**MERGED** All Ryback Discussion (Keep all of it in here!!)

Do you tell your friends / family your gonna be on TV?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ryback to me is almost every bit as intense as Goldberg ever was and if they keep Ryback undefeated on Smackdown for the better part of a year, then I can see big potential in this man especially with him becoming the next Goldberg

Am I the only person on here who didn't get into the Goldberg character? I understand the appeal of seeing Big Show jackhammered, but the redundancy of seeing him beat someone every week in a match more predictable than Cena's menstrual cycle kind of ruined it. I don't like sitting through twenty painful minutes of intro and outro antics when there was only half a minute of actual wrestling. His match with Hogan was terrible and wasn't even built toward a ppv main event.

I would accept Ryback getting some squash wins, hopefully he'll have to prove himself in other ways before they toss the belt to him.

I always dislike these comparisons... but he is in a way... aka come in, slam the opponent, leave kind of way... I would hope that they'd either let him talk or give him a manager or explain his back story a bit... I don't want to see him get a belt until there's some talk time... it would make NO sense... he's got the potential and as long as he stays injury free he will be fine...

Ryback could be the next Goldberg but provided he stays healthy and they just keep him as a wrecking machine and then have him work his way up to the main event

He was out with an injury for quite some time..I think him beating these jobbers week in and week and right now is the WWE making sure everything is ok. I think they are slowly working back into and up the later especially when it comes to size of his opponents. When you had a sever ankle injury like he did you dont want to over due it to quickly. Thats why I believe wwe is doing right by Ryback. No need to rush keep him healthy and ryback should move up the ranks.

I just re-watched the debut and subsequent squash matched of the returning skip sheffield or now known as Ryback.

I didnt´t saw much of him in NXT, he was the muscle in the original Nexus and he was quite impressive but he was injured, now he is back and on the smackdown brand.

From what I´ve seen this guy is impressive! we havent seen him go in the ring but that clothesline on the blast from the past episode of smackdown was impressive, he is a poweful guy and he has the look that Vince likes on his champions.

But do you see something on him? do you like him? do you see potential? how far do you he can/will go?

Just from the little I´ve seen, im very impressed with Ryback so far i think he will dominate the midcard, dont know about the main event but if his promo skills are good enough this guy can take his momentum, promo skills and impresive look to launch himself into being an important player in the future!

Discuss......

To me he has the look for sure! not sold on his mic work but things could change from the last time he was on the mic. I do see potential in Ryback its just how far will WWE push him is the main question.

he'll be jobbing in a year. he will NEVER get over with the fans. his "angry" face makes me laugh really hard. eventually you will see him thrown into a comedy tag team..then he will either think he's too good for it and leave... or they will just let him go..

OR...

after Wellness violation number 2.. WWE will cut him.

he has ZERO charisma and the personality of a sardine.. he's just not interesting in the least. a poor man's Batista is all he'll ever amount to. and I actually feel bad saying that. he needs to make as big of a name for himself as possible.. and go try to live off of it for a few years in the Indy's as a "former wwe superstar".

i don't even see WWE using him as an enhancement talent because he's almost too big for that to even look realistic.

these ears ALONE will keep him from going anywhere. how does anyone not laugh at this picture?!?!?

ryback_bio.png

Nah I see no potential at all, not at this time that is. He has honestly been outshined both weeks by a jobber. He is bland as hell and just looks horrible. His ring work is sloppy, hes just too green. Needs more time in developmental territory. Hes honestly just not ready. When your being outshined by jobbers who do nothing but flub on the mic before a match, there is something seriously wrong. WWE blew their load too soon with 'Ryback'. Horrible name as well.

A little luck will go a long way with this guy. They need to get the first feud spot on, because having a new guy come in a destroy local jobbers isn't exactly what you would call inspired booking.

To be honest, I;m not totally sure at the moment whether he is being booked as a heel or a face. I would assume he is being booked as a face due to the two squash matched being preceded by an irritating mic segment by each jobber, but his performances and acting is more indicative of a heel role.

As for potential, it is clearly there. he has 'the look' and that still can't be underestimated. They are clearly looking for the next 'freak' and Mason ryan just isn't it. For all the muscles, he still has the physical presence and menace of a fairy made of feathers.

I hope Ryback does make it. I never understood how they could let the guy come through the curtains with SKIP SHEFFIELD as the announced name.

If I could do anything with him, I would stick him with someone like Vicky who can work the mic a bit for him and surround him with other more cemented talent. Do I expect him to be the next big thing? No. But I certaoinly wish him th best of luck, because the look is there.

Honestly right now, at least with the new "Ryback" thing I still feel like it's too soon to tell. He's had two squashes. I'd say he has the look but time will tell if the rest of it is all there

I dont see it, he's just another big build type of guy Vince loves. My guess is he's gonna squash for the next month or so then maybe feud with Rhodes, Ziggler or possibly form a tag team because Lord knows the 'E' needs them.

Not impressed.

Ryback is pretty much the WWE telling fans "We really want another Goldberg... this dude is totally just as good, we swear."

Look for a feud with Lesnar that bores the shit out of you.

I definitely see potential in Ryback! He was my second favourite on NXT (D.Bry numba 1!) due to him having such a great look and i thought he was really solid in the ring and played the big man role well. All he needs is mic work or a mouthpiece and i could see him in the world title picture in a year or two.

Yes I see potential in him.Now that he doesnt have that red-neck-ish gimmick and is just a monster, its fits him perfectly.He is intense as fuck and he sells that intensity to the maximum,hes very agile for a bulky dude and very athletic.His clotheslines and spears ( as seen when he was in nexus ) are beastly and he generally has good moves.
I've liked him since his red-neck days cause even then I always saw him as pretty good for a big guy.Sure his mic skills are lacking but with this new gimmick I couldnt give a rats ass at the moment.

On the Ryback gimmick I don't have much faith, i just don't see how he will get his personality over to be honest. It's early days so hopefully i can proven wrong. I just don't understand why he got a new gimmick i wasn't impressed with Skip in NXT but when Nexus came along i'm pretty sure people thought he was coming into his own, his beef in the fued came across as legitimate. So he impressed me there.

Never thought much of him. Nowhere near good enough in the ring from what ive seen of him in WWE, OVW and FCW. He has improved very little in the 7 years hes been in development. The only thing he has going for him is his look. But still, as someone stated earlier, his face is just too comical to make me take him seriously.

The bottom line is...everybody has potential. Just everybody gets dealt a different hand and plays their cards differently. Hopefully, the former Skip Sheffield will excel in his role as the re-packaged Ryback. He certainly has the look and and is much more fluid in the ring when compared to the likes of Mason Ryan.

I've just watched his re-debut against Barry Stevens and agree with the Goldberg type comparisons. I'm not sure he will pushed to those extremes just yet though, but the ball is in his court whether or not he does achieve and maintain main event status. Not too sure about that finisher though and totally agree that he should adopt the brutal clothesline he utilised as Skip Sheffield when in Nexus.

I can't see his mic skills being sufficient to support his current character either and could prove to be his downfall. But that is easily remedied in my eyes by finding him a suitable mouthpiece to manage him; this will allow him to concentrate on being the monster that he is supoposed to be.

I think he could have potential, but not as a face. The big guys like him who lack charisma seem to struggle getting over as faces. Just look at Mason Ryan, Ezequiel Jackson, Chris Masters. They're only going to be effective as dominating monsters.

. His ring work is sloppy, hes just too green. Needs more time in developmental territory.

:lmao: and you evaluated this from? His five fucking moves he has performed on television, between two matches? Damn man, if you can get a read on someone not having it that fast, WWE should probably fucking hire you. Also, he has been in WWE developmental for damn near ten years. He isnt learning anything new any time soon.

You guys sound fucking laughable in this thread....The character can't get over? Tell me, what "character" have you been able to discern? "Muscley guy who kicks the shit out of people" ??? Is that it?

Madness. The guy has tons of charisma, and mic skills....He was over playing a basically polar opposite character during NXT, and yet another character during the rise of the Nexus. Charisma, mic skill, and range are what is necessary to get over an rise, and he has that, if you have watched more of his work then the three minutes WWE has given us. Which you probably should, because it is preposterous to claim someone (who isnt named Kizarny) will fail based on three minutes.

He is sloppy? Uhm, his character is a huge pissed off muscley guy....a terminator....How fucking smooth is he supposed to be? Is he supposed to go out and smoothly chain wrestle like Ultimo Dragon? No, fuck no. The sloppier the better, with the style the intend him to wrestle.

It doesn't even matter anyway...sloppy moves aren't what matters in a match, what matters is being able to chain them together in sequences back and forth with an opponent, to make a story. Something he was able to do at a more than passable rate during NXT.

Many of you sound like fools, who don't know a fucking thing about wrestling, and just can't wait to shit on anything the WWE puts out, ESPECIALLY if goodness forbid he has muscles, and doesn't dragonrana.

So, has Ryback potential "on" him? First of all I'd like to know where he received this potential to carry it "on" him. Do you purchase this potential at a local convienence store? Do you subscribe to a website of sort to gain this potential in-which you may carry it "on" you. This is a new thing for me, I have seen anybody having potential "on" them, potential is usually described as something within a person, not "on" them to the catastrophically idiotic opening poster.

As for the rest of you, Ryback is in no way "green." I love some people on these forums that see what they preceive as a new wrestling and immediately accuse him of being "green", cause you know, you guys want to show people how much ability you have in judging a professional wrestlers ability even though none of you have a clue on Odlin's Raven about the first level in-which potential is spotted.

Skip Sheffield as formerly known is one of the most promising guys to come out of developmental. I know some of you are very young, but there used to be this beast of a man in WCW called Goldberg and for an entire year Goldberg was the most over person in the industry based off the fact he would enter the ring, step up and destroy anybody who stood in his path of dominance. I'm not comparing Ryback to Goldberg, I am comparing his situation to Goldberg. Ryback is a fucking animal looking for prey and guess what? It's working, because the smart fans (e.g. from this thread, myself and Norcal) actually have a clue about what makes a wrestler good.

So in-closing. Potential in him, not "on" him for fuck sake. He isn't green, asides from hearing of it half of you haven't a clue about Florida Championship Wrestling. Half of you don't know what composes somebody having microphone skills or actual in-ring talent. So in future, instead of posting for the sake of posting, don't post unless you have something intelligent to add. From yours truly and Norcal, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors, and remember...

Because 90% of the people in the WWE sections are fucking ******s.

Ryback is the single reason I even bother looking into Smackdown these days. On a show so devoid of star power, especially since I often see the few guys I care about on Monday nights anyway, there's usually little reason to check in. But Ryback is a site that you only get to see on Smackdown, and much like the backstage characters that gather around the TV to see what Ryback does to his opponent, I can't look away.

This guy has it all. A size, a great look, and the moves in the ring to make him look like an absolute monster. These claims of "sloppiness" are totally ludicrous. Did his decapitating clothesline on Tuesday skid off of Local Jobber's body? Did he stumble when he deadlifted Local Jobber from the ground to the top of his shoulders? No, he didn't. Every move he hit has been as crisp as a cool autumn day.

These claims of him lacking charisma are equally ridiculous. The ferocity and emotion that he pours into his matches is all the charisma he needs. I can't look away when I see this human wrecking ball step into the ring: all I want to do is see what type of destruction he's capable of. He keeps me tuning into Smackdown, and watching his every move. If that's not a sign of natural charisma, I don't know what it.

And, finally, the claim that he'll "never get over" with the WWE crowd? How long have you been watching the WWE? Since Vince McMahon Jr. took the company's reigns, they have featured these monster characters, and many of them have risen to become stars. Yokozuna, Batista, Kane... the list goes on and on. All these guys made their name by absolutely dismantling opponents, and throughout their careers these guys got some of the biggest reactions on the card (and all three I mentioned are former WWF/WWE champions).

Those are just a few of the many things this guy has going for him. He's powerful, charismatic, mysterious, fast, dominating... so do I see potential in Ryback? Yeah, and I see it being realized right before my eyes week in and week out.

If hes intense enough, and good enough in the ring, he wont need to have great mic skills. Just look at some of the guys that were at the top at one point, but didn't have great mic skills. Batista, RVD, Goldberg, Lesnar, Jeff Hardy, Benoit just to name a few. These guys didn't have the best mic skills, but they were pushed because of there intensity and or what they could do in and out of the ring. Obviously, if there going to make him a heel, they can give him a manager, like they did Lesnar. But of all the monsters lately who have destroyed jobbers, Ryback has impressed me the most.

Shit, I saw potential in him when he was Skip Sheffield and he was just running in to knock the shit out of people with that clothesline. Yup, yup, what it do, or whatever the fuck he used to say. Let's take a look at his qualifications:

1. A convincing strong man that kicks the ever loving fuck out of people.
  2. Rob Van Dam's singlet.
  3. What, you're still reading? This is professional wrestling, Delilah! I'm going to go eat nails and do push-ups.
  4. Still doing push-ups.
  5. What it do!?

If hes intense enough, and good enough in the ring, he wont need to have great mic skills. Just look at some of the guys that were at the top at one point, but didn't have great mic skills. Batista, RVD, Goldberg, Lesnar, Jeff Hardy, Benoit just to name a few. These guys didn't have the best mic skills, but they were pushed because of there intensity and or what they could do in and out of the ring. Obviously, if there going to make him a heel, they can give him a manager, like they did Lesnar. But of all the monsters lately who have destroyed jobbers, Ryback has impressed me the most.

I second that and Ryback is just impressive in the ring, a real man's man, he can go in the ring

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back