• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"D-Men" - D-Man's Mentor/Mentee Thread

Good to know. When I decide I want to become a terrible poster, I'll shoot you a message.

Trust me, JGlass, I've been reading a lot of your posts over the last several weeks. You don't need any mentoring regarding becoming a terrible poster. You seem to have perfected that all on your own.

Both of you are starting to terribly piss me off. This election shit is spilling over into threads about mentor/mentee pairings, which is supposed to be a positive thing. D-Man, JGlass, and myself all were offerring our services in one way or another as mentors, and it somehow has turned into MORE bickering between the two of you, two of my good friends. This started as harmless election debate, and it's gotten way too personal. So Im going to call a spade a spade here.

This whole thing started here when Habs made an innocuous comment about myself and D-Man being good possible mentors. He said nothing about JGlass being a poor one, he simply mentioned the two people who were offerring to officially mentor people. No harm done.

Suddenly, this has turned into a pissing contest over party lines and terrible posting. Both of you are fantastic posters. Habs was a bear in the SDL, a thorn in my side for two months. JGlass and I have had about ten friendly debates over the last year, and he's a bitch to deal with as well. I respect the hell out of both of you as posters.

But here's the thing. JGlass, you're not being brutally honest, you're being a dick here. Habs, you're being too defensive here and letting election crap carry over into other parts of the forum. There was a time when I know the two of you at least respected each other, if not outright liked each other. What the hell happened here? Stop with this back and forth shit of antagonizing the other, it's annoying the hell out of me. You're both damn good friends of mine, and I hate friends of mine go at it like this. If the two of you really want to keep this up, take it to the bar and get all the venom out there, and so I don't have to see it.

I, for one, do have an angry bone in my body. And will whip ass on my would-be mentors behalf.

Both of you are starting to terribly piss me off. This election shit is spilling over into threads about mentor/mentee pairings, which is supposed to be a positive thing. D-Man, JGlass, and myself all were offerring our services in one way or another as mentors, and it somehow has turned into MORE bickering between the two of you, two of my good friends. This started as harmless election debate, and it's gotten way too personal. So Im going to call a spade a spade here.

This whole thing started here when Habs made an innocuous comment about myself and D-Man being good possible mentors. He said nothing about JGlass being a poor one, he simply mentioned the two people who were offerring to officially mentor people. No harm done.

Suddenly, this has turned into a pissing contest over party lines and terrible posting. Both of you are fantastic posters. Habs was a bear in the SDL, a thorn in my side for two months. JGlass and I have had about ten friendly debates over the last year, and he's a bitch to deal with as well. I respect the hell out of both of you as posters.

But here's the thing. JGlass, you're not being brutally honest, you're being a dick here. Habs, you're being too defensive here and letting election crap carry over into other parts of the forum. There was a time when I know the two of you at least respected each other, if not outright liked each other. What the hell happened here? Stop with this back and forth shit of antagonizing the other, it's annoying the hell out of me. You're both damn good friends of mine, and I hate friends of mine go at it like this. If the two of you really want to keep this up, take it to the bar and get all the venom out there, and so I don't have to see it.

In my defense... he started it.

All kidding aside, perhaps I did jump the gun with the sarcastic comment, but when habs has been making it a point to be a jackwagon to me every time I post with something he disagrees with (i.e. Dagger), he attempts to destroy my credibility. In reality, I'm just kicking his ass in an ongoing debate, and as a result he's taking his anger/frustration/whatever emotion he may be feeling out on me.

Prior to this election I had 0 ill-will towards habs. During the primaries I even said I supported habs in the ABC party. However, then Dagger won and I started a massive campaign against Dagger, things changed very quickly, and what I considered to be a friendly rivalry (though heavier on the rivalry) turned into something very bitter. I can't pinpoint the start of it, but it probably came from me pointing out that he's ignoring common sense and logic in favor of party loyalty.

So you're right, LSN, the election has spilled out into the rest of the forum, as politics often do. I don't think this is an isolated case, either. I have gained respect and lost respect for a few different posters during the elections, and I'm clearly not alone.

Just waiting to hear Dragon Saga's argument. But I want to give credit where it's due... Killjoy and JWG KILLED IT in their arguments. Well done, guys.

I'm going to be a very happy and proud poster, this year.

This is me throwing my hat in the ring.

I don't wanna talk about how good the others are, because that's universally known, I want you to know how good I am and that if a consideration is to be made on solid posts and threads, well then call me Luke.

If my posts are to be considered then I will show you my latest contribution to the very talked about Brodus Clay debut and others:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Non spamly speaking, I have had my moments which will leave your eyebrows raised and nostrils flared:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If being an avid thread starter, and poster doesn't ruffle your hair D-Man, then I give you this: The most swaying reason for me to be considered is that I need someone with that ear for music. I ain't talking about listening to it, I mean performing it on stage. I have a had a couple of gigs where I live but having someone who has ample experience can only help me. I need an ear that is impartial with criticism and compliments someone who can tell me what it is that I need to do to be...better than good.

I know I'm a stellar poster but I wanna be better here, and in front of them Marshalls. In closing I say, that in having a mentor like yourself I can achieve what everyone here wants to be but can't say : Awesome Sauce.

My hat's right there.

Just waiting to hear Dragon Saga's argument. But I want to give credit where it's due... Killjoy and JWG KILLED IT in their arguments. Well done, guys.

I'm going to be a very happy and proud poster, this year.

So I can't go based on cred? This was never clarified for me.

Considersome my proposal?

Paper, in all fairness to the others, I've already chosen my final three.

However, since then, Dragon Saga has not responded. Therefore, if I don't hear from DS in the next 24 hours, I will consider you as his replacement in my top three.

Sound fair?

Paper, in all fairness to the others, I've already chosen my final three.

However, since then, Dragon Saga has not responded. Therefore, if I don't hear from DS in the next 24 hours, I will consider you as his replacement in my top three.

Sound fair?

But I did good ye?

If PaperGhost really wanted to do some damage he would sign in as DS and make a bunch of threads praising the shockmaster and Sid Vicious.

P.S: Dragon Saga needs to come out of the closet.

Ok, so I guess Dragon Saga is caught up in something or other...

After David slayed Goliath and the Giants win over the Packers last night, I've decided to be extra generous.

After speaking with my former mentor, IC25, he put a lot of things into perspective for me. So I've decided to mentor anyone that wishes to be mentored. Therefore, if we're making things "official", and if they accept me, I take JW Gunslinger, Dragon Saga, Killjoy, and Paperghost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back