Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

Yeah, I did save Shadow. He's totally worth it thanks to your walkthrough. One of my favorites. Now that I have lots of GP, I'd use the Coin Toss. In the first world, I didn't use it at all. Game's been an enjoyable ride so far. Another reason I like Gau: I climbed up the Kefka's Tower (is that the one we can use only magic on?) with no preparation. I had him paired with some Bolt friendly esper. The first enemies I encountered were casting Bolt, Bolt 2 etc. Everyone died. Gau kept healing up. He saved me from getting annihilated when I hadn't saved tons of progress. I quickly backtracked and used a tent lol.

Yeah, I did save Shadow. He's totally worth it thanks to your walkthrough. One of my favorites. Now that I have lots of GP, I'd use the Coin Toss. In the first world, I didn't use it at all. Game's been an enjoyable ride so far. Another reason I like Gau: I climbed up the Kefka's Tower (is that the one we can use only magic on?) with no preparation. I had him paired with some Bolt friendly esper. The first enemies I encountered were casting Bolt, Bolt 2 etc. Everyone died. Gau kept healing up. He saved me from getting annihilated when I hadn't saved tons of progress. I quickly backtracked and used a tent lol.

If you were restricted to only Magic then that was the Fanatics Tower. That thunder absorption had nothing to do with any thunder espers (which would have to be Ramuh), you likely had him equipped with a Thunder Shield. If you want to talk elemental absorption then just wait until Celes or Terra get to equip the Minerva Buster. Gau's really not much of a caster so he's not recommended at all for the Fanatics Tower. You'll want to bring the 3 girls and Mog (equipped with Moogle Charm) for an easier time, or if you do want the random encounters Shadow makes an ok caster so you can bring him since you like him.... but you definitely want to teach the three girls the full spellbook as they are the best casters.

I like Celes and Terra. They're so damn good at casting spells. If Relm is recommended, I'd make her learn some spells. I just skip using her most of the time.

EDIT: Edgar has been the most balanced character for me so far. He's been an awesome warrior and a very good caster.

I like Celes and Terra. They're so damn good at casting spells. If Relm is recommended, I'd make her learn some spells. I just skip using her most of the time.

EDIT: Edgar has been the most balanced character for me so far. He's been an awesome warrior and a very good caster.

Relm has the best magic stat, so she's great if you teach her spells. She's useless if you don't. While Edgar's the best fighter type, he's actually one of the worst casters. Give him a spear and some Dragoon Boots then he won't ever need to cast anything, he's best as a Dragoon! There's espers that boost your magic stat, so he may have gained a few levels with those equipped if he's been casting well for you. He's 100% suited for being a Dragoon or a traditional fighter, not a caster.

From best to worst in terms of casting, it goes a little something like this:

Relm
Terra (best if you count Morph)
Celes
Strago
Mog
Shadow
Setzer
Locke
Gau
Gogo
Edgar
Sabin
Cyan
Umaro

Oddly enough, Umaro's magic stat is higher than Mog's, but he has no access to the main spellbook and his only magical ability is the Snowstorm that the Blizzard Orb gives him.

There's a couple in Salem. I'm carless at the moment though.

How far is that from you? Maybe one of those guys could give you a ride out there. If it's at someone's residence maybe you could even crash there for the night after the gaming ends until someone can give you a ride back. There's ways around it if you really wanted to play.

I don't know if you use a tablet or use Google Play for anything but I came across something in Google Play that I think would interest you. There's an app called D&D PRO. You can generate, maps, dungeons, caverns and junk. I thought it was a game but it looks more like something a Dungeon Master would use playing D&D with people.

So my wife's party fought a blue dragon this week.

They absolutely decimated it; but it did leave me with an historic moment. On 1 HP the dragon decided to burrow underground. My wife (playing the rogue) decided she was going to try to stab it whilst it was underground.

"I stab the ground!" She yelled, as she leapt in the air sword tip pointing downwards. Thrusting her faithful blade FlameTongue deep into the sodden earth, with a force and finesse only those with immense skill with a blade can achieve. So powerful was her strike into the ground that she buried it to the hilt. It took the Fighter (and the cleric) to work together to pull the blade out.

They absolutely decimated it; but it did leave me with an historic moment. On 1 HP the dragon decided to burrow underground. My wife (playing the rogue) decided she was going to try to stab it whilst it was underground.

"I stab the ground!" She yelled, as she leapt in the air sword tip pointing downwards. Thrusting her faithful blade FlameTongue deep into the sodden earth, with a force and finesse only those with immense skill with a blade can achieve. So powerful was her strike into the ground that she buried it to the hilt. It took the Fighter (and the cleric) to work together to pull the blade out.

Does she enjoy playing?

I don't know if you use a tablet or use Google Play for anything but I came across something in Google Play that I think would interest you. There's an app called D&D PRO. You can generate, maps, dungeons, caverns and junk. I thought it was a game but it looks more like something a Dungeon Master would use playing D&D with people.

I don't have a tablet and am unfamiliar with Google Play but that sounds cool.

Marry, fuck, kill

Hilary Clinton, Awesome Kong, Betty White.

Marry, Betty White. She won't be around too much longer and I could make money.

Kill Awesome Kong, because the other options are a big no on that beast.

Fuck Hilary Clinton - The most sensible of the three. Kong would probably kill me or permanently damage my goods, Betty White.. I'm getting sick to my stomach now.

I'm disappointed. I thought this story was going to end with your wife literally plunging a sword through your floorboards.

Yes, I suppose. She's not one for lots of role playing but she loves killing stuff with a story excuse

Makes sense. Who isn't entertained by killing fake monsters for purposes of an epic story? It's part of what makes RPG's (whether electronic or dice and paper) so great.

I'm disappointed. I thought this story was going to end with your wife literally plunging a sword through your floorboards.

That's getting into LARP'ing territory and I won't go there. Granted I'm admittedly more unique than most, but LARP'ing is where I draw the line.

EDIT: Also, congrats on getting sig quoted by me. I don't think I have ever had one the entire time I've had an account here.

Here it is:

13335653_514644748660172_8471613596416831776_n.jpg

Sorry for spelling mistake. :(

It's pretty cool other than the typo. I probably won't be using it but I'll rep you for it later!

Finally diving back into FF6 for a run in its PC version and working my way back up to the end to include analysis on the Dragon's Den sidequest in my walkthrough. I already shared my love of the beautiful new graphical update.... I noticed Cyan doesn't suck now. His Bushido (formerly SwdTech) no longer forces you to wait while it charges up. Sabin did a Blitz and Shadow threw a Shuriken in the time it took to charge up a Bushido that Cyan used to finish off a group of monsters. On a related note....

2jac75s.jpg

Of course I had to go and make this image in the process. Everyone knows Sabin was the real founding father of Suplex City.

Now that class is winding down I expect to have the walkthrough bumped soon.

So Banon still can't ride a chocobo.

In the SNES version the game glitches if you try to ride a chocobo with Banon as the front man of the party due to the developers being forgetting to program a chocobo riding sprite for Banon there not being a sprite in the game data for Banon riding a chocobo. The game would glitch to where Banon turned into a brown version of Terra's Morph sprite riding the chocobo and then when you disembark he turns back into Banon. Harmless, but a glitch nonetheless.

In the PC version if you try to ride a chocobo during the event Banon is playable and have him as the front man, you see Terra's chocobo riding sprite due to the developers being too lazy at this point to make a chocobo riding sprite for Banon there still not being a sprite in the system for Banon riding the chocobos. At least they fixed the glitch.

I also found a typo. The soldier at Mt Kolts during Locke's scenario says "This town's under imperial occupation". Sir, this is a mountain. Not a town. Weirdest looking town I've ever seen, especially with all those mammoths and other monsters lurking around.

I didn't play the PC version as most of the reviews were negative. I may pick it up if it doesn't suck.

Oh and how much has Cyan jumped off your character ranking list?

I didn't play the PC version as most of the reviews were negative. I may pick it up if it doesn't suck.

Oh and how much has Cyan jumped off your character ranking list?

It most certainly does not suck. The negative reviews might be from the mobile version, the PC version was created as a port of that. Speaking as someone who has played every version of that game (including a run with the Japanese SNES version once, and beaten it) I will say it's amazing. The PC version is the best version.

Cyan jumped up enough to replace Sabin in my group of four in the Zozo quest when they go searching for Terra.... And he will likely be going to the empire too. My lineup is Celes, Edgar, Cyan, and Locke. Normally Sabin is the 4th there, but Bushido is now better than Blitz (disregarding Bum Rush), arguably.

Where did you leave off last?

I've beaten Kefka first form and escaped in the airship that was attacked while escaping. I really haven't advanced much since I've had free reign with the airship. Unsure where to go. Tried to enter a base that was guarded by this robotic gun thing but it's indestructible. Only just found my airship again after getting lost leaving it behind with my white water adventure quest. :banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back