All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like the way your going, but I would rather have this for a legitimate title. That being said, maybe by this time, one of these superstars will be the US Champ. I believe just adding an Internet Championship is kind of bogus and kind of puts championship belt legitimacy even further in the hole. I mean, you saw how long it took them to recover with the tag belts as they have kind of returned to prominence with a meaning again, but bogus championships don't belong, so hopefully this is for the US Title.

Personally, I think that if they do have this match at WM29 as they agreed to on Z!TLI then it'll probably be something backstage just for the show rather than as part of the actual WM event. Just because it isn't really a WWE championship it's the show's internet championship and I don't think anyone in WWE would even consider it. Though if they do, do it in a ring backstage at WM or somewhere else I think we'll all enjoy watching it.

Ok I no that it's pretty much forever away ( just under two years) but it's never two early to think about it . So what I'm asking what matches would you like to see at the thirtieth anniversary of wrestlemania? Another rock dream match ? Undertakers last match? It's up to you , what do you want to see?

It has to be IMO Taker vs Kane.
A career ender for both.
I would like to see a match called... Career or streak for taker. If taker wins his streak is alive but his career ends, if he loses his streak ends but his career continues. Also i would have paul bearer included in the storyline. It would be compelling Tv and i would have it as kane's last match aswell. As for other wrestlers I would go Punk vs Austin and maybe Ziggler vs Bryan vs Rhodes for the unifed wwe title. And a MITB i also wouldn't overload the PPV. Have like 6 matches. the 4 i mentioned then maybe add Orton vs cena 1 final time with cena as a heel. and maybe Rock put over a young guy.

Wrestlemania 30? Fuck that shit. We need to be thinking about Wrestlemania 32. It's an odd number.

Why the fuck can't you just wait for 29 before you start thinking about 30?

I thought I would bring it up that the Vikings Stadium just passed and is expected to be a state of the art facilty. It is expected to open by the 2016 Season meaning that we could potentially host Wrestlemania 33 in 2017.

Do you think this is a realistic goal for MN? By 2017 it is expected that our state will have a new stadium, a renovated Target Center and we have a convention center?

Is it too late for Brock Lesnar to have a heros welcome in MN? Not since AWA WrestleRock has MN had an opportunity to host such a large wrestling event.

Thoughts?

Simply put no. Why in the hell would wwe want to have their biggest event in minnesota? Minnrsota not a very attractive tourist destination. Your all over the place with the stadium and then you randomly bring up brock lesnar wtf.

Brock Lesnar lives in Minnesota!! Why wouldn't it make sense for him to have a Wrestlemania in MN in front of the hometown fans.

Also the stadium that we will have has an estimated bill of 975 Million!! Not to mention we elected a Governor that was a PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER.

EVER HEARD OF THE AWA it was one of the biggest wrestling companies in the United States during the 1980's and the base of todays WWE owes big time to the AWA.

John Cena's T-Shirt from 2010 pays tribute to this company. Seriously you need to think about your words in dissing this great state of MN a state that Professional Wrestling was built on!

Weather in Minnesota isn't that great in April. The only real tourist spot the Twin Cities has, that I can think of off the top of my head, is the Mall of America. I could be wrong though, since I live in northern MN, haha.

Brock Lesnar lives in Minnesota!! Why wouldn't it make sense for him to have a Wrestlemania in MN in front of the hometown fans.
Because it's not the hometown fans that shill out money for the expensive tickets, it's the people that fly in from around the country and drop several grand on hotels and entertainment. When I think of entertainment destinations, Minnesota has the Dakotas to thank for not making them the least desirable place in the country.

Wrestlemania used to be in shitty places like Hartford. Not anymore.
Also the stadium that we will have has an estimated bill of 975 Million!! Not to mention we elected a Governor that was a PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER.
Sounds like you guys got taken. You elected a governor who used to be a professional wrestler? OK, now what does that have to do with getting the WWE to agree to stage their largest yearly event in the middle of nowhere?
EVER HEARD OF THE AWA it was one of the biggest wrestling companies in the United States during the 1980's and the base of todays WWE owes big time to the AWA.

John Cena's T-Shirt from 2010 pays tribute to this company. Seriously you need to think about your words in dissing this great state of MN a state that Professional Wrestling was built on!
Which has absolutely what do with with hosting an entertainment event? Great, you guys like professional wrestling. Great, the AWA used to be centered in the area. What does that have to do with putting on a successful entertainment event which draws the most amount of money possible?

When I think of a top-of-the-list event location, Minnesota doesn't make the C-list. Flying into Minneapolis to see Wrestlemania and- what else, watch the Timberwolves? Yeah, sure makes Miami, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles look unattractive.

I don't think the weather would be an issue for this time in April.

Besides Mall of America which the WWE could benefit greatly from using there we have the following:

Minneapolis Convention Center/Mall of America for WWE Access.

A renovated Target Center which would host WWE Hall of Fame and the Raw after.

Target Center has hosted Summerslam 1999, Judgment Day 2005, and Bragging Rights just recently, as well as the major confrontation between HHH and Undertaker this year.

Indianapolis, Detroit, and Chicago have hosted with Indianapolis and Canada potentially in the running for a future Wrestlemania and have similar weather issues as Minnesota should not be an issue.

Now that the Stadium has cleared the major hurdles this will no doubt be the most updated and state of the art facility and will have a roof on it. I forsee no issues.

Yeah so what that Brock Lesnar is from minnesota he won't even be with wwe that long for it to matter. You said mania 33 if im correct whats that another 5 plus years? And lesnar will still be working with wwe? Yeah right. I wasn't dissing minnesota just stating facts that their are tons of places that come before minnesota for hosting mania.

Because it's not the hometown fans that shill out money for the expensive tickets, it's the people that fly in from around the country and drop several grand on hotels and entertainment. When I think of entertainment destinations, Minnesota has the Dakotas to thank for not making them the least desirable place in the country.

Wrestlemania used to be in shitty places like Hartford. Not anymore.

Sounds like you guys got taken. You elected a governor who used to be a professional wrestler? OK, now what does that have to do with getting the WWE to agree to stage their largest yearly event in the middle of nowhere?

Which has absolutely what do with with hosting an entertainment event? Great, you guys like professional wrestling. Great, the AWA used to be centered in the area. What does that have to do with putting on a successful entertainment event which draws the most amount of money possible?

When I think of a top-of-the-list event location, Minnesota doesn't make the C-list. Flying into Minneapolis to see Wrestlemania and- what else, watch the Timberwolves? Yeah, sure makes Miami, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles look unattractive.

What the hell are you smoking? This is a new building and it's about giving a city that will have a new state of the art building. Where are you from? Do you want me to name the major events that we've hosted in the past?

In the future we will host everything that those cities have hosted and it's been supported, who cares if it comes from other states let them come! What makes your city so special?

If WWE does a Wrestlemania in MN the state will have to make it worth WWE's time. These days cities bid over having Mania and I doubt MN is going to be looking to give WWE any tax payer money or major concessions when they just funded a stadium. Also isn't the Metro dome (current stadium) roofed so Mania in MN has always been a possibility.

What the hell are you smoking? This is a new building and it's about giving a city that will have a new state of the art building. Where are you from? Do you want me to name the major events that we've hosted in the past?
Yeah. Everyone has a state-of-the-art stadium these days. Minneapolis is ten years behind the trend on that one.

So you've hosted major events in the past? Great, the past is the past, and we are in the now. Right now, no one can name a thing to do in Minneapolis in April off of the tops of their heads. We've got Timberwolves and the Mall of America so far, which I suppose is great if I'm a sixteen year-old girl.
In the future we will host everything that those cities have hosted and it's been supported, who cares if it comes from other states let them come! What makes your city so special?
It's not about "letting" them come. So far as I know, no state puts up a sign at their borders that says "take your money and turn around". It's about convincing them to come. My city kind of sucks, but I'm under no illusions that we're about to host a Wrestlemania just because a few idiot politicians gave insane amounts of money to build a sports stadium. (Yeah, we did that- ten years ago. It's pretty state-of-the-art.)

However, I'm not comparing my city to Minneapolis. I'm comparing Minneapolis to New York, to Boston, to New Orleans, to Miami, to Los Angeles, to Dallas, to places people actually want to visit. I don't think I have to make a poll here to see if people would rather go to Miami or Minneapolis. I'd take Indianapolis, Detroit, and Chicago in a heartbeat over Minneapolis, which is apparently good enough to host the WWE's B-level events once every several years.

Firstly i don't really like predicting upcoming Fueds and Storylines. WWE always produce the Unpredictable from what the IWC predict is going to happen. However there is an interesting Triple Threat Scenario developing between John Cena, The Rock and Brock Lesnar.

My idea is a Triple Threat match between the three superstars at Wrestlemania 29.

Now for this to work out efficiently, The Rock would have to return before next years Wrestlemania. Lets say The Rock returns around Survivor Series and is booked into a match with Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series. The result of the Match is a Clean win for Brock over The Rock.

Now take a look at the matches between the three of them in 2012 (if the match was booked) :

Wrestlemania 28: The Rock beat John Cena by Pinfall
Extreme Rules : John Cena beat Brock Lesnar by Pinfall
Survivor Series: Brock Lesnar beat The Rock by Pinfall

Each Superstar is at 1 win and 1 loss over 2 matches each. In my opinion this would create a neat pattern in the outcome of the matches making the three men truly matched with each other. After Survivor Series WWE could ram it down our throats (like they did with Cena/Rock at WM28) Showing small clips of all three matches as part of the hype and Build. Cole and Lawler could blab on for weeks to help build it. For example "John Cena sufferered a Heartbreaking loss to The Rock at Wrestlemania" and "Cena bounced back with a big win over The Ass Kicker" and "The Rock made his return only to be upset by The Ass Kicker"

With each guy claiming a win AND a loss in this Trio of matches i think it would make for some great segments on Raw. We know Rock and Cena can talk and Heyman could be Lesnar's voice perhaps. They can Gloat about thier Victories but then be shut down from thier losses. A Title could even be added to the match like "Once in a Lifetime" at WM28. I don't know something like "The Ultimate Showdown"

The Rock said before he left again he wanted to return and claim the WWE Title. The Strap could also be at stake as Cena or Lesnar could carry the belt into the match. If it was for the WWE Title it would be Huge.

There are good and bad aspects to this idea,

The Good

-The Match could be bigger and draw bigger than Cena v Rock at WM28

The Bad

-Fans would be pissed off again that Rock and Lesnar are stealing Spotlight from the likes of Punk and shutting out younger talent from the biggest stage
-With Rock/Lesnar only making Part-Time appearences Hyping it could be tough
-3 huge stars in one match at WM would cripple the undercard
-Would one of these three be better off in The Taker Streak match?

There are probably more good and bad things i havn't mentioned. It probably won't go down like this but i think it would be damn cool if it did.

Thoughts?

I think it could very well be possible to build this feud going into wrestlemania, but it would not be a show stealer or hurt the other matches. They usually only like to have 3 solid matches booked on the card.

Think about this scenerio.... Not only do you have a Triple threat with Brock vs Rock vs Cena but you also have....

Austin vs Punk.... The beer drinker vs the Straight Edge. Angle for this is Austin accidently costing Punk the wwe championship being a Special Referee in a Royal Rumble match vs Brock Lesnar. Punk goes nuts after the match, turning on Austin setting up the Match.

Also.... even better! The Undertaker returns to defend the streak at wrestlemania and does an open challenge!!!
They book a storyline similiar to Miz last year where Sheamus is Held off the Card! Therefore, Sheamus comes out to Face the Undertaker! Sheamus Defeats the Undertaker after 3 Brogue Kicks, and the finish comes when he delivers a Celtic Cross from the Top Rope!!! Ironic how Undertaker is Crucified....but it get's better. After Undertake is defeated... Mystically things happen where the lightning happens, etc... lights go out, only for them to go back on, and Sheamus's eyes are rolled into the back of His Head with a Undertaker Cloak On and Druid Hat!! and Undertaker Lays MotionLess in the Ring. Thus Making Sheamus's Character extremely Reenergized and Fresh and Great for year's to come!!! passing the torch, and the Undertaker getting to his feet, explaining his loss of Power to Sheamus and that He will never Rest in Peace!

As far as the rest of the talent.... Well, it's wrestlemania folks... Use the Bragging right's angle...lol

ps....now that's what you call booking wwe creative

In the latest edition of WWE Magazine (cover-dated June 2012), WWE's "The Informer" character teases an Olympics tie-in to the WrestleMania 30 location. The text reads: "WM29 is locked in for N.J./N.Y., but plans are underway for the 30th Show of Shows. The location? Let's just say it's a city of 'Olympic' proportions."

Either LA or the Great Montreal Stadium.

Why? Toronto has been bidding, but it's not big enough for WM 30. But WWE wants to get back and hold a WM in Canada. Only problem is, it only holds around 80,000.

Why LA? Vince loves LA and since it holds almost 100,000 vince would definitely go with it. He wouldn't mind have the PPV at 4 P.M..

The Cowboys stadium would be another big contender. They love Vince because they know that he can sell out arenas. 100,000+ attendance as well.

You guys don't realize just how big WM 30 is gonna be.

I just hope the card is good.

It could be Wembley stadium in London as london is hosting the olympics this year. Also its the landmark 30th wrestlemania and having wm in England would be huge

I'd prefer they held 30 in MSG but it'll be dollars over tradition I guess. I could see Vince going back to the venue originally planned for WrestleMania VII so he can break III's record at a landmark Mania.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/255205-wwe-teasing-wrestlemania-30-location

In the latest edition of WWE Magazine for June of 2012, there is a teaser of where WrestleMania 30 could possibly take place.

WWE's "The Informer"character writes "WM29 is locked in for N.J./N.Y., but plans are underway for the 30th Show of Shows. The location? Let's just say it's a city of 'Olympic' proportions."

The summer Olympics are taking place this summer in London.

Really? Something tells me it's more likely to be Atlanta. Sorry but the weather over here in early April is usually worse than terrible! If it's not snowing it will be raining! Wembley stadium, whilst impressive, DOESN'T have a fully retractable roof, it only covers the seating areas, not the playing surface. Unless WWE are planning to cover the remaining surface themselves temporarily (which would cost an ridiculous sum) I can't see it happening!

The olympic stadium doesn't have a roof and as far as I'm aware no-one has plans to build a stadium with a roof on it anytime soon! The Millenium Stadium would work but it's in Cardiff, in Wales, not London!

Ok so they could go to the 02 arena but why sell out 20,000 (or whatever it holds) when Wembley in August could hold 90,000+? Yes that is my hint to WWE! Please bring SummerSlam back to the UK ;)

Anyone else got any wise ideas on this or are WWE just throwing random hints out to throw us from the face their really going to Madison Square Garden :p

Yeah, I know even though I know it's probably not London, there's still a huge part of me who wants it to be there! This would be a once in a lifetime for us over here in the UK! All that I know is that if London is confirmed I'm gonna try saving some money up ASAP!

Like I said, it's still a long shot, but lets face it, this would be one of the proudest moments for all British marks, to go to the big one...

Still, having said that, I hear it could also mean Atlanta, at the same time though I doubt they would go straight back to HOTlanta again... Maybe there's a 3rd place which people haven't thought of, but at this moment in time London is the more likely of the two (IMO).

LA had the olympics in 1984 so it could mean that and they could have the event at the rose bowl.

montreal and vancouver both hosted the olympics but i find it hard to believe a mania held in canada wouldnt be in skydome in toronto.

atlanta was three years ago so theres no way it will be there.

Montreal would be pretty rad as the Big O is a perfect venue.

I'm wondering if Toronto or New York can still be a possibility as they have held the Paralympics before. I don't really see it going to Atlanta after only 3 yrs but they have come back to the state of Florida, NY and Texas within a decade before and have done back to back at Trump Plaza so who knows what they might do. One thing's for sure we might actually get a confirmed venue sooner than usual for this milestone mania.

As an Englishman it is wishful thinking they mean London! not sure why people are crying about it not having a roof? I am pretty sure WWE are capable of building a Canopy to protect the walk way and the ring!!! As for the fans...well what do they do at Stadium Concerts that time of year? You just get wet....simples.

The time difference is also a major issue, it would hurt PPV buys but they could start the show later on UK time to appease the American audience. I suppose transport then becomes a problem as well.

Finally, it would be the biggest Wrestlemania of all time regardless, but London would make it even bigger. Well over 100,000 fans would descend! Maybe Wade Barrett will be main event by then and can win a Title in front of his countrymen.

Wishful thinking, probably be Toronto or Atlanta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back