Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

So for those who don't have me on facebook, I've taken on a new challenge. I heard that the current record for beating Link To The Past on the SNES (without glitching) is 1 hour 13 minutes. My personal record was exactly one decade ago, in the second half of 2006 I cleared it in 2 hours 15 minutes.

I'm going to set a new record.

The ripping character sheets aside, which I really did like, I would’ve liked to see you dissect your opponents more with Tiffany under your new gimmick. Maybe focus on one more than the others.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate that you would provide input despite us being potential opponents this round.

The reason I did not focus on one more than the others was that even though Noah is the odds on favorite to win the vote, I wanted to focus on any potential opponent. Say I had focused the most on Veejay yet Noah wins the vote, it makes my RP weaker against Noah, for example. I kept Tiffany out of the final promo other than introducing Theron because he's supposed to be the focus. She had already been included significantly with Ian earlier. Though I see your point here, speaking about opponents with her is definitely something to do more in upcoming rounds.

That brings me to your gimmick change. I think it’s brilliant what you have done, Shawn playing a character playing another character. There’s a lot of potential there, but I think you got cold feet about switching to chaotic good.

At first I was extremely skeptical of it (which pretty much everyone was already aware) and this whole cycle has been a lot of trying new things. Some of this content I have hated, some I've really enjoyed. I'd be lying if I didn't say I miss writing about The Merry Band Of Misfits going on quests for Mystrian Artifacts that Shar Cults stole, but I have to change things up for my target demographic which is you guys and especially Creative. This change will take getting used to but this RP opened that door as intended and here we are.

What I’m worried about is rather than having this edgy, dangerous good guy, we’ll get a watered down version instead, because nobel good guy Daggershield is playing the Chaotic good Blackjack.

I can certainly see this as a concern. I do plan to turn it up a notch once I get a better feel for where to take the character. What I am aiming for is something as opportunistic as Edge was in WWE, yet still a face. I've considered re-watching a bunch of old Attitude Era content to help me find some ways to enhance the edginess (no pun intended). Plus I'm feeling nostalgic anyway, so two birds with one stone. If you have any ideas on how you'd want to see this part of the character expanded on feel free to share.

Talking with Tiffany in the 2nd part, there wasn’t much different between Daggershield preparing for the match, and Blackjack preparing for it. Yea he mentioned “opportunities” instead of “making sure”, but the difference is comparable to vanilla and vanilla with mocca. I’m confused how his transition went unnoticed to him, but then in the interview he acknowledged the changes. Wouldn’t he just assume he’s always been this way? The RP is great, the gimmick I’m concerned about, but I know what you’re capable of, so I’m not too worried.

The end promo takes place two days after Blackjack was triggered, so Theron and Tiffany had approximately 48 hours to speak before the morning of the day that Unscripted is taking place on, which is when the end promo was (kayfabe) filmed and posted. I included that in the descriptions but moving forward I might just put stuff like "A couple of days later, on the morning of Unscripted 2016" in centered bolded text instead of describing it having appeared over a black media device screen. Theron knows he is "playing a different character", he just isn't aware that there is an additional layer. We know it is Shawn playing Theron playing Blackjack. To Theron there's only 2 degrees of separation rather than 3.

The only confirmed thing Theron is fully unaware of (besides his own original identity) is Ian's former character Kaleesta, thus Theron thinking Ian has always been Diamond. All Theronisms are retained to prevent confusion for anyone, and Kirilah stayed the same other than gaining a new character class of a Knight and a new "last name" in Heart. She wasn't part of the campaign Theron originally played as Blackjack, yet Ian was. Theron mentally had nothing else to see Tiffany as, so she was still Kirilah. This is the in-character reason why the Theronisms stayed. You guys have new character classes, but the same names. This is seen when he calls Veejay a Minstrel instead of a Bard.

There's a whole lot that can be expanded upon, so as I said earlier I'm open to hearing ideas from you on what you may want to see or what you think could be good for further improving the writing.

That goes for anyone else too who wants to chime in.

So for those who don't have me on facebook, I've taken on a new challenge. I heard that the current record for beating Link To The Past on the SNES (without glitching) is 1 hour 13 minutes. My personal record was exactly one decade ago, in the second half of 2006 I cleared it in 2 hours 15 minutes.

I think my personal record is like 3 hours. However, I can beat super mario world in under 10 minutes without any glitches.

I don't think I've ever wandered in here before, at least to post something. I'm happy you appreciated the feedback. I understand everything that you just said, and I don't think anything was wrong with your RP, those were just something's I didn't care for or thought could be better. I must've really glossed over the start of the third section to miss the two days thing. I assumed it was days later, its just the transition seemed too easy, that's all. What I can say is I'm really looking forward to your next few RPs, and that's what you want the readers to feel.

Cheers

I've seen your post on FB. Best of luck. I've never been one to speed through video games, I like to take my time and make sure I've done everything. I do hold some pretty sick scores at Minesweeper. 25 seconds on intermediate and 79 seconds on expert. Proud of those even though they aren't near records.

I've seen your post on FB. Best of luck. I've never been one to speed through video games, I like to take my time and make sure I've done everything. I do hold some pretty sick scores at Minesweeper. 25 seconds on intermediate and 79 seconds on expert. Proud of those even though they aren't near records.

Link To The Past and Super Metroid are currently the only titles I speed run. I generally do try to take my time and enjoy the adventure in most games. Although FWR's post has made me consider a Super Mario World speed run now....

I think my personal record is like 3 hours. However, I can beat super mario world in under 10 minutes without any glitches.

Sounds like a challenge I'd be up for.

Yoshi's Island 2
Yoshi's Island 3
Yoshi's Island 4
Iggy's Castle
Donut Plains 1
Donut Secret 1
Donut Secret House
Star World 1
Star World 2
Star World 3
Star World 4
Bowser's Castle

Is that the route you took?

I attempted something similar with Mario 64 a few years ago. The best speed run that I saw was around 19 minutes and I was capable of beating the game in about 40. Even though I was able to replicate the bunny glitch where you force the bunny through the wooden door of the basement, I wasn't able to glitch through the Bowser door. I think my best time ever was 38 minutes.

Best of luck my friend.

I attempted something similar with Mario 64 a few years ago. The best speed run that I saw was around 19 minutes and I was capable of beating the game in about 40. Even though I was able to replicate the bunny glitch where you force the bunny through the wooden door of the basement, I wasn't able to glitch through the Bowser door. I think my best time ever was 38 minutes.

Best of luck my friend.

Yeah the BLJ is such a hard trick to master, current world record for 0 star is 6:44, 120 is 1:40:29

Yeah the BLJ is such a hard trick to master, current world record for 0 star is 6:44, 120 is 1:40:29

I have never tried a 120 star speed run before. At least not a proper one, but I'd imagine that it would be at least 2 hours. An hour/40 without tools is very tight.

I have never tried a 120 star speed run before. At least not a proper one, but I'd imagine that it would be at least 2 hours. An hour/40 without tools is very tight.

Yeah. I doubt I could do it in less than four hours to be honest. I remember taking HOURS to get all the stars on rainbow ride. Also you should see these guys on Tick Tock Clock. It's amazing to watch. I assume you know about the Games Done Quick marathons but if you aren't you should google the 120 star race from this years Awesome Games done Quick.

Link To The Past and Super Metroid are currently the only titles I speed run. I generally do try to take my time and enjoy the adventure in most games. Although FWR's post has made me consider a Super Mario World speed run now....

Sounds like a challenge I'd be up for.

Yoshi's Island 2
Yoshi's Island 3
Yoshi's Island 4
Iggy's Castle
Donut Plains 1
Donut Secret 1
Donut Secret House
Star World 1
Star World 2
Star World 3
Star World 4
Bowser's Castle

Is that the route you took?

Exact route I take.

Ah, 100% speed run. I need to try that for Link To The Past too. Only problem would be that stupid digging minigame.

Yeah. I doubt I could do it in less than four hours to be honest. I remember taking HOURS to get all the stars on rainbow ride. Also you should see these guys on Tick Tock Clock. It's amazing to watch. I assume you know about the Games Done Quick marathons but if you aren't you should google the 120 star race from this years Awesome Games done Quick.

Tick Tock Clock was the WORST. Everyone hates on Rainbow Ride but I always found Tick Tock Clock to be by far the toughest level. Getting 100 coins in there was a nightmare as a kid, my final star the first time I played the game.

Exact route I take.

10 minutes huh? Not bad. I did that very route in 21 minutes last night although I died twice. Which two rooms in Bowser's Castle do you do? #1 without any switch palaces is easily the toughest so I did 2 and 7. I probably should have done 8 instead of 7.... I'm just glad you don't have to do Star World 5. I hate that level so much.

In order to shave seconds the long and wall jumps are used constantly. I have seen GDQ before but I haven't seen the 120 star race. I may try it and see where I stack up.

For Mario another difficult task is to collect all the coins on each level. I was able to do this on all of these but 2. Very difficult but fun task

Ah, 100% speed run. I need to try that for Link To The Past too. Only problem would be that stupid digging minigame.

Tick Tock Clock was the WORST. Everyone hates on Rainbow Ride but I always found Tick Tock Clock to be by far the toughest level. Getting 100 coins in there was a nightmare as a kid, my final star the first time I played the game.

10 minutes huh? Not bad. I did that very route in 21 minutes last night although I died twice. Which two rooms in Bowser's Castle do you do? #1 without any switch palaces is easily the toughest so I did 2 and 7. I probably should have done 8 instead of 7.... I'm just glad you don't have to do Star World 5. I hate that level so much.

3 and 7 I believe. The room where yiu first see the mechakoopas so you can get a cape so you can take out the sports players easier.

Which two?

Lethal Lava Land and Tiny Huge Island. The lava land I missed two enemy at the top of the volcano that you can't kill without kicking them into the lava below and it is next to impossible to obtain the coins in the process without dying. The other just has so many coins to get with so many enemies that are very difficult to kill. Very frustrating level.

3 and 7 I believe. The room where yiu first see the mechakoopas so you can get a cape so you can take out the sports players easier.

Ah gotcha. Have you done the no switch palaces challenge? I did it ages ago and it was pretty fun. I primarily recall Bowser's Castle room 1 being awful but there were other tough areas too.

Lethal Lava Land and Tiny Huge Island. The lava land I missed two enemy at the top of the volcano that you can't kill without kicking them into the lava below and it is next to impossible to obtain the coins in the process without dying. The other just has so many coins to get with so many enemies that are very difficult to kill. Very frustrating level.

Wasn't expecting Lethal Lava Land but your explanation makes sense. Tiny Huge Island I definitely understand. It's one of the easiest to get the 100 coin star in but grabbing every coin has to be nearly impossible.

I'm really good at rushing mario games, especially older ones. Super Mario 64 is one I haven't done since it's so damn long and it's the one Mario Game I am really bad at fighting bowser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back