Best Stable of all time other than Horsemen

What about "Right to Censor"? They had ridiculous HEAT.
I don't think they were the best though, nowhere near it, but the heat they had was incredible.
Demolition were a top stable of mine, DX when they were a group and not a tag team. Ministry of Darkness were great, the whole Leader angle had me hooked.

[QUOTE="Bad Ass" Johnny Gunnz;882831]Evolution. I don't even need to say why... I'll show you...

89jxhzc.jpg

Name another stable to hold every single major title on the Brand... or in a company...at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I am wrong, but i thought that Dx 2000 held everyone.....i know the outlaws had the tag titles, and triple h had the wwe championship....and i thought X-pac had the IC title.

To be honest I thought the only thing wrong with the NWO was that everyone joined....like what's the point of having the whole roster in one stable.....I like the original dx the most as a stable, only b/c they were heels and i prefer the heels more than the faces......I did however like the group dx w/ the outlaws, they were pretty cool....but i would really like to see shawn and hunter reunite as heels again in dx.

Also im noticing that everyone forgot about the "two man power trip" with hhh and stone cold......the held 4 titles between the two of them

Easily the greatest faction, maybe better than the Horsemen - Evolution.
Each man in the group is a multiple world champion, 37 World titles total between them.
Each is a Royal Rumble winner. Each has fallen to the Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak which some would call an honor. No other stable is as decorated than Evolution, not the Horsemen, not DX, not even the entire nWo. Tag titles, Intercontinental championships, the list goes on and on. Some of the better Raw feuds in 03-04 were sparked by Evolution. These guys made even a great feud with Eugene - who can forget the attack on William Regal, his bloody, mangled body on a stretcher being flipped on the stage. Not to mention Shawn Michaels, Kane, Goldberg, Chris Benoit, Shelton Benjamin - even Maven!
Evolution, hands down, THE best stable.

Easily the greatest faction, maybe better than the Horsemen - Evolution.
Each man in the group is a multiple world champion, 37 World titles total between them.
Each is a Royal Rumble winner. Each has fallen to the Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak which some would call an honor. No other stable is as decorated than Evolution, not the Horsemen, not DX, not even the entire nWo. Tag titles, Intercontinental championships, the list goes on and on. Some of the better Raw feuds in 03-04 were sparked by Evolution. These guys made even a great feud with Eugene - who can forget the attack on William Regal, his bloody, mangled body on a stretcher being flipped on the stage. Not to mention Shawn Michaels, Kane, Goldberg, Chris Benoit, Shelton Benjamin - even Maven!
Evolution, hands down, THE best stable.

This post would make a good case if it wasn't for the fact that virtually all wrestling and title reigns post-2002 are rubbish.

It's a nonsense to take the number of titles as any benchmark of quality in a scripted sport.

Case in point: John Cena is a FOUR time world champion. Between them, Ted DiBiase, Rick Rude, Arn Anderson, and Curt Hennig have a grand total of ZERO WWF and WCW World Titles (or 1 if you count the WCW International Title)

Does that mean that Cena is better than DiBiase, Rude, Anderson and Hennig?? Don't be silly. Different times, different standards.

That's not to say I didn't think Evolution were good, just to say that the standards by which you are judging them are slightly distorted.

i cuncur, evoloution was pretty week for the simple fact that they weren't around for a long time and they coudln't stay healthy. plus they rode HHH heat the whole time. plus what did they do that HHH hadn't already done with a sledge hammer before evoloution?

the dangerous alliance had steve austin, rick rude, bobby eaton, arn anderson, larry zybysko, and medusa and when they banded together after the clash of the champions you never saw that coming especially bobby eaton turning heel, because he actually helped sting after rick rude beat him for the title. i would've lover to see the feud with the horsemen...imagine arn vs. flair at that time.

the hart foundation. bret owen anvil pillman and the bulldog. if not for bret and shawn's distain for each other and then the screw job and ofcourse pillman dying they would've been great. they woul've stuck together for the wcw purchase and we could've seen both canadian stables merge..imagine that. hart foundation plus lance storm

Also im noticing that everyone forgot about the "two man power trip" with hhh and stone cold......the held 4 titles between the two of them

i actually said that, but its true, they held all the titles and beat down great tag teams such as the hardys and kane and undertaker.

dx was the best stable of all time the one with nao xpac and chyna they ruled in the wwe especially when they came back and they we're just taking down the coporation one by one that was awesome

Without the Horsemen, there would have been no NWO, DX, Evolution, nothing. No disrespect to the Horsemen, but the greatest faction of all time was the original NWO with Hogan, Hall, and Nash. They would have destroyed the original Horsemen, DX, Evolution, everyone. Here's my top 5.

1. Original NWO--Hogan, Hall, Nash
2. 4 Horsemen when Lex Luger was a member
3. DX--HHH, Outlaws, and XPac
4. Evolution with all 4 members
5. Ministry of Darkness (that version of the Undertaker freaked me out)

When I think of which stables were the best of all-time, I think of which stables made each member important. The n.W.o. never focused on all it's members. Shit, it got so overloaded with mid-carders and no-names, half of the time they didn't even all get television time.

Evolution is a great example of each member being important, but in the end, it was a rip-off of the Horsemen. Evolution was formed to help boost Triple H., and when any other member in the group got big enough and "important", ironically they were kicked out of the group. So that doesn't make the stable itself, great.

My pick is The Radicals! Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn & Eddie Guerrero.

No one individual was bigger than the other upon entering the company. Benoit got the most push out of them, but upon entering, it was actually Dean Malenko & Eddie Guerrero getting titles. Guerrero won the European title, while Malenko won the Light Heavyweight title.

Benoit went on to win the Intercontinental Championship, and Saturn ended up later down the line with the European title, but as a whole.. they were a great 4-some.

They worked well together, and often had each other's back. No one individual felt bigger than their partner.

Correct me if I am wrong, but i thought that Dx 2000 held everyone.....i know the outlaws had the tag titles, and triple h had the wwe championship....and i thought X-pac had the IC title.

The Hart Foundation had also hold every title back in 1997. But how come people are not bringing up the Radicalz? I mean they had Malkeo, Saturn, Benoit, Guerreo each and everyone of them were the best !!!!

When I think of which stables were the best of all-time, I think of which stables made each member important. The n.W.o. never focused on all it's members. Shit, it got so overloaded with mid-carders and no-names, half of the time they didn't even all get television time.

Evolution is a great example of each member being important, but in the end, it was a rip-off of the Horsemen. Evolution was formed to help boost Triple H., and when any other member in the group got big enough and "important", ironically they were kicked out of the group. So that doesn't make the stable itself, great.

My pick is The Radicals! Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn & Eddie Guerrero.

No one individual was bigger than the other upon entering the company. Benoit got the most push out of them, but upon entering, it was actually Dean Malenko & Eddie Guerrero getting titles. Guerrero won the European title, while Malenko won the Light Heavyweight title.

Benoit went on to win the Intercontinental Championship, and Saturn ended up later down the line with the European title, but as a whole.. they were a great 4-some.

They worked well together, and often had each other's back. No one individual felt bigger than their partner.

Thank you, I realize your post after I post mines lol. I agree the Radicalz were the best man. It's sad how they were made back in WWF

For me it has to be Evolution. The stars that that stable created was amazing in my eyes. I dont think Randy orton Or batista would have ever been as big as they are today if it wasnt for Flair and Hunter. Dont get me wrong, they would have had great careers, regardless. But That Faction for me will always be looked back at as one of the best ever.

Evolution.....hands down....u had a sixteen time champion with ric flair....13 time champion wit hhh then throw in randy orton and batista for the hell of it.....i mean look at them now.....hhh is the champion .....orton is building his legacy already no not that gay group....ric is the greatest wrestler of all time....and batista is the worst out of them all thats sayin somethin

S.E.X--They were in the early days of TNA and were very entertaining.

What about the Diamond Exchange with DDP and the Diamond Dolls?

I'm going to answer this as "My Favorite Stable of All-Time" rather then saying which stable is the best. So, with that said, I would have to say The Triple Threat is and will always be my all time favorite stable.

Shane Douglas was just the perfect leader. He was charismatic, good looking, believable in the ring, and just someone who you could buy into as to why these other wrestlers and valets were taking his orders. He was one of the best "Quarterbacks" I've ever seen in any pro wrestling stable, if not THE best. And he's a humongous reason why I loved The Triple Threat as much as I did/do.

Francine was sexy as hell. Compared to today's divas, she doesn't hold up to much, but against skanks like Sable, Francine was at the top as far as sexiest women in wrestling (really the only person competing with her was Sunny, who was also apart of the Triple Threat off and on).

Chris Candido was great at being a lackey, but a lackey who could actually put up a fight and still have the crowd buy into it. He played the role of "Coward" VERY well in that stable, but somehow still managed to come off as a bad ass when the time called for it. That's fucking talent right there. Also, I must say his storyline with Lance Storm when he was in the Triple Threat is probably my favorite storyline to ever involve tag team champions, in any company. It was great.

And lastly, there was the enforcer, Bam Bam Bigelow. The guy at this point in his career became less mobile, so he just turned into strictly a power, monster like wrestler. And it worked. It worked best though playing the enforcer in the Triple Threat. He could double cross Shane and have Shane be a hero for a couple of months (and for that matter, put on an absolute classic against Shane at November to Remember), just to eventually help him when Shane started feuding against Taz. And the fan bought it all.

The Triple Threat had three fantastic wrestlers (four if you want to include Storm) and two gorgeous valets. Their storylines were beyond awesome. And the crowd ate everything they did up, at a time when ECW was in dire need of new stars/heels after Raven left the company. They were just the perfect stable, and I haven't seen any stable before or after that, to come close as to being as awesome, talented, and interesting as the Triple Threat were.

I have to say the Flock they had a great setup have your members in the crowd chanitng for you while you wrestle that is one of my favorite parts of WCW. Not to mention the Flock had great members I mean Billy Kidman, Raven, Lodi, and Saturn are who come to mind right now. They brought hardcore to WCW they invented the match taking place outside the ring concept. Some version of teh flock has been in every Company except WWE I think that Raven has been in. The TNA one had James Mitchell, Sin Bowdee (Kizarny), and many others. It started in ECW. That's three companies how many stables can say they've been in three different companies succesfully.

The "best is moot" as the Best never met each other... but if I could pit stables against each other i'd predict this...

Dangerous Alliance v Hart Foundation (1997)

Pretty even with legends like Zybysko, Rude & and Anderson facing off with Bret, Neidhart and Davey Boy...with the younger members like Pillman and Austin (funny that) facing off... The Harts have it on sheer quality... and that Rude would have probably turned...

Oddities v BWO

Oddities have a special place in my heart... it was the last real fun squad... no attitude... just fun... BWO always seemed forced to me, it was a rib and I knew it was... so in truth... Oddities win...

DX v The Horsemen

NOT Evoultion you say? How dare I... easy... Evolution was a cheap knock off of The Horsemen... but DX in its 1998 incarnation was something new... Triple H...finally leader of the Gang... X-Pac returning and more cocky than ever, the Outlaws...simply the hottest tag team for years and Chyna... not quite as hot... but lets face it... we all would have... but experience tells out... Tully and Arn would dismember the inexperienced Outlaws... Flair would make Trips weep...and I'd much have banged Madusa... so that leaves... Chyna and Xpac... scary (shudders)

The Flock v The Brood

Raven had a good idea... it was innovative, but lets face it the Brood kicked ass... The fire...Gangrel's character... even the white frilly shirts... you could see the talent oozing out of the Brood... and where are the flock now?

Radicalz v NWO

The NWO was dynmaite but they blew it by letting everyone join... the moment Virgil showed up it was done... The Radicalz, same idea... 4 invaders... till Eddie blew his elbow out in the first match... thats why it took years for them to make it in WWE...

but if there is ever a greatest stable... it is...

The Heenan Family

This was simply an awesome collection of wrestlers... disagree... read slowly

ANDRE... RICK RUDE...MR. PERFECT... HAKU.... ARN AND TULLY...

The Family had the best manager... the best talent in terms of heel workers and for the most part no dissention... Andre turned as he wanted to "go out a face" but other than that Heenan's group were as close as family... and their like are missed to this day... but Legacy look rather promising I must say...

The Hart Foundation simply because look at the team, a no other point was a team build some close to personal ties, along with the fact they'd feuded with one another just years previous, along with all the titles they'd accumulated over their wwf career, then you had Brian Pillman who was a star in his own right.. the feuds in 1997 are legendary and had the whole screw job not of happened I salivate at what could of been in 98 along with the Cockier Nation, DX (minus HBK).. WWE really banked on The Hart Foundation back in 1997 a lot of feuds spawned off from that group.

[QUOTE="The Living Legend" Johnny Gunnz;882831]Evolution. I don't even need to say why... I'll show you...

89jxhzc.jpg

Name another stable to hold every single major title on the Brand... or in a company...at the same time.[/QUOTE]

I've always been a fan of the wrestling itself instead of promos and things of that nature, so for that I am going to pick The Hart Foundation. They were incredible in the technical aspect. But, to pick the overall best faction, I have to agree with Johnny Gunnz in choosing Evolution. It was the perfect set up of a legend, the top guy in the company at that time, and two up and comers with tons of talent. I would've loved to see Evolution continue one a bit longer than it did, but it still panned out well the way it did.

[QUOTE="The Living Legend" Johnny Gunnz;882831]Evolution. I don't even need to say why... I'll show you...

89jxhzc.jpg

Well Kurt Angle held every title in TNA at one time. Does that make him better than Legacy all together? Now don't get me wrong, Evolution is one of the top 3 stables ever. But you can't honestly say they are better than the 4 horsemen, or DX. DX was amazing back in its hayday, and even had a decent run back in 06, or 07. 4 horseman is EASILY the best stable ever. Theres no doupting it, I mean the point to a stable is to put people over, keep your guys on the top, and work as a unison. The 4 horsemen wrote the stable 101 book. How can you honestly say, that anyone, in Evolution was better than the 4 horseman had anyways? Arn Anderson > (the evolution) Ric Flair. Tully > Batista. Ole Anderson > Randy Orton. Ric Flair > HHH. Everyone evolution had, the 4 horseman could easily trump.

Evolution due to the fact they helped make 2 stars out of the faction you had a former world champ you had a present world champ and 2 future world champs and i cant ever remember another stable like that for example:

The Four Horsemen: Ric Flair was the only one to have held the world title and i'm only counting the original memebers

NWO: Hall was never champ

DX:The New AGe Outlaws or Xpac never became champ

so my point is EVolution is the best because everyone in it has held a world title. Plus as someone else said they had The World title The Ic belt and the tag titles at one time

I will have to say the NWO 4 sure..... it was a sable that was made of some of the best wrestlers of our time... it was smartly played to the fans and i loved all there promos and interviews.....

DX was good but they were just made to compete with WCW's brilliant idea for the NWO... But after they were made up they did take on a great persona of there own.

But a really good stable that everyone forgets about was the oringinal L.O.D

Consisting of the Road Warriors... Jake Roberts... King Kong Bundy... and the Exicushioner... had they been apart of wrestling when it was big in the 80's and 90's they would have been a realy good stable 2.

The best stable of all time hands down was the nwo. When the nwo was formed ratings went up, the MNW started, wrestling was the cool thing to watch and it got the casual fan interested in the product. Not too mention all of the nwo's heel antics that made them the bad ass stable they were. The nwo forced WWE to make stables of their own, DX, Nation, DOA, Los Boricuas. JOB Squad, Oddities, Hart Foundation and of these stables on DX and the Hart Foundation were good however they couldn't touch the nwo in terms of popularity and the term best stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back