Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

Disagree man. Shane's last match was against Randy Orton and Legacy in 2009. His last good match was against DX in 2006. This isn't Ricky Steamboat we're talking about here. Shane has no business working a Wrestlemania match, let alone against Undertaker. The Shane from the King Of The Ring match with Angle is not who you're getting this April.

As for Reigns.... the problem is the booking, not him personally. They need to just let him be the big badass face monster we all know he can be. I guarantee that Trips VS Reigns will be the better match.

I agree with the Triple H comment. When does Triple H ever have a bad match at WrestleMania? I fully expect a good match with Roman Reigns, shenanigans included.

I hear Taker and Shane will start the match on top of the Hell in the Cell cage, Taker will immediately grab Shane and give him and jumping, spinning tombstone piledriver through the roof of the cage, killing both men instantly as they crash to the mat. After five minutes of This is Awesome, fans will come to realize they are in fact, dead. To save face, Vince will get Braun Stroman and Big Show to come out and do the motions for Taker and Shane, flailing around their dead bodies like they were still alive.

I can't reveal my sources for this news.

And somehow it will get blamed on a midcarder like Neville who had nothing to do with the match.

This match isn't expected by anyone to be a classic.

It's the name value that will sell the match. Anyone expecting anything great out of Shane McMahon and an Old Undertaker isn't that smart

This match isn't expected by anyone to be a classic.

It's the name value that will sell the match. Anyone expecting anything great out of Shane McMahon and an Old Undertaker isn't that smart

I fully expect boatloads of shenanigans for this match. Shane getting a few guys to help him during the match. Maybe some ring damage, cage breaking, something to distract everyone away from the fact that it's not anything close to a wrestling match.

I fully expect boatloads of shenanigans for this match. Shane getting a few guys to help him during the match. Maybe some ring damage, cage breaking, something to distract everyone away from the fact that it's not anything close to a wrestling match.
I'm thinking the LoN will get involved to give them something to do.

Yo Dagger, D&D question time!
Do you prefer rolling for stats or using the default ones they suggest? (I know that may be moot since you don't play 5e)

Do you follow the rules to the letter, or do you let contextual situations govern what happens throughout the campaign? It's my turn to DM the next campaign my group does, and I've got one particular member of my party who keeps pulling "that guy" moves and chucking a spaz whenever we call him out on it - have you ever had a similar experience? What do you suggest I do to make the campaign more enjoyable?

Do you prefer rolling for stats or using the default ones they suggest? (I know that may be moot since you don't play 5e)

Do you follow the rules to the letter, or do you let contextual situations govern what happens throughout the campaign? It's my turn to DM the next campaign my group does, and I've got one particular member of my party who keeps pulling "that guy" moves and chucking a spaz whenever we call him out on it - have you ever had a similar experience? What do you suggest I do to make the campaign more enjoyable?

My gaming experience started at PONG - Atari- Intellivision- Commodore 64- Nintendo - Sega Genesis- Super Nintendo- Turbo Graphix 16 - Sega Saturn - Various PC - Xbox- PS - PS2- PS3 - Xbox 360(3) - Xbox One and most likely one or two I forgot about ...but just about 88% of the above paragraph confuses me. Are you talking about a board game?

My gaming experience started at PONG - Atari- Intellivision- Commodore 64- Nintendo - Sega Genesis- Super Nintendo- Turbo Graphix 16 - Sega Saturn - Various PC - Xbox- PS - PS2- PS3 - Xbox 360(3) - Xbox One and most likely one or two I forgot about ...but just about 88% of the above paragraph confuses me. Are you talking about a board game?
An RPG where you make up everything about the character and write it down on a piece of paper.

One person is designated as the Dungeon Master (DM) and is the person in charge of where you, what bad guys you face literally everything. The DM had a Dungeon Masters guide from whatever version the group is playing that has everything he needs to be the Dungeon Master and the DM is the only person that gets to see it.

The 20 sided die in Dagger's sig is one of many that the group uses in the game.

*sigh* milenkooooooooooo

You had three 360s?!? Red ring of death or did you just use them as DVD players because if it's the latter then the classic ps2 in every TV room is surely the better option!

Always roll for stats. Always. Roll 4 D6 then re-roll any 1's once, if you get another 1 you're stuck with it. Keep the highest 3 numbers (three 6's means you got an 18 in that stat). That's 1 stat. Do it for all 7. Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity, Charisma, and Appearance. Then you add racial modifiers and class modifiers once you have the stats rolled and picked out. Makes things more fun.

I follow the rules pretty close, but it's ultimately up to the DM in the end. The handlers can object to a DM decision, but the DM should have final say unless a big majority disagree, then you can take a break and discuss it out. The guy should not be throwing tantrums. It's your campaign he's playing, so unless the rules are insanely strict and/or make no sense, he should abide by them. If he can't, maybe he shouldn't play.

D&D. The tabletop RPG game that Theron in-character thinks he's playing all day every day. The ancestor of Final Fantasy. And what Milenko says here:

An RPG where you make up everything about the character and write it down on a piece of paper.

One person is designated as the Dungeon Master (DM) and is the person in charge of where you, what bad guys you face literally everything. The DM had a Dungeon Masters guide from whatever version the group is playing that has everything he needs to be the Dungeon Master and the DM is the only person that gets to see it.

This.

The 20 sided die in Dagger's sig is one of many that the group uses in the game.

I have around 31 different D20's. Had to buy a large tackle-box to fit all my dice in.

Always roll for stats. Always. Roll 4 D6 then re-roll any 1's once, if you get another 1 you're stuck with it. Keep the highest 3 numbers (three 6's means you got an 18 in that stat). That's 1 stat. Do it for all 7. Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity, Charisma, and Appearance. Then you add racial modifiers and class modifiers once you have the stats rolled and picked out. Makes things more fun.

I prefer rolling for stats too, but i don't do the appearance stat since image is something too character related in both the characters I've run so far :p
The other members of my group absolutely hate rolling for stats though so I've got to compromise for my DM campaign. It hurts my soul.

I prefer rolling for stats too, but i don't do the appearance stat since image is something too character related in both the characters I've run so far :p
The other members of my group absolutely hate rolling for stats though so I've got to compromise for my DM campaign. It hurts my soul.

You can let each member decide which they'd like to do, and maybe offer a "bonus" of sorts to the people that roll. That will encourage everyone to roll, without forcing their hand.

You can let each member decide which they'd like to do, and maybe offer a "bonus" of sorts to the people that roll. That will encourage everyone to roll, without forcing their hand.

We tried that way once, that ended with the table chucking a fit because they inevitably had lower/higher stat spreads. My group are a bunch of robots when it comes to stuff like this.

We tried that way once, that ended with the table chucking a fit because they inevitably had lower/higher stat spreads. My group are a bunch of robots when it comes to stuff like this.

Ugh bunch of babies...

They want a level playing field, they can play a different game, right? lol

You could be a totalitarian DM and say It's my way or the highway and do whatever the hell you want.

Ugh bunch of babies...

They want a level playing field, they can play a different game, right? lol

Some of the people in the party are just soooooooo bad even at other games it's ridiculous. One time we decided we were going to try Diablo 3 together, so naturally one of them decides they're going to sneakily play while we aren't so he could use an over leveled character and just run ahead of us killing everything instead of letting us play the game.

If I wasn't super best friends with the least robotic one of them I wouldn't be playing that's for sure, and yes I am planning on shaking it up a whole bunch when I DM to try and stop the arguing over stupid shit.

Then I'll get a PS4

You should get an Xbox One or a Wii U instead.

Why do they hate rolling for stats? Unless someone gets garbage stats (all below 10) while another gets all great (15 or higher) then there should be no issues. I've seen that happen, and it ain't pretty, but you should never not roll stats.

I could buy a PS1 and PS2 both for like 100 bucks. I heard from multiple sources that PS3 was really, really bad.

Sony's been bad ever since after the PS2. Get a Wii U. Or an Xbox One.

My DM would totally do something like that. And then the guys who didn't roll will all whine when those who rolled get their bonus.

You could be a totalitarian DM and say It's my way or the highway and do whatever the hell you want.

Those DM's don't tend to last long. You need to be firm, yes, but the DM is like the Head Of Creative here. You call the shots, but you're still the head story-teller for the party's handlers. Gotta make your audience happy at the end of the day. Good gosh, that means Yaz is our DM here. We're doomed. Joking, Yaz! ;)

You should get an Xbox One or a Wii U instead.

Sony's been bad ever since after the PS2. Get a Wii U. Or an Xbox One.

Ewwwwwwww no for the love of god no don't listen to Dagger on this one here Milenko. The Xbone is trash and the WiiU is slowly dragging itself out of the gutter, maybe pick up a WiiU three years into the next console's lifespan? Getting an Xbone is useless, Halo and Gears of War aren't enough to save it.

What have you got against Sony? Jealous of the games or are you one of those "I don't like the controller so therefore the entire system sucks" kind of guys?

Why do they hate rolling for stats? Unless someone gets garbage stats (all below 10) while another gets all great (15 or higher) then there should be no issues. I've seen that happen, and it ain't pretty, but you should never not roll stats.

Basically they get pissy whenever someone has "better" stats than them. Last campaign they made me re roll my stats 3 times just so I "wouldn't be overpowered" with my +5 +4 +2 and 3 +1s. I was on a roll that day though and that last spread was the lowest I rolled that day so they ended up forcing me to compromise and pick a +1 to change to -1. Two of them were almost refusing to play because of it even though if you were to total my rolls it was only a little bit better than theirs. These are 21 year olds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back