Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

The ps4 is the much better console this go round. Last cycle the 360 was superior, and Nintendo has been crap for so long they don't count anymore

PS4 is the cause of all my hate.

Stupid thing turns on by itself and ejects the disc inside the console. Had it since the launch and it's only over the last six months that it's been shitting itself.

I don't play many games but when I do I'd rather not have the disc suddenly be ejected.

What have you got against Sony? Jealous of the games or are you one of those "I don't like the controller so therefore the entire system sucks" kind of guys?

No if I was an "I hate the controller so I hate the whole system" guy then I would hate the Wii. My main problem is I simply do not see what the PS3 or PS4 offered that the 360 and XBox One didn't.

Basically they get pissy whenever someone has "better" stats than them. Last campaign they made me re roll my stats 3 times just so I "wouldn't be overpowered" with my +5 +4 +2 and 3 +1s. I was on a roll that day though and that last spread was the lowest I rolled that day so they ended up forcing me to compromise and pick a +1 to change to -1. Two of them were almost refusing to play because of it even though if you were to total my rolls it was only a little bit better than theirs. These are 21 year olds.

D&D handlers aren't exactly known for their maturity. We have whiners in my group too. Older than 21.

Sorry Dagger but I'm a Sony fan and always will be.

And I've tried every console

I am that way about Nintendo so I understand.

The ps4 is the much better console this go round. Last cycle the 360 was superior, and Nintendo has been crap for so long they don't count anymore

What do you like best about the PS4?

PS4 is the cause of all my hate.

Stupid thing turns on by itself and ejects the disc inside the console. Had it since the launch and it's only over the last six months that it's been shitting itself.

I don't play many games but when I do I'd rather not have the disc suddenly be ejected.

Weird. I have never had anything like that happen before. Closest incident I've seen was when a classmate's Rumble Pack rumbled itself right out of the controller. Looked like a legit ejection.

For me the PS3 exclusives interest me more than the Xbox exclusives. And I do in fact hate the giant clunky Xbox controller.

Then there's the fond memories of watching my dad play the original Playstation and the PS2.

So long(ish) story short what the Playstation brand offers that Xbox doesn't is childhood memories.

*sigh* milenkooooooooooo

You had three 360s?!? Red ring of death or did you just use them as DVD players because if it's the latter then the classic ps2 in every TV room is surely the better option!

Kept selling them at different times. Pick up a cheap one, sell it again. Didn't have three at once. Might pick up a PS4 for my house sometime. The Xbox One I keep exclusively at my parents when I stay there on the weekends. It's a great machine despite some annoying install times and update times, shouldn't have to wait that long this day and age.

Currently addicted to one vs one matches in WWE2K16 vs online pros. Damn kids were kicking my arse most of the night. One of them had Earthquake unlocked (AWESOME) and another had Arn Anderson unlocked, very cool. I happened to pick Ric Flair vs Earthquake, didn't pan out, destruction in minutes.

Best ever...I had Col.Mustafa selected as a joke, the old Iron Sheik is rated a 76 so he's kind of terrible. My online opponent had selected American Badass Version of The Undertaker. He destroyed me all match, he hit a tombstone but I luckily kicked out, he hit last ride and I luckily kicked out. Then after some more power moves on Sheik, I luckily hit him with my signature move gutrench suplex and went right into the Camel Clutch finisher. He escaped that and hit me with another power move and a last ride to win. It was pretty funny how I luckily lasted throughout the brutal beating with the crappy character, he must've been letting out some curse words, especially when I rallied and applied the camel clutch.

No if I was an "I hate the controller so I hate the whole system" guy then I would hate the Wii. My main problem is I simply do not see what the PS3 or PS4 offered that the 360 and XBox One didn't.

D&D handlers aren't exactly known for their maturity. We have whiners in my group too. Older than 21.

Basically it boils down to the fact that I love most of the PS3 exclusives (around 50% of my PS3 games are exclusives), and it's a damned good youtube/netflix machine between gaming. On the Xbox side there's only been one exclusive that I've liked and that's Halo which hasn't been passable since 3, but I still freaking love anyway.

They had a giant meeting last time they met (wasn't there) because some of them had been complaining to the DM behind their backs about how the others play the game. That's highschool drama at best! Replace some of these guys with girls and D&D with going out for drinks and you've got a ratings smash on the E! network :disappointed:

Not for me it doesn't.

I had an NES and a SNES as a young child but that was during a time in my life I'd rather not remember.

Fair enough. I have pretty bittersweet feelings toward the Gamecube/PS2 generation of consoles so I totally get that. It's like reverse nostalgia, if there's a negative counterpart to nostalgia anyway.

Currently addicted to one vs one matches in WWE2K16 vs online pros. Damn kids were kicking my arse most of the night. One of them had Earthquake unlocked (AWESOME) and another had Arn Anderson unlocked, very cool. I happened to pick Ric Flair vs Earthquake, didn't pan out, destruction in minutes.

Best ever...I had Col.Mustafa selected as a joke, the old Iron Sheik is rated a 76 so he's kind of terrible. My online opponent had selected American Badass Version of The Undertaker. He destroyed me all match, he hit a tombstone but I luckily kicked out, he hit last ride and I luckily kicked out. Then after some more power moves on Sheik, I luckily hit him with my signature move gutrench suplex and went right into the Camel Clutch finisher. He escaped that and hit me with another power move and a last ride to win. It was pretty funny how I luckily lasted throughout the brutal beating with the crappy character, he must've been letting out some curse words, especially when I rallied and applied the camel clutch.

Anerican Badass never happened. :p

Sounds like you're having fun. I never play anything online. Not my cup of tea. I'm oldschool and wanna play against people in the same room as me. I haven't played one of those WWE games since Smackdown VS Raw 2009. Way outta the loop. I was tempted to get this year's edition and make WZCW characters but you beat me to it lol.... Any more of those coming by the way?

Basically it boils down to the fact that I love most of the PS3 exclusives (around 50% of my PS3 games are exclusives), and it's a damned good youtube/netflix machine between gaming. On the Xbox side there's only been one exclusive that I've liked and that's Halo which hasn't been passable since 3, but I still freaking love anyway.

What are some of the good PS4 exclusives then?

They had a giant meeting last time they met (wasn't there) because some of them had been complaining to the DM behind their backs about how the others play the game. That's highschool drama at best! Replace some of these guys with girls and D&D with going out for drinks and you've got a ratings smash on the E! network :disappointed:

D&D handlers still go for drinks to rant. My DM is our designated bartender though.

Fair enough. I have pretty bittersweet feelings toward the Gamecube/PS2 generation of consoles so I totally get that. It's like reverse nostalgia, if there's a negative counterpart to nostalgia anyway.

Anerican Badass never happened. :p

Sounds like you're having fun. I never play anything online. Not my cup of tea. I'm oldschool and wanna play against people in the same room as me. I haven't played one of those WWE games since Smackdown VS Raw 2009. Way outta the loop. I was tempted to get this year's edition and make WZCW characters but you beat me to it lol.... Any more of those coming by the way? ----- Dagger end quote-----

I have to download a new video editor. The one I was using the trail ran out. I'll probably try it this weekend and do some revisions if I can. Theron Daggersheild can get his HBK movements now as I unlocked HBK by playing Showcase mode.

Got my copy of the Twilight Princess remake and Wolf Link Amiibo reserved today. Super excited :D Now surely everyone knows what I'll be doing on March 4th.

Watching her create these buildings in Minecraft is very impressive, there's tutorials on Youtube that show you how to make excellent, modern design homes. It's very cool.

I thought it was a PSP exclusive?

Maybe it was at one time....but I just looked at the box again to make sure I was talking about the right game...Final Fantasy Type 0 --- HD.... whatever the HD means, I thought all games were HD nowadays.

EDIT: I just noticed it has a Final Fantasy 15 demo included....I might not download the demo, don't want to ruin any of the game for myself.

Maybe it was at one time....but I just looked at the box again to make sure I was talking about the right game...Final Fantasy Type 0 --- HD.... whatever the HD means, I thought all games were HD nowadays.

EDIT: I just noticed it has a Final Fantasy 15 demo included....I might not download the demo, don't want to ruin any of the game for myself.

Weird. I don't have an Xbox One either (yet) but let me know if that game is any good.

Final Fantasy Type 0 - Mini review - 1 hour 35 minutes in....

Kind of unfair to be reviewing a Final Fantasy game this early, but the game really has promise, it's also showing some unintentionally funny moments.

The mouthing for English seemed to be an after thought right off the bat, and there's examples left and right an hour in. The graphics are fine but really could be better when the cinematics turn off. I'm kind of getting tired of the same ol character model Final Fantasy comes out with every single game. Jagged hair, perfect features for women and men...it's so silly that when you get to a certain point...you can view the main characters in the game...there's 12 of them and if you scan by all their names quickly and their profile pictures, the only thing that changes is the hair...lol. Men and woman.

Anyway...the story is told as a WAR DOCUMENTARY, like something out of The History Channel by a narrator I swear they got right from that same channel. The story is pretty good so far, I'm off to play more of it, I'm in a collage that seems like it's the main hub of the game.

Edit : There's this one female character early on here, she talks in sarcastic motions, but her tone and subject material is serious. It's so oddly funny, when she first spoke I was waiting for the big pffft when she was done, but no. It's like... "They all died." But her character is in a laughing and pointing motion.. (not that bad but you get my drift)

Edit: Plus, the first 30-35 minutes of the game it seemed to be viewed from inside a jeep with a dirty windshield, I guess to give that authentic war feel. It wasn't nice and the light actually glared at times making it annoying.

It seems the story told in War Documentary was only the first parts of the game, haven't seen it in awhile now. The main collage is a big bulk of the main hub after missions. The missions take place in the open world where enemy encounters can happen randomly while you walk in a zoomed out map (classic). While everything happens in real time, it seems to be done better than previous games. A funk ton of real strategy is involved, you can go into a mission with 12 characters, three being used in the mission with the rest on reserve. Everyone has their uses and I'm only now catching on to the unlimited amount of planning, strategy, weapon, magic and who fights well together. It really has a ton of potential right now.

Just did a Command and Conquer open world (map world) mission where my team is commanding CPU soldiers, overtaking bases, to clear the base you have to enter after an open world battle, clear out the towns of soldiers and deal with each towns boss. The game hasn't challenged much in terms of bosses yet, but I did suffer a couple of losses to two of my team on this mission. I'm slowly warming to this game....it's very not bad.

I'm kind of getting tired of the same ol character model Final Fantasy comes out with every single game. Jagged hair, perfect features for women and men...it's so silly that when you get to a certain point...you can view the main characters in the game...there's 12 of them and if you scan by all their names quickly and their profile pictures, the only thing that changes is the hair...lol. Men and woman.

I saw an image of "The fourteen members of Class Zero", is that who you're referring to? They look like a typical FF bunch. They do need some revised character ideas/models though. Everything from 8 onward (with the exception of 9) has been far too similar.

A funk ton of real strategy is involved, you can go into a mission with 12 characters, three being used in the mission with the rest on reserve. Everyone has their uses and I'm only now catching on to the unlimited amount of planning, strategy, weapon, magic and who fights well together. It really has a ton of potential right now.

Are we talking strategy as in Real Time Strategy the genre, or just having to plan more on who is in an active party? If it's a Real Time Strategy game then I doubt I will like it. I hate most RTS games personally. Never been a fan. Gimme the old turn based stuff any day. Or something like 10 or even 13 in terms of a battle system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back