• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"D-Men" - D-Man's Mentor/Mentee Thread

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3633040 said:
It wasn't meant to be funny. Nor was it racist. In any case, it may have been stereotypical but, racist? Never. I'm 1/16th Indian.

Red? Brown? Or both?

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3633068 said:
Brown. My great grandpa was from Goa.

There's 1/16th of you I like.

One last question before D-Man reads this and takes Funkay's advice and retires, thus doing his day job more efficiently, list all your WZF usernames will you.

I can hold my breath for two minutes straight.

Clearly this is a man that needs to be taken under the wing.

I would suggest a giant carnivorous mutant Bald Eagle, but D-Man will do. I bow out.

No, I don't, screw them all!

Pick me! PICK MEH!

Could you mentor me? I know we've had our differences, but I really feel your posting and life expertise can not only make me a better poster on WZ, but a better man in the real world.

Sheesh. What a bunch of desperate children.

I thought I kept you busy enough with reporting post's, D-Man.

Everyone that's applying in this thread need to pay attention to this man. It's an absolutely travesty that he hasn't been modded yet.

For the record I just want it known I did not say, think, or imply that. But the kind words are appreciated, bro.

I'll apply, as this could be an opportunity for me to not only improve, but really establish myself.

In your thread were you told what you thought of posters, you said that I was a decent poster, but my body of work was forgettable. And you are right. I have yet to establish myself. Slyfox is the strong debater, Theo is the happy-go-lucky nice guy, Coco is the cognitively stimulating contrarian, and I have yet to truthfully establish myself.

When I post, I try to post as intelligently as I can. I try to post as literately as I can. I have the tools to become a good poster, but I have never posted with strong passion and I have never committed myself to the forums to the degrees of some posters here. That's the void in my posts. Although passion can't be inorganically conjured, I could use this chance to fully show myself and my true capabilities as a poster.

This could be an exceptional opportunity for me.

The forum has been boring me, as of late. I just feel like I've seen it all and things are beginning to get quite stale. I haven't found any stimulating conversation-pieces in the non-spam sections and it hasn't been motivating me to create new non-spam threads or any unique ideas. I feel like I need... a purpose. It's a new year and I want to try something I've never done before...

I want to mentor someone.

Maybe this could spice things up a bit. I wanna pass on the knowledge that IC25 bestowed upon to me. Plus, I've seen mentor/mentee relationships turn into future mod spots.

Hopefully, someone's interested in the position. If so, then apply here.

You're 20 years older than IC. How the fuck did he bestow any knowledge on you that you shouldn't have already had?

You're 20 years older than IC. How the fuck did he bestow any knowledge on you that you shouldn't have already had?

Lulz...

The guy taught me everything i know and really elevated me to another level. All anyone needs is ths proper motivation and the right intentions. The rest is up to the person showing them the way.

I'd like to be a mentee (if that's even a term).

I've posted on wrestling forums for years and I feel like I know a decent bit about both wrestling and forums in general. However, no one should go through life acting like they know everything and don't have more to learn. Not that many people here know me and what I'm about, so I'd like to show them that I'm a relatively intelligent guy who can also be chill and not take things personally.

I haven't had many interactions with you, D-Man, but I know you have a reputation as a good mod and you know your stuff. It would be enjoyable to learn from someone who's respected around here, so that maybe I can become respected to some degree. More than that, though, I'd just like to know how I can contribute to the site better. I think I have a lot to give and I'm not really sure how to give it, at this point.

The arguments made so far... I like them.

None of them have really "moved" me yet. I think I'm just waiting for someone to post a reason I can relate to that will convince me to mentor them.

Maybe the fact that you once were a young poster who strived to be better, and you didn't know how to get there?

I have a bunch of tools. But Ace Hardware's instructions suck. I need you to be my Home Depot.

... okay, that was terrible, but it's the best I got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back