All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fuck yes. I'd be completely down with this even at the expense of another current talent.

Im sorry but Brock Lesnar is the most talented wrestler that the WWE EVER lost. He was brilliant, his fueds were epic, his matches were 5 star and he was one bad mother fucker as a heel.

100% yes. I want it to happen, I hope it happens.

He is a greedy guy, and wouldnt full time return, but if he can return for a WM fued with Taker, bring it on.

Remember HITC?? Probably one of the best HITC matches ever.

Believe me, I think most want to see it but taking all the factors into consideration would WWE do it?

Would Raw allow for Rock/Cena, Punk/Jericho (WWE Title) and Taker/Lesnar to be built each week? That is 3 huge main events! Seems unafir they will have to share the spotlight.

Believe me, I think most want to see it but taking all the factors into consideration would WWE do it?

Would Raw allow for Rock/Cena, Punk/Jericho (WWE Title) and Taker/Lesnar to be built each week? That is 3 huge main events! Seems unafir they will have to share the spotlight.

The thing is RAW wouldn't have to concentrate on building it. This would be SmackDown's baby as Taker is already SD and Brock had his dominance on the blue brand as well. Last year the WHC was the curtain jerker match (although, had they known Edge's retirement would happen the following night I'm sure it would have had a more prominent position). Along with the viewing boost this would give the 'B show' is would also give it a much needed credibility shot against their 'A show' counterparts.

Despite his retirement from MMA Brock signed a 3 fight contract with the UFC before his fight with The Reem. Its basically a no compete clause so he can't go to another organization and fight, but I'm not sure how that would apply to the WWE.

That aside he broke a rib in that fight and I've no idea how long that will take to heel. Throw in Brock being doctor ordered to not have any sort of contact training for 6 weeks and its a lot to make it work.

All that aside I think it could be a solid match. Better than another fight with Triple H

Despite his retirement from MMA Brock signed a 3 fight contract with the UFC before his fight with The Reem. Its basically a no compete clause so he can't go to another organization and fight, but I'm not sure how that would apply to the WWE.

That aside he broke a rib in that fight and I've no idea how long that will take to heel. Throw in Brock being doctor ordered to not have any sort of contact training for 6 weeks and its a lot to make it work.

All that aside I think it could be a solid match. Better than another fight with Triple H

Dana White has confirmed that Brock is free to join WWE.

Agree about Triple H, but throw HBK in as a ref and at least you have a different focal point. Thats the rumour anyway. Mick Foley would be my only other possiblity this time around. No interest in Sheamus or Barrett this year.

Dana White said that the contract needs to work out. For this to happen Vince will probably need to buy out the contract as well as give Lesnar a decent pay day similar to Mayweather. It would be well worth it because the buy rate would be through the roof with Rock, Brock, and Jericho all coming back.

If rumors seem to be true then this could be one of the best Manias ever w/ Rock v Cena, Jericho v Punk, Taker v Brock, Goldust v Cody, Shaq vs Show, and a chance of MITB returning. This still leaves us with HHH, Kane, Bryan, Henry, Ryder, Miz, Truth, Del Rio, Ziggler and maybe a returning RVD which he would fit well into the MITB. A tag team title match? Triple Threat US Title Match or WHC?... Possibilities are endless.

Fuck yes. I'd be completely down with this even at the expense of another current talent.

Im sorry but Brock Lesnar is the most talented wrestler that the WWE EVER lost. He was brilliant, his fueds were epic, his matches were 5 star and he was one bad mother fucker as a heel.

100% yes. I want it to happen, I hope it happens.

He is a greedy guy, and wouldnt full time return, but if he can return for a WM fued with Taker, bring it on.

Remember HITC?? Probably one of the best HITC matches ever.

If they do Punk vs Y2J & Rock vs Cena, I think this would be a great triple main event for WM28 (Especially as im going to WM28), as much as Sting vs Taker.

But we all know that aint gonna happen, but like above stated & reported on WZ, I dont wanna see HHH vs Taker 2.

As far as WM29 goes ive read thats gonna be in Texas (dunno if it true), I think WWE should go Austin vs Taker, as SCSA has said that he would love to do "one more match" at WM.

As much as Shawn Micheals vs Taker 3 is appealing, id rather see SCSA vs Taker.

So please Vince :worship: PLEASE make Lesnar vs Taker for WM28.

I honestly think it will not happen, because Taker is likely to retire after this Mania and this Mania will not be VS Lesnar

But if Taker wants to come out of retirement for ONE LAST MATCH in a few years time then I am sure Lesnar would oblige to have such an honour.

So NO it wont happen..... but I vote YES because I want it to happen and I think WWE would do anything to make it happen if the option was available.

No!!!!!!!!

WrestleMania 29 is the place for that match, for a multitude of reasons. Two of them being, 1; HHH/Undertaker/HBK as referee @ 28 is what is planned and been suspected since 27 and 2; Undertaker never beat Lesnar 1-2-3 in a one-on-one match, the only time he pinned him was in a triple threat around Sept 2003 involving Benoit so WWE could build on that Lesnar has returned to kill the Undertaker's character for good for what he did after the UFC 121 title loss, theoretically speaking Lesnar would need to comit to RAW dates to build the feud and maybe have a few matches here and there with guys to put him over again or alternitivley WWE could pull a major swerve and have Lesnar/??? face each other at Elimination Chamber for the opportunity to end the streak.. or have Lesnar return at the 2013 Royal Rumble and win it and announce championships mean nothing to him he wants to beat the man who never beat him one on one at the biggest event ever patter.

If this was 5 years prior and Lesnar wasn't so involved with the UFC, then i'd say yes. But since this very well could be Takers last mania, and because Lesnar is still under contract by Dana White, I don't think that Vince would want Takers last Mania to be against someone whos coming in for a one-off thing. If anything than it should be a current superstar like Triple H(This idea has apparently already been thrown around by WWE Creative) Who wouldn't show any ring rust, and who could put on a great match with Taker like last year. I'm not saying that Lesnar isn't talented in the ring, but this would be a one-off payday for Brock and nothing more if he were to do it.

Dana White said that the contract needs to work out. For this to happen Vince will probably need to buy out the contract as well as give Lesnar a decent pay day similar to Mayweather. It would be well worth it because the buy rate would be through the roof with Rock, Brock, and Jericho all coming back.

If rumors seem to be true then this could be one of the best Manias ever w/ Rock v Cena, Jericho v Punk, Taker v Brock, Goldust v Cody, Shaq vs Show, and a chance of MITB returning. This still leaves us with HHH, Kane, Bryan, Henry, Ryder, Miz, Truth, Del Rio, Ziggler and maybe a returning RVD which he would fit well into the MITB. A tag team title match? Triple Threat US Title Match or WHC?... Possibilities are endless.

Dana White has said Brock is free to join the WWE (youtube the video). There is no contract to buy out, he is 'FREE'. Brock had a 1 fight contract left with UFC. Now he has retired from the sport of MMA. He can do as he pleases.

I can't imagine a reason not to book it. Neither man is ever going to work a full-time schedule for WWE, yet their appearances would virtually guarantee tons of folks buying the PPV who might not have otherwise.

'Taker hasn't been seen since last WM and people are presuming he'll be back for this one. Yet, without a suitable opponent, why bother? Personally, I don't want to see him fight Triple H again. Even C.M. Punk, who is a huge name right now, gains nothing by battling 'Taker. Who else does that leave.....Kevin Nash? Yes, that's two big names, but where's the attraction?

The timing is perfect and Brock is the answer. He hasn't been around WWE for years, he's a huge name and a huge person, just the kind WWE likes to pit 'Taker against. It's January, so they have almost 3 months to promote the match. Neither guy even has to wrestle until WM; all they need is to threaten each other on WWE programs every couple of weeks. The rest would take care of itself because Brock-Undertaker is a PPV dream: two guys who rarely show up in WWE rings appearing on the biggest stage in pro wrestling.

No. No. No. Jesus titty fucking Christ no!!!!!!!!!

What is with everybody's obsession with WWE blowing their whole load on WM28 this year? It's this simple. The WWE has already garnered all the PPV buys they're going to get in the dream match of Cena/Rock. Many of us are already going to order WM28 this year anyway... so why would the WWE throw in something so high profile for free? They wouldn't. There's not one single person out there on the fence of buying WM this year. And if there is, there's not a single person out there saying "Oh, if Lesnar/Taker comes on the card, THEN I'll order it." It has NOTHING to do with building storylines. It has NOTHING to do with not having the time on Raw to build it at the same time you're building Rock/Cena, Jericho/Punk, and whatever Taker does. NOTHING!!! It's simply financial. Lesnar's return will be saved until next year if he wants to come back for a one-off appearance. He will be the high profile draw next year much like the Rock is this year. There's nowhere else to draw money from with adding Lesnar to the card. Lesnar himself isn't going to garner another half a million PPV buys. The WWE is smarter than that and this question is ridiculous.

What is with everybody's obsession with WWE blowing their whole load on WM28 this year? It's this simple. The WWE has already garnered all the PPV buys they're going to get in the dream match of Cena/Rock. Many of us are already going to order WM28 this year anyway... so why would the WWE throw in something so high profile for free? They wouldn't. There's not one single person out there on the fence of buying WM this year. And if there is, there's not a single person out there saying "Oh, if Lesnar/Taker comes on the card, THEN I'll order it." It has NOTHING to do with building storylines. It has NOTHING to do with not having the time on Raw to build it at the same time you're building Rock/Cena, Jericho/Punk, and whatever Taker does. NOTHING!!! It's simply financial. Lesnar's return will be saved until next year if he wants to come back for a one-off appearance. He will be the high profile draw next year much like the Rock is this year. There's nowhere else to draw money from with adding Lesnar to the card. Lesnar himself isn't going to garner another half a million PPV buys. The WWE is smarter than that and this question is ridiculous.

A very good point, that is what my thinking is with WWE. Lesnar vs Taker and Punk vs Austin at WM29 sounds very appealling. It could happen and I hope it does. I'm sold. Save it for WM29. WM28 will sell itself with Rock vs Cena and Punk vs Jericho.

I didnt like your last comment though, I was never suggesting WWE would run with Lesnar vs Taker, I was suggesting more why they wouldn't. Simply playing devils advocate. Surely you are smart enough to realise that? The answers prove this is a subjective question.

I don't think they would. It would devalue both Brock and Taker. Now if it was Wrestlemania 29, where Taker could retire with a 20-win Wrestlemania streak, then it would definitely be doable as Lesnar can beat Taker, Taker retires at a great Wrestlemania win number, and Lesnar looks dominant, but it's kind of like seeing a Taker vs. Stone Cold now. If the stars involved in a match are too big of stars, it divides the star power therefore devalues the pairing between the two. Which is why you never really see legend vs. legend matches anymore.

I can't imagine a reason not to book it. Neither man is ever going to work a full-time schedule for WWE, yet their appearances would virtually guarantee tons of folks buying the PPV who might not have otherwise.

'Taker hasn't been seen since last WM and people are presuming he'll be back for this one. Yet, without a suitable opponent, why bother? Personally, I don't want to see him fight Triple H again. Even C.M. Punk, who is a huge name right now, gains nothing by battling 'Taker. Who else does that leave.....Kevin Nash? Yes, that's two big names, but where's the attraction?

The timing is perfect and Brock is the answer. He hasn't been around WWE for years, he's a huge name and a huge person, just the kind WWE likes to pit 'Taker against. It's January, so they have almost 3 months to promote the match. Neither guy even has to wrestle until WM; all they need is to threaten each other on WWE programs every couple of weeks. The rest would take care of itself because Brock-Undertaker is a PPV dream: two guys who rarely show up in WWE rings appearing on the biggest stage in pro wrestling.

This is the reason I'm still waiting for my Drew McIntyre corrective surgery.

For the guy who thinks this would be the WWe blowing it's load, I'm going to repeat what I've already said. Rock vs Cena is the RAW special attraction, Undertaker vs Lesnar could be the SmackDown equivalent. This should mean increased viewership of the blue brand in the WM build-up, a shot in the arm they really need.

As for it not increasing WM buys, how many UFC fans do you think watched the Tooth Fairy? Brock may have brought wrestling fans to MMA who tired of wrestling, guys who wouldn't be that excited by the return of a guy who's set-up move for his finisher is an elbow drop? Taker vs Lesnar however could promise a far more realistic bout that would excite them.

We have to be honest with ourselves, Mark Calaway is taking longer and longer absences after WrestleMania - there is a strong possibility that this could be his last. Personally, I would much prefer to see him go up against a guy he has never beaten clean than one he has already defeated twice, even if they do another variation of the HBK retirement storyline from two years ago - which I believe would be a mistake as HHH should be available as a performer for a while yet AND just imagine the potential match it could set up next year, the man who ducked 'the next big thing' in the mid-noughties finally having to man up.

One final point, why has Dana White come out and effectively give Brock his blessing to return to the squared circle? Is it to do him a favor by planting the idea in Vince's mind before a potential Triple H match-up starts to build?

I would love that match but part of me is saying NOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO. Taker would have to win and i just cant picture it how could Taker beat him it just dont work in my head as a match its a dream match if it was Taker V Brock before he left but now its a Unbelivable match as they wont let taker lose

We have to be honest with ourselves, Mark Calaway is taking longer and longer absences after WrestleMania - there is a strong possibility that this could be his last.

That's the cogent point. For those of you who think Brock-'Taker would be unnecessary overkill this year, keep in mind that we're not going to have 'Taker in the ring much longer. Do you really think he has years more left in him? As far as I can see, he might have been happy to pull the plug on his career already, but WWE wanted him to get that 20-0 record and is willing to fork over some big bucks to make it happen. He just needs an opponent.

As for Brock Lesnar, who knows what he'll be wanting to do a year from now? Maybe he goes back to martial arts fighting, maybe he tries skeet shooting in Scotland.....who knows? It's just that right now he's retired from martial arts stuff and probably looking for something to do. Why not Wrestlemania......against a big-time opponent who will help him get a large payday? This just might be opportune timing.

Several of you want to delay this match because WM already has its feature attractions set this year. But what good is delaying if there is scant chance of it happening in the future?

This is the reason I'm still waiting for my Drew McIntyre corrective surgery.

I'll have my Drew apply corrective surgery to your Fit Finlay anytime, mate.:lol:

drew12.jpg

LOL at the guys that say they can't imagine Taker beating Lesnar.
For God's shake, Brock is the only guy right now that looks as the ultimate threat to The Streak. Who else is there? And, if we don't want to see a cluster**** match or a finisher fest WWE should find someone capable of carrying The Undertaker through the entire mach. Also the fact that The Undertaker has never beaten Lesnar one-on-one makes that match unique.

One thing is for sure though: this match is not needed at this year's Wrestlemania, BUT who knows what both of them will be doing next year? Taker might also be RETIRED.

With that being said i'd love to see that match take place this year in Miami. It would make Wrestlemania 28 even bigger and the card much much much stronger.

If they can get this match in this year they should considering UT doesn't have too many matches left. Blowing their load on this year's Mania shouldn't even be a thought.

If Taker wrestles at next year's Mania, it shouldn't be against Brock, it should be against THE ROCK!

This would bring in a lot of red necks to watch wrestling again, but Jesus Christ lol it would be very comical in my opinion. It is just me. Oh and Brock is a terrible wrestler btw. Everyone carried him.

No....and definitely not at Wrestlemania 28. First of all, it's too soon after a Lesnar loss in MMA. Second of all, they're not just going to FEED Brock Lesnar to the Undertaker in his first really big match back.

I would love to see it, but it's just not going to happen.....nor should it.

It would be cool to see, but I don't think it would be worth it to the WWE. I would imagine getting the Rock to come back was not cheap and they probably want to get the most bang for their buck in the form of returns, and they probably wouldn't get that if they spent more money on Lesnar for a match that wouldn't be the feature attraction of the show. WM28 may aswell be a one match card because it's already going to draw a ton. There are only so many people you can get to fork over $50 + for a show and I highly doubt another major crossover star would add to that. It's best they save Brock for another time.

LOL at the guys that say they can't imagine Taker beating Lesnar.
For God's shake, Brock is the only guy right now that looks as the ultimate threat to The Streak. Who else is there? And, if we don't want to see a cluster**** match or a finisher fest WWE should find someone capable of carrying The Undertaker through the entire mach. Also the fact that The Undertaker has never beaten Lesnar one-on-one makes that match unique.

One thing is for sure though: this match is not needed at this year's Wrestlemania, BUT who knows what both of them will be doing next year? Taker might also be RETIRED.

With that being said i'd love to see that match take place this year in Miami. It would make Wrestlemania 28 even bigger and the card much much much stronger.

I could see for sure a situation with Taker/Lesnar taking place at this years Mania similar to that of what happened with Rock and Cena last year, Have Taker or Lesnar doing something in the ring and then boom...Lights go out... they come on with a stare down between the two or one challenges the other to Mania next year. That sets up a year for both men to train and get ready to have a much better match rather then having both men come in less then 100% (Taker has been out for months and should have a warm up match before mania and Brock has injuries from his UFC fight that should heal and then hell likely need some recovery time as well.

Actually, i am on the fence of buying WM and i would get it if Taker v Lesnar was on it for sure, so you dont speak for everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back