Wrestlemania 26's biggest question: Chris Jericho?

Joker ' Ferreira

Next Cristiano Ronaldo (w/ brains)
So, for all this year we have been wondering like we always do, who will face The Undertaker for his streak at Wrestlemania. Many of us, believe it will be Chris Jericho or even John Cena.

But, as we also know, Chris Jericho and Edge will have issues to resolve between January - May of 2010, when Edge comes back from his serious injury.

So, in my vision, Wrestlemania 26's biggest question is not Undertaker's opponent, but who will face Chris Jericho. I do believe that, right now, Jericho is the best in this business, so it's kind of normal that speculate who will he face at the biggest event of Pro Wrestling.

And for all we know Undertaker wont lose any Wrestlemania match in his career, maybe against John Cena he would, but this thread isn't about that.

Do you agree with me and think that Jericho's opponent at Wrestlemania might be more relevant than Undertaker's?

I think it will be a great show no matter who faces Jericho, who faces Taker, or if they face each other. I got my wrestlemania ticket already so i'm just pumped to be going.

I see Taker fighting Jericho, Cena, or maybe even Kane....who knows.

And Jericho either fighting Taker, Edge, Or even Cena since they have a long past......hell i could even see Jericho Vs Christian if they decide to go that way.

Either way....no matter who's fighting who....it will be great. But yes, Jericho must have a singles match this year...he's earned it......even if he got chubby :p

Jericho has been WWE's most valuble player the past two years. I agree with AzLunchBox that he deserves a singles match, but what he also deserves is a high profile match. Undertaker is the best and obvious choice.

With Taker getting up in age, having a match with a great worker like Jericho is exactly what he needs to cement his legacy. If you look at the list of opponents Taker has defeated at WM, it's a whos-who of pro-wrestling. Jericho should be on this list as well.

Edge would be a great opponent as well. JR mentioned Edge wont be ready until around WM time, so if Edge is in good shape, this could be a great match. Even a triple threat between Jericho, Edge and Christian would be a great match as well. They've all been tag champions with each other. Let's find out who's the best.

Cena would be a good choice as well, but it would absolutely have to be for the title. We've seen enough of Cena/Jericho so I'm not sure it would create a good PPV buyrate.

Maybe a returning guy like BookerT or a suprise Rumble entrant. Who knows.

Kane, no. Matt Hardy, no. Punk, no. HBK, no. HHH, no. Big Show?? maybe.

As for him being chubby. I'm not sure he's chubby. He's changed his attire in and out of the ring. Clothing can be very deceiving. He's not 25 anymore and as everyone knows, age can bring a bit more to lug around.

I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for this, but I really don't see why everyone likes the Undertaker?? I mean, I used to like the guy when I was 12, and when he had the Biker Gimmick, but this "Dead Man" act he has been putting on for most of his career has been getting stale.

Now that I'm not 12, I really don't like the Undertaker anymore. It just seems like the only reason he is there, is to collect a paycheck.

But, that is only my opinion. But to tell you the truth, I would love to see Jericho vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania. I just don't want to see Kane vs The Undertaker for the third time, because we all know his streak will live on forever.

I think if edge is healthy they need to involve him in a match w/ jericho. I think a way the wwe can protect edge if hes not quite hundred %, keep the tag titles on JeriShow, and let his mystery partner be christian for the tag belts. If edge cant back by wrestlemania, the Jericho I think would be the obvious choice for Taker unless they fued by then

Actually above all of this I want Jericho to win the Royal Rumble (he's earned it), and feud with 'Taker going into Wrestlemania. Now while I'd love for him to end the streak (I know he won't) he can put on a classic match and lose.

He can then take the title at Backlash and feud with Edge when he's 100%.

I actually think he should be the winner of the 2010 rumble since wwe wants to have the titles on the faces, and the undertaker-jericho match should be at wrestlemania for the title. Jericho is the most entertaining thing in wwe right now.

While I'd love to see Jericho/Edge at W/M I'd rather WWE doesn't bring back Edge til he's 100%. I think Jericho would be the perfect choice to end Undie's streak. Nobody really expects Jericho to beat Taker (much like when he won the undisputed championship match). I'd love to see him end the streak, win the title and then feud with a fully fit Edge. Who can smell an Edge/Jericho main event for next years Summerslam?

Personally I see Taker fighting jericho,Or John Cena either way it'll be a classic battle not even that it'll be epic!

The question has two answers obviously, yes or no. But it completely depends upon who Jericho is facing.

Right now, he has a possible return feud with Edge. He also has a potential Big Show feud, or a Morrison WM feud. If he grabs someone from Raw, it could be Kofi or MVP he faces. Though I think I would like Kofi facing Orton at WM.

For the Undertaker, his match up very well has the potential to be huge. John Cena facing UT? That would be the largest threat to his streak yet. And, honestly, both sides have a huge point to them. If Cena wins, that would cement his place in the upper echelons of the WWE for years. If Cena loses, though, it makes Taker's streak seem downright unstoppable. So unstoppable, that someone like Swagger could come along and win, giving that last HUGE push to the Main Event. If it's not Cena, and we get someone like Swagger or Miz, then it's still the same argument. Swagger could very well win, if they want to give him that push.

To answer your question, Jericho's opponent may very well be much more relevant than Taker's at WM. But only if they give Taker a completely jackass to feud with, like Kozlov or Khali. If they give Taker a upper mid-carder like Swagger or Miz, that will generate as much talk as a Taker/Cena or Jericho/Edge feud. Taker's streak is impressive, and everyone is looking out for when it might end.

All I could really see coming out of a feud for Jericho at Mania is Edge. The unification belts will be gone from Jericho and Big Show and their little rivalry wouldve been cleaned up and over with before Mania.

Struck me as being boring if you like,but Id love to see A Jericho and Michaels match on the biggest stage. Both give it their all when they perform ,and they have great chemistry inside the ring abd in their promos and build up. Theres no indication Shawns retiring yet..so it cold be a rematch at Mania from 03 and not a send off much like Flair received from Michaels etc..

Thats all I can think off without the Undertaker concept lingering in the air.

I DON'T THINK THAT IS WM 26'S BIGGEST QUESTION, I THINK JERICHO WILL BE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION BY THE TIME MANIA ARRIVES AND THEN EDGE WILL WRESTLE CHRIS FOR THE GOLD AT MANIA 26. IS GOING TO BE AWESOME TO SEE EDGE AND JERICHO ONE ON ONE AT WRESTLEMANIA, SPECIALLY WITH EDGE WINNING THE WORLD TITLE

My way of thinking is that if Edge was back in time to work a fll proper build up, then Edge vs Jericho would be a given. But what is more than likely the way it will go, Undertaker vs Chris Jericho will be what we will se at Mania 26. Resons for this;

Taker needs to be in the ring with somebody who can make him look the star he needs to look like. The build up, verbally will be Jericho gold. He is a credible opponent to add to the list off Taker victories. Edge will be someway involved in the finish, thus costing Jericho the match, and setting up their feud to go thru 2010. Thatw ay, Jericho wont lose any credibility getting chesated out of a victory against the phenom, gives Edge more time to recouperate his injury so 2010 he is back to reclaim the top spot, but a s a babyface. This leave Shawn Michaels vs Triple H, Randy Orton vs Ted DiBiase Jnr, John Cena vs C M Punk and Batista vs whoever they want a 5 min throwaway match with.

well we might be finding out the answer soon, the main event for next weeks SD is Taker vs Jericho. Now if it actually a singles match between the 2 then i dont see that same match being at mania. But (and this most likely will happen) if there is any outside interference then this match could definitely happen at mania, but imo i would rather see Edge-Jericho for the title

Taker vs. Jericho is possible, but it requires losing the tag titles prior to the Royal Rumble; I'm inclined to say Jerishow vs. Edge/Christian for the titles at Mania.

I said this over 8 months ago and I ll say it again Jericho is facing Undertaker at WM26
Yes he ll job next week to undertaker but at WM26 Jericho will get thejob done and end his streak why? I am getting sick of the undertakers gimmick its been growng stale its almost 2 decade gimmick already this is when people are at age12 thinking its cool Halloween is over but for Mark Callous everyday is halloween its boring! He has no set of moves except 2 moves
Jericho is the type who will impress wrestling fans and I know he ll end the end streak and he ll be glad to gloat about it and be conceited stating that noone can end Undertakers streak and he was the man that did it!
Now for the rest of the posts with this edge/jericho feud like I said before it won'thappen coz his injury is worse than anticipated and its been reported here on Wrestlezone so enuff with edge/jericho he won't be back till after WM26
Jericho wins the title and Edge beats him in the ppv after or Summerslam 2010
I see Big Show beating Undertaker at Survivor series or I see a team split up here gone wrong but I see Big SHow winning as he has in the past 2 survivor series
I see HHH or HBK defeating Cena from there its Orton vs HHH yawwwwwwwwn or HBK

After the Micheals/taker wm match I get the feeling that due to how iconic taker is, and that it overshadowed every match on the card last year, the match will go to the best in to company. In this case, everyone wins. Taker gets another iconic figure to beat, like HBK the loser is part of a classic match, and the wwe gets the ppv buys.

I get the feeling that Y2J will be winning the rumble this year. It sort of makes sense since He has re-entered the title scene recently and hasnt won it before. This would give taker a long title reign which he is due, gives a definative main event for the ppv (unlike last years in which the taker/hbk overshadowed the last two matches) .

Imagine the promos Y2j would be producing ("im the best there is at what I do, I could end the streak" just like HBK) let alone his ability to help carry taker (no offense, i love him, but he is getting older). It could be great.

Even if Taker doesnt have the title at WM, and Y2J doesnt win the rumble (punk?) then it would still be a good match... equal to that of michaels and taker.

Undertaker will not face Jericho at mainia he will face Vince look at the story line with punk vince is screwing Taker it will lead to a mainia match.

Now on with Jericho i see him facing edge if he is back in time if not i can see him facing Morrison & putting on a match like him & HBK had back a few mainias ago i love jericho but i dont see wwe making him the spot light of mainia Taker always steels it with his dumb streak

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back