Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

Got to Ultros in the Opera House and took him down in THREE hits. Pummel plus another hit then the old man Esper attack that took over a thousand hit points off of him. Electricity really hurts him. Now I took the airship across and I'm trying to figure out how to get past the base that you get kicked out of if you encounter any of the soldiers.

Got to Ultros in the Opera House and took him down in THREE hits. Pummel plus another hit then the old man Esper attack that took over a thousand hit points off of him. Electricity really hurts him. Now I took the airship across and I'm trying to figure out how to get past the base that you get kicked out of if you encounter any of the soldiers.

You can't until Terra is back. Visit the three towns on the continent and then head for the Vector in the middle. Make sure to buy Boomerangs for Locke and start learning spells.

I know this isn't a place to ask, but can you give my RP a feedback if you've some time to spare? Being this as Gold Rush, I really would appreciate it much.

Finishing up the written portion of the main part of the FF6 walkthrough tonight and looking to post that this weekend. I'm saving the Dragon's Den for later though. I'm wanting to jump into FF5 to start its walkthrough, not to mention the fact that I've been playing FF4 The After Years (which is awesome!) and the Twilight Princess remake.

Vee, planning to do your feedback tomorrow. If you could get me again in return I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. To address some of your comments....

It is peculiar that you didn’t rant or rage out after your humiliating defeat at the hands of Garth Black.

Yeah, I perhaps could have gone into more detail about the loss to Garth. I did not for two reasons. Theron's been coined as our Cena by a number of people. Whining about a loss isn't really the best route for this type of face. When having had Theron rant about losses in the past I was advised of this, that maybe there's better ways to address it. Secondly, his mind was on Comic Con so even though he was attending to get fan perspectives on himself, he still was highly anticipating having fun with his friends at the con. When disregarding the con, I would need to find some kind of medium between shrugging off a loss (which I was not trying to portray) and whining about it.

Both Abel Hunnicutt and Logan McCallistar Cosplays justified their points why they will win. Theron himself had justified why he will. The part which I enjoyed the most is Logan’s accent. It was fun to read when someone else uses it!

Thanks! I thought it would be a fun touch to have the Logan Cosplayer acting in-character when he spoke, so glad someone agreed. The Abel Cosplayer was a little more difficult to write since he was not meant to be speaking in-character and just the typical rude fan who always favors heels.

Now it’s time to discuss about the negative(s). It probably is two things that bothered me. Theron’s girlfriend Kirlah seemed to be grumpier than usual which was uncharacteristic. She has her reasons to be grumpy as no one is caring much about her magic “thingy” but it still felt tad odd.

Kirilah would Holy Smite you for calling her meeting a "thingy". I see what you did there. :) More on her attitude in a moment....

And the opening scene itself looked longer than it used to. It makes a bit of boring start to a fun RP.

Is there something you would have done differently when writing it? I wanted to continue to build toward the World Magic Conference each round for a bit, until the event itself. It's something I write about once each year. It played a role in my first Kingdom Come cycle two years back (wish I had saved it for KC itself), and Kirilah's graduation last year also took place during World Magic. The opening in the RP was intended to build toward something that happens in a bigger RP and in shorter form may have come off irrelevant.

I thoroughly enjoyed your RP from start to finish. I loved the beginning with everyone poking fun at Kirlah and what she's got going on. To piggyback on something Vee said in that her grumpiness seemed out of character I would be annoyed and grumpy to if people were making fun of something I thought was important.

You're absolutely right, from the in-character standpoint. I also wanted to have her show some more frustration this round to make things a little more realistic. There is no such thing as a perfect girlfriend, let alone a perfect relationship. Couples argue. So, Kirilah coming off grouchier than usual was to show that even the video game world's "perfect couple" archetype (Heroic male swordsman and Attractive religious female) still have disagreements. World Magic means a lot more to Kirilah than it does to Theron, and as I had said earlier it's setting up something I wanted to write about later.

Now on to the Con. This was my favorite part. While I was a bit confused as to why people would be Cosplaying Logan & Abel at a ComiCon type deal you made it work. I particularly like how you gave the 2 Cosplayers a bit of the character of the men they were dressed up as.

People cosplay all sorts of silly things. Pro wrestlers may be less known than the anime characters and video game heroes, but people come to real con's dressed up like wrestlers. It just isn't as common. The cosplayers were fun to write and I already had the idea going into the round. It getting booked as a triple threat just happened to make it fit all the better!

All in all another one hit out of the park. Between you & Funkay it's an even match.

Glad you both liked it. FunKay's was indeed good as well. Looking forward to the match and what the PPV round holds for Theron. I have a couple of ideas ready depending on what the next match is and (like Kirilah's graduation last year lol) it determines when the legitimate day of the World Magic Conference is. It's coming soon that's all I can say for now. I save that RP for a big one each year.

Thanks for your feedback as well. I would too want to discuss some of the points you've mentioned. The typo "Boyfriend" is that, I have that bad habit of including Capital letter to start specific words when I feel it's more important.

Talking about the drawing of Matt Tastic, I started drawing it and had to show it to my mum a couple of times to make sure it really looked like in the pic. Because in some angle it looked like Kevin Owens :p I thought about having mental conversation between the three while drawing, but I didn't want to overuse or overexpose Vee alias and Vimal because, if I win this round, their conversation will become so much essence in the Semi-finals and Finals.

About the cricket part, it was based on true events. In face, the Captain's post match presentation was rephrased from the original that's why I wrapped them inside the quote. I started writing the RP exactly when the Game started and England really played poorly :( I decided to turn off the TV; when I woke up I was really surprised with the result that England had won! I decided to use that in my RP ;) I thought adding something that normally people don't use will make my RP strong which motivated me to use Cricket.

Killjoy has written a really nice RP. He left some questions for me to answer which probably will provoke me in the future. Honestly speaking, I have plans for the Semi-Final and the Final and I really don't have a plan to do if I lose. I should make an alternative quickly.

Again, Thanks for the feedback.

Honestly speaking, I have plans for the Semi-Final and the Final and I really don't have a plan to do if I lose. I should make an alternative quickly.

That's a good idea. Having some sort of focal point to write about whether you won or lost is best. Otherwise you risk a bad case of writer's block at the worst possible time, a PPV round. :p

On another note to everyone.... FF6 walkthrough is all done for the main game. After Wrestlemania I'll start the portion on the Dragon's Den epilogue quest in the PC version, which has a stunning graphical upgrade (much like the facelift FF5 got, in the image I shared a few posts back).

I plan my RPs in a way that they work no matter which way my match goes. I just change a few key points is all.

Less than one week away and while I am more excited now than I was a few weeks back, I'm still concerned about Wrestlemania. Attending will be fun for the experience of being there in person at an event for the first time in 6 years, however I do not know how it can be salvaged. The divas title match, Lesnar VS Ambrose, and AJ VS Jericho are the only matches I'm legitimately looking forward to. Shane VS Taker is a disaster waiting to happen.... Hopefully they are able to surprise us with an awesome show like last year.

NXT Dallas my excitement's through the roof though!

Should I bring a Theron sign or a D20 sign of some sorts? ;)

Final predictions for the shows (not who I want to win but who I think will win).... And for added fun, the order I predict the matches take place in!

NXT Takeover Dallas

The Revival VS American Alpha [NXT Tag Team Championship]

Austin Aries VS Baron Corbin

Apollo Crews VS Elias Samson

Sami Zayn VS Shinsuke Nakamura

Bayley VS Asuka [NXT Women's Championship]

Finn Balor VS Samoa Joe [NXT Championship]

Wrestlemania 32

Kalisto VS Ryback [US Championship]

The Total Divas VS Bad & Blonde

The Usos VS The Dudley Boyz

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal winner = Kane

The New Day VS The League of Nations

Kevin Owens VS Sami Zayn VS Dolph Ziggler VS Zack Ryder VS Sin Cara VS The Miz VS Stardust [Intercontinental Championship]

AJ Styles VS Chris Jericho

Dean Ambrose VS Brock Lesnar

Shane McMahon VS The Undertaker

Charlotte VS Becky Lynch VS Sasha Banks [Divas Championship]

Triple H VS Roman Reigns [World Heavyweight Championship]

Put this on your sign - Reverse Throw Village - Then we will know it's you with a - Suplex City- Theronism. :)

Looks like I might not be able to bring a sign, finances were lower than expected. Being able to get merchandise is more important than getting stuff for making a sign. Know that your Reverse Throw Village idea definitely inspired something that will get used for something here in the fed though.

I'll throw out some predictions myself.

WRESTLEMANIA 32 ----

RYBACK vs Kalisto - New U.S Champion - I can see a dominant program for a run in Ryback's future.

The Uso's vs The Dudley Boyz - Dirty tactics and such for the win.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal -- Somebody from NXT --

The New Day vs LON - Just because...New Day Rocks.

Kevin Owens wins his multi ladder match. Nobody else involved in the match is as good as Kevin Owens. Fight Owens Fight!

A.J Styles vs Y2J - I'm a fan of both and expect another great contest.

Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar - I'm not Dean's biggest fan but I'm rooting for him in this match.

Shane McMahon vs The Undertaker - I'm not falling for all the smoke and mirrors, Taker has to win against this non-wrestler Shane-O-Mac.

Charlotte vs Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks - The match that might steal the whole show, I want Charlotte to win but it looks like a Sasha Banks victory.

Triple H vs Roman Reigns - Save all the attacks and shenanigans until after Roman wins the belt. Knowing Triple H, he'll make Roman look like gold in this match, Triple H is one of the best grudge match performers the WWE has, example...look at his last few matches... vs Danial Bryan, Vs Dean Ambrose, vs Dolph Ziggler, vs Sting. All good grudge matches..with the exception of The Sting match that had shenanigans all over it, but fun shenanigans all the same.

Final verdict...

WWE creative and Vince McMahon must be having nightmares about the rockiest road to Wrestlemania I've ever seen. So many injuries and star power down the drain before Wrestlemania. I expect more than a few matches are going to have some surprises and interference involved....

Surprises....Andre the Giant Battle Royal

Interference....(surprises) Shane vs Taker - Triple H vs Roman -

WWE creative and Vince McMahon must be having nightmares about the rockiest road to Wrestlemania I've ever seen. So many injuries and star power down the drain before Wrestlemania. I expect more than a few matches are going to have some surprises and interference involved....

Surprises....Andre the Giant Battle Royal

Interference....(surprises) Shane vs Taker - Triple H vs Roman -

As far as Shane VS Taker is concerned I just keep reminding myself.... It's still Taker. Hoping for Shane to somehow within kayfabe not be able to compete then announce Cena as a replacement. I heard he got cleared to compete....

New Theronism coming this round.... And no, I'm not talking about my partner for the round. I think you guys will like this one. The question is, whoever could it be....?

How did you enjoy Wrestlemania live? It was pretty great from my house, I bet the atmosphere was pretty awesome in that kind of crowd. I didn't see any Theron signs or anything. Did you have a sign ?

How did you enjoy Wrestlemania live? It was pretty great from my house, I bet the atmosphere was pretty awesome in that kind of crowd. I didn't see any Theron signs or anything. Did you have a sign ?

I loved it. The crowd atmosphere at both shows made it a blast to attend. It was much more fun than the last Wrestlemania that I attended as well as the Summerslam I have attended a while back. NXT topped Wrestlemania in nearly every capacity. I'll have to watch it again on the network, so that my reviews and comments aren't biased. Sometime in the next week or two I'll get a "NXT and Wrestlemania weekend live experience" post up. Between the RP and stuff that came up for class this week will be chaotically busy, so give me about two weeks to get that out.

I did not have a sign. I had a financial issue come up. Merchandise took priority over getting stuff to make the sign I had in mind. I got shirts with the card for both Takeover and Wrestlemania as well as programs for both, a collectible drinking cup, a laniard, and a poster of the Wrestlemania card. This trip was the highlight of the year so far, I'll never forget it. And to think I almost sold those tickets last month....!

I loved it. The crowd atmosphere at both shows made it a blast to attend. It was much more fun than the last Wrestlemania that I attended as well as the Summerslam I have attended a while back. NXT topped Wrestlemania in nearly every capacity. I'll have to watch it again on the network, so that my reviews and comments aren't biased. Sometime in the next week or two I'll get a "NXT and Wrestlemania weekend live experience" post up. Between the RP and stuff that came up for class this week will be chaotically busy, so give me about two weeks to get that out.

I did not have a sign. I had a financial issue come up. Merchandise took priority over getting stuff to make the sign I had in mind. I got shirts with the card for both Takeover and Wrestlemania as well as programs for both, a collectible drinking cup, a laniard, and a poster of the Wrestlemania card. This trip was the highlight of the year so far, I'll never forget it. And to think I almost sold those tickets last month....!

On TV NXT was definitely the better event. For a start I didn't fall asleep watching it. Second I'm pretty sure Zayn vs Nakamura is going to be MOTY and the matches after didn't disappoint. Raw tonight is going to be crazy.

Also, I almost killed a level 9 party with a CR6 Chimera. It just wrecked them. They were paired up for the fire breath. Cleric and Sorcerer both failed DEX saves and took 42 damage from 7d8. Fighter and Rogue took 19 and 9 respectively. By the end of the fight they were all in the single digits. Then they opened a door and the fighter died under a couple of tons of rubble. One raise dead later and they continued pushing into the dungeon.

After three combat encounters and two avoided combat encounters the party finished an adventuring day with no hit dice left. No spells left and one of them reduced to a max HP of 7 thanks to a wraith. They haven't met the final boss yet...

On TV NXT was definitely the better event. For a start I didn't fall asleep watching it. Second I'm pretty sure Zayn vs Nakamura is going to be MOTY and the matches after didn't disappoint. Raw tonight is going to be crazy.

Also, I almost killed a level 9 party with a CR6 Chimera. It just wrecked them. They were paired up for the fire breath. Cleric and Sorcerer both failed DEX saves and took 42 damage from 7d8. Fighter and Rogue took 19 and 9 respectively. By the end of the fight they were all in the single digits. Then they opened a door and the fighter died under a couple of tons of rubble. One raise dead later and they continued pushing into the dungeon.

After three combat encounters and two avoided combat encounters the party finished an adventuring day with no hit dice left. No spells left and one of them reduced to a max HP of 7 thanks to a wraith. They haven't met the final boss yet...

Sami VS Nakamura was the best indeed. The guy sitting next to me at Wrestlemania last night called it NXT's counterpart to Taker VS Michaels. I agreed with him, the "Fight Forever" chant speaks for itself. Fantastic match on one of their best cards. I watched it on the Network (won't have time for Wrestlemania for several days) and still thought it was awesome.

Regarding your D&D session.... Sounds like it was intense but fun. The party's handlers must have hated you by the end of the night lol.... Happens in my 3.5 group a lot but we're always back on good terms and laughing it off within a day or two after near-death battle sessions.

Sami VS Nakamura was the best indeed. The guy sitting next to me at Wrestlemania last night called it NXT's counterpart to Taker VS Michaels. I agreed with him, the "Fight Forever" chant speaks for itself. Fantastic match on one of their best cards. I watched it on the Network (won't have time for Wrestlemania for several days) and still thought it was awesome.

Regarding your D&D session.... Sounds like it was intense but fun. The party's handlers must have hated you by the end of the night lol.... Happens in my 3.5 group a lot but we're always back on good terms and laughing it off within a day or two after near-death battle sessions.

They had a great time. For a few sessions in a row they've had it easy; I'm very much a believer in the peaks and troughs of intensity with each peak higher than the last and the troughs equally escalating. Tension and release y'know. They're about half way through the dungeon but the other half is simpler and easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back