• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
how about using Cardiff's Millenium Stadium they could still have the show at the normal time for american time zones as they have had Joe Calzaghe fights at 4 am also it is a covered stadium which would get a crowd of 80,000 easy they have the motorpoint arena for the hall of fame and o2 in london or men in manchester for raw and smackdown taping after

This is a very interesting idea. I would only be concerned by the lack of depth in the talent roster - making the shows difficult to draw crowds. You would need some BIG names in both shows. So having Rock and cena on one Show and taker and lesnar on another would help. Guest appearances by Bret Hart and HBK would boost it too - as would a Stone Cold/CM Punk match.

I think one of the only problems with that is that people who buy tickets to one might want to see both big marquee matchups or may want to see the one that the other venue is having altogether. Also on Sunday, people are usually doing things at 2 in the afternoon so they might miss some of the first show but if they could make those things work I'd have no problem with it.

As one Vince McMahon would say, there is NO chance in hell of this happening. Firstly, having wrestlemania in two parts is a dumb idea because it means making people wait longer and spend more money on either attending live or buying the PPV.

Also, It isn't just a little bit extra to pay, It's something 55 bucks in the US. Tickets are very expensive so, if a fan is going to pay two to five hundred bucks for one ticket, then people are going to want to see the whole show which is 4 hours. They don't want to see the show being split up into 2 parts.

Finaly, Wrestlemania is an american show. I don't think that they want to hold WWE's biggest event yet outside from the US. I am not saying that the UK doesn't deserve a wrestlemania but the chances of it happening are very slim. I know the UK fans are optimistic about having one of the big four outside the US, but from a business standpoint, it makes no sense what so ever.

There have been rumours about them potentially holding Wrestlemania 30 in New Orleans at the mercdeses benz superdome.

46096s.gif

I've already got my travel package purchased so I know I'll be somewhere in the 100 level which are probably better than floor seats since we'll be above the people holding up signs. The problem with floor seats is all the people who want to hold up their sign or stand the entire time. When we went to Smackdown! in 2004 the constant chant was "put the f'ing sign down" and got to the point that the back few rows on the floor ended up standing on their chairs just to see the end of the show. So unless you're going first 5 or 6 rows floor seats usually don't give a good view if you get a sign obsessed crowd.

For decent seats expect to pay anywhere between $300-$600 and avoid the $35-$75 level if at all possible since those seats were the ones placed behind the Titantron in the nose bleeds last year so you're better off watching from home if you want to see anything. The 300 level will probably be a little difficult to see from depending on the ring lights. If you're above the lights it's a pretty shitty night. 200 level you might have an okay view depending on the actual seats.

Tickets are likely to go fast tomorrow so you might want to scout out a few locations beforehand to see what you feel like would be the optimal location for what you can afford and just pray they don't put a huge palm tree in front of you like they did to people last year.

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/new_meadowlands/

The ring will most likely be where the NFL logo is so I'm hoping for section 112, 113 or 114. Judging from the set up I'm thinking the sides of the stadium will provide a better view of everything than sitting on either end. But that's just my opinion. It should be an interesting weekend no matter where we end up sitting just because of the fact that it's WrestleMania, it's a New Jersey, New York and Philly crowd which I really hope the Honey Boo Boo rumors turn out to be false because to put that in front of such a hostile crowd at WrestleMania would be horrible.

I can't even say anything to my family at the moment because two of them won't know we're going until Christmas morning. That Wii U that's not the big gift, you're going to WrestleMania 29, the Hall of Fame and 2 days of Fan Axxess. That's gonna blow their minds.:)

As one Vince McMahon would say, there is NO chance in hell of this happening. Firstly, having wrestlemania in two parts is a dumb idea because it means making people wait longer and spend more money on either attending live or buying the PPV.

Also, It isn't just a little bit extra to pay, It's something 55 bucks in the US. Tickets are very expensive so, if a fan is going to pay two to five hundred bucks for one ticket, then people are going to want to see the whole show which is 4 hours. They don't want to see the show being split up into 2 parts.

Finaly, Wrestlemania is an american show. I don't think that they want to hold WWE's biggest event yet outside from the US. I am not saying that the UK doesn't deserve a wrestlemania but the chances of it happening are very slim. I know the UK fans are optimistic about having one of the big four outside the US, but from a business standpoint, it makes no sense what so ever.

There have been rumours about them potentially holding Wrestlemania 30 in New Orleans at the mercdeses benz superdome.

Makes no sense from a business standpoint? You mad or something? Holding a major PPV in Britain opens them up to an entirely new market. There are close to 800 million people living in europe, nearly 3 times the population of the US. The european union allows all of these people unrestricted travel to other EU nations, meaning that the WWE has a massive potential audience of people who would die at the chance to see the show. From purely a business standpoint, it makes much more sense to hold the event in Europe than it does America; bigger target audience, with fans whose chances to see live shows are severely limited to occasional european road shows. Will it happen any time soon? Unlikely. But to say it makes no sense just smacks of typical yank ignorance to the wider world. Wrestlemania is broadcast around the planet, it isnt just an American phenomenon.

Summerslam 92 was held at Wembley Stadium (The Old Wembley before they they knocked it down and started over) This event drew 70-80 thousand. I think this attendance sits in the top 5 Attendances for a WWE Event of all time.

I like the idea of a 2 part show, with one in the UK and one in the US. I think WWE could pull it off. They obviously would need all those huge stars to achieve it. (Austin , Rock, Taker, Lesnar, HHH, and special appearences from HBK, and Bret etc)

The whole event could even be billed as a double Main Event, with a Main-Event at each venue.

46096s.gif

I've already got my travel package purchased so I know I'll be somewhere in the 100 level which are probably better than floor seats since we'll be above the people holding up signs. The problem with floor seats is all the people who want to hold up their sign or stand the entire time. When we went to Smackdown! in 2004 the constant chant was "put the f'ing sign down" and got to the point that the back few rows on the floor ended up standing on their chairs just to see the end of the show. So unless you're going first 5 or 6 rows floor seats usually don't give a good view if you get a sign obsessed crowd.

For decent seats expect to pay anywhere between $300-$600 and avoid the $35-$75 level if at all possible since those seats were the ones placed behind the Titantron in the nose bleeds last year so you're better off watching from home if you want to see anything. The 300 level will probably be a little difficult to see from depending on the ring lights. If you're above the lights it's a pretty shitty night. 200 level you might have an okay view depending on the actual seats.

Tickets are likely to go fast tomorrow so you might want to scout out a few locations beforehand to see what you feel like would be the optimal location for what you can afford and just pray they don't put a huge palm tree in front of you like they did to people last year.

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/new_meadowlands/

The ring will most likely be where the NFL logo is so I'm hoping for section 112, 113 or 114. Judging from the set up I'm thinking the sides of the stadium will provide a better view of everything than sitting on either end. But that's just my opinion. It should be an interesting weekend no matter where we end up sitting just because of the fact that it's WrestleMania, it's a New Jersey, New York and Philly crowd which I really hope the Honey Boo Boo rumors turn out to be false because to put that in front of such a hostile crowd at WrestleMania would be horrible.

I can't even say anything to my family at the moment because two of them won't know we're going until Christmas morning. That Wii U that's not the big gift, you're going to WrestleMania 29, the Hall of Fame and 2 days of Fan Axxess. That's gonna blow their minds.:)

I already got my tickets, and it's in the 338 section, I hope they are okay, since they are lined up straight with the ring. I could've gotten decent seats in the 126 section yesterday, but opted to pay half the price, since I wasn't sure if my friends would put forth as much money as I'm willing to pay. 90 bucks/ticket. Can't wait!!!!

They've had two Wrestlemanias in Toronto thus far, so it's shouldn't be assumed that they want to keep it strictly in the US. In addition, the two Wrestlemanias were probably two of the best ones that they have ever produced, from a main-event perspective.

Rock vs. Hogan
Warrior vs. Hogan

The main problem with the UK would be the time zone difference. Playing a live event there at 8PM would equate to a broadcast at 3PM EST & 12PM PST. This is likely to affect US sales, which is the bread and butter of the WWE.

As for who is worthy enough to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29, definitely CM Punk The Best In The World and here is why:

Because Punk has been carrying the WWE as its champion for 300+ days and he has pretty much been the face of WWE even being on a video game cover and he has aligned himself with Paul Heyman, and he is always yammering on about respect

So why not have him face The Deadman, and by ending the streak he would get even more heat on him but also he would gain the respect of everyone in that locker room

I am another fan who thinks the streak should end. The rub that it would give the person ending it is just to good to pass up. It would not hurt the Undertaker in the least if he were to lose a match at Mania. It is almost silly to think that after the career that the Undertaker had that it would hurt him to lose. My top two choice are CM Punk and John Cena. Cena for the face that if they chose the heel route with him he would get nuclear heat for taking out the Undertaker at Mania. It would be huge. If CM Punk were to hold the title all the way to Mania and was still doing the respect story then what better way to solidify that by beating Taker at Mania. How much more respect could you get that that. I firmly believe that Taker will want the streak to end before he hangs up the boots, and the amount of momentum the person that did it would gain from it is way to good of a thing to pass up.

I do not like the idea of having Mania at 2 separate locations. It didn't work for Mania 2 and I don't think it would go over well now either. I think they should have them in other countries once in a while though. The ones in Toronto went over really well, and it is always a great crowd. I was really hopinig they would keep tradition and have Mania 30 in Madison Square Garden. I was going to go if that were the case, but with 29 being in NY/NJ I don't think that is going to happen. I really want to see Taker vs Cena or Punk this year with the possibility of the streak ending. I wrote this in another thread that the rub that the star ending the streak would get is to great to pass up. I am looking forward to Mania this year as always, and I will speculate on the card when it gets a little closer.

Ryback to end the streak at WM30? WTF?! The man has NO mic skills, and knows 2 moves, just because he's the type of wrestler Vince McMahon gets a hard on for, doesn't mean he's anywhere near worthy of pissing in the Undertaker's pot much less beating him at Mania.

I think it should end and it should end this year to be honest.

Let's be honest, Undertaker will never be fully retired until he loses at Wrestlemania and every Wrestlemania he doesn't wrestle on will be a letdown until that streak is gone. We will always expect him to show up and defend it. The whole thing is overshadowing every Wrestlemania at this stage.

The biggest match they could possibly build for Mania is a streak vs streak match between still champ CM Punk and Undertaker. This could be one you could really plant a seed of doubt in the fans' minds about Taker staying undefeated because would they really let him win the title when he's a 1 match per year guy now? I'm in love with the idea of this match. Hope it happens, and I think they will be opponents at Mania, just not for the strap. I think Rock wins at the Rumble and drops it to Cena at Mania. They'll let him carry the belt around for 3 months on his movie promoting tour and hope it helps buyrates for Mania.

The last five years we have seen some high profile matches at WrestleMania including Flair/Michaels at Mania 24, Michaels/Taker at Mania 25, Michaels/Taker at Mania 26, Taker/HHH at Mania 27, and Taker/HHH AND Rock/Cena at Mania 28. So now I am wondering what you all think could be the next BELIEVABLE high profile match up we could see at future WrestleMania’s. I have two in mind:

The Rock vs Shawn Michaels:
Even though Shawn Michaels has been a man of his word for two years he has been an occasional personality on WWE television during the road to WrestleMania without wrestling. He has other things going on in his life like his hunting show and his hunting brand as well, but some people believe that Shawn Michaels retired too early in his career because of the fact that he could still go in the ring and he was still drawing fans as well. His last two matches he had with Undertaker at WrestleMania were classics. Shawn Michaels was still keeping up with the younger guys in the ring. I believe if given the right storyline, the right amount of money, the right schedule, and the right opponent then he would be open to doing ONE MORE MATCH, but not only one more match, but a dream match that would sell big time. The Rock has had his big marquee match against John Cena his next three could range from CM Punk, to Brock Lesnar, and even Undertaker. Now, I am saying Shawn Michaels. These are two of the biggest superstars in WWE history we have never seen face off one on one before and what better way than to do it on the Biggest Stage of them All, WrestleMania? I believe this match could still happen. They always say in wrestling, “Never say never”.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs CM Punk:
Most people were made to believe that this match would happen at WrestleMania 29, but for now it does not seem like it will. There has been some teasing going on between the two exchanging words on social media and recently Punk taking it to his interviews saying he would like to Wrestle Austin, but referred to him as, “that one guy”. Steve Austin said if he could have one match with any superstar in WWE now it would be CM Punk. At this point I do believe we will see a Punk/Austin match EVENTUALLY, but it will be on Austin’s terms whenever it does happen. This will be a match that everyone will want to see. Many people would say like John Cena is The Rock of this generation, CM Punk is the Stone Cold of this generation. The comparison may be a controversial statement, but it is not far off. The storyline is there, these two are building the tension for the fans to want to see the match, and no doubt the ONE NIGHT ONLY return to the WWE ring of Steve Austin at WrestleMania to face, “The Best in the World” CM Punk would sell tremendously.

I believe that Austin and Michaels will be willing to do one more match if the timing is right. I believe these two matches would sell WrestleMania big time. I believe that these two could wrestle ONE match, preserve their health, and in the long run make a lot of fans happy, but also make themselves happy with a big Mania check. Now, I would like to say that the matches DO NOT have to include a Hall of Fame/Legend superstar the matches can include current WWE talent as well, but if we are talking high profile/main event matches then just keep that in mind. So what do you think?

- What BELIEVABLE high profile/main event match up at WrestleMania could you see happening in the future?
- Why do you believe that this match could happen still happen?

lets assume the Goldberg signing the legends deal with wwe is 100% true. Then there is a chance we could see Austin vs Goldberg
It wouldnt have nearly the same steam as it might have at WM20 if Austin were able to wrestle. but the story could be compelling to watch. If Austin were to come out only to have goldberg spear him leading into a wrestlemania match it would be awesome.

Lesnar/Austin - With the way lesnar was portrayed during the triple h feud it could work.

Now that Brock Lesnar is back in the WWE (part-time) we've only seen him wrestle two times. The first time against John Cena in a No Holds Barred match at the Extreme Rules pay per-view in a lost in his WWE return match. And against Triple H at Summerslam where Brock Lesnar came out with the victory over the game. Now Brock's contract with the WWE is over the day after Wrestlemania 29, unless he re-sign's with the company with a long deal with more money.

But between now and WM 29, who would you want to see Brock Lesnar take on next? My answer, "the viper" Randy Orton! Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton have a past going back to their days in OVW. So they've wrestled before many times. But that was then and this is now. Now what if plans changed for Lesnar going towards Wrestlemania as to who he would be facing. Randy Orton would make for a good choice!

Just think about it? Unless Triple H still wants to avenge his lost to Lesnar??

Chances are because of the lack of dates remaining on Lesners contract all we will most likely see him do is have a program with Taker at wrestlemania.

If he does sign an extention I'm not sure Orton would really be someone to put him into a match with. As it stands Lesner seems more like he is their to give closure to a lot of questions left at the time he left. Back then people knew their was a story between him and Cena due to the injury he gave Cena that completely reshaped Cena's character when he came back. Their was a understood story in the fans eyes between him and Triple H as it seemed Triple H was avoiding Lesner on RAW while Lesner was on Smackdown, and Triple H even got the World title handed to him by Bisheof instead of having to actually fight for it.

Lastly their has been back stage, as well as confrontations at MMA events between Taker and Lesner. Taker really did a lot of put over Lesner as the next big thing and then Lesner took his ball and left which didn't sit well with Taker. Taker confronted him at an MMA event with a short "you wanna do this" and that was all that was really needed to get people buzzing for that match. It's really the final thing left for him.

All that said if after that is done they still keep him I'm thinking they will really need more dates that this year to make it worth while in terms of storyline. He will need time to build up fueds and story from scratch and then allow them to develop over the course of a series of matches not just a single match here and their to settle what had already been built several years ago. If by some chance they can get this out of him then I wouldn't mind seeing him vs Orton, or Punk, or Sheamus, or really any of the people WWE have been working on this past year. If Brock isn't willing to put in the time for these kinds of stories though then WWE should just cut ties with him and not even bother.

I think lesner vs orton coud be good, but not at WrestleMania 29. Maybe summerslam 2013, orton needs a high profile math and hasn't been in a world title match at WrestleMania since 25, where he lost to hhh. IMO he needs to face Sheamus, beat him and get the title back.

Don't count on Orton vs. Lesnar to come about anytime soon, if ever. As another poster mentioned, as well as what's been mentioned in numerous reports, Lesnar doesn't have all that many appearance dates left in his current deal. I don't know if this is accurate but, according to one report, Lesnar only has about a dozen or so left.

The WWE is going to keep Lesnar off television until it's WrestleMania season. One of the chief reasons they signed Lesnar to the type of deal he has is so they can use him as a special attraction to help jack up buys for ppvs he appears on and to help pop an occasional rating for Raw. It's worked as both Extreme Rules & SummerSlam did significantly better buys this year than last year.

Lesnar is a special attraction, it's really the best WWE could do as Lesnar is someone that has no interest in working anything approaching even a part time deal really. That's one reason why he joined UFC. He'd show up once every six months, or longer, fight a fight, collect a huge paycheck and then disappear for another six months.

WWE wants to use Lesnar to help jack up the WM buyrate next year, so I don't see them putting him against Orton. I see WWE ultimately putting Lesnar against either Triple H in a SummerSlam rematch, going after The Undertaker to end the streak or possibly taking on Ryback in a sort of clash of monsters type of thing. I think either three would be a bigger draw than Lesnar vs. Orton quite frankly. On top of all that, allegedly, WWE plans to turn Orton heel at some point.

At the end of the day, I don't think it's in the cards. If WWE keeps Orton face, then I can see a possible feud between them if Lesnar ultimately signs another deal with WWE similar to the one he currently has.

... Lesnar doesn't have all that many appearance dates left in his current deal.

Kind of a mixed blessing, no? We're frustrated by the notion that there are so few times we get to see Brock, yet the limited number of appearances keeps him "fresh" and probably jacks up the buy-rate because he's such a rare commodity. If he had contracted for 100 appearances during the year, we wouldn't be as excited at the prospect of what he's going to be doing at WM.

While the current WWE superstars might resent the hell out of Brock's deal, the fact that an exception to the company's usual hiring policies has been made might open the door to people like Sting or Kurt Angle coming in the future. Neither wants to work a full schedule and Brock's deal proves that Vince McMahon can be persuaded to work special deals for special performers. As I said.....a mixed blessing.

Meanwhile, given the extremely low number of appearances by Brock, I don't see Randy Orton as being one of his opponents. He's important to the company, but not a big enough draw to warrant sending him against Brock Lesnar. Not while guys like Cena, Punk and Undertaker are available.

I would love to see Orton vs Lesnar at WM. Orton could bring back the legend killer gimmick, but I doubt it happens unfortunately it looks like they are setting up HHH vs Lesnar part 2.

Lesnar vs Undertaker would be the biggest possible WM draw out of all potential opponents for Brock imo. Brock already worked with Cena. Other than Taker I think Orton and Punk are the only two guys that are left that could be a realistic opponents for Brock.

After seeing their Summerslam match, I dont think Triple H vs Brock part 2 would be a bigger draw than Punk or Orton wrestling Brock.

Kind of a mixed blessing, no? We're frustrated by the notion that there are so few times we get to see Brock, yet the limited number of appearances keeps him "fresh" and probably jacks up the buy-rate because he's such a rare commodity. If he had contracted for 100 appearances during the year, we wouldn't be as excited at the prospect of what he's going to be doing at WM.

I agree, you see Cena, Orton, Punk, Sheamus etc wrestle every week on tv. They wrestle so often that I think it does hurt ppv buys. Orton recently wrestled 3 times on tv in a week on Raw, Main Event and Smackdown. When you see Taker, Rock, Lesnar wrestle once or twice a year. They will absolutely raise ppv buys. They are nostalgia acts and fans get excited to see them again.

I think their is negative too. They get so much attention leading up to the ppv and then they just leave for months after the Raw following the ppv. I think that hurts the product. Do people really care anymore that Brock made Triple H tap out or broke Shawn Michaels arm?

I agree, you see Cena, Orton, Punk, Sheamus etc wrestle every week on tv. They wrestle so often that I think it does hurt ppv buys.

Makes you think of how the wrestling business has changed. Twenty years ago, pretty much all we saw on TV were matches between a star vs. a jobber; there was never a question as to who would win. It's what we were used to, so we accepted it, yet didn't we wish we could see more competitive matches on free TV?

In the 90's, we got what we wanted.....matches between stars on regular TV, and we didn't know in advance how they would turn out. Problem was, that concept made pay-per-view matches less special, making them a tougher sell for the wrestling company.

Take a match we saw on TV a week ago: Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett.

Doesn't sound that exciting, does it?

Well, twenty years ago, that would have been a PPV match. Today, we think nothing of seeing it on cable.

Really, WWE does an amazing job it's never given credit for because of these changes we've gotten used to: they're able to make the PPV an attractive buy even though we might see the same match on the regular TV program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back