*MERGED* Create a New Stable Thread

Morpheus101

Registered Boozer
Although the latest reincarnation of DX (HBK and HHH) was nothing short of a joke, I would like to see the stable brought back, with a new (heel) Triple H and a new group of wrestlers. I would bring HHH back as a heel, give him back his old "My Time" music. I would use the following guys in the new 'DX Reload' stable (of course, it'd mean heel turns for the faces):

Triple H (leader)
John Morrison (2nd in charge)
JTG
Dolph Ziggler (bring him over from Smackdown)
R-Truth
Mark Henry (muscle)
Eve (diva)

S**t -- even re-sign X-Pac (sorry, I'm one of the few who actually liked him).

Of course, I want the "old" DX but a new generation of DX -- a badass DX, up to their old antics, wreaking havoc. I know it's a crazy idea, but WWE needs a dominant stable again. I see nothing wrong with reinventing DX -- it's an established label and spearheaded by Triple H, it might just work.

Thoughts?

GUYS,

Please give GOOD reasoning behind your choices here. Let's not make this thread include pointless posts and lists of randomly thrown together wrestlers that were created for the purpose of increasing your post counts. If your explanations are shit, your post will be deleted and you may be infracted.

Thanks

Ok, I can see some of this but com on you want R-Truth and Mark Henry in this.
No way, I can see them keeping a younger feel to them, add the Miz or even Evan Bourne
But adding all of these people is just too much! Great idea though, Love HHH as a heel and the others could be interesting too but instead of JTG bring back Shad!!

No, no, and no. DX is done and it needs to say done.

I liked DX as much as the next guy (well, the Attitude Era and 06 versions) but I think it's run it's course. HBK is gone and he took DX with him. I don't think anyone would want him replaced, especially with the people you have in mind:

Morrison: Really? I mean, I know he had the Dirt Sheet and all, but he's never truly come off as a degenerate. Morrison is better off on his own trying to break into the main event.

JTG: he's on Smackdown, so he wouldn't be able to join this group anyway. And even if he wasn't, I still wouldn't add him.

Dolph Ziggler: Um, why? What exactly is so rebellious or humorous about Ziggler? That's like adding Drew McIntyre to the bWo.

R-Truth: I like Truth, but I'd rather not hear him rap a remix to the DX theme.

Mark Henry: No...just, no.

Eve: *See Dolph Ziggler*

I'm sorry, but this would not only be the worst incarnation of DX ever, but possibly one of the worst stables in general. It's just a random assortment of superstars and personalities that wouldn't mesh well together at all. Instead of bringing back DX for the umpteenth time, they should move foward and make a new stable instead.

Ok, I can see some of this but com on you want R-Truth and Mark Henry in this.
No way, I can see them keeping a younger feel to them, add the Miz or even Evan Bourne
But adding all of these people is just too much! Great idea though, Love HHH as a heel and the others could be interesting too but instead of JTG bring back Shad!!

Ok then, I'll cut a deal with you (as if we were part of the WWE creative team LOL):

- Replace Henry with Shad for muscle
- Replace R-Truth with Miz (although Miz and Morrison have already been a team in the past, so maybe bad idea?)
- Replace JTG with Evan Bourne

Does that work for you?

No, no, and no. DX is done and it needs to say done.

I liked DX as much as the next guy (well, the Attitude Era and 06 versions) but I think it's run it's course. HBK is gone and I don't think anyone would want him replaced, especially with the people you have in mind:

Morrison: Really? I mean, I know he had the Dirt Sheet and all, but he's never truly come off as a degenerate. Morrison is better off on his own trying to break into the main event.

JTG: he's on Smackdown, so he wouldn't be able to join this group anyway. And even if he wasn't, I still wouldn't add him.

Dolph Ziggler: Um, why? What exactly is so rebellious or humorous about Ziggler?

R-Truth: I like Truth, but I'd rather not hear him rap a remix to the DX theme.

Mark Henry: No...just, no.

Eve: *See Dolph Ziggler*

I'm sorry, but this would not only be the worst incarnation of DX ever, but possibly one of the worst stables in general. It's just a random assortment of superstars and personalities that wouldn't mesh well together at all. Instead of bringing back DX for the umpteenth time, they should move foward and make a new stable instead.

LOL, ok....maybe I'm just nostalgic and looking for the old days. However, I don't see why Morrison wouldn't work. If anything, being in a stable may even elevate him more. Remember, Evolution was a four man stable, all of whom were (or became) main eventers. JTG may be on Smackdown, but that could easily change, if there was a need. I agree thought -- let's forget R-Truth as he's probably too old anyway (one of the reasons behind this would be to help the younger/up and coming stars). Ziggler -- he's not exactly humorous, but he is cocky and may well have fit into the DX of the past, had he been around 13 years ago (Chyna and Billy Gunn weren't exactly humorous).

I like the idea of DX coming back in a big way years from now, but in this moment it's just something I wouldn't want revamped.

Here's a few I can see fitting the bill though if the idea rehashes-

-John Cena (Yeah, not his biggest fan but I'm thinking of a heel/tweener DX reformation, and come on who else would spark such controversy as someone who has catered to children? HHH once had etiquette and Rock was happy-go-lucky..)

-Drew McIntyre He would get an impressive boost from the people that find him unimpressive right now. (Yeah, he's "fired" atm kayfabely but watch how That pans out.) I see him more of using the DX gimmick to get to a higher playing field.

-Kofi Kingston He'd be another shocker similar to Cena as of now. As a Jamaican, I could definitely see an errrm play with a certain stereotype if you know what I mean (Hey now, didn't say this should happen in a PG Era did I? DX was all about breaking the rules and being controversial...)

-Luke Gallows Back in the Attitude Era (where DX was born) it was a usual ploy to have certain stars betray their stable by aligning themselves with the enemy. What would say F*** you more than siding with an anti-Straight Edge coalision like DX? And if anyone is going to leave SES first, my pick would be Gallows.

-Kelly Kelly More of a "Why not?" then anything else. Didn't she debut as a exhibitionist in ECW? Perfect fit if you ask me.

Triple H (leader)
John Morrison (2nd in charge)
JTG
Dolph Ziggler (bring him over from Smackdown)
R-Truth
Mark Henry (muscle)
Eve (diva)

S**t -- even re-sign X-Pac (sorry, I'm one of the few who actually liked him).
You are either high or have WWE 24/7 and have been watching the old stuff from 98. This is perhaps the most thrown together, completely out of left field team/idea ever. first I am pretty sure everyone is tired of DX and they need to put it to rest, at least for a number of years. And I noticed you wanted them to be a heel faction yet the only heel you have there is Dolph and he is fine on his own. Eve could NEVER, NEVER playa heel. She's too bubbly and happy. No all around on this or any incarnation of DX being brought back in at least 5 years.

Now had you had Punk and Hunter, then maybe you would be onto something but...

LOL, ok....maybe I'm just nostalgic and looking for the old days. However, I don't see why Morrison wouldn't work. If anything, being in a stable may even elevate him more. Remember, Evolution was a four man stable, all of whom were (or became) main eventers. JTG may be on Smackdown, but that could easily change, if there was a need. I agree thought -- let's forget R-Truth as he's probably too old anyway (one of the reasons behind this would be to help the younger/up and coming stars). Ziggler -- he's not exactly humorous, but he is cocky and may well have fit into the DX of the past, had he been around 13 years ago (Chyna and Billy Gunn weren't exactly humorous).

Unless Morrison really got into the Doors gimmick and started screaming "Kill the father, fuck the mother!" right before doing the DX crotch chop, I just don't see him being rebellious enough to be in DX. Granted, that wouldn't work in PG anyway and would probably frighten many children, but what can ya do. I'm all for Morrison being elevated, but if that push has to come via stable, let it be a new one, not DX. Hell, maybe JoMo could even form his own group; a WWE version of The Doors...but that's another thread.

As far as the Ziggler/Billy Gunn comparison, there really isn't one. Ziggler has turned into a far more serious character as of late while Gunn was Mr. Ass complete with Ass music. He was right at home with DX.

If anything, Miz would be the only new member I would consider adding in a new DX.

You are either high or have WWE 24/7 and have been watching the old stuff from 98. This is perhaps the most thrown together, completely out of left field team/idea ever. first I am pretty sure everyone is tired of DX and they need to put it to rest, at least for a number of years. And I noticed you wanted them to be a heel faction yet the only heel you have there is Dolph and he is fine on his own. Eve could NEVER, NEVER playa heel. She's too bubbly and happy. No all around on this or any incarnation of DX being brought back in at least 5 years.

Now had you had Punk and Hunter, then maybe you would be onto something but...

Punk and HHH? That might have worked before the 'Straight Edge Society'. Not sure how that'd play out now. I'm convinced that HHH is in line for another heel turn, but to align himself with Punk? Good idea, but 'aint going to happen. If anything, I see HHH being used to form a new stable.

Yes, I am nostalgic for the old days. The late 90's was a great era for professional wrestling. I know the clock can never be turned back, but there's a chance that WWE could become an "adult" product once again, perhaps with the help of some decent competition (come on TNA!).

Unless Morrison really got into the Doors gimmick and started screaming "Kill the father, fuck the mother!" right before doing the DX crotch chop, I just don't see him being rebellious enough to be in DX. Granted, that wouldn't work in PG anyway and would probably frighten many children, but what can ya do. I'm all for Morrison being elevated, but if that push has to come via stable, let it be a new one, not DX. Hell, maybe JoMo could even form his own group; a WWE version of The Doors...but that's another thread.

As far as the Ziggler/Billy Gunn comparison, there really isn't one. Ziggler has turned into a far more serious character as of late while Gunn was Mr. Ass complete with Ass music. He was right at home with DX.

If anything, Miz would be the only new member I would consider adding in a new DX.

Ah, you're right. Morrison could definitely lead a stable. I'd actually like to see him turn heel too, because he could become as big as HBK. A WWE version of The Doors? I like that:

- John Morrison
- Evan Bourne
- Drew McIntyre (bring his ass over from Smackdown)

Ok Morpheus, I will do the give and take but I do agree that it should be Kelly Kelly instead, what guy wouldn't want an exhibitionist in their group? And but the way people reading this, STOP TAKING THIS AS IF IT WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN!!! This is what we want to see happen, it doesn't mean that it will!! We all have ideas and we all have our opinions but lets knock off all this crap like you must be high and acting like we are 5 year olds, ok!

hmmm yeah...rrriiight....
sorry man but REALLY?REALLY? I mean Im totally into the idea of a new DX but all the mebers you said are...emmm NOT REBELS

Well maybe Morrison, if he becomes better on the mic but....emmm
the rest sorry dude NO ONE can represent what DX stands for..

however I propose as the diva Maryse or Michelle Mccool, they are both great wrestlers and have that cocky attitude.

as the second leader or whatever, and this one CANT HAPPENED but it would be awesome to see is CM FREAKIN PUNK!!! yeah he IS a fucking rebel guy

as far the rest of the rest of the stable is cocnern I actually have no idea casue no one is that rebel AND funny (maybe Edge and Y2J but they DO NOT NEED something like that it would be a step back)

great idea i think they shud have done this with the last dx outing though as no one really seemed to like the last one what i would have done is have trips and shawn recruit some younger stars to carry dx on but also recruit john cena as the next leader it maybe would have silenced a few of boos he gets at live events and made the charecter a bit less stale without losing all his young fans also it would be cool to see cena and some newer wrestlers doing the dx thing even if it is the pg version lol it could have been like degenaration x the new generation or somthing like that

I know my idea isn't popular and it isn't likely to happen (especially during the 'PG' era), but if WWE ever wanted a true catalyst to launch them back to more "adult" programming, a rebooted DX would serve that purpose quite well. I also agree with 'fredstephenson' that it's a shame that WWE didn't use the last DX to bolster some of the younger talent (this certainly helped Orton when he was a member of Evolution). Even if this idea were ever to come to fruition, it shouldn't happen for a while. WWE really over-milked the whole DX thing and kind of killed it off. That's not to say that a new DX shouldn't come back sometime in the future.

Terrible idea. Like how Schizophrenic pointed out, this is the most thrown-together stable idea ever. It came off as "fanboyish" to me.

Are these types of threads even allowed?

I have to agree that DX should have developed some of these younger stars the last go round, but they knew that this was Shawn's last ride and wanted him to be the center of attention! No that it was a bad thing, but yes they should have taken some of these young guys under their wings and taught them how to officially become a degenerate!!
Ans Morpheus, was that a yes on Kelly Kelly too??

I'm not sure if a new generation DX will ever happen, but I'll say that it's certainly a possibility and not the worst idea. And you can't rule anything out in the wrestling industry.

Morrison - No. I agree with others that Morrison doesn't really fit DX personality wise. And he'd be better off on his own, he'd get lost in a stable, so maybe feuding with the new DX, eh? That'd be a nice way to elevate Morrison into the main-event.

JTG - Yeah, not bad. JTG is better off as a heel in my opinion and DX would elevate his status as well as create an environment for him to have freedom and develop his gimmick. Some racial diversity on the new DX is a must.

Dolph Ziggler - I like this one. He sorta reminds me of Billy Gunn, not just physically, but he also has that arrogant, smarmy attitude that embodies DX. Ziggler has upper mid-card/occasional main-event talent and a run with DX would certainly push him along.

R-Truth - Maybe, but probably not my choice. I think what applies to Morrison can be said for R-Truth as well, DX might cramp his style. He's more than fine on his own.

Mark Henry - Hell no. Sorry, think you got a little lazy at the end. I don't see it at all. Henry is just a big boring behemoth. Not DX material.

Eve - Same for Eve. She's the type of people they need to avoid in a new DX - throw in wrestlers that don't really fit the DX brand or stand out in any way (besides being hot).

SO, we have Triple H, Dolph Ziggler, and JTG so far, need a few more...

The Miz - Bingo! Miz is a future main event player in my opinion and this would be a great way to elevate him to that status. He'd be the driving force behind the new DX movement and become its eventual leader and face of the new generation. It would be....awesome.

MVP - This stable could use another veteran and someone who could use a push back into the big-time. MVP fits the bill. He's a wrestler capable of putting on good matches, has solid skills on the mic, is funny sometimes, and has experience as either a heel or face. Just turn that stupid jump suite he wears into green and black with an DX logo on it and you're good to go. Also, I'd put him and JTG together as a tag team (for reasons I'm not going to admit to) and make them the new New Age Outlaws. JTG & MVP.... say it, it has a nice ring to it.

Replacing Chyna - This is tough. I don't like the idea of just putting some hot chick in a DX bikini and calling it good (well, I do like thinking about the idea), but there's not many people that can replace Chyna. I don't really see anyone on the current roster that would be a standout choice, so I think the WWE would have to look outside their current roster to fill the female spot. Tara would be passable. Awesome Kong could be fun. ODB has a lot of potential. Anyone else?

Other Possibilities

CM Punk - I'd rather see him feuding with DX. Again, he's already a main event guy, doesn't need the rub.

Carlito - Carlito wouldn't be a bad choice at all. In fact, maybe a better choice than Ziggler....hmmm

Jeff Hardy - If the WWE can get him back (I'm sure they can and will someday) then he'd be a great member of the new DX. An established main eventer who gives the stable instant credibility, doesn't need the mic skills since others like Miz could do most of the talking, and would highlight DX's reckless attitude.

Edge - He's another top pick who'd fit well with the group. It's just that in my opinion a stable should only consist of 1-2 established stars and then the other members should be wrestlers that you're trying to push, elevate, or re-establish.

The New Degeneration X

Leader - Triple H
2nd Com. - The Miz
Tag Team - JTG & MVP, The New New Age Outlaws or another much better name.
Extra jobber - Dolph Ziggler
Chick - Old Dirty Bitch

Eh, I'm not doing flips in my living room or anything, but I guess I'd watch. Especially, if they had creative and compelling storylines and built some nice feuds up with guys like CM Punk, John Morrison, or Randy Orton. Don't bet the house on it though.

I'm not sure if a new generation DX will ever happen, but I'll say that it's certainly a possibility and not the worst idea. And you can't rule anything out in the wrestling industry.

Morrison - No. I agree with others that Morrison doesn't really fit DX personality wise. And he'd be better off on his own, he'd get lost in a stable, so maybe feuding with the new DX, eh? That'd be a nice way to elevate Morrison into the main-event.

JTG - Yeah, not bad. JTG is better off as a heel in my opinion and DX would elevate his status as well as create an environment for him to have freedom and develop his gimmick. Some racial diversity on the new DX is a must.

Dolph Ziggler - I like this one. He sorta reminds me of Billy Gunn, not just physically, but he also has that arrogant, smarmy attitude that embodies DX. Ziggler has upper mid-card/occasional main-event talent and a run with DX would certainly push him along.

R-Truth - Maybe, but probably not my choice. I think what applies to Morrison can be said for R-Truth as well, DX might cramp his style. He's more than fine on his own.

Mark Henry - Hell no. Sorry, think you got a little lazy at the end. I don't see it at all. Henry is just a big boring behemoth. Not DX material.

Eve - Same for Eve. She's the type of people they need to avoid in a new DX - throw in wrestlers that don't really fit the DX brand or stand out in any way (besides being hot).

SO, we have Triple H, Dolph Ziggler, and JTG so far, need a few more...

The Miz - Bingo! Miz is a future main event player in my opinion and this would be a great way to elevate him to that status. He'd be the driving force behind the new DX movement and become its eventual leader and face of the new generation. It would be....awesome.

MVP - This stable could use another veteran and someone who could use a push back into the big-time. MVP fits the bill. He's a wrestler capable of putting on good matches, has solid skills on the mic, is funny sometimes, and has experience as either a heel or face. Just turn that stupid jump suite he wears into green and black with an DX logo on it and you're good to go. Also, I'd put him and JTG together as a tag team (for reasons I'm not going to admit to) and make them the new New Age Outlaws. JTG & MVP.... say it, it has a nice ring to it.

Replacing Chyna - This is tough. I don't like the idea of just putting some hot chick in a DX bikini and calling it good (well, I do like thinking about the idea), but there's not many people that can replace Chyna. I don't really see anyone on the current roster that would be a standout choice, so I think the WWE would have to look outside their current roster to fill the female spot. Tara would be passable. Awesome Kong could be fun. ODB has a lot of potential. Anyone else?

Other Possibilities

CM Punk - I'd rather see him feuding with DX. Again, he's already a main event guy, doesn't need the rub.

Carlito - Carlito wouldn't be a bad choice at all. In fact, maybe a better choice than Ziggler....hmmm

Jeff Hardy - If the WWE can get him back (I'm sure they can and will someday) then he'd be a great member of the new DX. An established main eventer who gives the stable instant credibility, doesn't need the mic skills since others like Miz could do most of the talking, and would highlight DX's reckless attitude.

Edge - He's another top pick who'd fit well with the group. It's just that in my opinion a stable should only consist of 1-2 established stars and then the other members should be wrestlers that you're trying to push, elevate, or re-establish.

The New Degeneration X

Leader - Triple H
2nd Com. - The Miz
Tag Team - JTG & MVP, The New New Age Outlaws or another much better name.
Extra jobber - Dolph Ziggler
Chick - Old Dirty Bitch

Of all of your picks, Edge would be the only one I'd disagree with. Maybe 10 years ago, I'd have considered Edge a prime candidate for the DX back then, but he's too established now and too much his own man. I agree with the rest though and with Miz being in the group, it would be someone that HHH could eventually credibly pass the torch on to.

This is all speculation and nonsense anyway. I don't know...it just seems a shame to just let the DX name die forever. While it doesn't need to come back anytime soon, that's not to say that the brand cannot be used again in the future, and FAR more effectively than the last incarnation (HBK/HHH "PG").

G'nite, from the 33 year old fanBOY lol :)

I'll give you Kelly Kelly, sure.....or maybe Beth Phoenix?

I forgot about Beth Phoenix...duh...she'd be an obvious replacement for Chyna.

Kelly Kelly has the hottie thing going like most of the other Divas and she has the personality and acting skills to pull off a run with DX. Could see that working.

just a quick thought on this hypothetical new "DX"

Beth Phoenix would make a great Chyna, and Dolph Ziggler is a Billy Gunn look-a-like. I dont really know who else to go with after that...who is the X-Pac and who is the Roaddogg ?

Morpheus101 are you insane? I don't ever want to see another dx actually I think no one does. Especially in this pg-era absolutely not. But im not too farfetched of your idea because for some reason I want a heel Triple h to lead a stable like the new evolution or evolution 2.0. This would consist of
Triple h leader-wwe or world champion.
Drew McIntyre right hand man-intercontinetal champion.
Dolph Ziggler back up-tag team champion.
Wade Barett or Joe Hennig back up-tag team champion with Ziggler.

I just don't think that having a new faction calling itself "DX" would be a good idea, it probably would never get over because either the expectation would be too high or it would be seen as unoriginal. However, I can see having a collection of stars with a similar "attitude" as a possibility, but they would have to go under a different name.

If you want a new stable - simple:

"The European Council" - (very political)

William Regal (Prime Minister - techincally the actual European council is presided over by a president - but I get the feeling with the United States having a president, it might get drowned out/lost in translation).

(The rest)

- Sheamus
- Wade Barratt
- Drew McIntyre
- Vladmir Koslov
- Santino Marella
- Layla

Utilises a lot of talent at varying levels of the WWE - could create a strong stable there. Better than trying to re-invent DX in my opinion.

And then (and yes, I'm in fantasy world now) if you bought back the JBL type storyline - with his Cabinet - you'd have a perfect stable vs stable storyline.

(Someone remind me why I don't work for WWE creative!! :) )

Ehh...Santino would definitely need to drop the comedy act for this to work. Koslov would need a bigger push and I don't see that happening in the slightest, given that he sticks out very badly in the current WWE climate. I think Sheamus and Drew McIntyre could carry a decent program as of right now, actually. Sheamus on his current tirade and McIntyre on his "Chosen one" kick... The Scotsman vs The Irishman... If done properly, it could be a very good feud, they just need to build McIntyre to a main event level wrestler...

As far as a new "DX" incarnation, I have to agree with alot of these posts... DX is done. Its proverbial "number has been retired", so to speak. I do agree however, that there needs to be some stable action in the WWE right now. The whole "Fortunate Sons" idea that was kicked around sounds pretty good, actually. On RAW this past week, when they had Primo and Carlito come out and do Dibiase's dirty work, that was a nice little tease at what could be... I would think that The Rock could fit in that mix somehow as a mentor or something, just for laughs....but the idea is solid. I mean, lets face it... The SES is kind of a joke... You've got Festus and Sinead O'Connor following around a hairy CM PUNK... I mean, really?

Oh yea....whatever happened to the awesome tag team names? (This is totally tongue in cheek, btw...) I mean, who can forget greats such as "The Mega Powers" or " Demolition", "Rhythm and Blues", "The Brain Busters", or "The Midnight Express"! "The Rock and Roll Express" or "The Fabulous Freebirds"! Instead, we get "Showmiz"? "MNM"? "Jerishow"? "The Two Man Power Trip"? (Hey, that one coulda worked in the 80's) Where's the creativity? I mean, who needs a PG rating? Has anybody in the WWE watched TV outside of wrestling?? Lets start a new Attitude Era. I bet you $50 that parents would STILL let their kids watch, because it would still be cleaner than 90% of tv shows out there! WWE needs an overhaul, damn it! Sorry to rant, guys...I got a little too into this one, but let me know if you agree with any of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back