All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Would CM Punk beat the Streak, or would the Undertaker be the next WWE Champion?

In your opinion, who is the right opponent for CM Punk and the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 29?
Would be good match and promos would be golden but I dont see it happening. For one thing, Taker is parttimer(he did Wrestlemania this year and appeared on RAW1000 and thats it) and you could argue that the Rock is also like him but I don't see Taker to win this title(and I don't see if he could lose streak to Punk) and then lose it to next PPV. Just don't see it happening...

More real option is that it will be tripple threat Rock/Punk/Cena for the title and for Taker to face Brock. There is more and "Road to Wrestlemania" has just started but my prediction will be like that. Or they maybe "feed" Ryback with Brock and Undertaker faces someone else or it wouldn't be even on the card(some reports are that he might be off this year).

Oher thing is, where is HHH? He isn't retired and he will probably be somehow involved in all that...

I would like to see Rock/Punk and Lesnar/Taker at Wrestlemania but I read on the main page that we may get Punk/Taker at Mania.

So using the repetitive logic that WWE sometimes uses we could end up with Lesnar/HHH, Rock/Cena and Punk/Taker at the biggest show of the year. That way keeping Cena in a big match on the card.

Cena/Rock - Ideally, I would not want to see this again, as over the year (plus) before the first match they did pretty much everything possible in a build. I half thought at RAW 1000 when Dwayne came out and said he was going to face whomever the WWE Champion was going to be at the Royal Rumble, that we would get Rock/Cena II at the Rumble but then at the end of the show we got the Punk turn so that pointed us more for Punk/Rock at the Rumble.

HHH/Lesnar - Could easily be the 2nd biggest match at the Rumble (after The Rock's title opportunity) and with the Rumble match make it the biggest Rumble card of all time. HHH could still beat Lesnar and then 2 hours(-ish) later Brock could come out and win the Rumble. But WWE under the direction of getting a Punk/Taker match would want Lesnar to be in a big match on the biggest card and not against anyone before the supreme level.

Punk/Taker - Why redo this? They feuded in the same roles a couple of years ago and it wasn't exactly huge then. If both switched beforehand, but why would the fans ever boo and turn on Taker, he wrestles once a year and very well. So if they gave him the title from there, would we have to wait for a year for him to defend it again, and then to keep the streak alive he would successfully defend the WWE title for the rest of time... but seriously I don't want to see that match happen. To conclude on this match, I don't want the streak to end even at the hands of Punk.

So for me to get my 'Dream Wrestlemania 29', I would need:
  • The Rock to beat Punk at the Rumble
  • The Rock to successfully defend the WWE title inside the Elimination Chamber
  • Punk either winning the Rumble (on the same night he lost the title) or winning an Elimination Chamber match with a WM title shot on the line.
  • Lesnar challenging The Undertaker to put the streak on the line
  • John Cena avoiding The Rock at any point on the Road to Wrestlemania and feuding with someone who doesn't hold a title, maybe an anti-authority feud involving HHH even though that has been done before but it would keep the annoying SuperCena in a big match at WM

Giving me - Punk/Rock II, Lesnar/Taker and Cena/HHH. Yes I know that is recycling but better recycling than what WWE are more than likely going to give us.

So its been a longtime since I have posted. Tried to keep it realistic. Would love feedback. Thanks.

WWE Championship: CM Punk vs Undertaker- God I hope this happens. I think its fine if taker wins or even if punk breaks the streak. Would be a classic.

WHC Championship: Big Show vs Ryback- Gone back and forth on this. So I think Dolph will catch his case and lose. Sheamus will spoil it for him. Which brings Big Show vs Ryback. Ryback would win rumble Tho there would be little doubt that ryback would win title, it makes sense that he wins before fans lose interest.

John Cena vs The Rock- Inevitable. I mean I like if they at least tease a cena turn. Also, unlike last year cena and rock should have serious altercations before match. Its basically just a match for WWE to make money but still....

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton- Enforcer: Triple H: I want this match more than anything. Though there has been no speculation for this match, I really don't see why. Its fresh. Will make money. And could be a great match. Also with Orton and HHH's history, this needs to happen.

Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler- They have had matches before but its seems like a decent matchup. The build would be Sheamus cost Ziggler the mitb. Maybe Flair is in Zigglers corner? I think if they dont go with orton/lesnar, then they should flip flop and go with ziggler/orton and lesnar/sheamus.

Not really sure about the rest of the card. Definitely some options. Maybe a mitb match. Something good for D-Bryan. The funny thing about WWE is even though raw has been atrocious, they actually have a deep roster.

Undertaker vs. CM Punk, streak vs. long ass Title reign, is probably the best option for the WWE Title Match at WrestleMania, and would solidify Punk as a top guy. The feud would also make a lot of sense given Punk's "respect" based character. To be honest, Punk as WWE Champion would appear to be the biggest threat to the Undertaker's streak, and a lot of fans would probably buy into the fact that Punk could win for the "push".

I would probably book Undertaker to beat Punk, and then after the match Punk would hand Taker the Title and extend his hand in a showing of respect to the legendary phenom. Taker would shake Punks hand, no doubt eliciting a huge ovation from the crowd, only to have Punk cheap shot him and leave him laid out in the middle of the ring, with Punk standing tall to close WrestleMania. You keep the streak in tact, but still manage to put more heat on Punk than ever before. From here you can set up a re-match at Extreme Rules between Punk and taker where you'd put the Title back on Punk and allow Taker his time off.

If they go with this scenario, Punk would of course have to beat the Rock at the Royal Rumble to retain the Title, possibly due to interference from Cena (mirroring how the Rock cost Cena his Title opportunity back at WrestleMania 27). This would set up Rock vs. Cena II. The other big match would likely be HHH vs. Lesnar, probably in a No Holds Barred Match or something similar.

As the end of the year winds down, we are clearly entering the "Road to Wrestlemania". In addition, the speculation has begun in regards to some of the marquee matches for Wrestlemania 29. We have heard everything from a rematch between The Rock and John Cena to C.M. Punk vs. The Undertaker for the WWE Championship. Obviously, everybody has their own opinions as to what they "want" to see happen vs. what they "think" will actually happen. This thread is specifically designed so everybody can throw in their 2 cents about how they'd like Wrestlemania to play out in 2013.

Oh yeah...there's just one, little catch. I will be giving you 8 of the top names in the WWE, and you will be limited to using those names and ONLY those names. Below are the rules.

Rule #1 - Again, you are limited to the 8 superstars provided.

Rule #2 - You can NOT combine matches. Therefore, there will be NO tag team matches, triple threat matches, fatal 4 way matches, scramble matches, etc.

Rule #3 - Even though you will be matching up the superstars, you will have NO creative input on how the matches will go or who will win each match. You are stuck relying on the WWE creative team so choose wisely.

Rule #4 - Next to each match, provide a few sentences on why you chose the particular match. We don't need a full synopsis or detailed storyline but rather a few comments on what you find so appealing about the matchup.

*Helpful Hints

Hint #1 - Remember, you are limited to the 8 superstars below so you may have to compromise. For example, you might have interest in seeing The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar, but is it worth pairing those 2 together if your left with C.M. Punk vs. John Cena which is your least favorite option? It still may be worth it...but maybe not.

Hint #2 - As Rule #3 states, you are stuck with the WWE creative team coming up with the storylines and match results so that may play a part in pairing up superstars. If you are adamant on a certain superstar winning his match, you may want to take a step back and think it over. If you don't care about the outcome, then it's no big deal

Hint #3 - Forget about money. Forget about ratings. Forget about PPV buys. Forget about the WWE Universe. Forget about the IWC. Forget about Vince and company. This is all about YOU! Pick the matches that YOU would most enjoy.

So without further ado, let's begin!

The superstars are as follows:

(1) The Rock
(2) The Undertaker
(3) Brock Lesnar
(4) John Cena
(5) C.M. Punk
(6) Triple H
(7) Randy Orton
(8) Ryback

Punk vs. Taker is going to be a win-lose situation either way you look at it. If Punk wins he solidifies himself as the guy to end the streak but then the streak ends, it's legacy of the streak is flushed down the drain.

But if Taker beats Punk, the streak is intact but it really doesn't help Punk and it could possibly hurt him. As popular as Punk's status is now his status as a top guy is not yet definite unlike Cena, Orton, or Triple H. Punk needs a big high profile win at WM to carry over his momentum the 2013 calendar year.

I am curious if people think it would count as ending The Undertaker's streak if, hypothetically, Taker were to win the WHC at Mania this year and then Ziggler cashes in MITB and wins. Not sure it's something they would ever do, but it is interesting to think about.

Not in this lifetime. Ziggler isn't a threat to anyone, much less the Undertaker. Punk or Cena have more of a shot at ending the streak than Ziggler does. And Ziggler wouldn't benefit from ending Undertaker's streak. You need someone established that can 'cement' their place in folklore by ending Taker's streak. Ziggler's not even near his prime yet and needs to have a championship reign before he can be considered to be in the same talk as the upper echelon of stars in the WWE.

And I'm not saying Ziggler's not a great wrestler. I'm just saying the shoe doesn't fit when it comes to ending Taker's streak.

I believe and will always say if people like Diesel, HBK (twice), Triple H (3 times), Kane (twice), Batista, Big Show & A Train/Tensai (at the same time), Edge, Ric Flair couldn't or wasn't allowed to beat him ... no one should.

I am curious if people think it would count as ending The Undertaker's streak if, hypothetically, Taker were to win the WHC at Mania this year and then Ziggler cashes in MITB and wins. Not sure it's something they would ever do, but it is interesting to think about.

You are new at this, obviously so I will word this as nicely as possible:

How in the world would that work when Taker hasnt even wrestled all year. His regular match at WM is filled with energy and big spots. Then you want him to participate in one of the toughest matches in wrestling today. It just isnt something that would even be considered by WWE brass, let alone ok'd by Taker himself whom obviously doesn't have the greatest of health as we speak.

Not only that, I love Ziggler, I do, he is definitely one of the brighter spots in WWE today but he isnt going to be the face of WWE EVER. If ANYONE was to ever break that streak it would have to be someone the WWE have complete faith in to carry the "torch" far into the future. On the current roster MAYBE Punk could do it? Maybe a heel Cena? It would do nothing for the current version of Cena and would just taint the streak in the long run.

Because of my last line in that last paragraph I don't think the streak will ever be broken because at that point the streak and 20 years of wrestling would be meaningless.

He'd have to be built up to that point, which alot of people forget happens before matches. It is possible in the next few months that Zig reaches a higher level than the one he's at right now. He could well be going over Cena soon (and judging from the atmosphere on Raw last night, quite a few people would ave been fine with that.

Zigglers got talent, no doubt, but as of right now, he's too puny. If he beas Cena at TLC, AND cashes in, he could already be a major step closer. He could easily be on the cusp of a four month title reign having knocked off guys like Sheamus and Show (Ortan too maybe).

Saying that because other guys didnt beat Taker as a reason Dolph Ziggler shouldnt is stupid. Different day of the week, man. Taker is reaching the end of his rope. Somebody should cut it, and make it important (business wise). You cant put legacy in the bank.

Personally, I wouldnt do it. I'd kill the streak no doubt, but not Ziggler, not this year atleast. Give it to punk this year. Next, who knows? If it happened, I'd love it, but mainly because i wouldnt have seen it coming. With the right build and match, I could totally buy it though.

Streak vs Streak. Yes I'm aware this story line has been done numerous times however I think this story line between these two men would be terrific. If you're a fan of C.M. Punk or not you have admit his title reign has been VERY successful, did it start off a bit slow? Yes. However the longer he has held the title the better the reign has become. Unfortunately though all good things have to end. Now we are all aware that C.M. Punk will be facing The Rock at next year's Royal Rumble and we assume that The Rock will end the streak, and for the longest time I had no problem with it; but I do now.

The Rock is a legend but I do not think he is the right man to take the strap off C.M. Punk. Royal Rumble is basically the 2nd biggie pay-per-view (1. Wrestlemania and Survivor Series and SummerSlam are technically a toss up) why not capitalize on this year long reign on the grandest stage of them all Wrestlemania? Last match on the card against Taker, don't you think Punk deserves it? Not only that but the build up would be AWESOME. Don't get me wrong Rock vs. Punk at the Rumble is going to be EPIC but I don't think The Rock should go over Punk at the Rumble. I don't think the time is right. C.M. Punk's title reign has been great for the WWE personally it's one of the reasons why I still tune in every Monday, I think the year-long title reign deserves a proper ending at the grandest stage of them all: Wrestlemania against Taker.

As much as Ziggler has been pushed I do not think undertaker would drop his streak to him, they need someone who is more believeable to take out the Undertaker, my thoughts would be Brock Lesner facing Undertaker for the streak and either beating him or them screwing Brock for him walking out on them back when a lot of top names gave him a push.

Ziggler has money in the bank, he might face Cena at WM, Punk facing Rock and Undertaker maybe Brock, Rock beating punk for title and Ziggler cashing in on Rock to take title which gives him a jump cause he beat and took the title from the Rock

I agree. I would like to see CM Punk walk out of the Royal Rumble still WWE Champion. In my opinion, The Rock shouldn't even be getting a title shot. I have said before that i don't believe anyone who is part time should be involved with the championship. Which brings up the problem of Undertaker being part time. What happens after Undertaker wins the title? Does he go to the next PPV to just drop the title back to Punk? The idea of streak vs streak is a great concept, and by that time if Punk managed to hold the title that long would be truly special. You could always have Punk drop it at Elimination Chamber, but that would sort of ruin it. Either way i would like to see Punk vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Undertaker's streak is worth a lot more than Punk's though, and it would hurt the legacy if Punk won. I would have Punk keep the championship until Wrestlemania and then go on to lose to Undertaker. The next night on Raw, have Undertaker cut a promo to be interrupted by CM Punk where they make a rematch that night on Raw. Which would help keep the viewers interested. They go on to have another great match but Undertaker wins. After the back to back matches with Punk you can see the effect it's had on his body. Then out comes Brock Lesnar. Lesnar enters the ring and hits multiple F-5s on Taker and leaves. Then Dolph Ziggler's music hits, and he runs down to cash in the MITB and become new WWE Champion. Also setting up for a Lesnar vs Taker match down the road. That is of course if Ziggler doesn't cash in before then and Lesnar signs a contract extension.

I have a good Question......

As we all problably know by now, The Rock is scheduled to face CM Punk and win the belt from Punk at Royal Rumble. Now The Rock done contributed alot to the WWE and most likely is going to headline and Main Event Wrestlemania whether if he faces punk again or John Cena in a Wrestlemania Rematch.

Now we have another Icon which is The Undertaker who's still an active WWE Superstar and to my understanding chooses to work that one match per year. What if Undertaker who has done so much for the Industry was to say after going 20-0 at Wrestlemania says that this Wrestlemania will be his last match, and he was to face a guy like Cena or Brock Lesnar? Would The WWE let him take the last match instead of the Rock or would they stick with The Rock Main Eventing his match since it's already made out to be the biggest draw of the event.

These are not rumors. Undertaker is not retiring. This is just an "What If" type of question.

If Undertaker were to retire at Wrestlemania, no doubt, it would go on last. If they wanted Rock to go on last bad enough, then I'm sure they would just have him face Taker. As you said, I don't think Taker is officially retiring, but if he did, yes, it would be last.

Of course he would go on last, Undertaker's last match is way more important than some rematch (assuming it's Rock/Cena II) from last year, and it would be more interesting too to see whether Undertaker will let his final opponent put an end to his streak or not as he bows out. Taker along with HBK is Mr. Wrestlemania, his streak is just as much a draw for Wrestlemania as The Rock is, if not maybe more.

You are new at this, obviously so I will word this as nicely as possible:

How in the world would that work when Taker hasnt even wrestled all year. His regular match at WM is filled with energy and big spots. Then you want him to participate in one of the toughest matches in wrestling today. It just isnt something that would even be considered by WWE brass, let alone ok'd by Taker himself whom obviously doesn't have the greatest of health as we speak.

I feel like you misunderstood me or something. I don't know what you're talking about with "Then you want him to participate in one of the toughest matches in wrestling today." I just want Ziggler to cash in at the end of his regular match and beat him in like 30 seconds.

The streak shouldn't end and Punk losing benefits no one. With this I say the next best option for Punk is if he faces Triple H .

Both have enough history to justify a build up and rivalry for WM, Triple H is a big name and a very good win for Punk, and Triple H has no problem putting people over these days.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting several creative plans are being tossed around for Ryback's first WrestleMania this spring.

One idea features building to a match between Ryback and Big Show. The idea behind the match being pitched is Ryback having a WrestleMania moment picking up the Big Show, marching around and delivering the Shell Shock finisher on him.

It would be a pretty huge moment, especially if Ryback was able to do it flawlessly. But I think that's the problem, will he even be able to do it. We saw he was able to do it against Tensai once and failed the next. Some say it was Ryback's fault for not being able to even get him across his back the second time, while others have clearly stated that Tensai didn't use his legs for momentum in picking him up. Big Show has been around long enough to know he needs to be a huge part of the Shell Shock happening. And I know he will do everything he can to give the rub to an up-and-comer.

Like Hogan trying to body slam Andre in WM3, I think everyone will be expecting him to try it the first time and fail, which Hogan did. It would seem like the logical choice.

But in the end, will Ryback not only be able to lift Big Show on his back, but also stomp around the ring before slamming him? The second part is going to be pretty tough. Ryback is strong, but that is a lot of weight to be carrying around, even for a few seconds. Show weighs anywhere from 440-460 over 100 pounds more than Tensai.

So I ask, in the end, will Ryback be able to Shell Shock Big Show successfully?

Honestly I think hes going to be able too. Ryback is starting to become the most loves superstar like goldberg was. This move will clearly be practiced months in advanced before the fued even starts to see if ryback can even do it. And like you said Big Show will do anything to help an up a comer.

I don't think there is a real answer to your question, only time will tell if he could pull this off without fault. It will no doubt be difficult to Shellshock Big Show, but if he has real strength and not just visual muscle then I honestly don't see why he can't. He has a few months to become physically strong enough to do so, if he isn't already capable.

Ryback is incredibly strong and improves every single week, I myself wouldn't doubt the man for a second.

.... but if he has real strength and not just visual muscle then I honestly don't see why he can't.

That's the big question, isn't it? Sure, he looks as if he should be strong.....but is he? Yes, he wouldn't be considered weak when compared to regular people but there was another instance he had trouble getting his opponent up in the air for his signature hold (I can't remember who) and it occurred to me at the time that Ryback might look cosmetically strong but still be lacking in strength to do the things it seems he should be able to do.

As to lifting two people on his back, we watched Beth Phoenix do the same to a couple of divas who were only slightly smaller than she. It looks impressive as hell but probably isn't the Herculean feat it seems to be.

I don't think Ryback wold have a prayer of applying the Shell Shock to Big Show.....and how bad would it look if he tried and failed....at Wrestlemania?

He has a few months to become physically strong enough to do so, if he isn't already capable.

Yep. And wrestlers always practice their matches with each other before they have the official one on PPV, so he has enough time to prepare to pull off such a thing.

I think he can pick up Show, that whole Tensai botch was just one mistake, he did get him up on his shoulders with no problem in that match they had on the Smackdown before that RAW, I'm just not sure about the marching around bit. But they could always just have Ryback take a few steps forward instead of march around then drop backwards with the move, or just have him pick Show up, no marching or anything, and plant Show down. Just Ryback lifting Show up on his shoulders is impressive enough, nevermind the marching around.

The one thing I would like to see is a more high profile world title match. The last world title match that felt important was Jericho vs Edge at WM 26.

If Big Show is still in the world title picture at WM I think I'm giving up on the title. If Ziggler cashes in his MITB contract sometime before WM the world title will probably end up opening the show again. I'm so tired of Sheamus. It will be over a year and a half of Sheamus either trying to win or defend the world title if he still fighting for it at WM 29.

I still think Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan would be the best bet. Since Orton wants to be heel. Have him do a heel turn and become champion. Over the last 7-8 months Daniel Bryan has become top 5 in terms of popularity in the WWE. I think they can pull off a great match and feud.

Ryback vs Big Show as an undercard match could work. Seeing two monsters fight each other will always draw some interest. If Ryback is able to march around the ring and Shell Shocked Big Show the crowd would go insane. Then let the guy become WWE champ after WM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back