Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

There were parts in Wind Waker that made me pull out my hair. Fetching items across the ocean when warp winds were not available, plus other needless, tedious tasks. Other than that, I enjoyed it until I stopped 3/4 of the way to the finish line. Can't remember why I stopped.

Bonus rant: Zelda has the most boring NPCs in all RPGs. None really stick out and talking to town folk in most Zelda games are quite a bore.

You likely gave up around the search for Triforce pieces in the water, a lot of people seem to call it quits there. It's really frustrating. As far as the NPC's go they got better in later games. Twilight Princess in particular has a great memorable NPC lineup.

You likely gave up around the search for Triforce pieces in the water, a lot of people seem to call it quits there. It's really frustrating. As far as the NPC's go they got better in later games. Twilight Princess in particular has a great memorable NPC lineup.

I might give Twilight Princess another go sometime. It is one of the nicest looking Zelda games.....

....even though it's too easy and the useless wolf transformation and helper character sucked as well. All these super helpers since N64 Zelda have been terrible. Skyward Sword has a bad one too, to the point where she basically tells you where everything is exactly at one point (In one of the dozen stupid, lazy fetch games).

There were parts in Wind Waker that made me pull out my hair. Fetching items across the ocean when warp winds were not available, plus other needless, tedious tasks. Other than that, I enjoyed it until I stopped 3/4 of the way to the finish line. Can't remember why I stopped.

Bonus rant: Zelda has the most boring NPCs in all RPGs. None really stick out and talking to town folk in most Zelda games are quite a bore.

I remember where most of them are (though in all honesty I just made a list of the islands I'd done stuff on and went to the ones I hadn't.) The trade side quest for a piece of heart is THE WORST though. Rivalled only by the stupid fucking pilot wings game in Twilight princess.

They do do that better now but it's a shame there aren't more recurring NPCs aside from Beedle.

The more I play wind Waker the more I realise what a massive Misstep skyward sword was though. It just doesn't stack up to the rest of the 3D games. Though most of that will be diminishing returns.

Super hyped for Breath of the Wild though. Looks like exactly the shot in the arm the series needed.

I might give Twilight Princess another go sometime. It is one of the nicest looking Zelda games.....

You certainly should.

....even though it's too easy and the useless wolf transformation and helper character sucked as well. All these super helpers since N64 Zelda have been terrible. Skyward Sword has a bad one too, to the point where she basically tells you where everything is exactly at one point (In one of the dozen stupid, lazy fetch games).

I wouldn't say it's too easy. Granted it's not as tough as the original or the Oracle series, the puzzles in the temples are actually a bit tough. Action-wise, yeah it's one of the easier ones. As for the helpers they do end up being more annoying than helpful. Midna's a heck of a lot better than Navi, she kinda set the standard for annoying sidekicks in Zelda. At least Midna's got the sarcastic personality and cool looking form later on in the game.

What's wrong with the wolf form? That's one of the coolest parts! I love that you get to howl Zelda's theme song, among other tunes.

I remember where most of them are (though in all honesty I just made a list of the islands I'd done stuff on and went to the ones I hadn't.) The trade side quest for a piece of heart is THE WORST though. Rivalled only by the stupid fucking pilot wings game in Twilight princess.

I don't remember the trading quest in Wind Waker being so bad. For me it was that game's equivalent of the Pilot Wings inspired mini game you mentioned that gave me the most trouble out of any minigame in the game. The one in Twilight Princess wasn't as bad if you hit the windmill with your boomerang to make the moving chest stay still. The squid battleship game in Wind Waker was pretty annoying too. The worst of all if we count required stuff is the Goron dancing in Oracle of Ages. I'm tonedeaf. I literally have no clue how I got past it 14 years ago, I had to use save states this time around. Freaking impossible to do in one sitting, and having it be required made it worse.

They do do that better now but it's a shame there aren't more recurring NPCs aside from Beedle.

Be careful what you wish for. They might bring back more stupid ones like Tingle. I'd want to see more appearances by cool NPC's like Hilda from Link Between Worlds though.

The more I play wind Waker the more I realise what a massive Misstep skyward sword was though. It just doesn't stack up to the rest of the 3D games. Though most of that will be diminishing returns.

When disregarding the motion controls, is it still a misstep though? How low of expectations should I have once I give it a second chance? I didn't get very far at all the first time through.

Super hyped for Breath of the Wild though. Looks like exactly the shot in the arm the series needed.

Yeah, looks awesome.

When is the next Zelda game coming out? Seems like they've been making it for years now.

At the moment, the ETA is at some point in 2017.

If there is one great thing Skyward Sword did, it was the final dungeon. It's difficult, it's beautifully designed and in essence one big puzzle.

There are other good parts to the game though, not all of it was bad.

You certainly should.

I wouldn't say it's too easy. Granted it's not as tough as the original or the Oracle series, the puzzles in the temples are actually a bit tough. Action-wise, yeah it's one of the easier ones. As for the helpers they do end up being more annoying than helpful. Midna's a heck of a lot better than Navi, she kinda set the standard for annoying sidekicks in Zelda. At least Midna's got the sarcastic personality and cool looking form later on in the game.

What's wrong with the wolf form? That's one of the coolest parts! I love that you get to howl Zelda's theme song, among other tunes.

I don't remember the trading quest in Wind Waker being so bad. For me it was that game's equivalent of the Pilot Wings inspired mini game you mentioned that gave me the most trouble out of any minigame in the game. The one in Twilight Princess wasn't as bad if you hit the windmill with your boomerang to make the moving chest stay still. The squid battleship game in Wind Waker was pretty annoying too. The worst of all if we count required stuff is the Goron dancing in Oracle of Ages. I'm tonedeaf. I literally have no clue how I got past it 14 years ago, I had to use save states this time around. Freaking impossible to do in one sitting, and having it be required made it worse.

Be careful what you wish for. They might bring back more stupid ones like Tingle. I'd want to see more appearances by cool NPC's like Hilda from Link Between Worlds though.

When disregarding the motion controls, is it still a misstep though? How low of expectations should I have once I give it a second chance? I didn't get very far at all the first time through.

Yeah, looks awesome.

At the moment, the ETA is at some point in 2017.

Keep your expectations low. None of puzzles are especially challenging and those that are quickly devolve to obscure esoteric bullshit that you'll spend hours solving on your own and almost as long with a guide.

If there is one great thing Skyward Sword did, it was the final dungeon. It's difficult, it's beautifully designed and in essence one big puzzle.

There are other good parts to the game though, not all of it was bad.

There are good bits but going over each area twice; the sheer volume of collectables and the fact that most of it is irrelevant even to 100% completion (all items, full upgrades) is just so ludicrously irritating to get and feels like a big fat wad of padding.

Keep your expectations low. None of puzzles are especially challenging and those that are quickly devolve to obscure esoteric bullshit that you'll spend hours solving on your own and almost as long with a guide.

There are good bits but going over each area twice; the sheer volume of collectables and the fact that most of it is irrelevant even to 100% completion (all items, full upgrades) is just so ludicrously irritating to get and feels like a big fat wad of padding.

Don't get me wrong, the game has more bad parts than good. The worst are the dozen fetch mini games that is extraordinarily repetitive and annoying. (Especially if the ghost catches you when stepping in his light cone ).

The desert area was beautiful. But it didn't need to be 50% of the entire game. Getting through the desert almost made me quit because of how sick I was of the level by the end of it.

The section where you have to get 500 or so different colored musical notes, then your helper decides to show you where they all are, double negative.

The great ship level ruined by a stupidly designed final boss that looks like something from The Simpson's. And the crazy thrashing of the controller to take him down.

Controls were often times wonky and at the worst times.

The giant walking Pac Man boss that you have to keep fighting back is another stupid looking boss that you fight four or five effing times.

Plus most of the NPCs were forgettable at best, like usual.

You should add ...

Not Bad Wallace Lancaster to Remarkable Mark Keaton's Theronism as a play on the word - Remarkable-

Wallace The Bard is pretty good at cards on the side, I hear. :guitar:

Is Deis Bluesnake Theronism of Xaitlyn Serpiente? :suspic:

Yep. It's a tribute to Deis from Breath Of Fire, a sorceress who is part snake. To go along with the whole snake theme Xaitlyn has going on.

There's one more. Anyone?

Decided to bring back another old signature banner for a bit. I had been using the other one for a really long time without change.

Fantastic Roulette Round RP. But why did Theron not go downstairs to the guy who speaks backwards? Vowels replaced by "o" and Zelda references were really funny. Looking forward to future RPs.

Fantastic Roulette Round RP. But why did Theron not go downstairs to the guy who speaks backwards? Vowels replaced by "o" and Zelda references were really funny. Looking forward to future RPs.

Glad you liked it. He didn't go downstairs to talk to sdrawkcaB because I already had a lot of content and didn't want it to be much longer. Plus I may use that content again another time. Kayak and Civic were mentioned in a previous RP but never showed up until this one, for example.

Hey look, my sig banner evolved. Got bored and decided to add the Universal Championship's red strap design to my custom World Championship.

Actually I thought the universal championship belt was cool. It was all red and it felt like blood shred which relates so much to the "Demon King" character. I really had no complain over that. It looks cool on your SIG too.

Actually I thought the universal championship belt was cool. It was all red and it felt like blood shred which relates so much to the "Demon King" character. I really had no complain over that. It looks cool on your SIG too.

Thanks. Yeah I love the use of the red strap. The blue on the new Smackdown tag team titles looks cool too. Heck, I like all the title designs now in use and that Smackdown has a full title tier again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back