Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

Ditzy could mean any of the Misfits depending on the context :p Did you mean the comedic relief pirate, the summoner who doesn't speak Common/English very well, the D&D'ized stereotypical pretty blonde church girl, the arrogant necromancer, or the D&D'ized female version of Dr Who?

You've still lost me on all that lol I mean the new-ish one that keeps getting Kaleesta's name wrong.

You've still lost me on all that lol I mean the new-ish one that keeps getting Kaleesta's name wrong.

The one who calls Kaleesta "Space Lady" and Kirilah "Mystra Lady"? That's Kellia. :) She's actually almost as smart as Kaleesta, she just barely speaks any Common/English. I need to have her and Theron speak in Elven (which I'll type out as Swedish) in an RP sometime. Have the rest of the party confused for a change lol anyway she appreciates the vote.

Moving this here:

The one who calls Kaleesta "Space Lady" and Kirilah "Mystra Lady"? That's Kellia. :) She's actually almost as smart as Kaleesta, she just barely speaks any Common/English. I need to have her and Theron speak in Elven (which I'll type out as Swedish) in an RP sometime. Have the rest of the party confused for a change lol anyway she appreciates the vote.

I knew it was a K-something, but didn't want to put Kaleesta and be wrong. They're really all well-written and are unique in their own way, but when one person has so many they all kind of cancel each other out. She has stood out to me lately though.

Moving this here:

I knew it was a K-something, but didn't want to put Kaleesta and be wrong. They're really all well-written and are unique in their own way, but when one person has so many they all kind of cancel each other out. She has stood out to me lately though.

Got you covered, I moved the whole de-rail in here.

I legit LOL'ed at "K-something" considering all of them have names that begin with a "K". Including Sheshmish who goes by his middle name.

Definitely wanting to do that Elven conversation now though. When I RP'ed as Kellia's inspiration, a real Elven Summoner from my 3.5 D&D group.... when she'd speak Elven I would speak in legitimate Swedish then text my DM what the Summoner said so he'd know for story purposes but the rest of the party wouldn't. I'd then put the English/Common translation next to it, like how some handlers have done Spanish lines.

I legit LOL'ed at "K-something" considering all of them have names that begin with a "K". Including Sheshmish who goes by his middle name.

Kaleesta and Kellia are the 2 I remember easiest, but I've only recently gotten the hang of your RPs, so excuuuuuse me :lmao:

Definitely wanting to do that Elven conversation now though. When I RP'ed as Kellia's inspiration, a real Elven Summoner from my 3.5 D&D group.... when she'd speak Elven I would speak in legitimate Swedish then text my DM what the Summoner said so he'd know for story purposes but the rest of the party wouldn't. I'd then put the English/Common translation next to it, like how some handlers have done Spanish lines.

I've never played D&D or seen it played, but that does sound like a pretty interesting dynamic that could come in handy in the fed.

Your favorite PC game?

Tough call. I'm very much a console guy and with the exception of Angry Birds on my iPhone, all of my video games for the past 15+ years have been console titles. So having to look back toward really oldschool PC titles in order to pick.... I'll say Logical Journey of the Zoombinis. That was a fun puzzle solving game. The best level was one where you had to make pizzas for up to three different monsters depending on your difficulty setting.

Only pc games I played were StarCraft and Diablo

Didn't play much of Diablo. I for the life of me could not get into StarCraft, but it may be due to my general dislike of strategy games. The only one I ever liked was Ogre Battle on the SNES. I beat that entire game with only one unit, and without cheat codes.

I love strategy games. Shining Force on Sega Genesis was awesome, and Final Fantasy Tactics was the shit.

I bought diablo on the psone after my pc had broken. Diablo 3 on 360 was quite fun too

I love strategy games. Shining Force on Sega Genesis was awesome, and Final Fantasy Tactics was the shit.

I bought diablo on the psone after my pc had broken. Diablo 3 on 360 was quite fun too

Yeah.... Ogre Battle on the SNES is all by itself on my favorite strategy games list lol Man I loved that game.

Tough call. I'm very much a console guy and with the exception of Angry Birds on my iPhone, all of my video games for the past 15+ years have been console titles. So having to look back toward really oldschool PC titles in order to pick.... I'll say Logical Journey of the Zoombinis. That was a fun puzzle solving game. The best level was one where you had to make pizzas for up to three different monsters depending on your difficulty setting.

Was that the game where you got to pick what color ball they were, and pick different "legs", like a wheel or a spring? If so...I loved that game.

Was that the game where you got to pick what color ball they were, and pick different "legs", like a wheel or a spring? If so...I loved that game.

Original_Zoombinis_Pizza_Pass.jpg

This is the pizza monster level that I was talking about.

Wow. Just read your RP, you had added some Swedish scent it seems. I knew you were born in Sweden but never know you could speak. My gf's been nagging me to learn it within 6 months. Would I be able to? Coz after 1 and a half years of being in relationship with her all I could say is only a few words :-/

Wow. Just read your RP, you had added some Swedish scent it seems. I knew you were born in Sweden but never know you could speak. My gf's been nagging me to learn it within 6 months. Would I be able to? Coz after 1 and a half years of being in relationship with her all I could say is only a few words :-/

Swedish was my first language. I can help you translate things but I dunno how long it would take to fully learn a language. I hear Rosetta Stone is good.

As for the Kellia scene.... I wrote it out in Swedish yes but it's supposed to be Elven. When I RP in "real" D&D and have a character speak Elven I've always used Swedish in front of the other handlers then text message the translation to my DM. This definitely won't be the last Elven/Swedish promo in an RP.

Swedish was my first language. I can help you translate things but I dunno how long it would take to fully learn a language. I hear Rosetta Stone is good.

As for the Kellia scene.... I wrote it out in Swedish yes but it's supposed to be Elven. When I RP in "real" D&D and have a character speak Elven I've always used Swedish in front of the other handlers then text message the translation to my DM. This definitely won't be the last Elven/Swedish promo in an RP.

Ah. About the linguistic thing. How much time did you take to learn English? (it isn't your first language, right?) I'm struggling with that.

Ah. About the linguistic thing. How much time did you take to learn English? (it isn't your first language, right?) I'm struggling with that.

I learned it mostly side by side with Swedish for school. I'm born in the states but am first generation. I only spoke Swedish as a small child and had my first encounters with English in Pre-K so it still came early enough that I could learn at a normal pace. I think in Swedish though so even as an adult things on rare occassion get lost in translation so if my speaking/posts/etc ever sound akward, that's the origin of that. Ferbian had the exact same problem back in the day from what I remember only in another language.

I know this isn't the place to ask. But I might need from feedback from Double D..

Don't think I'll have time to do any feedback this round, dude. I have an insanely busy week ahead of me and due to an outreach my church is doing this weekend I won't get any breaks. Maybe I can get you feedback at Kingdom Come.

After 6 months, what console would you advice me? I prefer handheld. 3DS or Wii U?

Wii U easily.

Tell the truth, how mad were you when Zelda jobbed out to Peach on Deathbattle?

This is actually the first I've heard of that. I'm fine with Peach winning even though I do prefer Zelda. I like Peach and appear to be in the minority. I used her a lot in Smash Bros Melee and sometimes in Brawl. Haven't really on Wii U's Smash Bros due to Robin, Palutena, and of course Rosalina all being there. She's been a cool character for a while. In the original Super Mario RPG she ends up being the best character in the game by the end oddly enough. Frying Pan for melee weapon makes her one of the better attackers, and she was already highly useful due to Group Hug's healing.

And here's my banner for my Kingdom Come match....

2r2bztg.jpg

I'll update as needed if another "real" one gets made when the batch with the others is released by creative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back