All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Clearly the 800 people comment was tongue in cheek but did somebody really just say that WWE would lose only a small amount of revenue if they held it in MSG? When did about 40 to 50 thousand ticket sales become a small amount? I guess we should start hosting the super bowl in back yard barns then? Tradition smadition is what I say. Those of you bringing up the weather are comical are best. I didn't know April was the coldest month of the year. Wrestlemania would be held in spring in early April. Look at a calender smarks. Vince knows what's best for the business.....if he did what the smarks wanted then the business would have went under years ago. Pro wrestling should not be locked into the past and MSG is a relic of the past.

I like the idea of Foley challenging him.

I've had another idea though as to how Taker could keep his streak, build up a new star, and retire.

If the Undertaker is going to retire in the next couple years, here is how I would love to see it go down...

I see some young star coming in and being built up, maybe from a season of NXT or ROH...someone that we are gonna WANT to see on the main stage. Have him do a slower Sheamus type build, but PLEASE no one the size of Batista, focus on someone with Orton size but with the agility of Evan Bourne.

After a few big wins, and a main stage like SummerSlam, he goes on to win the Royal Rumble ala Shawn Michaels with a low entry and lasting the entire match. With Undertaker having the title have this guy come out and cut a promo about growing up and wanting to main event WreslteMania and who better to go against than the Undertaker. Have Taker go put the title and record up. Undertaker wins and keeps his record in tact and the title. The next night the guy challenges him at the next PPV, but Taker chooses the stipulations. The match becomes a BURIED ALIVE CASKET MATCH.

All leading up to PPV, during Smackdown you see him scouting Undertaker matches and watching videos. When the match finally comes, you have him go over Taker CLEANLY, no interference. He puts Taker in the casket and buries him under it and wins the title. The lights go out and Lightning strikes the headstone. Undertaker appears on the titontron and cuts a quick promo and then disappears. End PPV...but is it the end of the Undertaker?

After seeing how things have played out here in recent weeks/months, I have come to the conclusion that it will be Taker v. Kane 3 at Mania.

At this late stage, there is no other explanation that's possible when you stop and think about it.

#1 - Masked Kane is back. Masked Kane never got to fight Taker again, it was unmasked Kane who lost before. A less powerful Kane mind you.

#2 - Kane's message of Hate. For Kane his message of hate has always been about his family life and issues with Taker. He reiterated that point last night in attacking husbands and wives and children.

#3 - Kane is the only available/believable wrestler to dare to take on Taker at mania this year. For pure strength and size Wade Barrett might be a possibility, but with Cena tied up, then Kane is the only choice left. They sure as hell aren't going to use Big Show as there's no real rivalry here and no chance to build one.

All in all, in my view the choice that WWE is going to go with is Kane again. It works, it's easy to throw together, and outside of those of us who yearn for something bigger/better, this is going to make people overall happy, especially since it was WM14 when Masked Kane and Taker faught last... right after he came in as masked Kane... Revenge at its finest this time around.

If kane is used right from now until wrestlemania, kane facing the undertaker would be a mistake because taker is physically weaker to kane, and kane is now matching the undertaker with how he looks and the powers kane as got. Kane is more demonic than his brother now, and losing to taker would be downer for kane. Undertaker has been off TV for ages, when he returns for wrestlemania I do not believe undertaker can beat kane now, so I do think they should keep the 2 brothers apart.

HHH is actually a perfect opponent for the undertaker, both are not on TV much, and taker beating HHH would be more believable than taker beating resurrected kane. Especially if kane goes on a tornado rampage through the locker room, so like I said a taker that is so weak now compared to the past facing resurrected kane, would not be believable, especially since the WWE have hyped kane has a supernatural monster that has got all the tools for the ultimate monster. Undertaker and kane are never believable characters, but I do not believe he can beat resurrected kane because of the lack of game time undertaker has got.

I am going to go out on a limb with a theory I have...

There will be no continuation of the streak, because there will be no Undertaker match at Wrestlemania. Mark Calloway has unofficially retired from professional wrestling due to all of the injuries he has sustained. We are midway through January, and there hasn't been even a hint of the deadman making his return. I am sure that at the time, he planned on taking half a year off and come back, just like he does every other year, it seems...but I think this year is different, this year his body has not healed the way he wanted it to, he still is not in good enough physical condition to go full out at Wrestlemania. And with the amount of pride that he has, if he can't put on a great show, he isn't going to even try. The last thing he is going to want to do is put on a stinker of a match.

Now, when you combine that with the fact that Michelle McCool quit so she could spend more time with her husband, I think it's at least 50/50 odds that the Deadman is done.

Ladies and Gentleman, the Undertaker vs. HHH at Wrestlemania XVII was his last match.

I am going to go out on a limb with a theory I have...

There will be no continuation of the streak, because there will be no Undertaker match at Wrestlemania. Mark Calloway has unofficially retired from professional wrestling due to all of the injuries he has sustained. We are midway through January, and there hasn't been even a hint of the deadman making his return. I am sure that at the time, he planned on taking half a year off and come back, just like he does every other year, it seems...but I think this year is different, this year his body has not healed the way he wanted it to, he still is not in good enough physical condition to go full out at Wrestlemania. And with the amount of pride that he has, if he can't put on a great show, he isn't going to even try. The last thing he is going to want to do is put on a stinker of a match.

Now, when you combine that with the fact that Michelle McCool quit so she could spend more time with her husband, I think it's at least 50/50 odds that the Deadman is done.

Ladies and Gentleman, the Undertaker vs. HHH at Wrestlemania XVII was his last match.

That could be true, but if taker is having one last match then HHH maybe the safest bet for taker's body. Maybe this is why kane seems to be supernatural gimmick now, maybe the writers want kane to replace the undertaker has the most intimidating gimmick that can mentally scare opponents, especially with him remasked and repackaged has resurrected kane.

I do believe the undertaker will have one last match at mania this year, its only January and royal rumble we could see his return. But he will defiantly be back for this wrestlemania. Mark wants to get to the magic 20 and despite HHH wont be the most intriguing of matches but they got to have a believable opponent taker can beat, because someone like cena punk Y2J and esp resurrected kane, will not be believable because of taker's lack of game time.

This is a difficult one for me. I have been a fan of "taker" since he arrived and took a bite sized chunk of hulkamania & spat it out- the start of the changing of the guard if you will.

If these rumours about taker being "finished" are to be taken onboard.. lets look at the problems WWE will face. Firstly, everybody loves the streak match, I personally watch mania just for that match.. WWE, if they have comformation that the undertaker has pulled the pin, do they tell the fans prior (out of respect)- but in doing so- will they risk people turning off like myself and risk massive amounts of revenue in doing so?

Its a horribile thought, not having taker in the wwe, but its a reality we must face as fans. Its been made a bit easier by his extra long absense this time round.

Ok.. so to the point. My dream match,(only if the two were 100% fit and commited to an hbk style match) would be:

THE UNDERTAKER VS STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN

Triple H would be a terrible idea for Wrestlemania. Seriously, the only intrigue of having a third match with an individual is when the series is split and the third match acts as the tie breaker. Triple H has lost twice, there is nothing interesting about it. Yes, Triple H left the Undertaker broken in the ring, and he had to be carted off, but he still Lost the match.

Part of me thinks that the Undertaker has wrestled his last match, but then again, I'm not naive enough to not realize the WWE wants to push 20-0 more then anything right now. With a look on the roster though, there really isn't an interesting Undertaker match out there. Kane has been done, Triple H has been done. Barret could work, but he's simply not a big enough name. John Cena and Jericho would work, but Cena is certainly locked up, and Jericho is probably going with Punk.

Say in the future, or by chance the WWE decided to put for WM undertaker vs resurrected kane, does anyone else think the WWE would use the 2012 angle, in some way to fuel these 2 supernatural monsters of the WWE to collide. If kane goes on a path of destruction from now until mania, crushing cena if that ever did happen, with kane exercising his humanity and looking to put one final nail in his brothers coffin. Kane saying the reason he exercised his humanity, is to finally put his brother to rest who he feels is on his last legs. It would complete kane's conquest, has the one who finally took taker's soul to hell. But before the rivalry starts, kane cuts a promo saying he has gone through the roster, he as destroyed many opponents and he is the dominant force of the WWE now, until undertaker comes out.

Kane saying when he beats his brother it will signal the end of the world for the WWE, that there is no one that can stop him now. That kane would say when he ends the streak, it would give kane the key's to the WWE. Taker saying he has come back from the dead to stop kane bringing hell on earth to the WWE, and someone has to put an end to kane's search for total destruction. That taker has put all his energy into this one match to stop kane, kane seems to be hell-bent on replacing his brother and doing more damage and misery to the locker room.

We would even have the WWE locker room during wrestlemania, going up to the undertaker, like orton cena rock HHH and a few more even diva's is well, saying to the undertaker good luck against the demon from hell. This would actually indicate even some of the locker-room are worried of the thought of resurrected kane defeating his brother, and the results of the defeat that could await the deadman and the WWE.

I have been saying that it would not be a good idea for taker to face kane, because of the amount of time taker has been out. But my other half of my brain says otherwise, if they let it all go at mania we could get the complete mania match, that is story-driven. But for the first time the undertaker is no longer seen has the stronger wrestler going into the match, and there could be so much on the line. But glen and mark would have to do so much training, to pull off a match of this magnitude that can live up to the story-line.

I do think it will be HHH vs undertaker, but at the sametime this could be an amazing chance to really end the rivalry of the undertaker and kane and bring it full circle, with something so destructive we would remember just like HBK and HHH. Remember somethings need a trilogy to complete it, and 50/50 says to me undertaker vs kane need a trilogy because of the deep backstory of this iconic rivalry

"According to the Dallas Observer the Cowboys Stadium won’t host Wrestlemania, at least not in the next two years. The publication spoke with Cowboys Stadium spokesman Brett Daniels. He said the following:

'We can’t host WrestleMania the next two years because of NCAA Regional in ’13 and Final Four in ’14. We’ve talked with them and gave it a shot but couldn’t make the schedule work.'"

So, if this is in fact true, where does WM30 go?

One would think Toronto is certainly a go-to place for them. Los Angeles perhaps?

Doubt MSG, given that WM 29 should be taking place at MetLife Stadium.

Thoughts?

Triple H would be a terrible idea for Wrestlemania. Seriously, the only intrigue of having a third match with an individual is when the series is split and the third match acts as the tie breaker. Triple H has lost twice, there is nothing interesting about it. Yes, Triple H left the Undertaker broken in the ring, and he had to be carted off, but he still Lost the match.

Part of me thinks that the Undertaker has wrestled his last match, but then again, I'm not naive enough to not realize the WWE wants to push 20-0 more then anything right now. With a look on the roster though, there really isn't an interesting Undertaker match out there. Kane has been done, Triple H has been done. Barret could work, but he's simply not a big enough name. John Cena and Jericho would work, but Cena is certainly locked up, and Jericho is probably going with Punk.

If they cannot get lesnar, and HHH is not going to add interest and Y2J maybe booked for a match with punk then it may have to be resurrected kane. I have made a topic on what could be done with the taker and kane feud, that some angle's need a trilogy to complete the full circle. If kane is built as a unstoppable beast, then taker maybe the only guy to challenge kane's path of destruction esp this kane. To be honest the more I think about it, the more it makes sense for the trilogy to be undertaker vs resurrected kane

While I do agree MSG is far too small for Mania 30, I can't help but to feel a little disappointed that tradition is dead by having Mania in Dallas. Mania 30 should be at a place like Yankee Stadium, Shea, or any other major stadium in N.Y.C seeing as VKM is brave enough to take next year's mania into Metlife (NJ), I'm sure they'll have heaters over the top canopy (sp?) or somewhere. That way the HOF, and RAW after can both be held at the great MSG and tradition still lives on every 10 years in N.Y.C. Wasn't mania in the state of Texas 3 years ago? They can always have it there for Mania 31.

If they cannot get lesnar, and HHH is not going to add interest and Y2J maybe booked for a match with punk then it may have to be resurrected kane. I have made a topic on what could be done with the taker and kane feud, that some angle's need a trilogy to complete the full circle. If kane is built as a unstoppable beast, then taker maybe the only guy to challenge kane's path of destruction esp this kane. To be honest the more I think about it, the more it makes sense for the trilogy to be undertaker vs resurrected kane

Yes and now. This has been done with Undertaker and Kane before. Whenever Kane gets a ton of momentum, they match him up with the Undertaker and then it goes bye bye.

Kane was brought in, unstoppable heel monster. Plowed through the Raw roster with barely wrestling at all. We get to Wrestlemania 14, and Taker wins. We get to Backlash, and Taker wins. They feuded for the better part of 1998, and Kane was left considerably weaker afterwards.

2003, Kane removes the mask. Kane becomes a monster once again. He destroys everyone on the roster, including burying the American Bad Ass Undertaker. Kane has a ton of momentum going into 2004 until... gets paired up with the returning Deadman. Undertaker beats Kane, Kane loses a ton of momentum, eventually being put into a dead baby angle with Gene Snitsky.

Hell, even a couple of years ago, Kane became "the devil's favorite demon" and Taker and Kane had a feud. Kane actually came out on top this time, but this was their weakest work yet together.

Kane and Undertaker have been done to death. They seemingly feud or are paired with each other every couple of years. It takes away from the uniqueness of having a match with each other. This isn't like Taker vs. HBK where they had over a decade of build. Even Triple H vs. Taker had less interaction then these two. I get the pairing, I just have no interest in watching these two wrestle each other again.

For the record, Undertaker was not seen as the stronger wrestler going into WM14, in fact during the match itself he was dominated and had to tombstone Kane 3 times in order to finally get the win.

Anyways, I think their feud in 2010 proved that this rivalry has been done way too many times and is no longer the cash cow that it was in 1998,1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2007-08. It's just been done too many times. We get it, they're brothers from hell, they don't get along and although they've teamed up many times and even held tag team gold, Kane's ego usually gets out of check and he turns on Taker. For those of you creatures of the night that don't believe me, please look at clips at the summer of 2010 where even the return (and subsequent heel turn) of Paul Bearer couldn't draw a reaction from the fans. I'm not bashing Undertaker or Kane, I'm a huge fan of them both, but I don't think putting them in a feud for the 35th time in 2012 is going to do anything for either guy

For the record, Undertaker was not seen as the stronger wrestler going into WM14, in fact during the match itself he was dominated and had to tombstone Kane 3 times in order to finally get the win.

Anyways, I think their feud in 2010 proved that this rivalry has been done way too many times and is no longer the cash cow that it was in 1998,1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2007-08. It's just been done too many times. We get it, they're brothers from hell, they don't get along and although they've teamed up many times and even held tag team gold, Kane's ego usually gets out of check and he turns on Taker. For those of you creatures of the night that don't believe me, please look at clips at the summer of 2010 where even the return (and subsequent heel turn) of Paul Bearer couldn't draw a reaction from the fans. I'm not bashing Undertaker or Kane, I'm a huge fan of them both, but I don't think putting them in a feud for the 35th time in 2012 is going to do anything for either guy

They were seen has equals, what many did not think would happen was kane would dominate the match in the way he did. Even JR and king were surprised at how much kane was manhandling his brother, it is the build up of the mania match undertaker would be seen has the underdog. But unless there is intense training glen and mark can do behind close doors then obvious the match will flop. But do not forget kane has not been taker's equel gimmick wise since kane's mask run, but if they start running out of guys for taker to wrestle then taker vs kane maybe the only option left, better than HHH vs taker part 3

If this is true, that's great news. I'm not putting cowboys stadium down, but I'm a man of tradition and would love to see 30 held in N.Y.C. I made a post very similar in the "29 & 30 Locations revealed" thread. While Metlife is technically in Jersey, have 30 in Yankee Stadium, Shea or any other big stadium in N.Y.C. Being from Toronto you would think I want it at the Rogers Centre but I would love to see it in New York.

Id rather see Undertaker vs Kane one more time than seeing Undertaker vs Triple H. Undertaker never got revenge when Kane and Nexus buried him alive. Kane has a lot of momentum since returning and has been feuding with the top face Cena. I know most of they're matches together were average at best but they can maybe make it a Last Ride or a Body Bag match or something like that.

Two words baby, United Kingdom! After the Olympics, we've got a nice big stadium... :-D

I am not sure of the Olympic Stadium, but Wembley maybe? I was there last year and is an amazing stadium. Rebuild the magic of Summerslam 92 where Bret faced Bulldog only have it a British wrestler(s) in the title picture.

Shameus (Irish so the heel) facing Wade Barrett or Drew McIntire. Build the event around the Britishness of those wrestlers (And Shameus as the Irish against the British) and you have an epic build for a PPV. Let alone the biggest one of all.

Or bring Finley out of retirement and have Finley (Northern Ireland) vs Shameus (Ireland) vs Mason Ryan (Welsh) vs Drew (Scottish) vs Wade Barrett (English) for an epic Battle of Britain and Ireland.

I am not sure of the Olympic Stadium, but Wembley maybe? I was there last year and is an amazing stadium. Rebuild the magic of Summerslam 92 where Bret faced Bulldog only have it a British wrestler(s) in the title picture.

Shameus (Irish so the heel) facing Wade Barrett or Drew McIntire. Build the event around the Britishness of those wrestlers (And Shameus as the Irish against the British) and you have an epic build for a PPV. Let alone the biggest one of all.

Or bring Finley out of retirement and have Finley (Northern Ireland) vs Shameus (Ireland) vs Mason Ryan (Welsh) vs Drew (Scottish) vs Wade Barrett (English) for an epic Battle of Britain and Ireland.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your contribution, but where did this whole misconseption come from that we hate Ireland, or that Ireland hates us?

The UK and Ireland isn't exactly BFFs but we don't hate each other at all! LOL, WE'RE AT PEACE! There's nothing really there to build on, if you wanna make a good main event for the UK, then it would be a partiotic Wade vs. John Cena, because there's way less fans of John Cena in this country then there is in America. That would be a good book, Cena can easily get heat in this country.

Justin LaBar is going to get alot of hate if this is true lol

Im from NYC and still think 30 should be held at MSG. Tradition is all you really have left in this company, so keeping with it should be honored. Id take 18,000 NYC fan reactions, then 100,000 dallas ones. Sorry.

The crowds really make or break the show, and I cant remember when a MSG crowd didnt make a show entertaining

I wish people would get out of this "WM in the UK" fantasy that they're living in. Canada is probably the only country besides America that will ever see another WrestleMania, and even that seems farfetched at the moment. Not to mention, who besides British Bulldog, is really considered a big deal from the UK in WWE? You have to factor in things other than just Wrestlemania. Stuff like the HoF, which usually uses a local favorite as its lead ballad. And before anyone says anything about nobody being from Florida being inducted this year, need I remind you that The Rock is the main draw at Mania and was in fact considered for the HoF throughout the last year.

As for an in-country stadium that WWE could rock, I would suggest going to one of the other classic wrestling cities. Maybe they can go to the Bank of America Stadium in North Carolina. Not only would it be a hit with the huge wrestling fan base, but the HoF's first round ballet would be an instant no brainer. Vince McMahon could easily be inducted to the WM 30 class of HoF if they held it in NC. And for those of you who don't know, McMahon is from North Carolina. He actually went to East Carolina University, the same college that I am transferring to for my Junior year.

I am surprised that Nashville, TN has never hosted a Wrestlemaina before. LP Field has more than enough capacity to handle a Mania sized crowd, although traffic around the River Side would just be abysmal, as the stadium is kind of in a an ackward location next to the interstate.

Is there a particular rotation that WWE follows for Mania venues? Like west to east, or state by state, or is the location affected by fan base? In the past ten years Texas has hosted Mania twice. I'm wondering if Dallas won't host, will WWE try for a state like Washington or California that has hosted the event before?

There are two locations that I'm shocked haven't had a WrestleMania yet. The first is New Orleans. How WrestleMania hasn't been there yet boggles my mind. Having it at the Super Dome would be perfect. New Orleans is already a vacation destination, so they wouldn't have any problem with people wanting to travel there. They could even utilize Bourban Street and have some kind of party there. It just makes perfect sense to me.

The other city is St. Louis. The Edward Jones Dome would be a nice location for WrestleMania and they could play up the whole Gateway theme. It just seems weird WrestleMania hasn't made its way there yet.

If 30 will be held in Canada, Vancouver would be a good option. BC Place newly renovated, can hold probably around 65000+ for a wrestling event, Retractable roof just in case Vancouver weather goes to shit, and a lot of other venues close by for axxess and HoF ceremonies. UFC in Vancouver has sold out 2 years in a row within a day or so ($200 for nose bleeds), is not exactly proof but shows that once a year events work in Vancouver. And plus everyone knows if VKM gets the chance to make attendance record he starts salivating from the mouth.

They should not do this idea, we've already seen this match twice we don't need to see it again the person who faces The Undertaker at WrestleMania this year should be a young guy therefore if he beats 'Taker it does wonders for his career and if he loses it should be that he just loses and he has 'pushed Undertaker to limits he's never been taken before at WresleMania'

as soon as i read wrestlemania 29 was at metlife stadium i thought to myself...everybody might have to wrestle in snowsuits because taking a chance on good weather in new jersery in march or april is a huge risk (unless their is a covertible roof on the stadium) and going to another open air staidum for wrestlemania 30 like yankee staidum,shea stadium or even fenway park (although id LOVE to see a wrestlemania at fenway park not gonna lie) is taking a HUGE risk because there could be a foot of snow on the ground with below zero weather if wrestlemania 30 really wont be in dallas i think they will try for another large football stadium as football stadiums can hold tons of people but who knows what will happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back