Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

I've beaten Kefka first form and escaped in the airship that was attacked while escaping. I really haven't advanced much since I've had free reign with the airship. Unsure where to go. Tried to enter a base that was guarded by this robotic gun thing but it's indestructible. Only just found my airship again after getting lost leaving it behind with my white water adventure quest. :banghead:

Is this guy the "robotic gun thing"?

Image847.gif

He's one of the bosses in the final tower of the second world but you run into him a couple of times in the first world (he's invincible at that point in time) in places where you're not supposed to be able to go. The base you ran into him at is likely Vector the imperial capital. You won't be able to get back inside.

When you get on the airship does it ask you if you wish to look for a floating continent? If it asks you that when you take the wheel, then I know exactly where you are. If not, I can figure it out by asking more questions.

Zelda or Midna. Which poster goes on your wall?

Neither. Sailor Moon and and the Sailor Scouts are the only girls on the wall at the moment. I do have a wall scroll of a stained glass window from Wind Waker though. While both are awesome in their own right, if I had to pick it'd be Princess Zelda.

Neither. Sailor Moon and and the Sailor Scouts are the only girls on the wall at the moment. I do have a wall scroll of a stained glass window from Wind Waker though. While both are awesome in their own right, if I had to pick it'd be Princess Zelda.

I'm thinking about buying Twilight Princess for the Wii, heard it was better than Skyward Sword.

I might buy the dub of SM Crystal once it finishes. I haven't made up my mind.

I'm thinking about buying Twilight Princess for the Wii, heard it was better than Skyward Sword.

Are we talking the remake for Wii U? Then, yes. No Zelda fan should miss out on it if they never played the original. If we're talking the one on the classic Wii, then no. The Gamecube version and Wii U remake have better controls. I never finished Skyward Sword so I cannot fairly rank that title although Twilight Princess rounds out my top tier coming in 3rd best of the series losing only to Link to the Past (1st) and Ocarina of Time (2nd).

Are we talking the remake for Wii U? Then, yes. No Zelda fan should miss out on it if they never played the original. If we're talking the one on the classic Wii, then no. The Gamecube version and Wii U remake have better controls. I never finished Skyward Sword so I cannot fairly rank that title although Twilight Princess rounds out my top tier coming in 3rd best of the series losing only to Link to the Past (1st) and Ocarina of Time (2nd).

I was referring to the Wii classic. Speaking of remakes I have Resident Evil 4 and Goldeneye and both are great.

I was referring to the Wii classic. Speaking of remakes I have Resident Evil 4 and Goldeneye and both are great.

If that's the only version you have access to, go for it. Get the Wii U one if you can, or even the Gamecube one if possible.

Never played the Goldeneye remake, but I wanted to. How was it compared to the original?

If that's the only version you have access to, go for it. Get the Wii U one if you can, or even the Gamecube one if possible.

Never played the Goldeneye remake, but I wanted to. How was it compared to the original?

It's better. And it expands multiplayer mode too. I'd recommend it. I haven't completed it so I can't give a full review.

That being said I never beat the original on hard mode either.

It's better. And it expands multiplayer mode too. I'd recommend it. I haven't completed it so I can't give a full review.

That being said I never beat the original on hard mode either.

Better than the greatest shooter video game ever made? Is that even possible? I do have to check that out then. What changed compared to the original?

I beat the original on hard. Even managed to get through a couple of missions on 007 Mode back in the day. The Aztec level on 00 Agent was bad enough. In 007 Mode it's literally impossible.

I had issues with Twilight Princess. As beautiful as the game is, they dumb it down way too much. IMO it's the best looking Zelda of the series but I just HATED the story as much as HATING your sidekick. Also, wolf mode was a complete waste of a cool idea. Lastly, it's the easiest of the series because of how much the game holds your hand throughout. It's been a problem since the incredible game Nintendo 64 came out with when that annoying "Hey!" Fairy rode on Links shoulder.

Skyward Sword has the worst hand holding helper of the series.

I'm going to have to use your handy walk through, I'm completely lost on where to go next.

I've beaten Kefka first form and escaped in the airship that was attacked while escaping. I really haven't advanced much since I've had free reign with the airship. Unsure where to go. Tried to enter a base that was guarded by this robotic gun thing but it's indestructible. Only just found my airship again after getting lost leaving it behind with my white water adventure quest. :banghead:

No it doesn't ask me anything. I can just fly anywhere but I don't have a clue where I'm supposed to go next.

I thought about it and it sounds like you're about to go to The Sealed Gate. The fact that you have the airship but are not tasked with finding The Floating Continent yet is what gives that impression. Also....

Image847.gif

If you're running into this guy at the entrance of Vector, you're past the Magitek Facility. So, go to Narshe and speak with the elder. Then go to the cave to the Sealed Gate which is on the same island as Vector in the east. Bring Terra.

That has to be where you are. There's only two instances in world one where you have the airship and free access to the world.

Wait, there was a Goldeneye remake that was good?

I have the WiiU version of Twilight Princess but haven't finished yet. I actually really like Midna. I enjoy her sarcasm and her character arc is pretty cool. It's also just a good looking character. She is on my shortlist of potential tattoos for when I become more wealthy.

Great poster and very active on the forum.

Oh, you meant the Zelda fairy. Yeah easily one of the top candidates for most annoying video game character ever.

Wait, there was a Goldeneye remake that was good?

I have the WiiU version of Twilight Princess but haven't finished yet. I actually really like Midna. I enjoy her sarcasm and her character arc is pretty cool. It's also just a good looking character. She is on my shortlist of potential tattoos for when I become more wealthy.

It's amazing. I haven't beaten the Wii U version yet either. I'm aiming for 100% completion this time around when I get back into it again soon. It's next on my list alongside finishing up FF4 The After Years and the PC version of FF6.

Already halfway into the PC version of FF6 and having a blast obliterating everything. The level bump theory in the first world still holds true in this version like it did on the SNES and GBA. The levels of Locke and Celes at the Magitek Facility determine how big of a level bump the rest of the party who stayed behind in Narshe might receive upon return alongside Terra. Same then goes for Terra and Locke's levels during the Thamasa quest, to determine how big of a level bump the group remaining in the empire along with Celes gets upon return. Gau gained 40 levels due to this and I never used him a single time other than the Serpent Trench during Sabin's Scenario at the beginning.

Locke's at level 50 and I'm only at the Floating Continent. Terra and Celes just learned Firaga and Blizzaga, respectively by leveling. Normally most people don't get those spells until you get the Tritoch esper (I'm not calling him "Valigarmanda" that's a stupid re-translation) in the second world. Both Terra and Celes have been getting Magic stat boosts upon leveling too, so I'm one-shotting and destroying just about every monster. The Floating Continent's gonna be real fun thanks to Firaga and Blizzaga.

Terra%20-%20Cast.gif
Celes%20-%20Cast.gif

Defeated Phunbaba in FF6 on the PC without even doing anything. He's weak to Poison so I gave Sabin a Black Belt Relic, a Genji Glove, and two Poison Claws. Phunbaba attacks Sabin in the opening round of the boss battle. Sabin auto-counters due to the Black Belt Relic which one-shotted the boss. I told my DM about this victory who proceeded to get upset because he had really struggled against that boss. Ha!

Defeated Phunbaba in FF6 on the PC without even doing anything. He's weak to Poison so I gave Sabin a Black Belt Relic, a Genji Glove, and two Poison Claws. Phunbaba attacks Sabin in the opening round of the boss battle. Sabin auto-counters due to the Black Belt Relic which one-shotted the boss. I told my DM about this victory who proceeded to get upset because he had really struggled against that boss. Ha!

After playing Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4 the last couple of days it's going to be hard to pick up FF6 again. I traded in Final Fantasy Type 0, I ended up having zero interest in playing it, even though it wasn't that bad. I wasn't interested in the characters like I have been in previous FF entries. There's no characters in Type 0 that stand out, plus the voice acting is laughably bad.

But I'll definitely return to FF when 15 comes out.

After playing Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4 the last couple of days it's going to be hard to pick up FF6 again. I traded in Final Fantasy Type 0, I ended up having zero interest in playing it, even though it wasn't that bad. I wasn't interested in the characters like I have been in previous FF entries. There's no characters in Type 0 that stand out, plus the voice acting is laughably bad.

But I'll definitely return to FF when 15 comes out.

Did you ever play Secret Of Mana? I suddenly got the urge to play that one again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back