Could the Undertaker vs Triple H match kill the excitement of Punk vs Jericho?

It very well could take away from some of the excitement if one has to follow the other because when you have not one but three (four if Bryan/Sheamus get a little more hype) HUGE matches then you run the risk of fans getting too tired to care when the final match is going on. Undertaker VS Triple H will be an epic Hell In a Cell match that will leave the fans tired from all the cheering. I was there at Wrestlemania 25 and while I doubt this match will be as good as Taker VS Michaels 1, it will likely drain the crowd. A less important match should follow it so that the fans can calm down before what comes next, whether that be the world title matches or Cena & The Rock. There's plenty of options. The divas, the tag team titles, the GM match, midcard titles.... Even a random filler match could suffice.

They could bring out the Hall of Fam inductees after the match too. Then the fans have a bit of a break without having to move a midcard or filler match further up the card than necessary. Altough if Taker/Trips, Jericho/Punk, and Cena/Rock are going to be the final 3 matches then WWE will need to come up with a way to prevent the fans from getting too worn out from all the cheering. Between Taker/Michaels 1, Cena/Edge/Show, and seeing Stone Cold after the Hall of Fame segment, I remember being extremely drained by the time Trips/Orton began. Having Trips/Taker towards the end with the Hall of Fame segment next, followed by the WWE Championship match, then a midcard title, and finally Cena/Rock last could be a card placement that may work.

The excitement of Punk/Jericho wont be killed simply due to the fact of them wrestling before the 2 main WM matches... I think the card would be:

Sheamus/Bryan Title Match

Beth Phoenix vs. Kharma, Trish Stratus, or Natalya (Divas Championship)

Team Long vs. Team Laurenitis

Ryder & 1 of the Bella Twins vs. Miz & Eve

Show vs. Rhodes IC Championship

Punk vs. Jericho

Rock vs. Cena

HHH vs Taker

Look at these matches, and really think about them.

Taker/HHH, who cares most about this match? Nostalgia fans and fans of brawling.

Jericho/Punk, who cares most about this match? Self professed "pure wrestling" fans.

Cena/Rock, yea, everyone cares about this match, but it's going on last.

My point is that there is a lot of variety. WWE is smart enough to put buffers between them. My guess it that it'll go HHH/Taker, divas match, Punk/Jericho, celebrity segment, Cena/Rock.

It'll be fine. Shit man Wrestlemania 19 had Jericho/HBK, Vince/Hogan, Rock/Austin, Booker/HHH, Angle/Lesnar and I'm pretty sure they were ALL IN A ROW. That's 5 exhausting matches in a row. It was fine because you had variety. Jericho/HBK pure wrestling faster pace, followed by HHH/Booker class WWE style main event methodical pace, Hogan/Vince brawling blood old guys slower but with big spots, Rock/Austin legends at a faster pace, Angle/Lesnar pure wrestling with a up and down pace.

It's all about pacing and card placement. It'll be fine.

Yes. HHH/ Taker will overshadow Punk/Jericho. HHH/Taker are two megastars whereas Punk/Jericho are just mediocre. Jericho has never been a draw and he is completely boring as a heel. He is just doing the same thing he was doing in 2008 and 2009 and thats being a whiny heel. Punk/Jericho buildup has been lackluster. A fued based around being the "Best in the World" which neither of them are. The WWE Championship has been mixed in the shuffle and the fued isn't based much around it. Even Randy Orton vs Kane is much bigger than both of the World Title matches as the title matches have very less starpower.

WM is too long of a show. WWE makes a whole weekend out of it for its fans. The human mind and body is conditioned to handle only so much at once. If HHH/UT and Michaels put on a show that brings out strong emotions from the audience then not only will it kill Punk/Jericho but it will kill Rock/Cena. Fans only have so much to give to a program. The story, ability and outcome of HHH/UT could suck the life out of Miami and steal the show.

Frankly, I would like it to go on last but that is highly unlikely.

WM is too long of a show. WWE makes a whole weekend out of it for its fans. The human mind and body is conditioned to handle only so much at once. If HHH/UT and Michaels put on a show that brings out strong emotions from the audience then not only will it kill Punk/Jericho but it will kill Rock/Cena. Fans only have so much to give to a program. The story, ability and outcome of HHH/UT could suck the life out of Miami and steal the show.

Frankly, I would like it to go on last but that is highly unlikely.
That's why it doesn't go on last. Rock/Cena is going to get the "nut" from the crowd. They are going to blow their metaphorical load for that one. Taker/HHH will be emotionally exhausting but not something you scream the whole time for. Put a buffer match between them and we're good.

Punk/Jericho is more of a "wrestling match" type of thing where you sit back, clap, cheer, then pop for the falsies and give them an applause after. Then you have a divas match that you get to relax on. Then Taker and HHH come on, you don't start out making a lot of noise because it won't be like that, you "ooooo" and "ahhhh" on the big spots, pop for the falsies, and applaud after. Then there is another buffer, a celebrity thing where you kind of lol and take pics. Or it's the hall of fame stuff where you take pics. Then it's Rock/Cena and you scream until you can't scream anymore.

It's really not that big of a deal. I don't know why so many of you are worried. It's wrestlemania, people who don't love wrestling don't go to wrestlemania.

With the event being held in an outdoor venue, having the Hell in a Cel structure will be hard to have it hanging up all night unless they have some form of crane, or they put the contraption together on the spot. This is why I feel that the Undertaker vs HHH match will be the first match on after the "intermission" whilst introducing the 2012 Hall of Fame Inductees, they will be busy putting the cage together. There will be a match on between the Rock and Cena to let the crowd get their shit together, so Punk vs Jericho will not be on immediately before the Cena vs Rock match.

If the card has say 9 matches, I see it going like this:

1. INTERCONTINETAL TITLE MATCH: Rhodes vs Big Show
2. 3 WAY TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: Primo Epico vs Swagger Ziggler, vs Kofi Santino
3. RANDY ORTON VS KANE
4. TEAM LAURINATIS VS TEAM LONG Christian, Del Rios and Otunga vs Miz,Mysterio, R Truth
5. WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP Bryan vs Sheamus
INTERMISSION; HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
6. HELL IN A CELL Undertaker vs HHH
7. WWE CHAMPIONSHIP PUNK VS JERICHO
8 DIVAS RUBBISH MATCH Beth vs Kharma/Natalya/Kelly Kelly
9 CENA VS ROCK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members