Do we need a stable?

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
DX, NWO, Nation of Domination, Right to Censor, Million Dollar Corporation, Kaientai, The Hart Foundation, The corporation, The Ministry of darkness, The radicals, Evolution...heck even the Mean Street posse, well the last one was a bit too far but you get the idea.

Now to me a stable is 3 or more people, so the new DX were not a stable, they were a tag team. With the only recent attempt at a stable being the ECW originals/New breed or La Familia. Though I feel we need a big stable war, you know the type;The ministry v the corporation or a bit smaller. A stable that has someone who can be Champ, someone who can be IC/US, then tag champs and of course an up and comer who needs that push.

A cross brand stable would be great, a good heel stable v a good face one with a general heated rivalry that could last all year. I mean come on, survivor series was built to pit a stable against a stable!

I feel these two stables could bring prestige back to the tag team division and the midcard titles, it would bring feuds that meant something. I feel this would be a good move, or has wrestling moved on? Are stables a thing of the past, or would a big stable war help WWE out?

A Stable War would be cool to watch, as La Familia has pretty much failed as a stable - the two worst tag team champions of all time, a useless bodyguard and now, no Edge.

But as for who would be in the stables, I can't see anything right now. Perhaps the new superstars of ECW/SmackDown such as Scotty Goldman (worst ring name ever...well, after Braden Walker anyway) Ricky Ortiz, Ryan Braddock, etc. vs. Team Priceless Dream and some other guys, perhaps like Deuce or someone? I don't know. They aren't perfect suggestions, but it's all I can come up with.

The CTC thing died pretty quickly didn't it?

I think JBL should form a stable with Rhodes and Dibiase. He had a stable through the majority of his WWE title run, if JBL wants to be champ again, why doesn't his character realise that he needs backup to help him become the champ again?

A new Evolution would have been cool, but imo there needs to be more than one stable, or a stable needs to be challeneged by a group of guys who band together against them.

Remember the Radicalz fueding with Too Cool and interchangeable guys in 2000? The Nation taking on Ahmed Johnson and LOD? LOD w/ Droz versus D.O.A.?
In 1999 you had DX, the Corperation, the Ministry, the Brood and later the Union, all together at the same time.

Now we get 3 rookies who do nothing except run-ins helping out the champ, and that's it. Terrible, terrible booking. 5 guys to help beat the Undertaker, and he obliterates all of them on his own more often than not. They have the same effect as a loud bang. They put you off your game for a second or two and nothing more. Of course those seconds are when Edge manages to recover, get a chair and then gain the advantage.

Every stable should be like Evolution. I don't mean they should all have championships, but they should all be contending for championships and then helping the leader when he needs it, and should only ever disband if they fued with each other, or they get drafted. Not just stop for no reason like the New Breed did, or stop because HHH got hurt. Was the Spirit Squad break up ever explained or did it just happen?

Yes, they do need a new stable. You look back at the success of wrestling in the '90s and there were major stables in both companies. WCW had the nWo, WWF had DX and the Corporation. They need either a group like the nWo/DX with some wrestlers who go out there and have fun while also being serious. Or they need a new serious heel group that just dominates.

IMO, right now would be a great time for a new Evolution. Randy Orton could be the leader with Batista back in the group along with Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase. They'd be very over with the crowd as heels and could feud with John Cena, CM Punk and HBK.

Or I think they could do a new blood type group with Shane McMahon as the leader. They could have Randy Orton, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Cody Rhodes, Dibiase, Santino, Kendrick, etc. and feud with Cena, Batista, Triple H, Taker and HBK.

I'm a big fan of stables, I mean, they were a big part of the Attitude Era. Sure, Steve Austin, The Rock, McMahon, amongst others were the HUGE stars, but the stables DEFINITELY didn't hurt the product. And though the Ministry and Corporate thing they did with Stephanie McMahon were kind of cheesy, they were still good. Every time I watch a wrestling show, I think about stables. TNA actually somewhat has stables, and I think that's why I've been enjoying it lately. As far as the WWE goes, I kind of like La Familia, but there just aren't any stars in there without Edge. I can see a lot of promise though on both SmackDown! and RAW.

First, I think starting a stable with MVP and Shelton Benjamin is a good starting point, not because they're black, but because their attitudes kind of fit together, plus they are both rising (and in Benjamin's case RE-rising) stars. Throw in anyone, even just some random tag team, or even just a third or fourth up and coming star. Also, I think Edge works VERY well in a stable, and it is kind of something that he is used to thoughout his WWE career. It really doesn't matter who you throw in that stable, Edge can take anyone to "great heights" (as they say). Also, if they want to reach their Latino fanbase, they really need to look to Carlito. Carlito & his brother I'm sure would make a superior tag team. Throw in Super Crazy, and maybe not just be latino, you could throw in some other random foreigners. Kofi, Umaga (which would be REALLY funny with Carlito on the mic "translating" for him), Paul Burchill, Santino, whoever, doesn't really matter.

Mr. Kennedy is out, and he would be a perfect mouthpiece for any stable. On the RAW brand, there are several things that they could do. CTC, could work if they actually use them as a stable more than once. Also, the 2nd Generation thing that hey were THINKING about, would be great. (DH, Cody, Ted, Natalya, Teddy Hart [yeah, have to bring him back though]) Ted is definitely the star in that group though, and eventhough he is 3rd generation, you could always throw in Orton for immediate star power.

I also think on RAW, Miz & Morrison could be a good foundation to a stable, throw in say CM Punk, and really anyone else. Or you could also give them a veteran in JBL. Chris Jericho is on a good start to creating a stable, if they wanted to take it further, add in some more young guys, maybe even former tag teamers, just like they have Lance Cade. I could go on for hours on this, and it's something I've preached in multiple places, such as the chats before Monday Night RAW. Glad to see others would like to see stables too, I just think they are VERY good for wrestling, and really help with advancing storylines.

We do need a stable, but anyone of the WWE's megastars (Batista, Cena, Undertaker, HHH, ect.) should be excluded. This leaves ample ammounts of stars who could get exposure, and still plenty of star power

Faces:
Matt Hardy
Jeff hardy
Evan Bourne
Mr. Kennedy
Paul London
Kofi Kingston
D-Lo Brown
Super Crazy

Heels:
MVP
Shelton Benjamin
The Brian Kendrick
Santino Marella
Paul Burchill
Willam Regal
John Morrison
The Miz

Therse stabels not only show case good up and coming talent but has good starpower to boot. a massive tristable war would be great of the company and would make for someinteresting tv while not holding down big moneymakers like Cena/Batista

Well we already sort of have one in CTC. Allthough they haven't done much together in a while they should stick together, they all fit well together. It would boost the popularity of Cryme Tyme too, being with Cena.

I guess JBL and Team Priceless are one too, but it's not really a stable. They've just been stuck together for a few weeks. They could form one, JBL using his powers to keep them Tag Team Champions or something, not sure.

A stable on either show would be a good idea as long as it's done right. The New Hart Foundation or New Evolution would be good starts...but the only problem I forsee is getting the right faces together to confront them.

I think a stable war would be the shit, I like stable wars if the stable remembers work well together. I think a good heel stable would be Orton, Batista, and Team Priceless and they could feud with CTC and maybe Punk, where Orton can chase the title and Batista can continue his feud with Cena and the tag teams could feud, as time goes on you can add and kick people out accordingly for a big build like the good ol days where it went on but never really got stale.

I think that a New Nation Of Domanation/Evoultion would be cool. You could have:

MVP(Main guy on Smackdown)
R-Truth(the guy on Raw)
Elijah Burke(The guy on ECW
Cryme Tyme(The Tag Team)
Kofi(Midcard on Raw)
Shelton(Midcard on Smackdown)
Mark Henry(Midcard on ECW)
Tony Atlas(manager)
Alicia Fox or Kristal(the valets/women wrestler)

So basically you got the Black guys who are tired of not getting a push. So MVP and R-Truth who would be the leaders would team up and recruit every other African American wrestler in the WWE and instead of them taking over one brand they would take over the entire WWE. The tiles would go as followed:

MVP:WWE Champion
R-Truth:World Heavyweight Champion
Elijah Burke:ECW Champion as i would choose him over Henry any day.
Cyme Tyme:World Tag Team
Kofi:IC Champion
Shelton:US or maybe World champion not sure

I've had thi idea in my head for awhile the name of the group would be the Stallionaires. I know that this would never happen but it seems like it would be pretty cool because they would knod of mix between NOD/Four Horsemen/Evolution. But i don't know thats my opinoun.

I would want to see one stable that runs all over both shows. Run ins from SD! guys on Raw. Travel would be a concern, but it would have nWo overtones without really taking over a show.

It would kind of be a badass DX. DX was always kind of funny, but did what they wanted. I would want a stable that does what they want, with force.

fuck NO we dont need a stable. this is just another case of the fanboy attitude smarks longing for what once was. Look the WWE barely has enough decent talent to feild three different programs and a good PPV show every month. We dont need people being sucked up into stables, were they may even further be lost in a shuffle, or what have you. You get people over by pushing them, alone, and in the limelight. yes stablesare fun, but what does everyone look forward to?? When will the stable break up, and allow these guys to get out on their own. well there you go. why not eliminate the first part. Possibly one large foreighn heel stable. but thats all, seriously. And the only reason THAT would work,is becuase the foreighn heel threat ALWAYS works. all these other stables everyone is blabbing about are fucking nonsense. Ok, lets take some bland guys who are barely over and have any fucking direction to BEGIN with, and fucking lump them together?? yea,thats how you foster the next generation of stars....

I'd have to say no. La Familia was an attempt at a stable, and it just went bad. It's now nother but Chavo and 3 mid card wrestlers. It wasn't really a stable and for the brief time that it was close, it didn't work. Stables can be great if done right, but right now there isn't room or need for one. A stable is only as good as its leader and the person or team its at war with, and right now there isn't anyone strong enough to go to war with a stable. There could be one a few months from now, but until then I don't think it could be done properly and it would fail if attempted.

KB is absolutely spot on with that. La Familia is a great example of why we DONT need a stable. Yes, that fucking worked awesome didnt it?? "but NorCal, look at Hawkins and Ryder!!!" you say. Um what, they were gievn a new gimmick?? as if either is more over now, then they were at armageddon?? Bullshit. SO what they have the tag titles. as if those mean fucking anything, especially on SD!. yea they mean you get to not ever be on TV, and when you do show up, you get tossed out of a battle royal after 1 minute like a bitch. Same goes for Chavo, and Bam neely. as if anyone gives a fuck. That "stable" was Basicallly Edge and Vickie Vs everyone. A foreighn heel stable is all that would work, and only becuase its an EASY heat generator, and can have legs for quite some time. But the WWE just doesnt have the depth right now to do it properly.

Though La Familia might not have worked well, I think it isn't a stretch to say that a stable could work. There are lots of guys in the roster who aren't used or just don't do much, that could be used in a stable to get them more over.

It was stated how many times stables lead to success, but not every time clearly. If it worked in the past, why not now? And if you don't have anything else for someone or they just aren't going anywhere, why not give it a shot? What is there to lose?
I thought the New Breed was a great stable but they just kind of disbanded. Why not have a young guys or second generation stable..it doesn't have to be New Blood vs Millionaire's Club like TNA is gonna try, but just some young guys getting together. I think Orton would be great with Priceless and maybe a midcard guy or veteran. Those 3 have star written all over them. Or I think a New Nation would be a good idea...get MVP to be the leader and recruit Shelton, Elijah Burke, Cryme Time and maybe Henry as an Enforcer. You have it spanning all three brands and they could get over and take titles from each show.
There are plenty of guys that could use the help and it's a proven success, so I'd say see if a stable can work and if not oh well, but if it does...then you could have guys become huge stars.

I'm not saying that EVERY guy needs to be in a stable, and being in a stable isn't just for midcard guys they have nothing for. Stables CAN produce stars, take, for example, The Rock. Edge, and to a lesser extent, Christian. They do work, and they do generate interest. Stable's don't have to last forever. And using La Familia I think is a bad example. Edge, and The "Edgeheads" were good, but throwing in Vickie I don't think was needed, and putting Chavo, who really, in my opinion, doesn't have a lot of anything to add to RAW, he's just there for his mexican heritage. WWE is reaching out to the Latino crowd, hence La Familia, that was all it was there for. And to make Undertaker look unstoppable. Stables give more guys more air time, so we don't forget about them. So far, on RAW, where's Regal? Where's Katie Lea? Where's Paul? And, once again, I'm not saying keep 'em together, but put some guys out there, and see how they do. Maybe they can separate themselves like The Rock did. CM Punk is a good change for singles wrestlers, and a good example of pushing a guy to the next level, but they can't do that with everyone right now. So do something with 'em, take turns on the mic, in the ring, what have you. Give me more feuds, I could care less about what's going on right now. Y2J and HBK are the only two things I think RAW has going for it. But, we know stables aren't going to happen anyways. So, all is for nothing. But, SOME (not everyone here obviously) can hope.

KB is absolutely spot on with that. La Familia is a great example of why we DONT need a stable. Yes, that fucking worked awesome didnt it?? "but NorCal, look at Hawkins and Ryder!!!" you say. Um what, they were gievn a new gimmick?? as if either is more over now, then they were at armageddon?? Bullshit. SO what they have the tag titles. as if those mean fucking anything, especially on SD!. yea they mean you get to not ever be on TV, and when you do show up, you get tossed out of a battle royal after 1 minute like a bitch. Same goes for Chavo, and Bam neely. as if anyone gives a fuck. That "stable" was Basicallly Edge and Vickie Vs everyone. A foreighn heel stable is all that would work, and only becuase its an EASY heat generator, and can have legs for quite some time. But the WWE just doesnt have the depth right now to do it properly.

The problem with this argument is that La Familia was exactly what KB and you said it was, a mega superstar, a female non-wrestler, 3 mid-carders, and Bam Neely, who is nobody. La Familia was a poor attempt at creating a dominant stable that became feared. Instead, it was just a background vehicle for the Edge/Vickie/Undertaker angle, and that's why it didn't really work.

You also said in an earlier post that you get people over by pushing them alone. In recent memory, I'll say that there are two stars in this business that benefitted tremendously from being in a stable, and the are Batista and Randy Orton. Evolution made them stars, and once Evolution helped establish them, it disbanded and they ran with their momentum. The disbanding also allowed for a "history" between HHH/Batista/Orton. When Batista defeated HHH at mania, he defeated someone who was his mentor. Same goes for Orton and HHH. The WWE milked Evolution for all it was worth and they did well by doing that.

I agree with you on the foreign stable front, and I also agree that I don't see it. The only "stable" I can see is an African-American stable with the likes of MVP, Benjamin, Burke, R-Truth, and possibly Mark Henry. If pushed and written properly, all of these guys could benefit greatly in the long run from being involved with a dominant stable.

I think that it would be a great thing for now! We get several people together and be a thorn in the side of the wrestlers! Like have Santino, JBL, and the tag champs ( I guess even Glamazon) like he did in the day (where Santino would be the Department of Foreign Relations). Of course, JBL would more likely have to get the belt. Either wise it would not make much sense.

The problem with this argument is that La Familia was exactly what KB and you said it was, a mega superstar, a female non-wrestler, 3 mid-carders, and Bam Neely, who is nobody. La Familia was a poor attempt at creating a dominant stable that became feared. Instead, it was just a background vehicle for the Edge/Vickie/Undertaker angle, and that's why it didn't really work.

You also said in an earlier post that you get people over by pushing them alone. In recent memory, I'll say that there are two stars in this business that benefitted tremendously from being in a stable, and the are Batista and Randy Orton. Evolution made them stars, and once Evolution helped establish them, it disbanded and they ran with their momentum. The disbanding also allowed for a "history" between HHH/Batista/Orton. When Batista defeated HHH at mania, he defeated someone who was his mentor. Same goes for Orton and HHH. The WWE milked Evolution for all it was worth and they did well by doing that.

I agree with you on the foreign stable front, and I also agree that I don't see it. The only "stable" I can see is an African-American stable with the likes of MVP, Benjamin, Burke, R-Truth, and possibly Mark Henry. If pushed and written properly, all of these guys could benefit greatly in the long run from being involved with a dominant stable.

And do you see??? Something La Familia is all the WWE can muster right now in regards to a stable. Thats exactly my point. The depth is too lacking, it it wont work, just like it didnt with them. You just proved my point FOR me.

Ahh yes and I was waiting for someone to say "BUT...BUT....EVOLUTION!!!"...Well thankyou for that peice of information. wow, what an egregious oversight by me right??? Wrong. Firstly, fucking LOOK at Batista and Orton. They wouldve been top stars regardless, Evolution was just a manner in which to speed things up. That and Evolution wasnt a "stable" in the way people are talking about here. It was just 4 guys, one of them the absolute stand alone top heel in the game (Triple H) and one of the best of all time, in Ric Flair. They were also booked to look extremely dominant, especially their leader. It was a special situation with special guys. Thats why it was remembered with such reverence, and due to the number of members, and those involved, I barely even consider it a stable in the same context as what we are speaking. I mean shit, the spirit squad was a STABLE.....and we all know those dudes are around these days tearing up the WWE arent they??? :headbanger:

I would like to see a good stable but I;m not sure the WWE could pull one off right now. I would like a stable that was used to help establish new guys. La Familla did not work because it was obviously just used to make Edge better, and not for helping Hawkins/Ryder, Chavo, Bam all get over. The only thing with a "new" kid stable is that it could turn out like The New Breed where none of them became anything. If the WWE put 2-3 wrestlers together with a diva and a vetern it might work if the focus was not on the vetern but was on the new guys and the vetern was just merley helping the young guys get over.

Whats up guys im new to the forums, but not new to wrestling. Something ive found in all the years of watching wrestling is this... people LOVE gang war fare. I do and everyone i know that used to be a fan watched only to see nWo or DX kick some ass ya know. Plus how do you not jump to your feet when a group of guys are gang beatin someone and then his crew hits the ring to save him. A sence of comarodary between guys is something everyone likes. Even when i was back in high school and someone started some shit and your boys showed up just to back you up it got everyone jacked...

I believe in the concept of a stable if it makes sense. Right now there is no angle in which it could really be used. I would like to see one sooner than later though, maybe just to pick up on some of the very dull action we've been seeing. I thought I heard that Randy Orton was supposed to lead a stable of second generation stars (Carlito, Dibiase, Rhodes and Smith) which I think would be great.

How about......

Evolution
Randy Orton
Cody Rhodes
Ted Dibiase

to feud with

INSERT COOL STABLE NAME
John Cena
Cryme Tyme

I also think it would be cool to bring back the Nation, with the following

D'Lo Brown
Mark Henry
Shelton Benjamin
MVP
Kofi Kingston

You have two top feuds, Orton vs. Cena which I think has the potentail to match Rock vs. Austin, and probably the two best tag teams in the WWE at the moment.

I would love to see the Nation back, I absolutely loved their fued with DX back in the day, only problem is I don't know who they could feud with nowadays. D'Lo and Mark Henry are stale in my eyes, they were both at their best in the Nation.

I don't think there's ever a bad time to make a stable, but I don't know if one is really needed. With there being three brands it's hard to find enough superstars that would go good together. Bringing back evolution with Batista, Rhodes, Dibiase, and Orton makes some sense as did Cryme Tyme with Cena until Cena's injury, but other then that I don't really see any of the other brands with the right mix of superstars to make a good stable. If Dlo was on smackdown or ecw, or if Mark Henry was on RAW then maybe they could reform the NOD, but I don't see a stable being formed anytime soon.

I'd like to see stables in WWE, the DX, NOD, DOA, Los Boriquas type, not the Dudes with Attitudes or the Union kind.

It can make it more interesting to watch. The 2nd (or 3rd) generation stars could get more attention as a unit. Start a gang wars if they have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back