zero talent in wrestling, not to mention 6 years of not wrestling, The Undertaker tend to experience the worst. His match with Giant Gonzales is widely considered as his worst match ever. His match with King Kong Bundy flopped in every way possible. His match with Big Boss Man remains his only Wrestlemania match to receive 'boring' chants from the fans and is largely reckoned as the worst Hell In A Cell match in existence. A-Train destroyed every quality he and Big Show could have provided with his undeniable slow paced work. And the last but definitely the least, we saw how his match with Mark Henry became not only the worst casket match ever held, but also one of the worst matches in the history of Wrestlemania.

IMO, The Undertaker can't (and won't) carry Goldberg to a legendary match if they do have a match next year. And yes, I'm saying Diesel, Sid, and Batista have more wrestling talent than Goldberg. Any match featuring Goldberg cannot last longer than five minutes after all. If it does, it will be like Goldberg vs Lesnar.

Goldberg vs Undertaker cannot touch the quality of The Undertaker's Wrestlemania match with Diesel, Sid, Masked Kane, Triple H, Ric Flair, Randy Orton, Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels. It might not last longer than The Undertaker's match with Jimmy Snuka or Jake Roberts. Would it sell tickets hell yes but the match itself would be horrible. I mean if that happens the result is clear, WWE is not going to make Taker lose to a guy (a) who's not WWE original and (b) who's been in the company for so little time. And speaking of the match itself it would be boring. The only good match I saw with Goldberg involved was with Triple H and the Rock. If Taker vs Goldberg happens at Wrestlemania then I personally think its going to be worse than Goldberg vs Lesnar because that match is bound to be in the main event and Goldberg vs Lesnar wasn't even that high on the card.

But there's no need to worry, the match won't happen. It's been reported in fans.wwe.com that while Goldberg is interested on facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania 27, he doesn't want to lose his final match. On the other hand, Vince doesn't want The Streak to ever end. So, Undertaker vs Goldberg already loses its chance on happening. Goldberg will probably face Sheamus at Wrestlemania 27. Undertaker might be facing John Cena at Wrestlemania 27 as the rumor stated.

I think it would be awesome if the WWE had a triple threat match with Cena, Miz, and UT at the next Wrestlemania or something along those lines. Have the Miz pin Cena and have the UT go on a rampage. Technically tho he didn't lose the match so the streak stays in tact but The Miz would still get a MAJOR rub. Then have Undertaker vs Miz buildup for a whole year and have it be The Undertakers last match. And at that point why not have the Miz win? If WWE wants to make him the face of the company and a top heel this would definitely do it. Same goes for Cena in Miz's position but Cena doesn't need anymore pushing and Miz does need some work still.

why does cena have to wrestle taker at wrestlemania we will probably see hhh return at royal rumble and face him before cena and i agree with a previous post let the miz beat him at 28

One - This thread makes no sense, "Which will Face Taker First? Ummm
of course if your talking about WrestleMania. You would know Orton face him at WrestleMania 21 already. So this thread is pointless.

THE MIZ SUCKS IF THE MIZ WOULD EVER END THE UNDERTAKERS STREAK THAD BE THE DAY ID STOP WATCHING WRESTLING!!!!!!!!! now on to the post orton already lost to taker at mania jericho would only be in a match against taker if he had to defend the title against him title vs streak jus like edge and batista's match with taker so i think it will and SHOULD be cena vs taker at mania its the best the company has

Did you fall down and bump your head? Jericho is STILL the best all around wrestler and entertainer in the biz.

Hi, my name is Kude F'n Ra, I have sat and read these forums for years. Many of you have pissed me off with uneducated, simplistic ramble that makes no sense(hence why it is ramble, duh). I am here to call out ALL that take this shit way too seriously, and those who say well, quotes like that one. Sorry for you to be the first one I call out, but Jericho is the shit, and if you can't recognize that, go play with your crayons dude.

Watching the Lionheart progress since his last days in ECW, to the whole time in WCW, and in the "big leagues" (because they have put on over 900 episodes! [WWF...er, WWE has alot more money, so they have the "best talent"] Chris has done nothing but become the best. I for one would love to see Jericho, even Y2J vs. 'Taker at one of the next 2 WM's.

One - This thread makes no sense, "Which will Face Taker First? Ummm
of course if your talking about WrestleMania. You would know Orton face him at WrestleMania 21 already. So this thread is pointless.

I know that Orton wrestled Undertaker already. Hell, I even mentioned it. I am talking about Wrestlemania 27 and 28. I could've worded the title a bit better, so maybe there is some fault on my behalf. But the thread still makes perfect sense if you read it.

jericho is in the mix because hes done it all,hes a future hall of fame,hes made great segments,hes wrestled countless awesome matches and so on..he has put mid card wrestlers to even higher rate

I think it would be awesome if the WWE had a triple threat match with Cena, Miz, and UT at the next Wrestlemania or something along those lines. Have the Miz pin Cena and have the UT go on a rampage. Technically tho he didn't lose the match so the streak stays in tact but The Miz would still get a MAJOR rub. Then have Undertaker vs Miz buildup for a whole year and have it be The Undertakers last match. And at that point why not have the Miz win? If WWE wants to make him the face of the company and a top heel this would definitely do it. Same goes for Cena in Miz's position but Cena doesn't need anymore pushing and Miz does need some work still.

i cant believe the miz could actually fit in with cena or taker ,i mean i dont rate him even as a mid card wrestler.hes only good in promos .he has yet to define a fighting style or a good technique.

I can only imagine the riots that would happen if Cena turned heel and ended taker's streak. Cena would be the most hated heel ever, which would be awesome.

I can only imagine the riots that would happen if Cena turned heel and ended taker's streak. Cena would be the most hated heel ever, which would be awesome.

This is a bold statement.For what reason people will riot if Cena wins and end the streak?This may happened 5 years ago but now , WWE arenas are full of kids and families and they all root for Cena.

Cena will definitely be booed but the people who boo Cena are always about 10 % of arena's capacity and they technically are in the minority ( If they weren't , Cena wouldn't be face of company for so many years.)

But to me , the only person among these three who has a chance to face taker , is Jericho.If you remember attitude era , when Austin and Rock were top guys , Taker didn't face them at WM.The same thing applies for Cena and Orton now.

It wont be Chris Jericho, sadly no one would take it seriously. Even though he is the greatest in the world at what he does, it will NOT be Randy Orton. Cause Taker already beat Orton at WM before, and they wont give him another opportunity. HBK only got the a 2nd chance cause he was retiring, if anyone deserved a 2nd chance i would say HHH over Orton. Or maybe even give Sheamus a shot, i could see him definitely facing Taker one day. But i honestly think, Taker faces John Cena next year at WM27 and he already said he plans on retiring afterwards. Whether he wins or loses idk.

im seriously betting whenever undertaker calls it quits his last match will be against cena at wrestlemania and cena wins cheaply.... making cena a heel.... if not then its wasted opportunity and undertaker fades away like someone else mentioned long ago in another post, undefeated... the lights go out, and all that is left is his hat and coat... either way I would leave the arena happy and not feel like I gotta burn the place down

Many people have said this: The Streak is a title itself. The Streak is very important to Taker and the WWE. Now, there are many options as listed in the voting polls. But I don't think the young guys deserve it. I mean it would take all the credibility away from Taker and of course, HBK coz if he can't beat Taker, then nobody can (I know its scripted but still). So, Taker retires undefeated. His next opponent at WM 27 shud/cud be Punk. They can put a gr8 match together. And y not make this a casket match. And as far Taker's last Mania match is concerened, he cud finish it big by beating Cena.The man who took the company to where it isVS The man who'll keep it there

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine and I were discussing The Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania. We were both of the mind that it was going to remain intact after he retires for different reasons but the reason he gave was that ending the streak would crush someone's career because Taker is so beloved that the person that ends the streak won't be able to bear the moniker. I gave some names of guys who could probably end the streak and not take the hit like Taker did ending HBK's career, guys like HHH, RKO, and Cena but he said that all three would likely fall to the pressure or, at least, feel a strain. My question is, who do you think would be able to end the streak and not have it hurt their careers?

its been said before....but a heel cena, perhaps with the interference tonight by the nexus when the undertaker comes back from the dead (yet again?), barrett orders cena to wrestle the undertaker, the streak vs cena' freedom from nexus at wrestlemania. Cena wins because he cant take it, the fans turn and then becomes a full fledged heel or Cena can just lose and be the next victim. Either way lots of possibilities no one really knows what will happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back