"D-Men" - D-Man's Mentor/Mentee Thread

I'd love a shot to work with ya D-Man if you'd be interested, in your opinion thread you said you liked my stuff but we never crossed paths. Well ever since I joined up here I've been a fan of your posts and your posting style, I feel like I've established myself as a poster in general but don't really click in Spam which is something I know you could help me with.

I've made alot of good friends here, I'm dedicated to getting on here as much as possible because I love it and I want to keep improving in every way possible, with a kickass mentor like you I could do so in leaps and bounds. I can tear shit up in just about every non spam section, I'm the 2011 Rookie Of The Year, but being mentored by a guy I respect like you would be an even better achievment.

If there are any questions you have for me before considering it let me know brotha, hope you're interested.

It's simple. We find the poster on the forums with the greatest number of Affliction t-shirts.
I'm not much of an Affliction guy but I wear a mean Tapout Signature Shirt. ;)

I'd love a shot to work with ya D-Man if you'd be interested, in your opinion thread you said you liked my stuff but we never crossed paths. Well ever since I joined up here I've been a fan of your posts and your posting style, I feel like I've established myself as a poster in general but don't really click in Spam which is something I know you could help me with.

I've made alot of good friends here, I'm dedicated to getting on here as much as possible because I love it and I want to keep improving in every way possible, with a kickass mentor like you I could do so in leaps and bounds. I can tear shit up in just about every non spam section, I'm the 2011 Rookie Of The Year, but being mentored by a guy I respect like you would be an even better achievment.

If there are any questions you have for me before considering it let me know brotha, hope you're interested.

This guy as well, 2011 ROTY being mentored by the... 2009 ROTY? 2008? ...2009.

Id endorse JWG as your mentee as well. Solid poster, even better person. As long as he votes LSN again in 2012 as Mod of the year once again.

Oh yes, I'm calling a repeat now. ;)

I know that the D in D-Man stands for Dragon, we would be a match made in heaven. Like Bonnie and Clyde, Chris and Nancy, Ryan69 and his hangman's noose. Not only do we agree on like a lot of things but you have previously pronounced your love for me. Okay, so I vanish for a week or two every now and then? But each time I return, I make those who know not of me understand the meaning of the name Dragon Saga... Or as Jack Swagger would pronounce it, Dragon Ssssssaga.

I'm applying not just for the heck of it, but because every other thread I've seen in the last 15 minutes is shit and this seemed the most intriguing. I could be the Maven to your Undertaker but I promise, no matter what happens, I will not dropkick you out of the Royal Rumble as long as you swear not to send my head through a popcorn machine.

I'm not much of an Affliction guy but I wear a mean Tapout Signature Shirt. ;)

This post... I like it.

This guy as well, 2011 ROTY being mentored by the... 2009 ROTY? 2008? ...2009.

It was the 2009 Rookie of the Year. And no offense towards this year's winner or the class of nominees but back then it really meant something. If you guys have free time, look up that thread. It was the craziest dogfight I had ever seen. And out of all the nominees, I think myself, SavageTaker, and one or two others are still here. Not to sound conceited but that proves to me that WZ posters made the right choice.

Id endorse JWG as your mentee as well. Solid poster, even better person. As long as he votes LSN again in 2012 as Mod of the year once again.

Oh yes, I'm calling a repeat now. ;)

Let it be known that if I decide to take JWG under my wing, MY ass will be getting his vote next year. Besides, didn't you win enough shit?!? ;)

I know that the D in D-Man stands for Dragon, we would be a match made in heaven. Like Bonnie and Clyde, Chris and Nancy, Ryan69 and his hangman's noose. Not only do we agree on like a lot of things but you have previously pronounced your love for me. Okay, so I vanish for a week or two every now and then? But each time I return, I make those who know not of me understand the meaning of the name Dragon Saga... Or as Jack Swagger would pronounce it, Dragon Ssssssaga.

I'm applying not just for the heck of it, but because every other thread I've seen in the last 15 minutes is shit and this seemed the most intriguing. I could be the Maven to your Undertaker but I promise, no matter what happens, I will not dropkick you out of the Royal Rumble as long as you swear not to send my head through a popcorn machine.

This is another guy that I've always liked. And right now, by a nosehair, he's the frontrunner. Here's why...

1. I think he's a very good poster (especially non-spam) but there is lots of room for improvement.

2. He puts effort towards everything he does.

3. He also posts in the spam sections and manages to not piss veryone of, in the process.

4. I have always gotten along with him well. Also, he took his warnings/infractions very well when he first began and strives to improve himself.

Now, for the record, that doesn't mean I've chosen him. Truth be told, JWG shares many of the traits I just listed. So, he is a VERY close second.

Trust me when I say that I'm really not trying to make too big a deal of all this and I would like to give serious consideration to other members. JWG and DS easily made themselves known on WZF in 2011 and there isn't much more I need to see from them to make my decision. However, they could continue to convince me.

As for the rest of you, I want this to be fair. Please provide links to (what you feel are) your best pieces of work in both spam and non-spam sections. Since I don't know any of you very well, I'd like to make an effort to get to know you. So link me to posts/threads that you've created which shows me what you're made of.

Thanks.

Echoing Jose, this is an endorsement, not so much of D-Man, who speaks for himself, but of the mentor/mentee process. You might think it's a load of horseshit but it's pretty cool, actually. Have someone around to tell you when you're fucking up, to bounce thread ideas off of, or whatever. NorCal did it for me when I first joined and it was pretty great. Generally gets you an ally on staff too, in the event that you're ever interested in being a mod. So, you know, don't think you're above it, or that it's some silly forum bullshit. It's a pretty solid deal.

I dunno, I think you can do just fine on your own if you just sit quiet and pay attention sometimes, look at me, I've never had a mentor and. . .

Not even the combination of Jericho and me could save you, Miko.

;)

Oh right I see :(

I'd like someone that shows promise in a few categories. I can't completely paint a blank canvas, here.

Speaking of this:

I'll give you four reasons why I should be your choice. Not saying that other posters here aren't great, but let's look at my reasons.

1. 2011 Moderator of the Year

2. 2011 Non-Wrestling poster of the year

3. 2011 Brass Ring Award Winner

4. Not even a nomination for 2011 Wrestling poster of the Year.

With your help, not only could I repeat as Mod and NWS Poster of the Year in 2012, I could add Wrestling Poster of the year to my trophy case as well. Think about it: The same person winning both the Non-Wrestling and Wrestling Poster of the year awards. Unheard of! What better way to regain your motivation but to help a fellow poster do something that's never been done before? I'm obviously your best choice here, and there's no argument better then mine. ;)

Speaking of this:

I'll give you four reasons why I should be your choice. Not saying that other posters here aren't great, but let's look at my reasons.

1. 2011 Moderator of the Year

2. 2011 Non-Wrestling poster of the year

3. 2011 Brass Ring Award Winner

4. Not even a nomination for 2011 Wrestling poster of the Year.

With your help, not only could I repeat as Mod and NWS Poster of the Year in 2012, I could add Wrestling Poster of the year to my trophy case as well. Think about it: The same person winning both the Non-Wrestling and Wrestling Poster of the year awards. Unheard of! What better way to regain your motivation but to help a fellow poster do something that's never been done before? I'm obviously your best choice here, and there's no argument better then mine. ;)

<3

LSN80, you are definitely the man. But let's be honest... what can I possibly help you out with that you aren't (or haven't) already excelled at?!?

<3

LSN80, you are definitely the man. But let's be honest... what can I possibly help you out with that you aren't (or haven't) already excelled at?!?

Good point. I counter with a different proposal then. Despite my busy schedule, I'd be willing to take you under my wing, guiding you through to the one thing that's eluded you during your time here. Coming from someone whose been there, done that, I could help ensure one thing:

D-Man as the 2012 Moderator of the Year!

If that offer doesn't get you excited and motivated, I don't know what else will. I'd even be willing to withdraw my name for discussion, clearing the way for you to win that bad boy this year. I offer you all of this, for the small price of you becoming my mentee. Crackin deal, eh? :p

In all seriousness, you should have won that award this year. Feel free to quote me on this later: You're a brilliant Mod, and both your mentee and all those whom you give consideration to here should vote D-Man in 2012.

And if they so desire, I'd be willing to take DS or JWG as a mentee, if you don't pick either. Killjoy's fantastic, but I don't feel he needs a mentor, personally.

I counter with a different proposal then. Despite my busy schedule, I'd be willing to take you under my wing, guiding you through to the one thing that's eluded you during your time here. Coming from someone whose been there, done that, I could help ensure one thing:

D-Man as the 2012 Moderator of the Year!

If that offer doesn't get you excited and motivated, I don't know what else will. I'd even be willing to withdraw my name for discussion, clearing the way for you to win that bad boy this year. I offer you all of this for the small price of you becoming my mentee. Crackin deal, eh? :p

In all seriousness, you should have won that award this year. Feel free to quote me on this later: You're a brilliant Mod, and both your mentee and all those whom you give consideration to here should vote D-Man in 2012.

And if they so desire, I'd be willing to take DS or JWG as a mentee, if you don't pick either. Killjoy's fantastic, but I don't feel he needs a mentor, personally.

Thanks, boss.

I think I will sig that. F'in brilliant.

And I'd like to hear a little bit more from the posters who're interested in me being their mentor.

Lastly, you would make a STELLAR mentor. But I'm staking claim to both the Mod of the Year and Mentor/Mentee Pairing awards this year!!

Yeah, LSN, you could feasibly be mentoring someone yourself you know.

Hello, mentor.

Are you happy that I'm finally passing your knowledge onto others? Pay it forward, baby!!

EDIT: Shit... ran out of characters in my sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back