• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Am I missing it or is there no thread on this yet? According to wrestlezone the locations for both WM29 and WM30 have been revealed. If the report is true WM29 will take place at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey and WM30 will take place at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas.

First WM29. I don’t know if there is a confirmed date but my guess is it will take place on March 31. I think the natural first reaction is to worry about the weather. It could be pretty cold in Jersey that time of year and MetLife Stadium is an open air stadium. I wouldn’t have guessed mania would go to an open air stadium in a cold weather city. It could be uncomfortable for the fans and the performers. I suppose if fans are willing to attend football games in November and December attending mania in late March would not be a big deal. As for the performers I guess they could put up with 20-30 minutes (at most) of cold weather for the big pay day. They’ll probably be too focused on their match to think about it. Let’s just hope it doesn’t rain. Also, there’s no reason to assume the worst. It could be 70 and sunny.

I think as soon as Cowboys Stadium was built most wrestling fans figured it would only be a matter of time before Vince brought mania back to Texas. It’s a logical venue and the huge video screen will give a unique visual. I thought WWE would return to MSG for WM30 but obviously drawing a huge house is more important than returning to MSG every ten years.

What do you think of these choices? Keep in mind this is reported on wrestlezone and not wwe.com so take it for what it’s worth.

If this is true, then I don`t understand. out of all the southern stadiums that don`t have a roof and usually have decent weather by late March or early April, why go up north and risk having horrible weather conditions and giving half the WWE roster possible pnemonia. I thought Dallas would be the site for Mania 29 and MSG for Mania 30 but I guess I`m wrong. So if it is true I would just like to know why up north at that time of year in a stadium without a roof. If it had a roof then it be fine, but no roof at that time of year doesn`t make any sense to me.

I was suprised that Toronto wasent chosen and not for the fact that im from T.O. The Rogers centre there (formally Skydome) can hold up to 80,000 without floor seating. It also has a retractable dome if the weather is bad. Like Toronto held one of the biggest Wrestlemania matches ever (Hulk vs Rock). Plus if they were smart, they would have waited a year and inducted Edge at home and even maybe induct Trish aswell!

basically the reason its in the metlife stadium is vinces ego. He wants the football guys to kiss his ass when HE is the first to hold a major event in the stadium. I have no problem with this especially since i live about 5-10 minutes away. But that is the reason.

The article said that WM is only going to be at sports stadiums only starting at WM 29. If that's the case I have two requests for stadiums. Wrigley Field and Fenway Park. I'm from the New England area and I'm a Red Sox fan. I'm a Cubs fan too. There already have been Winter Classics in those two stadiums why not WM. If WM is in New Jersey in March/April why not in Boston or Chicago?

taking nothing away from the people where the wrestlemania's are being held but why would you hold a wrestling event somewhere that did not have a roof and when its still cold, sure you could put a tent like structure above the ring, what are your wrestlers and Divas going to do come to the rings in snow suits and snow shoes, will it be the first snow ball fight match, well at least if they get throw off the stage they will land in a pile of snow but seriously, I do not recall any wrestlemania that was ever held somewhere with no roof and in the cold months, they been either somewhere warm or with a roof to

To also read your taking wrestlemania away from Maidson Square gardens, that was the home and birth of wrestlemania 1 and it was almost like a tradition every 10 years being held their if I can remember, 1, 10 and 20 was held there if I am correct, now your going to only hold them in stadium and not area's, wow

All I can say is at least I will be watching it in the comfort of my home where its warm, dry and no chance of snow or rain :O)

Wonder what happen to it being held in Toronto for wrestlemania 29 or 30th, guess it fell threw glad Edge is being inducted now then waiting till next year cause it being in his home town would of been something.

All I can say is Vince is really taking a chance with an open roof event like this, even if the place sells out for tickets, they make money on the merchandise etc, if the fans ended up staying home because of weather, say I don't know a snow storm that blankets the who stadium, they will loose money cause people are not going to show up and brave the cold if they have kids, kids who are going to be bitching about its cold and if they are sick no parent in their right mind will put their kids threw this, sure if it was indoors or covered over thats one thing but if they are expected to sit in a snow storm or the cold in general.

some will say well people sit threw the superbowl in all types of weather, yes they do but its played on a field, wrestlers are doing top rope moves and so on, they are risking them slipping and getting hurt etc.

Going to be interesting to see how they can pull this off when their wrestlers and divas come to the ring, guys who wrestle with just shorts on and women in just a pair of shorts and a small top, what then ?

Woooooo! Wrestlemania 30 at JERRY WORLD!!

Right where it belongs!

Let's be honest. The TWO biggest egos in Sports Entertainment! Vince and Jerry Jones sitting side by side in Jerry World! HELL YES!!! :worship:

I've read different reports about this that have said that met life was shot down for wm30 because they want it at msg but hhh was at the giants practice the other day so who knows.
I think having it in cowboys stadium for 29 would be pretty cool, it'd be absolutely huge and the screen would be something else, however i think not having it at msg for wm 30 is pretty sucky not only because I'm from nyc its the fact that msg has been a big part of wwe and vince mcmahon and really help it with its exposure so having the 10 year tradition i thought was fair, but wwe is a business and it'd be better for business to have it at met life even though its always raining here around that time of year, but we'll see what happens

The WM30 one sounds like bullshit, sorry, it would seem obvious that they'll be hosting it at Madison Square Garden, since that's where they hold Wrestlemania every ten years to memorialize the first one. Remember how big a deal they made out of coming back to MSG for WM20? No way they don't do the same for WM30, no way man. I'm sure the new Cowboy stadium will host many future WWE events, but I don't think Wrestlemania 30 will be one of them.

I've read different reports about this that have said that met life was shot down for wm30 because they want it at msg but hhh was at the giants practice the other day so who knows.
I think having it in cowboys stadium for 29 would be pretty cool, it'd be absolutely huge and the screen would be something else, however i think not having it at msg for wm 30 is pretty sucky not only because I'm from nyc its the fact that msg has been a big part of wwe and vince mcmahon and really help it with its exposure so having the 10 year tradition i thought was fair, but wwe is a business and it'd be better for business to have it at met life even though its always raining here around that time of year, but we'll see what happens

It will not be better for business if people do not show up because of weather, WWE is suppose to be PG meaning family friendly, anyone with kids and common sense will not bring their kids somewhere where its cold and raining if it happens, that and the fact of tradition of every 10 years at the Gardens, they made good everytime at the Garden did they not,

While it does sound nice that WrestleMania 29 could possibly take place at Metlife Stadium, it doesn't seem very logical and would be a huge gamble. Keep in mind that area of NYC/NJ is still cold (although not freezing like February) around the beginning of April. It is understood that football does take place in the cold, but pro wrestling isn't meant to take place in the cold. There are possible scenarios for this type of problem.

1. Have the GMs of NY Giants and Jets respectively find a way to put a retractable roof at Metlife Stadium during the off season (Possible, but it comes with a hefty price tag)

2. Push WrestleMania to May (highely unlikely)

3. Have WrestleMania 29 somewhere else

These are my 2 cents. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Vince wants Wrestlemanmia in massive outdoor areans from now on, so MSG is off the map for future Manias unfortunately. The reason he having 29 in New York is to set an attendance record at the ground as it has yet to be used for a SuperBowl or some shit. As for Wrestlemania 30 in Texas, that certainly puts a dent in Austin wrestling Punk at next years Mania. But I see Taker retiring in Texas, going back to Death Valley or wherever kayfabe he is from these days

I hear reports coming out that MetLife isn't a guarantee for 29, and might be 30 instead. Just to keep that in mind.

WrestleMania in an open air, potentially cold weather stadium is certainly an odd choice and one that's definitely risky. Sure, football games are played in cold weather, but keep in mind that the wrestlers are wearing an awful lot less than football players. The fans would still turn out, more than likely, but it would be an unpleasant experience and the wrestlers would definitely be less than thrilled. They're certainly going to have to hope and pray for good weather that day, otherwise, they're in for some headaches.

A WrestleMania in Cowboys Stadium makes a lot of sense. It's enormous, and it's a guaranteed sellout. The WWE loves to head to the South of late, so it's all very logical. It will make for a nice payday for the WWE to boot. What is odd is that its rumored for 30. I'm also going to have to cast my doubts upon this one, and figure that it's more likely for 31 or 32. I really think 30 will be in MSG. Vince has already passed over the ticket sales once to do it at 20, I don't see why he wouldn't do it again to hold WrestleMania 30 in the most storied arena in the United States. I'll be disappointed, personally, if it isn't held in MSG, and surprised as well.

Why aren't they coming to Toronto, C'mon it's been 10 years now, since we had a Wrestlemania...And 6 years since we had a PPV, The last one being Unforgiven 2006.

I hear reports coming out that MetLife isn't a guarantee for 29, and might be 30 instead. Just to keep that in mind.

WrestleMania in an open air, potentially cold weather stadium is certainly an odd choice and one that's definitely risky. Sure, football games are played in cold weather, but keep in mind that the wrestlers are wearing an awful lot less than football players. The fans would still turn out, more than likely, but it would be an unpleasant experience and the wrestlers would definitely be less than thrilled. They're certainly going to have to hope and pray for good weather that day, otherwise, they're in for some headaches.

A WrestleMania in Cowboys Stadium makes a lot of sense. It's enormous, and it's a guaranteed sellout. The WWE loves to head to the South of late, so it's all very logical. It will make for a nice payday for the WWE to boot. What is odd is that its rumored for 30. I'm also going to have to cast my doubts upon this one, and figure that it's more likely for 31 or 32. I really think 30 will be in MSG. Vince has already passed over the ticket sales once to do it at 20, I don't see why he wouldn't do it again to hold WrestleMania 30 in the most storied arena in the United States. I'll be disappointed, personally, if it isn't held in MSG, and surprised as well.

Whatever....tradition smadition is what I say. You people need to stop living in the past. That's one of the main reasons many of you people don't enjoy wrestling today. Metlife stadium is a GREAT idea. Would give a buzz to Wrestlemania it hasn't had in years. Nobody wants to see wrestlemania take place in front of 800 people at the garden. Get over it.

Edges entry into the HOF makes sense this year now. I thought it was going to be Toronto next year, which would be ideal for Edge, but now that it is going to be somewhere else, he deserves to go in this year. I think they are both good venues. And as the brain said, if football can take place in the cold, so could wrestling.

All the nay sayers need to think clearly for a second. One person said that WWE is a family show so why would you take them to a potentially cold, rainy wrestlemania. Idk if said person knows this or not, but families go to football games too. And wrestlemania at metlife stadium is not going to be nearly as cold as the giants game was this past Sunday.

I don't understand why it is such a big deal for people in attendance to... I don't know, wear a jacket? Its not going to be freezing out there or anything. And as for the ring, and the comfort of the superstars, just do what they did at mania 24. Put a canopy type thing over the ring, throw some heaters in there, and let's wrestle. They will find a way to make it work, and it will be a great, fun atmosphere like it is every year. Let's face facts, wrestlemania has outgrown madison square garden. Does a capacity crowd of 22,292 people really sound like a wrestlemania crowd? In my eyes, its not fair. Its not fair to vince mcmahon, its not fair to the superstars who all get a cut of the money made at the gate, its not fair to the fans watching at home, and its not fair to new york city, or fans around the world that want to go to the event. Msg is a nice venue, its the most famous arena in the world. Its great for raw, or rpyal rumble, or survivor series. But WWE have made it abundantly clear that wrestlemania has outgrown arenas, and is a stadium event. Not if instead of metlife, they wanted to have it at yankee stadium, that would be cool too.

As for dallas... that's a no brainer. I just wish that if they wanted to go for 100,000 fans that they would do it in ann arbor, michigan at the big house so they could have 101,001 fans.

Whatever....tradition smadition is what I say. You people need to stop living in the past. That's one of the main reasons many of you people don't enjoy wrestling today. Metlife stadium is a GREAT idea. Would give a buzz to Wrestlemania it hasn't had in years. Nobody wants to see wrestlemania take place in front of 800 people at the garden. Get over it.

-First off the seating capacity for MSG is 18200 not 800.

-Second as it's been pointed out already at least once in this thread, Vince has already passed on the big ticket sales in favor of tradition with WM20.

-Thirdly Metlife is a stupid fucking idea unless they plan to either move WM back May/June which is highly unlikely as that would fuck up the rest of the year in terms of their PPV plans, or construct some sort of temporary roof over the stadium to protect the wrestlers & show from cold/shitty weather, which again is something I doubt they do, as it would cost a fortune.

-Fourth, I'm sure where the hold WM has very little impact on why people don't enjoy wrestling today. You are clearly an ill informed fan.

800? What's the statute of limitations on reporting child abuse, because I'm certain that the only excuse for stupidity of this magnitude is repeated blows to your soft, infantile skull. The Garden holds well in excess of 20,000 people. Furthermore, live attendance gate is hardly the primarily objective of the WWE. If it were, don't you think you'd be seeing a lot more in the way of title changes and major angles playing out on house shows, instead of television and PPVs? The WWE's business hinges on PPV buys, as it has for decades. What matters in the determination of whether or not WrestleMania is a success is how many people buy it, not how many people show up to watch it. Even further, by compensating with ticket prices appropriately, the overall loss of ticket revenue would not be some staggering blow to the WWE's revenues. To be certain, a loss of revenue over holding it in Cowboys Stadium, but not a staggering one. There's also something to be said for a hot crowd, as well. A packed Cowboys Stadium will be hot, but can it get hotter than MSG for WrestleMania? Certainly not. While the WWE would no doubt take a small loss in overall revenue by holding WrestleMania 30 in MSG, the deference to tradition would increase the overall quality of the event and positively impact the legacy of the event and the future of the WWE.

Metlife Stadium doesn't have a roof. Northeast weather in late march/early april could be an issue. If they are willing to risk that, they might as well try to have a WM at yankee stadium. That would draw more attention and could be billed as a "historic" WM.

Metlife Stadium might be a sleek idea and having a WM in NJ is kind of cool. I actually like it, of course my concern is the weather or climate. For fans, like others said, it should not be a problem since if they can attend a Football game during December, no reason why can't they do it in late march or early april.

My concern is with the performers, is there a guarantee they can all perform 100% in an outdoor venue with a potentially cold climate? Even in Baseball or Football cold cities with outdoor stadiums use the weather to get southern teams off their game. But WWE superstars are used to indoor events so will there be some sort of training before WM so they can work in whatever the weather condition be on WM day?

I'm a bit torn on this. On One hand, having Wrestlemania in an outdoor stadium in March is a bad idea. I've been to numerous Opening Day games at Yankee Stadium in April and they are ALWAYS freezing, and those are day games, and almost always raining. So to whomever said it will not be freezing: yes it will be, no doubt about it.

On the other hand, who cares? I had no hesitation going to those Yankee games because of the weather I wouldn;t hesitate to go here either. You wear some layers and a winter coat, I think it will be fine.

I love Wrestlemania 30 being in Dallas. I understand the tradition and what not but it's all about the money. I could see Cowboys Stadium being the new tradition for 10-year anniversaries of Wrestlemania in the future. If you could get over 100,000 there for the Superbowl you could probably squeeze in another 10,000 for a wrestling show. 110,000 people in attendance for Wrestlemania! For the 30th anniversary! I'd buy the plane ticket for that from New York for that in a heart beat.

I believe the MSG 800 comment was clearly tongue in cheek and merely to point out it is tiny in comparison.

Wrestlemania 30 in Dallas Texas is a very interesting one. I assumed New Yorks Wrestlemania would be WM30 due to tradition and WM29 would be in Texas to allow Austin to make his in ring return! Surely Austin must now wait 2 years before he does? Or maybe he officially retires there after a few tune up matches here and there. I also wonder if Undertaker will make an appearence? Pretty sure he will. HOF probably. Maybe with JBL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back