The Corporation take over on D-Generation X and Ministry of Darkness

Xtreme_Animlas2314

Pre-Show Stalwart
If this as already been talked about or this post should go somewhere else, sorry for the trouble.

Have you ever notice when something good or great is going on without a McMahon in it. That at the end of the day somehow gets screwed up by the McMahon's when they join forces with something. Go along with me; it may take a second so bare with me.!

We had two of the biggest and best dominate stable like Ministry of Darkness (Debuted January 1999 to Disbanded April 29, 1999) and D-Generation X (Debuted September 20, 1997 to Disbanded December 13, 1999). Things were going good if you ask me but when you but Ministry of Darkness and The Corporation (Debut November 16, 1998 to Disbanded April 29, 1999) together. Did you feel like you were getting screwed over and with the McMahons behing the stable now as Corporate Ministry (Debuted April 29, 1999 to Disbanded July 26, 1999) it started slowly dying. Again the same thing with the D-Generation X The Corporation as the Corporate X/McMahon-Helmsley Faction/Regime (Debuted December 13, 1999 to Disbanded early 2001 and finally died mid-2002).

Yes, both stable were fine without the corpotaion if you ask me but I just think that the only for a stable to quietly dye down is by having a McMahon in the stable.

What would happen if the Ministry of Darkness just kept on going without the Corporation or Vince at all. How long do you think the stable was going to really last.

The same thing what would happen if they never showed the McMahon-Helmsley Faction/Regime when Triple H stole Stephanie from Test. It was great on TV no doubt but when they joined forces with Vince and Shane that's when things went down hill for me.

I know the dates aren't actually accurate but pretty close though.

The Corporation was fine if you asked me but it just when they fused it with these two stable just wasn't the greatest thing.

How far would The Corporation have gone with a McMahon?

How far would the Ministry of Darkness have gone without a McMahon?

How far would the D-Generation X have gone without a McMahon?

Also any random thoughts that come to mind about these three stables.
As of right now these were the only two big stables that were affected by the McMahons. Mostly when a McMahon gets their hands on it turns into gold for a minute or while but when its finally all over with it just a piece of crap once they are done with it.

SOme of the talents that were in any of these stables did go on and better things and some well never did much of anything to begin with so.

i LOVED the ministry. they scared the shit out of people and did things not done before. for the most part i might add. yes making them the "corperate ministry" was a horrible idea.

DX: i dont even count when Steph was in it as DX anymore.

The Corperation. were they not started by vince? i could be wrong there, but i thought they were

Expanding on your point, I thought it was lame how the McMahons made the WCW invasion all about them, by having Shane be the boss of WCW and Stephanie the boss of ECW. Paul Heyman would have been just fine as the ECW boss, and Vince should have made more effort to get Bischoff or Ric Flair as the boss of WCW. They both ended up coming to WWE within a year or so anyway.

i agree to a point the ministry of darkness should have never been part of the corporation but to say the corporation would of been better off without vince is asinine considering the fact that vince himself started cause of stone cold and he wanted his champ which at the time was the rock which lead to a great fued with foley which lead to stone cold and the rock at WM in philly which i was in attendance for js :D but this is vince we are talking about here i mean this is the guy who decided to kill WWECW by making himself the champ anyway you do have valid points tho just not about the corporation which was one of my favorite stables at that point

I guess your right to a certain extent but your dates are off... None of those factions were still rolling by 01 or 02... 01 was The WCECW Invasion!

I think many times the Mcmahons screwed up storylines by getting themselves involved, I totally hated it when they got all of them involved in the Wrestlemania 2000 main event.

Good topic...

Point is .. its WWE .. owned by Vince, and Vinnie Mac is the kinda guy that likes to be a "working boss" if you will. And I personally love that about who VKM is.

Granted, some of the storylines were bad and ppl may think it "ruined" this or that ... but Vince is pure gold whenever he touches the mic. When he was revealed as the higher power, I marked the fuck out. It was a good time for me if you ask. It jus goes to show that anything can and will happen in WWE .. and that's damn sure because a McMahon will make sure it goes right.

Its his company, and he can do what he wants. But as it pertains to him runing the stables he's been involed with I wouldn't agree wit ya. I damn sure wasn't watching Monday Nitro ill tell u that much.

And fact, none of them DID need Mcmahon there, it damn sure solidified anyone who was a part of that higher "rank" if you will in the kayfabe sense. Who wouldn't want thatz. They did what they wanted when Vince or shane was around and who the hell wouldn't want to get writtn into the show like that.

Id take it as a blessing if he wanted to get involved in a program with me. But as for being let down as a fan, I cannot say that I was. It don't matter about if your time frames are wrong or if your a rookie poster, it was just a little bigger of an issue for you huh ... lol ..to each his own ..

m1k3b14z3

"but to say the corporation would of been better off without vince is asinine considering the fact that vince himself started cause of stone cold"

I said "How far would The Corporation have gone 'with' a McMahon?" Thanks for the response. The corporation itself wasn't that bad it was enjoyable to watch no doubt it just when they merge those two stables I was disappointed though.

CyDeez

"dates are off"

Yeah I know some of the dates were off a bit I got them from wikipedia. It's almost accurated like I stated but it was close at least.

1_2_3 Kid

Thanks for your post.!

Your right about the VKM character and he doesn't so well but you have to wonder if the stable would had lasted longer if Vince never came out and said he was the higher power. Then you have to think who or would they choose to take that place if any at that time. No a day you definatly need to tell us if that was going on right now like the whole GM thing. I just back then would taken that spot or would Undertaker find a way to claim the spot and go even darker then where it was already going.

I feel you about him not ruined the stable but it could've done without for sure. That's just me! Plus I was watching Nitro and Raw at the same time every monday and it sucks that didn't record them all or even remember most of that stuff back then.! To bad they just don't make dvd's for us by monthy or yearly show of raw, nitro, thunder, smackdown, velocity, saturday night, limewire, jakked, and heat. (Whatever other show they had going on.!) I would pay money to get the dvd and be able to relive the glory days over and over.

At the time we couldn't get enough of the McMahons and we didn't care that much except for these days. Now we think its too much time of people talking then wrestling. I think they solidfy the timing alot better then they do now thats for sure. Yeah we may have gotten 3 or 4 matches and the rest is some kind of angle or interview or something but it was golden and just continue a feud. To me sometime these days it just a waste a time for certain people that don't need to be talking and they take forever to get over or even finish what they are saying. It was as entertaining as it was in the 90's.

The main players at the time was also if you think about it was midcarders anyways for some of the stable members or just a tag team of some sort. We didn't think like that then but we sure do it now at least I can see it alot differently. I guess thats why I miss some of the stuff back then compare it to NOW.!

I would love to talk about other wrestling stuff or tag teams or stables. All day long but it's hard to do it or get other people be interest in the same topic you want to talk about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back