**MERGED** Royal Rumble 2013 & Aftermath Discussion (Keep it in here!!!!)

Which Would You Like?

• CM Punk vs. The Rock

• John Cena vs. The Rock

• Not Sure: It's Too Early To Decide

Results are only viewable after voting.

#SAWFT

Pre-Show Stalwart
Title says it all. I know it's hard to call, but who would you want to win the next Royal Rumble?

I'm not sure who I'd pick, as there are a few WWE superstars I would like to win.

Wade Barrett

If he doesn't win Money in the Bank, he should win the Rumble. He's good, but needs that little boost.

Dolph Ziggler

Same problem as Barrett, if he doesn't win Money in the Bank, or the World Heavyweight Championship beforehand, he should win the Rumble. He has such a spectacular Rumble in 2012, why couldn't he win it?

Cody Rhodes

I think he shouldn't aim for Money in the Bank, because his feud with Christian has been brilliant so far. Winning the Royal Rumble could be the pinnacle transition to the Main Event.

Kofi Kingston

I know this one is a long shot, but I think Kofi deserves more than Tag Team. He has proven he can win important matches, and can have amazing feuds. His feud with Orton was brilliant. Have him have some more feuds like that, before the Rumble.

Ryback

Another long shot, but I really like him. And so does Vince. Give him a LONG feud with someone, being a physical brute, then turn up in the Rumble from Number 1, and dominate.

So, who would you like to see win the Rumble?

The Rock : Rock said he wants to be a World Champion again hence maybe he wins the Royal Rumble and win the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania.

Brock Lesnar: It would be awesome if he wins a World Championship again. Either WWE Champion or the World Heavyweight Champion.

Chris Jericho : Should return as a face and win the Royal Rumble as Jericho has never won the Royal Rumble.

It's going to be one of 3 guys:

The Rock - Made a guarantee to become WWE champion again. That path starts at the Royal Rumble.

Wade Barrett - This man has world champion written all over him. A Royal Rumble win would be the stepping stone to the top.

Dolph Ziggler - Ziggler is last on the list as I feel he may end up winning some gold before the year 2012 is over, but he is still a legit threat to take it all.

When did the Royal Rumble become a tool to put over the non-established?

To answer my own quesiton... The trend starting with Del Rio, then followed up by Shemus. I'm really not cool with it being used in such a cavalier way

This is an event that should be a stamp on credibility. The WWE has quickly taken away the value of The Rumble. Example : Last year the winner of the Rumble was in the opening match.

They need to bring back legitimacy to the Royal Rumble. The only person who should win the event is CM Punk. He is established. He deserves it. Hopefully he does it.

To answer my own quesiton... The trend starting with Del Rio, then followed up by Shemus. I'm really not cool with it being used in such a cavalier way

This is an event that should be a stamp on credibility. The WWE has quickly taken away the value of The Rumble. Example : Last year the winner of the Rumble was in the opening match.

They need to bring back legitimacy to the Royal Rumble. The only person who should win the event is CM Punk. He is established. He deserves it. Hopefully he does it.

Good opinion i remember austin winning it 3 times when he was the biggest name in the company. Also Rock, HHH ..etc. Look at ADR right now he should be over before he wins something as prestigous as a RR.

Also you say last year's RR winner didn't Main event WM. Well 6 out of the 7 RR winners have not Main evented WM. So i don't care much for the RR anymore i remember automatically because there was only 1 title that person would staright away headline WM. That's why it was so prestigous to fight for a world title in the main event of WM. Nowadays Title's are irrelvant, the last 5 ppv's a non-title match has ended the PPV.(Cena ended 4 of them). So it just seems RR & Titles are irrelevant anyway. But i guess if Rock wins it and headlines WM, It would bring back prestige. As long as it isn't Cena vs Rock II.

I would rather a more established star win the Rumble, like they use to do. 'Taker, Triple H, Stone Cold, Edge, Cena, Orton- All these guys were established guys who were believable options to win the Rumble. The last two years, we seen more up and coming stars win in Del Rio and Sheamus. What did the Rumble do for Del Rio? Nothing. Sheamus has had a bit more success.

I say Rock or Lesnar. Both of these would be surprising and believable options. Maybe even someone like Punk or Kane could get the win.

Clock ticks down to "0" for the #30 participant and then the arena goes quiet and then.... IF YA SMELLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING! Crowd goes crazy, Rock comes into the ring cleans out the other competitors until it comes down to Rock, Cena, Brock Lesnar. Rock does the Rock bottom to Brock Lesnar, tosses him out of the ring and then has a staredown with Cena before eliminating him to win the Rumble.... Rock then beats Brock Lesnar(wins RAW elimination chamber) for the belt at Wrestlemania but drops it to Cena at the next PPV after that.

This is what I want to happen but it won't: Clock is ticking down to zero for #30 then buzzer goes off then... glass breaks and out comes good ol' Stone Cold. Stuns everyone in the ring and wins Rumble to face CM Punk at Wrestlemania for the belt.

I would rather a more established star win the Rumble, like they use to do. 'Taker, Triple H, Stone Cold, Edge, Cena, Orton- All these guys were established guys who were believable options to win the Rumble. The last two years, we seen more up and coming stars win in Del Rio and Sheamus. What did the Rumble do for Del Rio? Nothing. Sheamus has had a bit more success.

I say Rock or Lesnar. Both of these would be surprising and believable options. Maybe even someone like Punk or Kane could get the win.

You've got a great point here. Part of the problem is that the field of superstars has been a total joke, specifically last year. When you have 60 year old guys and comedy jobbers and Ricardo Rodridguez in his tighty whities, how prestigious is it to win that Rumble?

You've got a great point here. Part of the problem is that the field of superstars has been a total joke, specifically last year. When you have 60 year old guys and comedy jobbers and Ricardo Rodridguez in his tighty whities, how prestigious is it to win that Rumble?

The WWE do need to establish more legit superstars. In the last year we have seen the rise of Punk and Sheamus. Plus, Bryan is rising quickly. Then you have the guys they have tried to bring to the top like Del Rio, but seemingly have failed. Big Show has became more legit recently. And, Mark Henry did a complete 360. So, the guys are there, they just need to gain more and more momentum leading into the Rumble.

I have to options here as I am one that likes to see established stars win the rumble. my first choice would be like a previous poster said. The clock ticks down to zero the lights go out and we hear If you smellllllllllll what the Rock is cook and the Rock comes down cleans house and wins it. My second choice would be Jericho as he has never won a rumble before and it would be a great way to cap off his career. I have not liked the new trend of using the Rubmle to get new talent over, and I think they should go back to when established stars won it.

The WWE do need to establish more legit superstars. In the last year we have seen the rise of Punk and Sheamus. Plus, Bryan is rising quickly. Then you have the guys they have tried to bring to the top like Del Rio, but seemingly have failed. Big Show has became more legit recently. And, Mark Henry did a complete 360. So, the guys are there, they just need to gain more and more momentum leading into the Rumble.

You're right, I'm just saying I'd like to see a stronger field so that winning it seems really prestigious. I like Sheamus but I feel like it was "no big deal" that he won the Rumble, due to the overall field.

Reactions: IHW
You're right, I'm just saying I'd like to see a stronger field so that winning it seems really prestigious. I like Sheamus but I feel like it was "no big deal" that he won the Rumble, due to the overall field.

Yeah, I see what you're saying now. The Rumble participants don't need to be guys like Hawkins, Primo, Kidd, or even Clay. We need more guys that you think can actually win the match. Like in 2011 when Santino was in the final 2, that was a slap in the face of the match itself. We need depth, which the Roster is lacking right now.

Austin won it it 1997 and he wans't established yet. HBK won it in 1995 and 1996 and he still wasn't an established main-eventer. Then came Chris Benoit, Batista and Rey Mysterio. Which one of them was established?

If they decide to unify the belts, which doesn't sound like it's going to happen, the Rumble would be the perfect time to do it:

Have Punk (WWE champ) come out as the #30 participant, win the Royal Rumble then challenge the world champion at WM. They could hype the shit out of that.

If they decide to unify the belts, which doesn't sound like it's going to happen, the Rumble would be the perfect time to do it:

Have Punk (WWE champ) come out as the #30 participant, win the Royal Rumble then challenge the world champion at WM. They could hype the shit out of that.

It would have to be a heel. Thats a heel move. So say Chris Jericho is world champion and cm punk is wwe champion. Well they both already wrestled because the royal rumble is the main event. Participants 28 and 29 are fighting it out and they knock each other over the top rope. countdown clock goes down to 0, no one knows who could possibly be 30. A COUPLE OF SECONDS PASS. Where is 30. Then jerichos music hits. The crowd erupts.

It would have to be a heel. Thats a heel move. So say Chris Jericho is world champion and cm punk is wwe champion. Well they both already wrestled because the royal rumble is the main event. Participants 28 and 29 are fighting it out and they knock each other over the top rope. countdown clock goes down to 0, no one knows who could possibly be 30. A COUPLE OF SECONDS PASS. Where is 30. Then jerichos music hits. The crowd erupts.

Not necessarily a heel move. Punk says he's the best in the world so he could justify it by saying that he's proved himself in the ring as the best in the world but the last thing he needed on his resume was to win the rumble and show that he's the best by winning both belts. Plus, if they had it come down to him and a MEGA heel say like Lesnar or something, everyone would be cheering for Punk to take out Lesnar.
Or they could even do something like this: Use you're scenario above: Everyone eliminates each other and so there's confusion about who is going to win the rumble. Then good old Johnny L. comes out, appearing like he's going to make an announcement, but then he rips off his suit and he's in wrestling gear, about to enter the ring to win the Royal Rumble. As soon as he goes into the ring, he asks the ref to ring the bell and declare him the winner... Refs start talking, then Punk's music hits, crowd erupts, he comes into the ring, tosses Johnny L out and is declared the winner of the Royal Rumble. He then challenges the heel world champion for the belt at WM.

The Rock - Teases a WWE title reign the night after Wrestlemania. Would be a nice surprise entrant.

Cody Rhodes - This guy has always had a good showing in Royal Rumbles and would be a nice step into making him a main eventer.

Wade Barrett - This guy needs a good push he can do everything you want of him and really needs that one moment that puts him over the top.

Chris Jericho - Hall of Fame career but the one thing that always eluded him is winning the Royal Rumble, it can be time since he is returning full time

Daniel Bryan - Keep him in the title picture and let him have a world title match vs Punk at Mania.

Dolph Zigger - Just like Barrett, Just needs that breakout moment.

My choice goes to cody rhodes.
i feel mitb will not in favor him this year.
wade & dolph will most likely win mitb.
so cody rhodes is my choice.

I want Barrett or McIntyre to win.

WWE has been pushing for Barrett for a while but due to injury, he is postponed. As the OP stated, if he doesn't return to win Money In The Bank, I want him to win the Rumble. He is deserving and needs to finally be put in the main event.

McIntyre has all the tools needed but for some reason, just can't build momentum. I don't know if it's due to the personal problems with his ex wife or if someone in management just doesn't like him. I thought he was to get a new push as a playboy/ladies man? I have yet to see any indication of said push and would like for it to happen soon.

I cant say yet who I want to win :banghead: but I think they'll make the rock win. There are rumors of him and brock going head to head at mania and it makes sense. Punk another heyman guy might face lesnar for the wwe title (good match) and lesnar may win by cheating. Dwayne said he'll come back early 2013 (royal rumble) and might use that opportunity (if he wins which is likely) to face lesnar at mania to get him back from summerslam 2002. Rocky even said he wants to win the championship belt. He might lose the championship months later to punk as they have a small feud on air as punk used to trash him during the feud with john cena. This could be part of punks change as well as he wants him and the other young guys in the spotlight instead of the legends as he says in his shoot; "...and the fact that dwayne is in the main event of wrestlemania makes me sick..."

Could not disagree any more with this post.

The reason the Rumble has completely sucked for the majority of its existence is because people always knew who was going to win. Even though the field was always open to 30+ wrestlers, anyone with a brain knew that only 3-4 people had a legitimate chance to win the event. By allowing ADR and Sheamus victories, it truly made the event one that "anyone" can win.

The Rock - as mentioned before as the lead up to Wrestlemania

Kane - Probably the best Royal Ruble competitor to never win, I would think they would have him win one before he retires.

Wade Barret - Would be a huge moment for him to get him to the next level

Miz - Has been out of the picture for a while. I find it hard to believe they will keep him burried.

Stone Cold - Could keep him safe by being the #30 entrant and not have a lot of guys in the ring at that time. Could help set up him vs. Punk at Mania.

Cena - You can never rule him out of anything involving a title shot

Ryback - If they just start putting him up against real talent instead of jobbers and build him up, he'll become way over and estabilished by the end of the year, making him ready to win the Rumble and become a main eventer.

Cody Rhodes - Seems like Barrett or Ziggler will be getting the Money In The Bank win or maybe both if there are two Money In The Bank matches which I hope there is, so we can get two new guys into the main event scene already, so Cody Rhodes should get the Royal Rumble win. He reminds me a bit of a 1995 Shawn Michaels and I could imagine him winning next years Rumble in 1995 HBK fashion except I don't think he should be #1, maybe #5 or something.

You can't rule out hardy, I heard that his contract finishes before January time but then again I've only heard that, Ziggler or Rock are my picks if Ziggler isn't already got whc gold around his waist and rock isn't already in there doing something

Cody Rhodes- If he does not win the Smackdown Money In The Bank Ladder match and is not holding the title by then, then he should be the winner because he deserves it more than anyone else. He has come such a long way since he debuted in the Wwe from being in Legacy and depending on Randy Orton and Ted Dibiase to winning the Intercontinental Championship and making other Wrestlers look good at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back