• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"D-Men" - D-Man's Mentor/Mentee Thread

I'm not mean, just brutally honest. As I said when I was drunk the other night, I talk truthfully, there's not enough time for bullshitting.

There are times I need to do this better. I'm not a coward by any means, as Im willing to defend myself. But I always try to take the "soft' approach with people on here, and I need to be more brutally honest here at times.

Oh, and look at all these mods so willing to be friendly and altruistically help people! And to think some people think we need a newer, "friendlier" face in the board room...

I think this theory has been successfully debunked. Look at me. I entered the Board Room in July, and I did a terrible job when it came to clean-up. Instead of people belittling me, I received constant encouragement and tips on how to do things. PM, rep, Facebook stalking, you name it. If most of you knew the things people such as D-Man and JGlass do behind the scenes, you'ld appreciate and respect them as I do, which is tremendously.

I know that I come off as being dry on here a lot. I admit it. But the funny thing is that I'm nowhere near that outside of here. I'm just sick of posting bibles on every thought in my head. Especially when the majority of my posts are results of facepalms... kinda makes it tough to articulate my thoughts properly.

Truth be told, I don't have a mean bone in my body unless someone blatantly wrongs me.

If someone was looking for a mentor, there would be no better choice than either D-Man or LSN, that much is obvious. Both of them are extremely solid.

My only question is, why in the name of hell would Dragon Saga, JWGunslinger, or Killjoy need a mentor in the first place? They are already really solid on their own. No mentoring required if you ask me.

Even then you have a long fuse. Lord knows how many times IC and I have made bald/old jokes.

True. But I know that no one sees that on here through these stupid posts.

JGlass and I constantly butt heads on WZF but the irony is that we get along so well in person. I fucking love the guy. If IC25 didn't become his Yoda, I would've jumped in there in a heartbeat.

Since I missed the boat on that one, I really want to be the first one to take someone (or more than one) under their wing in 2012. Honestly, I've been waiting for the right time to do it and this seems to be my year.

I'm really leaning towards taking two guys. I mean, mentoring someone isn't tough and doesn't take up a HUGE amount of my time. And if I can go into 2013 knowing that a few guys became better posters and possible mods because of me, that makes me very happy.

So, I'm narrowing this down to three guys... Killjoy, JW Gunslinger, and Dragon Saga. You are my top three candidates, officially.

There is a SLIGHT possibility that I will try to mentor all three of you but, most likely, I'm running with two out of three. So I'd like to ask you three to give me a good case as to why I should choose you over the others. PLEASE don't make this a bash-fest... keep it friendly. The purpose of all of this is positive and beneficial, so the preliminaries should be no different.

Also, if you guys have any questions you'd like to ask of me, now's the time.

If someone was looking for a mentor, there would be no better choice than either D-Man or LSN, that much is obvious. Both of them are extremely solid.

My only question is, why in the name of hell would Dragon Saga, JWGunslinger, or Killjoy need a mentor in the first place? They are already really solid on their own. No mentoring required if you ask me.

Exactley. A young go hard with no direction like myself would be the perfect fit. D-Man, teach me your ways.

Good question. And very fair.

But I see things that can improve in ANYONE. From their attitude or demeanor, to where they should concentrate on posting, to posting style, to support from above, to just being a friend.

If you are going to take two then I would suggest myself and Dragon Saga, no offense to KJ at all but he doesn't need it(really a compliment if anything). He's beyond established, one of the top TNA boys and solid across the board.

Personally I think I'd be best suited for it because I have proven myself as a non spam poster and I know my shit, but I have a big hole in my game when it comes to spam. I find myself struggling to adapt to the humor of WZ like GSB did so well. The reason I want to be mentored by you D-Man aside from just the enjoyment of getting to talk more than we have in the past is to help me become A threat in all areas as a poster.

I entered in the mod run when some good folks told me that I had what it took to get it, and I believed them at first but soon I realized that I didn't want it. Not that I don't want to be a mod but I don't want it if I don't feel I've earned it and in order to do that I need to have the total package when it comes to posting, and I know you can help me with that. Here I am sounding like crybaby Jericho in WCW but I want to be proud of my abilities across the board.

Aside from that I'm a generally likable guy and I think it would be fun, plus D-Man & Gunslinger would be an easy favorite for Mentor-Mentee team of 2012 :rolleyes:
I do hope that you take DS as well though, I obviously want it but I think he deserves it as well, I think he's already an awesome poster but he and I started off at the same time and we could really benefit from this in our first year.
Hope this is what you're looking for, any other questions you have ill be more than happy to oblige.

P.S.
Anyone with a Christmas Vacation sig should be my friend.

Good call on leaving me out. I know nothing about what it's like to be mentored by a respected poster, nor do I have a track record of helping my e-friends out. Just ask Crock, Phatso, Nate, or Doc, they'll vouch for my uselessness.

On a less sarcastic note, Killjoy, Dragon Saga, and JWG are all good posters, but they're not the cream of the crop yet. I don't doubt that all of them have what it takes, and a guy who skyrocketed to the top like D-Man could help them reach that level nearly as fast as he did.

Good call on leaving me out. I know nothing about what it's like to be mentored by a respected poster, nor do I have a track record of helping my e-friends out. Just ask Crock, Phatso, Nate, or Doc, they'll vouch for my uselessness.

On a less sarcastic note, Killjoy, Dragon Saga, and JWG are all good posters, but they're not the cream of the crop yet. I don't doubt that all of them have what it takes, and a guy who skyrocketed to the top like D-Man could help them reach that level nearly as fast as he did.

For the record, oh illustrious one, I did not intentionally leave you out of the mentor/mentee discussion. I just figured that with Killjoy, JWGunslinger, and Dragon Saga's names already being thrown around, LSN and D-Man didn't need a fourth name to consider as a mentee.

However, if you are really serious about finding a mentor, of course my services are always available ;)

Habs, why do you always insist on using emoticons to finish a post? Mix it up, or risk being banal.

Hey, I might have to end up being your mentor.

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3641467 said:
Habs, why do you always insist on using emoticons to finish a post? Mix it up, or risk being banal.

Actually, the other way around, and you might be on to something.

However, if you are really serious about finding a mentor, of course my services are always available ;)

Good to know. When I decide I want to become a terrible poster, I'll shoot you a message.

I can get behind this.

Rohan, are you accepting my offer or not? :p

Good to know. When I decide I want to become a terrible poster, I'll shoot you a message.

Trust me, JGlass, I've been reading a lot of your posts over the last several weeks. You don't need any mentoring regarding becoming a terrible poster. You seem to have perfected that all on your own.

Which is surprising, considering you were mentored by one of the absolute best on these forums.

I'll say this. I'm persistent and quite passionate. I don't go one day without coming in here unless something drastic happens. I'm from the same year as D-Man. But I was late. However in that time, despite the praise I get when I appear, I'm not a name that comes up casually. In 2009, The likes of Lariat, D-Man himself, Ferbian, IDR, Coco and many others showed up and considered among the elite. Of those elite, I can be found on the bottom the list. Of the yearbook picture, I'm the kid in the back. I'm remembered, just not brought up often. If Coco win's the election, that makes me the lame duck of that year. D-Man can change that. Because he came the farthest from that year's class while some of those guys came and went. D-Man still believes the 2009 rookies are the best as he won that award. He can prove yet again by pushing that last guy from that year to mean just as much as the rest.

Trust me, JGlass, I've been reading a lot of your posts over the last several weeks. You don't need any mentoring regarding becoming a terrible poster. You seem to have perfected that all on your own.

That's impossible. If I was a terrible poster, I'd be in the ABC Party.

Yeah, just like all of those other hacks. You know, Mitch Henessey, Mustang Sally, Theo Westside, FunKay, Falkon, LSN, Jack-Hammer, Big Sexy, and lots of others. What a bunch of lousy posters!

Oh, so you tried to recruit me to the party so I could be one of your diamonds in the rough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back